As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    edit: nvm

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2018
    Gotta respect the Red Sox for having members of the 2004 team throw out the first pitch and basically saying, "Fuck no, we didn't invite that nut job Schilling."

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    PS this was part of my deal with the devil. I win the Keeper League Championship, Red Sox win the World Series. You're welcome, Sox fans.

Goose! on
  • Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    PS this was part of my deal with the devil. I win the Keeper League Championship, Red Sox win the World Series. You're welcome, Sox fans.

You and the devil are A-OK in my book. Great deal all around.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Oh yeah. Congratulations. I am a terrible commissioner, and a salty owner.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Oh yeah. Congratulations. I am a terrible commissioner, and a salty owner.

Don't worry, we all tried to forget.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Well I'm gonna throw a party and invite everyone but Schide, so nyeh

Goose! on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I've got plans that night.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Having nightmares of that Buxton for Yelich trade.

Maximum wrote: »

Having nightmares of that Buxton for Yelich trade.

Technically I traded you for a draft pick...

Charlie Montoya is the next Blue Jays manager.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Rocco Baldelli is the new Twins manager

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I would have been happy with Espada, Montoya or Baldelli.

Thought the Jays would go younger but Montoya should be a good fit.

Also this is dope

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yep. The non-self-aware parts of our brains are significantly better at just about everything than the parts that make us "human." As soon as you're actually aware you're thinking about something you're engaging in the slowest process your brain goes through.

There's a great sci-fi book about this called Blindsight. Highly recommend.

Angry wrote: »
    I would have been happy with Espada, Montoya or Baldelli.

Thought the Jays would go younger but Montoya should be a good fit.

Also this is dope

Too bad the guy is an asshole, though. Check his response to someone talking about Jennie Finch, one of the best pitchers on the Olympic Medal winning US women's softball teams.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure anyones had a worse game than kinsler

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Hey so baseball still going on tonight eh

I still don't think LA ends up winning but that mistake is just the sort of thing that could turn the series around

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I believe this is now the longest game in postseason history

also

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    hi folks who's still awake for this insane game?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    We're going to the 16th.

Why the fuck not?

Should make the game tomorrow interesting.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the longest recorded game is like eight hours, let's go for it

edited October 2018
    Let's go to 28 innings, too. Get all the records

Goose! on
    By the 20th the pitchers will switch to soft toss underhand pitching.

The 20th will have Puig take the mound for LA

I legit feel bad for Boegarts. He's clearly hurting.

Maeda just like whatever man

That force at 3rd invigorated Kenta, he's mowing them down now

Puig is the only player I believe still has the actual energy left to win this game.

Puig is the only player I believe still has the actual energy left to win this game.

Muncy seemed like he could.

edited October 2018
    It’s just almost impossible to string together a few hits with the way the Sox lineup is destroyed (especially with bogaerts and Nunez barely standing)

We had our shot and kinsler blew it (and possibly blew two games at once)

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Can we stuff Smoltz into a closet somewhere please

Eovaldi is now the only pitcher to throw 4 innings in extras during a World Series

Oh... Except for Babe Ruth in 1918.

y2jake215 wrote: »
    It’s just almost impossible to string together a few hits with the way the Sox lineup is destroyed (especially with bogaerts and Nunez barely standing)

You ALMOST wonder if the Red Sox wouldn't be doing themselves a solid to just give this one to LA at this point.

Eovaldi is making himself a lot of money

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    As smoltz says the same thing

Damn you smoltz

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Can we stuff Smoltz into a closet somewhere please

Look it's past his bedtime

y2jake215 wrote: »

You ALMOST wonder if the Red Sox wouldn't be doing themselves a solid to just give this one to LA at this point.

At this point I think they already cost themselves everything they can cost themselves

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.