As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rimworld] 7 year olds can wield firearms. Biotech released!

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    That's one thing that the Medieval Times mod does which I really wish it wouldn't. Because not only do they provide tiny little benefits like +5% work speed for tailored gloves or 2% faster movement speed for having socks so I feel like I need to have them (and that they might be horribly unbalanced), but now I also feel like my colonists are walking around barefoot without them.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    There is a slight practical value to boots/gloves though.

Under vanilla Rimworld, hands/feet aren't covered by anything so if you ever wondered why fingers get blown/bitten off in combat so often, that's the reason why.

Those minor boosts in effectiveness are nothing TBH. The real gains are from advanced prosthetics and alpaca wool.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh hey, B19 is out!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/294100/announcements/detail/1696055855818288784

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH5tLLJXbg8

That's right, B19. We're not going straight to 1.0 after all, since Tynan decided that the game could still use at least one more coat of polish before he considers it "done". Game is in a bit of a frustrating state right now, imo RimWorld is a good game as-is, but mods are what truly make it shine, and a lot of modders are waiting on 1.0 before they bother updating their mods again. That said, B19 negates the need for a lot of the "quality of life" mods (Hand me that brick, While you're up, Colony manager e.t.c). Mostly I miss Simple Sidearms.

Also in the category of "things people were doing with mods but is now in vanilla", Naked Brutality is now an official start where you start with one colonist with no items whatsoever including clothes. It sure does make the early game interesting, if potentially very short!

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Oh, Colony Manager is built in now? How does that work?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So looks like 1.0 has been released!

I haven't played this game in probably a year, year and a half. I'm watching some twitch streams / youtubes with the aim of researching new things and remembering old things.

Anyone still playing this? If so - what mods are you using? I'm trying to figure out what mods aren't necessary anymore with 1.0, and what mods are considered "must haves".

"Prepare carefully" and "Work Tab" are ones I currently have subscribed, which are leftovers from when I used to play. I'm guessing they are still valid.

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    So looks like 1.0 has been released!

I haven't played this game in probably a year, year and a half. I'm watching some twitch streams / youtubes with the aim of researching new things and remembering old things.

Anyone still playing this? If so - what mods are you using? I'm trying to figure out what mods aren't necessary anymore with 1.0, and what mods are considered "must haves".

"Prepare carefully" and "Work Tab" are ones I currently have subscribed, which are leftovers from when I used to play. I'm guessing they are still valid.

A lot of the colony management type mods have become more redundant as QoL changes are made to the game, but they can still be quite helpful depending on how much control you want. They include things such as Pharmacy Manager, Animals Tab etc.

Prepare carefully is still relevant if you want more control over your starts. Prepare carefully (alongside Map Reroll) are more essential if you want to try the naked brutality option.

I like vegetable garden (more stuff to grow and more things to do with them) and Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (EPOE). I wouldn't say either are hugely balanced, but EPOE in particular allows you to recover/rebuild after shattered spines or brain injuries and so on.

I'd say just to have a game or two of vanilla and see what annoys you the most/what you think is missing and then go from there!

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So when I last played, the only interaction you had with the world map was when you chose your initial landing site.

Now I've learned that you can launch caravans or raids which is really cool. Is there anything else you can do? Can you have multiple settlements or abandon one and make a new one?

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    So when I last played, the only interaction you had with the world map was when you chose your initial landing site.

Now I've learned that you can launch caravans or raids which is really cool. Is there anything else you can do? Can you have multiple settlements or abandon one and make a new one?

I can't remember if you can have multiple settlements in vanilla. Maybe it was a mod or maybe not?

I will say one thing, the Devs were very proud of creating a sphere in a game. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    There is a button for abandoning your settlement and help/tooltip that says you can abandon and start another. :I don't think you can have multiple settlements in vanilla.

