As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The only good thing is there seems to be a LOT of vocal critcism about it, so hey! Maybe it'll get changed.

(I have significant doubts, given Revenant's 4 made it into the game...)

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    A new type of fashion frame, unpainted minis

I feel attacked by this.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I dunno, I think there's a good chance of it being changed since the criticism is pretty unanimous and I'm seeing a lot of similar suggestions as to how to fix it. Revenant had a lot wrong with him on every level since he was a messy concept to begin with like Khora so it's less surprising his #4 made it in since his whole kit is lame.

Edit: They could keep the base effect of the 4, get rid of the movement speed reduction, and have the ability have 8 charges. She can then throw her blades and impale a target that then showers everything nearby in blood causing debuffs. As she uses charges the blade cloud loses oomf.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Alternatively, unlimited blade works and be done with it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »

I was picturing Gilgamesh's summoning weapons. But that works too.

EnclaveofGnomes on
    Polaritie wrote: »

I mean...I was picturing Gilgamesh's summoning weapons. But that works too.

Yeah, either one, they work pretty similarly anyways. Maybe make it so any damage during the cast adds more swords.

• BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I've been paring back my hours, but tonight I decided to finally put some forma into Gara. Two forma (plus one more for Corrosive Projection) did the trick well enough. Put Splinter Storm on self and pet (and defense target and maybe allies). Then just bust a Vitrify every 30-40 seconds while running past everything as it dies. It's not very chill because it requires a lot of jumping around while simultaneously watching the ability timer and energy levels and enemy radar, but never having to worry about aiming or firing your weapons kind of makes up for it? It's different, anyway.

It might be nice if there was a 5 or 10 second warning sound when an ability like Splinter Storm was about to run out. Or maybe I'm just lazy. :P

I've been using a Sahasa Kubrow since the energy they dig up is handy for Gara. It's also nice for invisible fishing trips with Ivara. That Fetch mod can't come soon enough.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    This Halloween event is really lame.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    A lot of frames I can figure out while levelling, but I watched a video on how Gara works yesterday and I don't think I would have figured out her synergy of how shattering the #4 with #1 to increase the damage of #2 just by playing on my own even though it is kinda described on the abilities.

So I'll probably have to work on getting her tuned up at some point in the future since it looks like a really strong ability, though with lots of micromanagement.

steam_sig.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    This Halloween event is really lame.

It's a returning event, so it was approximately zero work on DE's part to do it again. Honestly, I prefer this to nothing, to help kill the time until Fortuna comes around.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    A lot of frames I can figure out while levelling, but I watched a video on how Gara works yesterday and I don't think I would have figured out her synergy of how shattering the #4 with #1 to increase the damage of #2 just by playing on my own even though it is kinda described on the abilities.

So I'll probably have to work on getting her tuned up at some point in the future since it looks like a really strong ability, though with lots of micromanagement.

It took me a while to really figure out what to do with Inaros, as well, apart from the obvious Dessication -> Finishers combo and Sandstorm-ing masses of wimpy stuff. It was starting to click for me hanging out with you guys during the Plague Star reprise but yesterday I was able to pull some kind of action-movie slomo montage during a Sortie mission and tie up a huge number of dudes for the duration of the Mobile Defense ticker while just hammering them with melee.

Getting my hands on Negation Swarm was the last piece of the puzzle, I think.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I do appreciate the free reactor I got out of it.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    So I'll probably have to work on getting her [Gara] tuned up at some point in the future since it looks like a really strong ability, though with lots of micromanagement.
    Mesa,Titania, Saryn, Volt, Equinox, Excalibur... plenty of absurd DPS to choose from. I still haven't jacked up Volt or Excalibur. All I really want from Volt is speed, and I picked Excal as my starter way back and kinda burned out on it before I got any of the mods that would make it strong.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    It took me a while to really figure out what to do with Inaros, as well, apart from the obvious Dessication -> Finishers combo and Sandstorm-ing masses of wimpy stuff. It was starting to click for me hanging out with you guys during the Plague Star reprise but yesterday I was able to pull some kind of action-movie slomo montage during a Sortie mission and tie up a huge number of dudes for the duration of the Mobile Defense ticker while just hammering them with melee.
    That sounds very cool. I'm still at the Dessication and melee stage. But yeah, Negation Swarm is very nice and made today's radiation sortie stages not bad at all. I get tired of mostly just bringing Oberon to those. Inaros is also a great pet frame. Link Health, Link Armor, and Pack Leader make a pet stupidly survivable with Inaros.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Blain wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    That sounds very cool. I'm still at the Dessication and melee stage. But yeah, Negation Swarm is very nice and made today's radiation sortie stages not bad at all. I get tired of mostly just bringing Oberon to those. Inaros is also a great pet frame. Link Health, Link Armor, and Pack Leader make a pet stupidly survivable with Inaros.

