As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I can't help myself, so did tactics (dupe/11) and xiii: 2/11 - serah and snow bursts. Gives me a haste 30/30 in realm at least

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And Snow is a Last Stand, so I'm sure there's something he can do on occasion.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    "Full Throttle" draw:
    2/11: Pecil SSB, dupe Maria BSB

More like wet fart draw.

I was salty so I did the XV draw:
    3/11: dupe Iris BSB, 5* spear (some Aranea garbage), 6* sword (dupe or otherwise garbage stuff for Noctis)
    Actually turns out it was Ignis BSB and Ignis USB. I got emotional whiplash from "ugh, another wasted draw" turning into "two most-wanted items on the banner."

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Snow's Last Stand is on the BSB1. The Vessel knockoff is his BSB2.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Snow's Last Stand is on the BSB1. The Vessel knockoff is his BSB2.

I've got that one too!

• Options
    Alright. Dirt Snake farming went well I now have four Catastrophes and a second fully level-broken Dirt Snake to inherit onto Catastrophe.

Now I just need Way Too Many Arcana.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Pulled a few times on some realm draws... some were eh, and some were pretty damn solid! Pulled on IV, VII, IX, and XII, hoping for some good stuff.

IV: 1/11, one disco. Ceodore USB "Trinity Slash" (10x physical lightning/holy attacks to one target, enHoly, large DEF buff, medium ATK buff, small RES buff and temporarily attract enemy single-target physical and black magic attacks). I think this one looks pretty good- ten attacks is nothing to sneeze at, and the buffs ought to give him some good bets to survive until someone can start slapping heals on him.

VII: 2/11, two disco. Sephiroth AOSB "Setting Sun" (Twenty massive physical dark attacks, and one physical dark attack that can break the damage cap), Cid VII USB "Dynamite Boost" (Ten jump wind/nonelemental attacks to one target, enAero, moderate ATK boost, small DEF boost, temporarily remove the delay on jump attacks). Arcane breaks are nothing to sneeze at, but I don't know how good of a dragoon Cid VII makes. This might be more something I put out for people to use on a better dragoon, but the attack is pretty good.

IX: 1/11, no disco. Vivi Materia hat. Well, I had to get skunked some time.

XII: 1/11, no disco. Penelo USB "Dance of Rapture" (large heal, automatically heal another 2000 HP damage as it happens, and avoid one physical attack on every party member). This is pretty damn solid, and right in my main healer's wheelhouse.

For sixty mythril, I've done a hell of a lot worse.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i also caved and did 15. iris bsb, glad lmr, areana osb.

could have been worse, didn't have a medica in realm, and i have areana's bsb so that's reasonable tech, especially with prompto's usb in realm already.

not sure what else i would want to do. i guess maybe 1 and 2 if i can't swing those torments, and maybe 5 if i am feeling spicy for bartz aosb or chains.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Iris BSB is a super-good BSB that I don't use nearly as much as I thought I would, due to how incomparably good the instant healer USBs tend to be. But like, it's probably among the best healer BSBs; it's basically Asylum + Lifecrystal.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Iris BSB is a super-good BSB that I don't use nearly as much as I thought I would, due to how incomparably good the instant healer USBs tend to be. But like, it's probably among the best healer BSBs; it's basically Asylum + Lifecrystal.

The actual healing is does is smaller (h45 instead of h85?) so it ends up "feeling" less powerful.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular

Larsa’s BSB is by far my most used healer BSB these days, and Iris is basically the same thing but swapping entry heal for the bubble.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did a pull on XV. Got a dupe of Noctis USB.

I believe this is karma for my dailies.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Anyone around for Infernal Jumbo Flan tonight?

• Options
    I'm joining discord so if I'm on the computer I can give it a shot, but tbh I don't care THAT much :P

So looking into Gogo's burst - I presume this is primarily useful to be able to have (effectively) a second copy of Voltech or Chain Waterja, provided most people are using burst commands or the like so it doesn't automatically mimic those?

• Options
    Oh, goddamn it. The numbers I'd been tracking for my various abilities aren't accurate anymore because the pdf changed from including to not including aura boosts for burst abilities and such. Gonna take some effort to fix this.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    An afternoon of tinkering got me to 97% on Gerogero. If I use the motes it gave me to half-dive Edea and Fujin and full-dive Rinoa I could probably do it, although I expect not in under a minute.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I'm joining discord so if I'm on the computer I can give it a shot, but tbh I don't care THAT much :P

So looking into Gogo's burst - I presume this is primarily useful to be able to have (effectively) a second copy of Voltech or Chain Waterja, provided most people are using burst commands or the like so it doesn't automatically mimic those?

