As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I wish some of my luck would go to things other than a gacha game. Got another free 5*, not a new one this time but still nice: neutral IV Veronica. Wonder what to do with her, she's got some nice skills to give.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I spent way too much trying to get everyone :( I got Owain right away, but then I kept getting pity broken over and over by off-focus 5*s :( Then I pulled like 3 Lokis in a row, so ok... I only got one Kliff who was -ATK, which I guess is a good IV for him? I dunno. I wasn't gonna be too picky with him, I just wanted one copy.

Edit: I wish I could pull another Veronica... I did get a pity breaker Nina which is like, eh, ok...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got a Kliff in my free round. Apparently Fort Def/Res is one of those "level 4" skills like Deathblow 4, in that it chains from Fort Def 1 to Fort Def/Res 1, and there's a fix coming to give it that bright yellow border.

• Options
    On further use, I'm really not sure what role kliff is meant to fill. He's got good magic and physical bulk and a kit that complements that, but his attack isn't really high enough to get any mileage out of his prf.

He's incredible as fodder, but as a unit he's just a mage who can take a hit.

• Options
    Doesn't Kliff's prf give him the weird trait of benefiting from a lower attack stat? Seems kinda awkward to use, really.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I got a ... Tana? In my first screen. Ok, surely her IVs are better than my current -spd +res!

Nope, -atk +hp. Sigh. I suppose I could merge into the +res one and go all in on enemy phase tank. Dual close defense, iceberg, etc.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    It's been long enough that even if I jinx it.. Oh well.

But the last 4 or 5 banners have all given me the 5* unit I wanted on the free pull. Well, except this one. I wanted Owain, but my free circle had no red. So I pulled a Loki instead.

I'm in agreement that her art is just... Ugh. I refuse to use any Camilla or Kagero for the same reason. They're just gross.

Edit: Yes. Yes I did mean Loki.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    You mean Loki? Though I guess on her part it's meant to play up the "evil/chaos is seductive" angle. I don't really want her either.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Welp, scraped together some more feathers by sending excess manuals home (plus junk from pulls last night). I *should* be pivoting to Hawkeye merges but fuck it, I was one away:
    o9vdn5azgv20.png

Edit: Don't know why but I randomly wanted to figure out what the next few Legendary Hero summons would be, so I went back through the news to figure out who would be on the October and November banners (since each time it says "<hero> will be back in <month>").

This is what I came up with:

October:
    -Lyn (green)
    -Robin (colorless)
    -Ephraim (blue)
    -New Red Hero

November:
    -Gunthra (green)
    -Lucina (blue)
    -Ryoma (red)
    -New Colorless Hero!!!! (FINALLY)

Now I am hyped for November. Thank god someone OTHER than Robin for colorless Legendary banners...

The other nice thing is I don't really want any of the October heroes other than the new one, so that should help save me some orbs I think. I forget who is scheduled to be on this one (other than I believe it's Spring Alfonse's turn, and probably Bride Sanaki and Ninian) but hopefully I can snipe and get out :3

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I just encountered a Lilina in arena who fucked up a deathless run. +10 ATK boon with Deathblow and the Deathblow refine. She initiates at 72 ATK.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    AND she chops off 7 Res from your highest Res unit.

Fun stuff, but I'm not sure why you'd ever enemy phase her with anything of yours that isn't blue.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »

Fun stuff, but I'm not sure why you'd ever enemy phase her with anything of yours that isn't blue.

Fae is green and can easily tank her. My Fae usually has 60 res, and the triangle disadvantage is only, what, 10% more damage?

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Fae is green and can easily tank her. My Fae usually has 60 res, and the triangle disadvantage is only, what, 10% more damage?

20%, but yeah, Fae often goes mixed or Res tank and can generally stop an unbuffed one. (Though let's be fair, in this scenario you're calculating an optimally buffed and built unit that has purely traded Def for Res against a purely unbuffed one.)

Kasyn on
  • Options
    edited October 2018

It was a misplay on my part. Flier emblem team needed to deal with a rogue Bow Lyn and I over extended, forgetting that Alphonse doesn't have reposition.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I've been throwing all my orbs at the Myrrh/Dorcas banner, since I already had some percent on it when Myrrh's solo banner showed up, and man, what a cursed banner that was for me. I went to 5.25% without a single 5*, and was finally broken by a garbage pile -SPD Rhajat.

On one of the circles with four green orbs, the first pull was a 3* Beruka, and I said out loud, "god I hate Berukas." So naturally:

S0gOols.jpg?1

Cursed banner.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh, up to 5% on the seasonal myrr banner. I guess I deserve it after getting a couple 5*s from free pulls in the past few months

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ugh, up to 5% on the seasonal myrr banner. I guess I deserve it after getting a couple 5*s from free pulls in the past few months

I've gotten to 4% 3 times on that banner and have been pity broken by Katarina, Brave Roy, and Horse Eirika.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    5% isn't particularly unusual. It's the 7 or 8% where I start pulling my hair out.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I don't know how bad your luck is but 5% is pretty rare for me. 4% happens but that's definitely right about the point where I'm not feeling great about that run.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So Aversa is pretty great to bring along to Domain maps :)

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I got her to 5 star too, but only from the lunatic reward. Haven't beaten infernal! Owltomes are bad on that map! Sorry Soren :(

• Options
    I got Aversa promoted to 5* but I'll wait until tomorrow to level her again with double SP (I did level her once at 4* just for the SP before promoting).