Yeah, I gave in and built the Nutrio segment on Sunday since I've been playing Oberon and Inaros most of the time anyway.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

They're doing an ARG on the warframe official twitter. Brief run down from quite shallow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4rPY4PG4Y

The problem with affinity boosters for the daily reward is I want to squeeze every last benefit out of it so last night I ended up blowing probably 10+ forma on frames and weapons. So now all those extra forma from the plaguestar event are gone and it comes around every month, right? :(

steam_sig.png
    The problem with affinity boosters for the daily reward is I want to squeeze every last benefit out of it so last night I ended up blowing probably 10+ forma on frames and weapons. So now all those extra forma from the plaguestar event are gone and it comes around every month, right? :(

Yeah, they offered me a 5-hour credit thing last night, and I could use it for the final jump for Cephalon Suda status among other things, but I also wanted to sleep so I took some Cryotic instead. Some kind of fire-when-ready toggle on the short-time ones would be welcome.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Did something similar a few nights ago. Spent way too much time in sanctuary onslaught but wound up with a Saryn Prime setup I'm happy with so I was fine. Also leveled up Hydroid Prime but didn't use any forma on him.

Then last night the sortie coughs up a 3 day affinity booster.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The trick with login boosters is to be high enough MR that you get 32 hours.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Universal Vacuum you say? Is this in the game or just announced?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Universal Vacuum you say? Is this in the game or just announced?

Announced to come with Fortuna. Vacuum mod for pets basically.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is Fortuna the next patch/frame release?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited October 2018
    It's the next big update which will implement the Venus open world, a new Warframe (Garuda), and a bunch of other new stuff.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm thankfully sitting just under 20 forma still from all my Plague Star farming. Have nearly finished leveling Chroma Prime and have my Vasto Prime all forma'd for my riven. I think I might be able to get a better roll for it but it seems passable for now.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is Fortuna the next patch/frame release?

And it's coming (The plan is anyway) in the first week of november. I'd say it's on schedule for that, with the ARG they're ramping up right now.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    if you enter SOLARISUNITED as a promo code on the warframe site (under store>promo codes) you get a free lift together sigil.
    it's a part of some ARG that i guess they are doing with "warframe partners" for whatever reason.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    They're doing an ARG on the warframe official twitter. Brief run down from quite shallow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4rPY4PG4Y

Seeing that question with that wording immediately made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/dSpOjj4YD8c

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh, no way. You mean we'll be able to use our animal pets and pick up loot?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Man, I'll be very happy when my controller will work again with the PC version.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Nef Anyo's voice actor did a parody of We All Lift Together
    https://youtu.be/nWdPLnn9rWw

wWuzwvJ.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I so hope that once Railjack comes out (or earlier) we'll get to crush another Nef Anyo plot.

Most Grineer villains have redeeming values. They're raving tinpot dictators, mad scientists etc etc.
    Corpus villainst are just so slimy, simpering...weak. Cocky and toxic as long as they're sure that they have more technology and minions to throw at you, but little begging wretches once you rip away their defenses.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Their faces and groins are just so... Kickable.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    Cool article on the cosmetic Tennogen program and how it helped out one artist. I haven't been playing for that long so I hadn't heard of the program, though I have seen the items for sale, just never bothered to look into why some is available for plat and others for Steam cash.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-a-struggling-artist-escaped-poverty-by-designing-a-warframe-scarf/

steam_sig.png
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    aw damnit, that song is ridiculously catchy and is gonna be bouncing around my skull for another week. it was funny tho.

i got all the khora parts after playing so much sanc onslaught that i was losing hope. i wish for a day when RNG in games is replaced with something that makes it so i'm happy i got whatever thing i'm after instead of just relieved that i don't have to do that thing any more.
    also have chrome prime and the gram prime building, still looking for the rubico prime bp. been a pretty good week! i've cracked sooo many relics, you guys!

i'm thinking octavia is next. just need the derelict survival mission for the last part.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    edited October 2018
    darunia106 wrote: »

GivE UNtO thE vOId
    4xak6sbjop8s.jpg

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit TOGSolid

JtgVX0H.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    darunia106 wrote: »

GivE UNtO thE vOId

This is...cursed

Crippl3 on