Or Lunar Leviathan or Ogopogo. But yeah, miming the best Water spell you have seems like the intended use.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I pulled in 5, 11, 13, 15, and 0. 11, 15, and 0 because I've got next to nothing there; 13 because most of my stuff there is dated; and 5 because 5 is awesome and chain hope springs eternal. In pull order:

0: 3/11 no disco: Rem burst, Cinque burst dupe, Nine LMR. Hey, I hear Rem burst is awesome, so there's that.
    15: 2/11 no disco: Ignis LMR, Iris LMR. Ehhhh. Better when I someday get their BSBs.
    11: 2/11 one disco: Aphmau USB, Ayame BSB. Now THAT's more like it. I've already got Aphmau SSB and Ayame OSB, nice fit.
    5: 5/11 one disco: Exdeath USB, Faris LMR dupe, Bartz BSB2 dupe, Gil BSB2, Lenna LMR dupe (whelp, it'll make an 8*). Party faithga Exdeath might be nice, but he's competing with Raines BSB and Kuja USB to go with Seifer CSB on a magic dark team. Might change if I get his LMR. And I REALLY want Greg to work out, I've now got BSB1&2 and USB1, but he just doesn't seem usable. :bigfrown:
    13: 3/11 one disco: Sazh USB, Sazh LMR, Nabaat LMR. Hey now! Sazh USB+LMR looks like a genuine Onion mUSB+LMR replacement against status hell bosses when using magic. Or a sub for Shelke when no chain is available and Edge isn't being used.

Pretty nice set. Great Support USB/LMR, still-good healing 30sec meta USB, and possibly usable dark faithga USB, plus some items that have great synergies to pull into later. I'll take that for 75 mythril.

• Options
    Took my gen2 dark +50% mag chain for a spin against the omniresist top of the crystal tower.

Even with the counter resetting that thing is hilarious. Raines BSB is back to being busted with it.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I have a new thread ready to go in the morning. Hopefully it's quiet over Saturday night to Sunday morning.

In other news, finally mastered Infernal Jumbo Flan solo after much frustration. Seriously, fuck that pile of jelly, fuck Infernal bosses that are impossible to find a group for and nearly impossible to do solo, and fuck DeNa for designing them to be unfun torture boxes, available for a limited time only.

Ended up running:
    Onion Knight Meltdown/Shellga (BSB, mUSB) DMT (LMR, W-cast Magic)
    Tyro Full Break/Enfeebling Jitterbug (Unique WALL) MM
    Nanaki Chain Stoneja/Wrath (CSB) +DMG (LMR)
    Rinoa Chain Stonega x2 (BUSB) +DMG (+MAG/hit, InitEnEarth)
    Ovelia Curada/Dispel (USB) TGM
    RW: Maria USB

First off, if I had to do it again, Nanaki would have Meltdown/Full Break, because he ended up with way too much meter after I settled on a working strategy that involved sandbagging phase 1 while Onion Knight rebuilt a SB bar with his BSB command 2. Tyro would also have Magic Breakdown instead of Full Break. Onion Knight would be carrying Chain Stoneja for the superior W-cast chance.

I'd probably also ditch +Earth armor for FFX synergy armor for the RES bonus, since setting up was dicey until I figured out a work around for Nanaki or Rinoa dying to the second AoE every time.

OK would BSB, Shellga, spam BSB C2 until he had another 500 SB points, then mUSB, call RW, spam Meltdown until empty, recast BSB, spam C2 until boss was dead (he actually got the killing blow).
    Tyro would Wall, alternate dances, refresh Wall when it was up.
    Nanaki would spam Wrath until OK was ready to mUSB, then Chain, call RW (wait a bit while OK finishes casting his RW), then spam Chain Stoneja. Refresh the Chain right before it falls off, resume Chain Stoneja (RW has worn off) until empty, then refresh Chain to be safe. I actually mistimed Dispel at the end and ate a reflected Chain Stoneja, but fortunately it hit Tyro, whose job was over at that point.
    Rinoa would Chain Stonega until she had 500 SB points, then cast her BUSB as soon as Nanaki was casting the first chain. Resume Chain Stonega spam, firing off her Brave command whenever it was full. Recast her BUSB when it's up, recharge Brave command, then fire it off.
    Ovelia would Curada OK, Rinoa, and herself, then Dispel (ideally right after Reflect goes up), then cast Curada (which probably would auto-target Nanaki). Hope one of the elements is one Rinoa resisted, then cast USB after Flan's second AoE. Once RES bonus was up, the boss's AoE was manageable. Spam Curada for SB meter, Dispel when necessary (have AI open as it's always scripted), recast her USB if Guts triggers AND you know someone can't survive the next AoE, since the boss attacks at predictable intervals.

With Wall, Shellga, +100% RES, and Full Break plus ATK/MAG -50%, the Infernal ultima could be survived by anyone at full health, but only just barely. Another layer of Magic Breakdown would've made it less scary.

Nanaki could've spammed Full Break and still built enough meter to Chain before OK was refilled via spamming BSB C2s, so Tyro could've brought Magic Breakdown for the third -MAG debuff. I was too cheap to back out of the fight and rejigger though.

