As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DMV] DC - Maryland - Virginia

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    God, no more

At least everything is off my basement floor

Except my poor table saw but it has its own little stand so it should be ok

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I drove home from work at 830pm last night and it was literally constant lightning. There was no pause between flashes. 695 was a river, which sucked because I need new tires something fierce

Thankfully everyone else on the road with me was driving as cautiously.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I drove home from work at 830pm last night and it was literally constant lightning. There was no pause between flashes. 695 was a river, which sucked because I need new tires something fierce

That's honestly surprising; Washingtonians drive like they've got something to prove.

I guess that's how you know it's serious!

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    My fans are blowin and the basement windows are open, nothing was flooded but water got in and a good portion of carpet got wet. Somehow the sump pump got unplugged... and my cat chewed my headphone cable up.... I've had better days.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    templewulf wrote: »

That's honestly surprising; Washingtonians drive like they've got something to prove.

I guess that's how you know it's serious!

I'm in northeastern Baltimore

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So DC passed the thing to get rid of the alternative minimum wage. I guess now it is up to see if the council voids it or not at the behest of the restaurant industry.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Be careful of the water today if you live around DC!

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Boil-Water-Advisory-in-Effect-for-Major-Portion-of-DC-488088441.html
    A problem with the water system Thursday night made it "possible for contaminants to enter the water," DC Water said in a statement early Friday.

templewulf on
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    They've updated the affected areas, which is still basically the majority of NW and NE. Arcmap here.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I've got two all-access tickets to http://www.deathfests.com/event/days-darkness-festival-2018 in Baltimore that I'm looking to move if anyone is interested or knows someone that is!

• Options
    Nice! I don't think I can make it that weekend, but it looks pretty sweet.

I did, however, discover Wreck The System at an event in Ohio, but they're apparently from PG county out here.
    https://wreckthesystem.bandcamp.com/album/hyrule-the-world

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hi Washington metro area friends. The snow we just got was pretty easy to shovel, which was nice. I hope you are enjoying your snowy day!

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Hi Washington metro area friends. The snow we just got was pretty easy to shovel, which was nice. I hope you are enjoying your snowy day!

Its great. And not done yet. Down here in NoVA we are in the 6-12" range now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Boyfriend might stay the night in Baltimore since he has another shift tomorrow in order to avoid a shitty commute.

• Options
    We got 4.5" here in Brunswick, MD.

Usually we get more than most but this time we got the least

• Options
    We're just outside the district, and the roads are technically drive-able, in the loosest sense. It's definitely a stay-home-and-play-videogames day!

Everybody stay safe out there

• Options
    hey!

this was supposed to be over by now!

why is it a blizzard outside?!

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    hey!

because my dogs are having fun playing in the snow

sorry

• Options
    hey!

because my dogs are having fun playing in the snow

sorry

Well that's ok! Snow on!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Daww....I'm working from home and the kids school just got canceled.
    This is the worst.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    I know they never do but DC's government could go ahead and call things now, let us get dug out and not make me have to worry about which of my staff will call out.

• Options
    I know they never do but DC's government could go ahead and call things now, let us get dug out and not make me have to worry about which of my staff will call out.

Yeah it’s weird during a partial government shutdown. Almost feels like they should just call it now or at least call for a delay.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    ~4 inches up in College Park. Last night was hard to get sleep over the number of ploughs scraping by, but they seem abscent while snow started to accumulate during the daytime. The road outside my home is all white now.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I am so cold right now.

cold and tired.

stupid snow. stupid winter.

• Options
    I lost power got it back, then lost it for almost an hour, but the power company got everything running again at 6. We're doing fine now.

Everybody else okay?

• Options
    Haven't had any issues here in Baltimore. It stopped snowing around 4:30/5pm

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

Yeah it’s weird during a partial government shutdown. Almost feels like they should just call it now or at least call for a delay.

We were told to follow OPM's guidance but their status just says to check with your agency. So uh. Hmm

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

We were told to follow OPM's guidance but their status just says to check with your agency. So uh. Hmm

They posted on twitter that they'll announce weather-related changes. I'm reading the current status on their website that the "check with your agency" bit isnin regards to the shutdown only, not any other events that could affect the operating status.

• Options
    Check your email folks, DCPL just closed and that might mean the District government as a whole is coming next.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    OPM website says we're closed tomorrow!

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Yeah everyone is reading the current status as closed. Snow day!

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Work for loudoun government and we're not closed, yay!!!!!!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    This is a weird snow day. The roads are all plowed and drivable. The ice isn't even that bad. There's just six inches of snow everywhere else.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Work got cancelled and the kids' daycare is open, but the roads to get there haven't been plowed yet!!!! This is the worst!!!!!!!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Working from home today, kid's daycare is close and my wife has to take care of him all day after working two twelve-hour shifts this weekend. She is not happy about it, but won't let me call out of work to help.

And after spending all day making sure my parking spot was clear of snow and I had easy access to my car, it got plowed in last night/this morning. This is the worst.

• Options
    Government is closed so I am teleworking.

But I always telework on Mondays so.....

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Once I get close enough to DC, it seems pretty walkable, but everywhere else is just snowbanks shoved on top of the sidewalks.

• Options
    It looks like we're in for rain and then freezing today. If you've got the option, head home before 4PM today!

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=4586da427f5ffaf6&hl=en

• Options
    uuhhhh

how about 7:30

that will be good too right?!

• Options
    uuhhhh

how about 7:30