As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Australiana, Part One

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Australiana, Part One

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Dude, he just told you not to ask questions!

If I was Gabe I would find somebody else. Tycho is probably gonna look in the bag!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I could buy jezza, but is Jimmy even an australian name? I don't think this carefully curated historically accurate comic is doing their meticulous research

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    A quick search shows Australians search for Jimmy as often as any English speaking place outside the US. And James has been in the top 5 names for at least 20 years. But not being Australian, I can't say authoritatively.
    rs9gcd895jy4.png

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    ApeAccountApeAccount Registered User regular
    I'm Australian. I know a few Jameses and a Jim. I don't know a Jimmy personally, but if someone wanted to name their kid after Jimmy Barnes I think that would be completely acceptable within Australian culture.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    That's the guy from Captain America, right?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    So did Tycho just say The letters A and F instead of as fuck?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

yeah its kid slang, just like 23 skiddoo

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

OMG, get with the current lingo.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

OMG, get with the current lingo.

rotflol! brb, afk.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    he's gonna get hepped up on goof-balls!

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    If Tycho was willing to take Gabes dick half way across the country and rub it on a giant screen tv, he can do this for him.
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/01/15

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I guffawed at this comic, but my coworkers think I'm already going a bit crazy today so thankfully I was ignored.

• Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    Its obviously a fresh supply of Drop Bear repellent. :)

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Tycho would be one to work written slang into spoken communication.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If you've ever watched anything with Mike and Jerry communicating in real life you would know that Jerry says A F all the damn time. It is very much a normal thing for him. Not just him mind you, just saying that it has been a thing that he's been saying for quite a while.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I do that kind of thing all the time too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
    You know, being in Seattle I would think these guys would have the "Flying on Edibles" game on LOCK by now. Seriously, I don't fly without them. It's the only way I've ever felt myself marvel at how comfortable the seats in coach are.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    vanner11 wrote: »
    You know, being in Seattle I would think these guys would have the "Flying on Edibles" game on LOCK by now. Seriously, I don't fly without them. It's the only way I've ever felt myself marvel at how comfortable the seats in coach are.

While I'm in no way against recreational drug use and do not doubt the efficacy of your solution, I have to say that one of the last places *I* want to take highly (federally) illegal drugs is in a place where they already redact the constitution to an unbelievable amount.