As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    WHAT GAME IS THAT

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My favorite monster is the one that's waiting behind your shower curtain right now.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We hardly ever actually make the bed. So last night when I got in bed, I just pulled the comforter over me. Woke up hours later, perfectly tucked in with sheet, comforter, and an extra throw blanket that I never use. Nuka says she didn't do it. Sleepy me was just like fuck, I've shifted realities again.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    WHAT GAME IS THAT

http://www.ghostbustersworld.com

It just released officially this past Monday. It's Pokémon Go with Ghostbusters and monsters from the movies, games, comics, cartoons, and general folklore. Enjoy!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Same coworker with the cursed photo. Was in bed two nights ago and saw the legs of one of her kids run past, going downstairs. She gets up to check. They are all still asleep in their rooms.

I think she, or one of their kids, might have gotten a ghost attached to them. Maybe some kind of Domovoi? Are there Central American versions of those? My knowledge of paranormal types down south is vague.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Same coworker with the cursed photo. Was in bed two nights ago and saw the legs of one of her kids run past, going downstairs. She gets up to check. They are all still asleep in their rooms.

I think she, or one of their kids, might have gotten a ghost attached to them. Maybe some kind of Domovoi? Are there Central American versions of those? My knowledge of paranormal types down south is vague.

If it's a domovoi they'll be fine as long as they're respectful.

Might be Cipitio. He's known to be mischievous and tricky. Though he usually likes to make noise. If they find ashes from the fireplace spread around or start missing bananas it might be him. Also bare footprints leading away from the house might announce his arrival, and bare footprints leading to the house might mean he's left.
    He's usually fairly harmless though and will disappear when he chooses.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That site is old as hell
    I used it to look up haunted places in my college town ten years ago and I don't think it's been updated since

Did you go to those places?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    That site is old as hell
    I used it to look up haunted places in my college town ten years ago and I don't think it's been updated since

He did but they changed him. He used to be Colorful living person

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Might be Cipitio. He's known to be mischievous and tricky. Though he usually likes to make noise. If they find ashes from the fireplace spread around or start missing bananas it might be him. Also bare footprints leading away from the house might announce his arrival, and bare footprints leading to the house might mean he's left.

This is like Yokai Watch, but in America.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    That site is old as hell

I did. We saw nothing. The most disappointing one was the old swamp road where a ghostly horse drawn carriage was supposed to be seen, and would even race cars that drove down it

Me and my roommates revved the engine and screamed up and down that road for half an hour, yelling insults at a ghost and telling him to come out and race us, and we got nothing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Tempted to look up "cursed photos" on Google. Probably shouldn't.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

It'll be fine.

For a couple of weeks.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

This is like Yokai Watch, but in America.

Japan jumped on selling their mythology for money early and often.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

She was half asleep and dreamed it.
    Happens to me all the time

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Worth it.

dki5cd17y2la.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Where's your god now, Kirk Cameron?

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Yeah. Your brain will make you see and hear things when your half awake.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    it's ghosts

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Or maybe she was just more awake than the rest of us. Think about it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    last night before I went to bed, I changed into a fresh undershirt

I had a dream about bugs all over me. Long, thin beetles that I would grab and tear and crush but there were always more

I woke up and my torso was itching and burning and was covered in hives
    I'm allergic to my new detergent or something

Depressperado on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Honest Jedoc's Down Home Bookateria ended up on a couple of those websites, and so every Halloween we had to field phone calls from local journalists looking for haunted library stories. The problem is that our library wasn't built until 2002, and it was a storefront location from the late 80s until it was damaged in the 1999 tornado outbreaks. Before that, it was a bookmobile.

Like, I'm not above making some spooky stories up for you, but you got to give me some bullshitting space to work with. We've got libraries in town that have been continually operating in the same building for over a century, I'm sure plenty of people have died in or around them over the years. All we've got is a couple of birds who flew into the windows.

My library opened in 1939 and we're low key pretty sure it's haunted. I don't know that anything terrible has happened in it but I don't know that it hasn't!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    my town had a bad railroad accident just a mile from the town square

and at night you would hear a train but there is none nearby

• Options
    My hometown library was old and spooky. I wonder how far back it went.

• Options
    You would be amazed at how many tales there are in rural places.

• Options
    there's an underpass near me that's definitely haunted, but all the ghost does is break bottles when you're nearby

I think it's a teenager

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hey, if you haven't read or watched it yet, John Dies At the End is a pretty great spooky book or movie. It's streaming on Hulu or available at your local library.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hey, if you haven't read or watched it yet, John Dies At the End is a pretty great spooky book or movie. It's streaming on Hulu or available at your local library.

I read it's sequel, but I don't think I fully absorbed it.

I also got the third book. Haven't read it yet.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Cr09zzA.jpg

Below lies a non-euclidean puzzle box with some damn ass Latin written on it :bigfrown:

Bedlam on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular

The third book is definitely the weakest of the three, but it's got some good moments

• Options
    John Dies at the End
    I always found it creepy that the one guy get erased from existence, but his stuff was still left behind.

• Options
    I forgot this is coming out on the 30th.
    https://youtu.be/4hx75ZGiGZk

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I don't follow him on Twitter but @crwth just popped up on my timeline because demi adejuyigbe retweeted his halloween costume. was scrolling and was like wtf I recognize that dude. this, to me, was a halloween thrill

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I forgot this is coming out on the 30th.
    https://youtu.be/4hx75ZGiGZk

The people look like puppets in this game. It is not cutting edge.

I am not liking it that they call it a beta a month ahead of it's release.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    I don't follow him on Twitter but @crwth just popped up on my timeline because demi adejuyigbe retweeted his halloween costume. was scrolling and was like wtf I recognize that dude. this, to me, was a halloween thrill

hell yeah

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Call of Cthullu is $40 on PC and $60 on consoles.

Say what?

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Went to a Halloween party at a friend's house where the kids were way into Fortnite. Showed them how the old school kills a pinata.
    *Edit*
    VBxQ6kG.jpg

0dFRFWW.jpg

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That top picture looks like you're actually doing some sort of Fortnite dance to try to impress the kids. You have lost 7 points of Street Credibility.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I just want to say that I’m spooky, and all together kooky, it’s me, just me.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »

The third book is definitely the weakest of the three, but it's got some good moments

I'm a big fan of all three books, but the third suffers from the same problem as the others. He cannot write endings.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    boo