• Options
    This might have changed in 1.0, but up until recently you could have multiple settlements, however, by default the maximum allowed is 1. All you have to do is change it in the options though, and it'll give you a little spiel about it might be pretty taxing on your CPU. I've not had issues with running two simultaneously though. I imagine if you had two full-size settlements running it would, but chances are you'll have a "main" settlement and a small mining/logging/whatever outpost.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hey, is this the most recent RimWorld thread? Do we need to blow the dust off?

The game has been updated to version 1.1, and a new Royalty expansion has been released for $20.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1149640/RimWorld__Royalty/

The 1.1 update has been in the works for a short while here. The DLC seemingly came out of nowhere, and now it seems obvious the update was in preparation for/smooths over the process of integrating a new DLC.

1.1 does many small fixes and some good quality of life type things. Some of them:
    • New recon armor, a lighter version of the top tier armors
    • EMP launcher, smoke grenade launcher, smoke grenadier enemy
    • New animals: bison, donkey, duck, goat, goose, guinea pig, horse, sheep, yak
    • Barricades constructed of wood, metal or stone; and now sandbags are actually created from cloth as they should be
    • Low tech body part replacement: wooden hand and wooden foot
    • New ruins generation in maps, including pillars and pots, which can be claimed and used as free decorations
    • Better UI scaling
    • New quest tab to help keep track of things
    • Keywords in text in different colors to highlight important information
    • Streamlining for how mods are handled in a few ways

The DLC adds a new interstellar empire and a host of new features like:
    • Royal titles that make people haughty and proud and require more impressive rooms (essentially a longstanding feature from Dwarf Fortress)
    • Psychic powers: blind enemies, mind control them, block pain, buff allies, induce mass vomiting, teleport objects and people, drive enemies insane, render allies invisible
    • A variety of new quest types and storytelling opportunities, such as
      oQIixFm.png
    • Mechanoid clusters: essentially mechanoid settlements that crop up and sit as a dormant threat, which allow you to approach the fight offensively instead of how the base game tends to be focused on defense
    • New imperial weaponry: plasma swords, electrical zeushammers, hypersharp monoswords, and psychic bladelink weapons (a lifelong bond with the weapon)
    • New imperial implants: neurocalculators, drill arms, gastro-analyzers, skin hardening glands, under-skin weapons, poison attacks, aesthetic enhancements, nuclear stomachs, and love enhancers
    • New full album worth of music by the original RimWorld musician, Alistair Lindsay

As this is brand new as of right now, impressions are a little scarce, but some people seem to be enjoying the expansion. Others grumble and see it as what amounts to a paid mod, and worry about what happens if/when free mods encroach on the DLC's territory. After all, RimWorld is a very heavily modded game. But overall it seems pretty cool and hopefully breathes some new life into the game.

Lots of mod authors are also scrambling to update their mods to be compatible with 1.1.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 1.1 beta updates made it sound like there's a team working on the game now. It makes a lot more sense now that they dropped the DLC -- seems like he decided at some point post launch to get a team together to make more content and extend the life of the game with DLC.

Which seems fine. It's either worth it or it's not. There are a lot of cool mods out there, but there still feels like plenty of space for professionally made content DLC -- I definitely haven't felt like there's an oversaturation of content with the mods we have now.

Honestly the soundtrack for the original is pretty awesome -- I'm tempted to drop $20 on it just for more music in that vein.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I agree, when you ask yourself "why should I pay for this, there are so many free mods," well, at some point you need to ask why pay for anything? If what's been produced looks cool and you also want to support the developer, it's as much worth it as anything else.
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Honestly the soundtrack for the original is pretty awesome -- I'm tempted to drop $20 on it just for more music in that vein.

Absolutely, I just recently started playing again...randomly, and with serendipitous timing for 1.1...and the thing that really struck me again was man this music is just amazing.

