As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] This thread has suffered a catastrophic translight jump failure.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Are we still using Vent for communications? I’ll have to redownload it and get the info again if so.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Lately we've been using Discord since too many of you all use it.

@Erlkönig and I were probably the last two to use Vent.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    I should be on. Trying to get studying in for my CompTIA Linux test today while I'm at work so I can.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    BEHOLD MY NEWEST LUMBERING DAKKA MONSTER
    nlrc7gyi2xol.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yes, yes, good.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    chasm wrote: »
    BEHOLD MY NEWEST LUMBERING DAKKA MONSTER
    nlrc7gyi2xol.jpg

Needs a matching shotgun version.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    If I can get enough spacebux before the sale goes off, I plan on doing a 6xLB5X one, too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Thinking I want to build an srm or mrm assault boat. Any chassis recommendations?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Stalker is the obvious choice but im worried about those barn door sides up close.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CP-10-Q would be my choice. Agile, relatively fast, decent armor and structure. Plus, if you consistently run into the same lights, you can pop Streaks on it and make them shit their pants when they try to go after Charlie Lance right off the drop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stalker is the obvious choice but im worried about those barn door sides up close.

The loyalty version with MRMs, MLs and ECM is nice. Makes people back away really fast. Actually I need to try it out with the new heat thing....

At first I thought you were also going to try out ATMs and would have recommended the Nova Cat.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Stalker is probably one of the least good SRM/MRM chassis. The twist on that torso is so bad.

Cyclops-10-Q is the meta-choice for SRM splatting and the Mauler has really nice bunny ears for two big MRM lanchers.

MAL-2P is probably my next assault mech, and I'm going either MRM60 Mal or UAC Mal

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Yep, but it was free and in more capable hands than me it is a murdering juggernaut.

I modeled it after Cheerios who inspired the mech build. Which I should know better than copy since he can also do insane damage in any mech he pilots.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Might have to go mal or cp. Stalker has always been an unlucky chassis for me

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    I saw that Fafnir build from the other page and immediately saw some changes that I'd want to make :P

Std295, 4 LBX10, 1 MPL

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I saw that Fafnir build from the other page and immediately saw some changes that I'd want to make :P

Std295, 4 LBX10, 1 MPL

My turn to channel Erlkonig: Why a single MPL? *edit* weird. Smurfy didn't show the ECM when I clicked on it the first time. Anyway, the MPL tonnage could be better used for more ammo. A single MPL isn't gonna scare anything off.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Because wubs!

• Options
    chasm wrote: »

Std295, 4 LBX10, 1 MPL

My turn to channel Erlkonig: Why a single MPL? *edit* weird. Smurfy didn't show the ECM when I clicked on it the first time. Anyway, the MPL tonnage could be better used for more ammo. A single MPL isn't gonna scare anything off.

At the end of a match when two Assaults are flopping around without any ammo. Yep, that MPL will win the game.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Should've brought more ammo then. *harumph*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think the 3xRAC2 Shadow Hawk will be seeing action tonight.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Ebon Jaguar: Nice gauss mech with a fairly well synched secondary laser loadout.
    Jagermech: Jagermechs are IMHO not great, but twin gauss looks like a solid loadout.
    Thunderbolt: Tripple LPL. I don't think I like this loadout. It's a bit too hot, the heatsinks aren't in a great place, the engine isn't what I'd like and I don't like having all primary weapons in the same component. But it can poke pretty well I guess.
    Timberwolf: Pretty good loadout. Fairly cold, solid loadout. Well protected primary weapons (two LPLs, 3 ERMLs as backup)

For whatever reason, I can do serious work with this mech and loadout. I think it's mostly because the 'bolt can take a good beating. And you can use up your arms shielding. Agreed though, all weapons on one component means you can get stick'ed, but hopefully by that point you've done plenty of damage. Gotta stay away from machine gun boating lights though, someone who knows what they're doing can neuter you quick.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Now that they changed the quirks to global cooldown I like running it with:
    LBX10
    SRM6 x2
    SRM4
    LMG x2
    Light PPC

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

LBX10
    SRM6 x2
    SRM4
    LMG x2
    Light PPC

Suddenly, I'm kinda tempted to move my twin-RAC5 Shadow Hawk over to a twin-LB10X Shadow Hawk...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

LBX10
    SRM6 x2
    SRM4
    LMG x2
    Light PPC

That is so many buttons to push

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    @Konphujun @Elvenshae We're in game and waiting.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

LBX10
    SRM6 x2
    SRM4
    LMG x2
    Light PPC

I'd honestly group them in 3.

LBX10, LMGX2 on 1.
    SRMs on 2.
    Light PPC on 3.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    @Konphujun @Elvenshae We're in game and waiting.

We're also sitting in the BT/MWO Discord channel.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Erlkönig @Betsuni

Hopping on!

I don't see a BT/MWO Discord channel on the main PA Discord?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Okay, the ER Large didn't work out as I felt I needed more ammo, so it's a MPL now instead, but the 3xLB2X build is fun.

• Options
    You guys playing, @nulfis in game. I'll try and find the discord.

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    You guys playing, @nulfis in game. I'll try and find the discord.
    I'll make sure we get you after this match if you're on

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    @Dark_Side invite sent in game

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Great matches tonight everybody. Our greatest achievement (7 man):

oosiks_ride.png

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

LBX10
    SRM6 x2
    SRM4
    LMG x2
    Light PPC

I'd honestly group them in 3.

LBX10, LMGX2 on 1.
    SRMs on 2.
    Light PPC on 3.

Pretty much:
    Light PPC on 1
    All torso weapons on 2
    Then just LBX on 3

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Everyone already replied to it, but that's just bad design not showing your rewards if you quit from a match. I really thought I recieved none and was being punished for not sitting through 10 minutes of nothing. I had sat through the match previous and noticed people leaving, but it was skirmish so I only had to wait for one mech to die.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Everyone already replied to it, but that's just bad design not showing your rewards if you quit from a match. I really thought I recieved none and was being punished for not sitting through 10 minutes of nothing. I had sat through the match previous and noticed people leaving, but it was skirmish so I only had to wait for one mech to die.

You think MWO has UI problems? Surely not.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Good games all. Still sorry about shooting someone's arm off!

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Good games all. Still sorry about shooting someone's arm off!

That's expected when running with Oosiks.

oosik_betsuni.png