OK should've had the 5 hit Stoneja just because of his slightly higher W-cast rate. When I started attempts I thought it might be Rinoa and Nanaki calling the RWs, but it didn't end up that way.

• Options
    Holy shit. I ran the 15-mythril FFIII draw tonight after getting more mythril. And wow. 4/11, 3 discos.

Cloud of Darkness LMR
    Luneth Arcane!
    Onion Sage Ultra!
    Onion Ninja Ultra!

God damn. That's probably the single most wild draw I've got in a long time.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Crystal tower down with very little problem. Top floor with the four fiends pretty much requires status break and astra (and having cloud USB+Omega drive helps). The other floors are basically “bring an imperil+element team and go crazy”, with the bonus that the bottom floor is already weak to fire.

And Enlong that pull is disgustingly good.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did the FF1 realm draw and got Matoya/Sarah USBs and Garland's OSB.

• Options
    Worst part of these realm draws: Inventory space.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Being the FFIV fanboy I am, I pulled on the Realm Draw and was greatly rewarded. 5/11, four discos:

Cecil's Materia (Dupe) and Ultra x2, Rydia's Ultra, and Palom's Ultra. Would've done without the dupes, but I'm not complaining!

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Which Cecil Ultra? Decil's Endless Darkness, Pecil's Sacred Cross, or Pecil's Paladin Wall?

Either way, pretty dang great.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    whats the consensus on the realm relic draw? do 1 pull on each?

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    whats the consensus on the realm relic draw? do 1 pull on each?

With few exceptions. XI is the most likely one to have mostly duds, depending on what you have in the realm, but if you don't have anything in the realm, then they wouldn't be duds! Also, new players it's probably worthwhile to toss an extra 50-draw on some of the primary realms with power items (VII, T, etc). Everything's contextual to what you have and what you need.

I'm planning on doing one on each, I think. I would have skipped XI if I didn't need a lightning chain, and it's one of the opportunities for one (I whiffed on all four chances, but oh well :P). I'm still kinda waffling on I and III because I have all three chains there/a LOT of the power items, but there's still some good items and I don't have a ton of synergy in I. But for now, I'm holding off on doing any more draws until I can do one and still have 50 mythril left over as a "just in case they drop something on us unexpectedly" piggy bank.

Also, finally made my decision on the "choose your relics" trio and went V. Four-element coverage on the OSB was the best option.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, the relic trio is gonna be a bit of a tricky one for me. I and T-0 are tempting for the healer relics, V is basically 4 OSBs in one, XIII gives me a nice physical lighting OSB... it's a tough pick. Most likely to be V, though. If it's sticking around forever, I'll probably just wait until I know I need something from it.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    FWIW, V is only 10x, normal ones without gimmicks are 12x, TGC/Noctis is 15x, Tyro is 9x.

It's elemental coverage, but it hits weaker than basically everyone but Tyro and Cloud's new one.

E: gem choice isn't sticking around. That one has, I think, a week?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Fair enough. But in the context of wanting stuff to break Rages, the versatility almost outweighs the lower power. Also, Bartz has a lot of extra attack power on my file. I'll need to think about it though; I'd really only need it for the Water element, since I can clear Zappy Bird, I have Locke's astounding OSB, and I do technically have Cloud's OSB, even if he's not exactly a stellar Wind character without his Ultras.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Pulled on I - 1/11, Garland LMR. Not exactly gonna get him a place on my dark team, but it's not completely useless. :?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    FWIW, V is only 10x, normal ones without gimmicks are 12x, TGC/Noctis is 15x, Tyro is 9x.

It's elemental coverage, but it hits weaker than basically everyone but Tyro and Cloud's new one.

E: gem choice isn't sticking around. That one has, I think, a week?

I don't see a date on it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Crystal tower seemed easier this time around.

• Options
    Finally all caught up on content with end dates after fest has ended. Now to farm weekly Magicite, and maybe play PS4 a bit.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Top floor of the Crystal Tower required a few restarts due to some bad luck with targeting, but on the winning run it was very smooth. Across three runs, I didn't receive any status hell except for a random Slowga from Lich. Non-elemental team does the job. Tiamat does rapid fire AOE spam, so you will want to have full HP when finishing off Kraken, and ideally either have an instant medica prepped or start casting a slow medica.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Which Cecil Ultra? Decil's Endless Darkness, Pecil's Sacred Cross, or Pecil's Paladin Wall?

Either way, pretty dang great.

PCecil. Forgot to mention that. Still awesome!

• Options
    Played around, found a MUCH more consistent sub-30 kraken run which is actually sub-20 at it's best.

Also, he counters ninja, which sucks.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I REALLY don’t want to bring Edge to Geo, but I’m wondering if I have a choice. That stone punch is raw bullshit.

• Options
    Got Famfrit! Which is good because I need a pile of copies for decks.

This discussion has been closed.