Hmm. I see @TheKoolEagle has been gone since about October, maybe I should've just made a new thread for this...oh well.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The streamer fame went to his head, that jerk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I just picked this up this weekend and played it most of Sunday. It's pretty fun, though I tweaked the starting settings to allow me to choose a 4th person.

Also annoying that I have manually draft people for defense, even when people are being attacked by a mad squirrel that's flagged as a hunt target, they'll just run away instead of turning around and shooting it while everyone else ignores it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just picked this up this weekend and played it most of Sunday. It's pretty fun, though I tweaked the starting settings to allow me to choose a 4th person.

Also annoying that I have manually draft people for defense, even when people are being attacked by a mad squirrel that's flagged as a hunt target, they'll just run away instead of turning around and shooting it while everyone else ignores it.

Click the Assign menu, then click the little foot picture:

MVsik28.png

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    what?! i'm here. I just forgot to log in... for 5 months...

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Heyyy it's TheKoolEagle!

You spared me from making a new thread. Though I don't know if the new stuff will really make a lot of waves around here, I think the game mostly had its time in the sun. But it's actually been awesome to go back to.

I just launched the ship in my latest playthrough, but it was a lousy easy mode cheater's win. But I don't care, I just enjoy colony building and farming and questing and trading.

l1czxm5.png

Proud crew photo:

v57uCi4.png

A random highlight from earlier...I was offered this trade:

MEoAJM3.png

Yes I absolutely took them up on that offer :o

• Options
    So I've only really had two things that would be a story so far. The first was on the morning of Day 2 a timber wolf came into camp and ate my yorkie. I reloaded.

Most recently at like, 2 AM a boomrat went made and wandered around my village until someone came outside whereupon it quickly got knocked out. Then I told it to euthanize it, but instead the guy carried it onto an animal bed and gave it food and medicine. Now I have a healthy boomrat wandering around my nicest house, which seems dangerous. I assume if prop open the door it can get out?

Also fun, I finally got my first new colonist. She was complaining about the light sound she was in one of my starter cottages, so I told it to build a stand lamp. My construction guy got up at 1 am to haul all the pieces next to her bed, then went back to sleep. Rude.

Question about food. I've got an electric stove, but I feel like my cook still spends a significant portion of his day maintaining my stockpile of simple meals. Is there a way to increase the cooking speed or should I just resign myself to eventually having a full time cook?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    you kinda want a full time cook but one way of doing it is setting up stockpiles next to where the cook sits (dont forget a chair!) and set the bill so that the cook drops the food as soon as its done. as long as you have a dedicated hauler the cook will crank out food rapidly.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    I can set them to drop it in the bill? I'm not gonna lie, I have trouble parsing what some of the bill settings actually mean.
    My stockpile isn't right next to it, but the door to the production room is about 5 tiles away from my freezer.

I don't yet have a dedicated hauler cause I feel like all my people are already so busy I can't spare one to not ever do other things. I did recently tame a couple donkeys, and I seems I can train them to haul. Once I do so I will they handle hauling on their own like a human or do they need a driver?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I can set them to drop it in the bill? I'm not gonna lie, I have trouble parsing what some of the bill settings actually mean.
    My stockpile isn't right next to it, but the door to the production room is about 5 tiles away from my freezer.

I don't yet have a dedicated hauler cause I feel like all my people are already so busy I can't spare one to not ever do other things. I did recently tame a couple donkeys, and I seems I can train them to haul. Once I do so I will they handle hauling on their own like a human or do they need a driver?