I'm kind of at a loss as to what skills to give her. I put Fury/Desperation on her, and then remembered her weapon works off her current HP and realized Fury is bad. Bah. Maybe she just wants L&D3.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I just gave her the HP/Res seal because I've got nothing better to do with it.

I wish I could get more merges for her though, gotta boost that HP.

Special Spiral would probably be a good B for her but haha I don't even have one. Maybe renewall, or hell even Green Tome Breaker?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I think it's safe to say Aversa isn't going to be anyone's choice for Abyssal clears. But that Domains thing, yeah. It's neat to see units that are sorta built to excel at specific modes.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    She has decent enough stats to be a red bladetome user for flier emblem, so I wouldn't totally rule her out for certain team comps in Abyssal.

• Options
    I've got a spare M!Morgan, maybe I'll give her Dull Ranged for the B slot...

• Options
    There, finally got my damn deathless Arena Assault run. Now I can slack until Tuesday.

I'm trying to decide if next week (which I assume will be the new rotation) will be better... L!Tiki won't be a bonus hero, but I suspect she'll still be on every team :/ It would be nice to get SOME teams without her tho....

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    It's me; I am the person who's getting back into Heroes now because I married Aversa in Awakening.

Will probably just stick to doing story missions, avoid anything that requires super serious min-maxing.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh, don't worry. There's plenty to do without going min-max on teams.

I basically have one flyer team I use for everything, and the only inherit on anyone is reposition (because it's abusable as hell on flyers) and fodder for that is pretty common. And brave axe+ on Cherche I guess. Because I don't think it's possible for her to ever stop being a strong player phase unit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Man, Relay Defense still sucks even with the most recent changes.

• Options
    Man, Relay Defense still sucks even with the most recent changes.

I really hate it. I also hate that it's two weeks long...

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    The fundamental issue is they haven't figured out how to handle the power creep and balance it between the users who are spending the money to have a set of +10s and the casual and low spenders who may only have a few fully kitted out +10s.

• Options
    speaking of which, I finally finished my first 5*+10:
    C9sweoN.png?1

Still need to put an Aether on her, but otherwise good stuff. Her partner Nowi is at +7 I think.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I don't regret bringing my Tiki up to +10 as a 4*, but every now and then I see a 5*+10 one and get jealous.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I should probably use my almost 600k feathers to make some 5+10s

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I should probably use my almost 600k feathers to make some 5+10s

Yeah. Like... Cherche. She could probably do with some free stats for those pesky units that she doesn't one-shot already (heavy blade seal is fun too with her attack...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm considering building a Hinoka. I had a junk -ATK copy forever that just kind of sat there filling in occasionally (mostly honing before NY Azura showed up), but awhile back I pulled a +SPD -HP one that I didn't bother with for ages because Cordelia, so right now she looks like this:

8RKhL3D.png?1
    (SP and HM obviously not accurate since this is a builder screenshot)

I've been thinking of partnering Hinoka with Camilla for flier B team. Camilla has her axe refine and goad fliers, so between those, ally support, and Hinoka's spear, Hinoka would have +13 ATK/SPD if Camilla was adjacent, putting her at 64/48 before slotting an A skill (or a drive seal on Camilla). At that point she beats Cordelia's 62/44, and would be higher still with Life and Death, but Cordelia already rocks that build with a safe Firesweep and no ally positioning to worry about, and I'd like to try something other than total glass cannon.

I've been holding on to the old Hinoka in case I need Hone Fliers somewhere, but I could also merge her for +1 spd. I have some bond skills she can slap on since Cam will probably be at hand anyway, or some stance skills to bulk her survival, but I'm not really sure where I want to go with her. Anyone have some interesting builds with similar units?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Well got an owain. Unfortunately +def/-atk. But I think his skills can sort of compensate for that

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hmm, these new banners are interesting... The Reinhardt one is kind of butts, but the other one with all the ladies is nice. I kinda got baited into pulling on it and a thing happened:
    12z5e7yos63h.png

I can't decide between L&D3 and Fury 3, but that attack and speed with L&D3....

(Btw not all of these from this banner.. I tend to pull Linde a lot... But I did get like the last couple I needed)

Edit: Dang I just realized I have enough dew for another legendary refine... Hmm.... So torn... I think I may go for Clair since armor effectiveness is just so good, but she really needs some extra work to not collapse with her weak defense stat...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    For the record, Linde is absolutely bonkers with a blade tome, given the speed numbers. I learned it the hard way when my hector got one-shot (not doubled!) by a Linde in arena.

--Mark Twain