Once you train an animal to haul, they'll do it on their own.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    This game had its "time in the sun" but for those of us who own it... I think it'll be like civ, every 6-18 months I'll remember I own it and reinstall it for a week or two. Def gonna grab the DLC.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'll give it a week or two fro all the big mods to be updated

• Options
    Middle of fall had a cold snap come in and lay waste to like 80% of my fields, while also having a storm have 3 lightning strikes in areas where I have to put out fires, and set one villager on fire who apparently never learned to stop drop and roll.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So I decided to do a tribal start. I managed to get my people and animals through winter via a copious slaughter of all wildlife, but most of my chickens died. But winter is finally over, spring is here and I can begin planting crops and haygrass

And then a cold snap starts

4 days later the cold snap ends

It starts snowing.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Some other fun stuff I saw posted from the new DLC:

w9VbgXc.png

3Mxo1V4.png
    I'll give it a week or two fro all the big mods to be updated

https://old.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/f9xe0c/theres_now_officially_over_1000_11compatible_mods/

4600 mods still tagged for version 1.0 but there are already over 1000 updated to 1.1!

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I'm very much enjoying the DLC despite there being a dormant mechanoid cluster right outside my base. Maybe I should wall it off before some idiot trade caravan steps on them and set off the proximity sensor.

Oh, and my first quest from the royal folk was to protect one of them from an angry monkey. After that they "were bored" so they released some lions on me and gave drugs as a reward. It's hilariously Rimworldy.

Strikor on
  • Options
    I bought the DLC last night! I didn't get super far in but the changes sound pretty sweet overall. I was happy to see Steam reviews are very positive despite the initial (apparently minor) furor over having the gall to release DLC for their full featured and very not-Early Access game.

I haven't seen a ton of the new content, but I can confirm the new music is good! Some of the tracks start off a bit synth-ey which had me kind of nervous for 5 seconds, but it's still the twangy goodness of the OST at its core.

I'm holding off on the royal stuff for a bit -- I did get the first quest though, which seems to be given pretty early on. My maiden-in-distress is being chased by a very angry goose, which is all I needed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I like that there are loading screen tips now, in particular I linke the one which says:

"Some animals explode on death. You can load animals into drop pods. Think about it."

• Options
    I've had some more time to play the last few days, and it's been pretty sweet! My opinion on the DLC's music has been upgraded from good to real good. It does have a healthy dose of electronic stuff alongside the acoustic, but it fits the atmosphere perfectly and I got into a very solid groove while playing.

I totally forgot that you can rebel against the monarchy, which is a huge plus! I felt weird going straight into getting royalty titles on a fresh colony with 3 destitute colonists, so I was ignoring those quests as I played through. Eventually I got a quest to help a rebel fleeing from the monarchy -- and she knew the location of their secret psychic base with plans that would let us develop psychic powers without them. I'm all about that, so I said screw it and I'm now at war with those jerks. I haven't gotten the plans yet but the new powers I've seen pop up as quest rewards sound kind of awesome.

As far as non-DLC content, my run has been surprisingly tranquil. I had a 131 degree heatwave hit, but you deal. One of my colonists was attacked by a rat for 5 hours before I noticed and almost died, but was rescued without any permanent scarring. The most alarming was a bear breaking into my slaughterhouse and cornering my best hunter, but his only permanent scars were a lost middle finger and my farm oaf brawler was able to knife fight the bear to death and save the hunter.

I wound up with one of the worst colonists I've seen from a random join. She was an elderly mafia don with an inability to do any manual labor and no skills beyond shooting. Initially I sighed and decided she was alright as a secondary hunter, and hey more protection is good, but it just got worse. She had a terrible wake-up addiction that routinely reduced her moving and manipulation to 25%, and I couldn't deal. I'll just say she met her end hunting boomalopes with a pistol and we're all better off for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Is there any way to keep construction people from tearing down walls and floors to build doors/new floors until they have the required material? Like I get that I can just cancel it when I run out, but I don't always notice when I run out of, for example, cloth, but my guy will still tear up floors to install carpets when he doesn't have anything to make the carpet with.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    CornKingCornKing Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    My goodness this game is good. The secret to surviving winter is to live somewhere where there is no typical western winter further away from the equator. Doesn't help the heatstroke but 2 out of 3 isn't bad.
    Is there any way to keep construction people from tearing down walls and floors to build doors/new floors until they have the required material? Like I get that I can just cancel it when I run out, but I don't always notice when I run out of, for example, cloth, but my guy will still tear up floors to install carpets when he doesn't have anything to make the carpet with.

Replace Stuff mod might be what you want.

CornKing on
  • Options
    One of the mods I've been keeping an eye on for a while, Save our Ship 2, goes live either today or tomorrow. We FTL now:

do1rb7cm46051.gif

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909914131

https://sosv2.fandom.com/wiki/Save_Our_Ship_Wiki

I'm still in the process of switching all of my walls from wood to stone so I'm a fair way away from spaceships just yet, but I'm looking forward to getting there!

• Options
    Ok, this probably sells what the mod is about better than the five second gif I just posted:

https://youtu.be/3lJ_XRxhlrs

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Implying I will ever leave the planet when I have an army of clones in exo-skeletons powered by nuclear energy to attend to?

CornKing on
  • Options
    It looks like it lets you build ships early on, and they exist alongside your colony for transport, storage, and doing random space stuff. There are too many games to play now, but that looks really tempting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Fiatil wrote: »
    It looks like it lets you build ships early on, and they exist alongside your colony for transport, storage, and doing random space stuff. There are too many games to play now, but that looks really tempting.

Its quite excellent, I have 123 mods all working together atm, genetic rim, bad hygiene, etc etc. Not sure if they all work together as appropriate but it seems to. Im not really bothered by the spaceship but Im sure i'll get to it. Its a game with long-term investment so you can save your game and come back to it. Some people have an 11 year old colony.

CornKing on
  • Options
    The new update today looks pretty sweet too! A lot of psychic changes -- they buffed it overall, and it's no longer illegal! The Empire are less pompous opulent assholes and more spiritual psychic users, and you can now be a psychic user without having to worry about them cracking down on you.

The new methods of gaining psychic power sound pretty neat. They basically added druids!
    There are currently five focus types:

Dignified: This can be used by psycasters with Empire royal titles. They meditate on meditation thrones, and gain more focus for more grand and dignified thronerooms. This is part of a shift in emphasis for the Empire, somewhat away from the pampered noble image, and more towards the quasi-religious psychic order aspect that they've always had. You'll note that this kind of meditation is a direct replacement for the old 'authority' need that your titled pawns would have. Now, instead of sitting on the throne to boost their own ego, they do it to meditate and regain psyfocus. The throneroom is a social gathering place, but it is also a meditation temple expressing deep traditions of an honor-bound culture.

Natural: This focus type is used by those with tribal childhood backstories - whether you started as a tribal faction, or simply recruited someone with a tribal backstory. Natural meditation foci all need to be in nature - they lose their power if there are artifical structures too close by. The concept here is that they want to go away from people and do a psychic practice by communing with the stillness and eternity of the natural world.

The most important meditation focus for the natural focus is the anima tree. One of these unique trees spawns on every map with a biome where it's at all feasible. The tree glows with bioluminescent micro-organisms and has a connection with the surrounding psychic field. Anima trees are powerful foci for building up psyfocus, but also serve another purpose - they can actually upgrade your psycasters. When meditated to, the anima tree slowly develops anima grass around its base. Once enough is grown, you can send someone to link with the tree through a tribal ritual and gain a new level of psylink. This gives a reason to have lots of people meditate to the tree sometimes - possibly even the whole tribe - to grow the grass faster. Anima trees are not vulnerable to toxic fallout and animal will respect them and not eat them (except the jerk alphabeavers). If it's destroyed, a new one will spawn some time later.

Besides anima trees, you can also build nature shrines or acquire ancient animus stones and place them in nature to meditate to them. These won't give new psylink levels like the tree, but it can be useful if you're on an ice sheet and there is no tree, or you feel you want a meditation focus in a specific spot (though they still lose power if too close to artificial buildings). Raiders won't see or attack the hidden nature shrines and animus stone.

Morbid: This focus type is used by those with certain traits like psychopath, cannibal, or blood lust. They draw psyfocus by meditating on death. To that end, graves and sarcophagi are a meditation focus for them. This kind of meditation is more powerful with a corpse inside the grave, and even more powerful if the corpse is related to the meditator.

Minimal: This focus type is used by ascetics. They want the absolute minimum, so they meditate to blank walls. It's a powerful type of meditation, but only ascetics can use it, and they can't use some other types.

Artistic: This type of meditation is usable by most people. The psycaster will meditate to art. Higher-quality art builds psyfocus faster. This kind of focus object is very accessible, but not quite as powerful as other methods.

The above all means that the Empire no longer needs to have laws against psychic powers - so they don't. If you want to be tribal psychics drawing power from the anima tree, while being friendly with the Empire, you can. The Empire also no longer tries to prevent anyone from using bladelink weapons (renamed to persona weapons), again, simply because it wasn't worth restricting players this way. Such weapons are still very hard to get, so if you get one, use it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Alright, Save Our Ship 2 with the new meditation stuff was a bit too much to pass up, so I've been playing way too damn much Rimworld for the past couple of weeks.

SoS 2 is awesome, as anticipated. It looks like it's made by the same people who made the psychic mod that eventually became a big chunk of Royalty -- they would be crazy not to get something in the works to make this official too.

It adds so much to the end game. I think I'm like most people, in that I never gave a damn about launching the ship in Rimworld. All that does is....end my fun sandbox. That's no fun! But now it's completely integrated into colony management, and gives you a ton of awesome quality of life stuff once you get into it.

I think it's balanced pretty well! It adds some very powerful and useful things, but it's all at the very end of the tech tree, and the material costs are there to match. You need the starship research from the end of the vanilla tree to even start using the new stuff, and pretty much all of it requires advanced components and lots of plasteel. Which folds in nicely with one of my favorite parts -- the reusable shuttle and cargo ships are amazing. You unlock a reusable shuttle that runs on chemfuel, and it can transport one person around the map (to harvest minerals or trade) and back. It immediately makes mining distant ore deposits, which you 100% need for the amount of plasteel and advanced components required for ship building, a lot easier to manage. It's small, doesn't store a lot of cargo, but lets you send one guy to hit one plasteel or component deposit really effectively.

Then, you get the cargo ship, which is amazing. It can fit multiple people, and 1000 kg of cargo. It runs on uranium, and costs a solid amount to build. But once you have that, you can send a squad of several people, and have plenty of room to transport lots of goods for sale or mining. You eventually get a heavy cargo ship upgrade, with even more storage and a higher cost.

It's very powerful! But it's something you don't get until you're already well into what would be the "end game" of Rimworld without the mod, and the mod requires a lot of advanced material, which makes it fit perfectly. I used Prepare Carefully to give me a pretty favorable group of starting colonists, because I wanted to get to the ship building and cyborg making part of my playthrough, and I'm at 30 hours in on the save. As of last night, I finally launched my basic shitty box ship. I really like how well they integrated it on the world map too, as seen in the 2nd screenshot:

B4BCEBC8D002AD86C5181F6F57F9B233DEE00AAE
    (technically I haven't loaded the fission generator with uranium fuel and this guy is going to die, but I wanted a screenshot!)

99B169E355A93398891BE60B202EDAD6C537265A

If you're into it, it adds a ton to the end game. At 30 hours in, this is where I would normally start to lose interest because I have 13 solid colonists with a bunch of cyborg parts and the ability to manufacture most of the items in the game. But now, with SoS, after 30 hours I basically have a shitty tiny box ship with no weapons or practical crew accommodations, and no capacity for FTL travel. It's been a lot of fun the entire time, and I'm excited to keep going, I've basically barely scratched the surface of SoS 2, and I've spent the last 10+ hours of my playtime focused primarily on its mechanics and getting a ship.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png