As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailorSeattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited February 2019 in Games and Technology
warframe_logo_by_jackshepardn7-d681vst.png
PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU ARE ON PC, PS4 or XBone WHEN ASKING FOR AN INVITE TO THE PA CLANS
I still need help with the console information so chime in if something needs to be fixed or added <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408
We've all fucked off to Discord! https://discord.gg/SUg4rx6

What is Warframe?
Warframe is a free to play, 3rd person co-op shooter, developed by Digital Extremes on the Evolution Engine and is available for PC, Xbox One, and the PS4. In Warframe you play as a member of the Tenno, a group of highly skilled space ninjas armed with everything from swords and guns to magic like powers. The Tenno run an assortment of missions throughout the solar system that range from simple extermination missions to having to capture high value targets. You can play all of the missions alone, with your buddies, or with completely random pickup groups and they can be approached however you want. Whether you want to try and sneak through with stealth weaponry or just start setting the entire place on fire with your flamethrower Warframe has something for everyone’s play style!
Warframe is also big on customization. Both your weapons and your frames can be altered to have different properties by using the mods that you get from running missions. Want your bow to melt targets via corrosive damage? Shoot exploding arrows? Just straight up launch targets across the room and pin them to the first wall they hit? Yup! You can do that! Also, you can customize how your frame works via a wide pallet of colours and attachments so welcome to your new Fashion Frame obsession.

Warframe had plans for cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC but due to Sony being kind of a shitboot about crossplay that's not going to happen. Also, due to the certification process needed for console patches the PC version of the game tends to be ahead in terms of version number.
TLDR: This is the game Destiny wishes it was.
ZUYcY0R.jpg
The quick start guide for space ninjas that just want to go slit some throats right fucking now.
A Youtuber named iFlynn put together an excellent beginner's guide series of videos that will take you step by step through the game. All the way from the introduction to being a well geared ass whooper obsessing over how best to make your frame look cool. I highly recommend giving it a watch! If you just want to jump into the action then here's the quick rundown. There's also DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook if you want something text based that will get you caught up on the game's systems and where to go and what to do.
1.) Get Warframe installed via the official downloader from the Warframe website, Steam, the PS Store, or via Xbox One.
1a.) For PS4 users: When you download Warframe you also download a patch automatically. After booting the title with the patch, then you download an update in-game (about 250MB) before you start to play.
1b.) PS Plus users can download a free Starter Pack (you can find this separately int PlayStation Store) which includes 100 Platinum, 50,000 credits, a few free Mods (Falcon Mod pack), and 3 day Affinity/Credit booster.
2.) Create an account
3.) After logging in with your minty fresh account you will play through a short tutorial and will need to select a starter frame. They break down as follows:
Excalibur – Excalibur is easily the best pick for new players. He's easy to start with and understand, takes but stays relevant throughout the entire game. Also his #4 power lets you throw energy blades around the level like a cracked out Master Sword wielding full health Link.
Volt - An electricity based frame that can be super fun once you've got some mods slapped in him. His #2 accelerates you to damn near warp drive speeds and he has a good array of powers, but he is a little squishy so he's a little harder to start with. He's easy to acquire as you go through the game but can be fun if you're looking for a more challening start.
Mag - She's alright and has some fun powers, but can be fiddly to play and is easily acquired later on as you go through the solar system making her kind of a bad starter choice. You're better off picking her up after you have some idea of how to mod your frames and have the mods to do it.
4.) For your melee weapon the Skana is recommended as you have to build it if you don't pick it while the MK1-Bo can just be straight up purchased for credits or acquired for free via a quest.
5.) For your secondary pick whatever looks the coolest to you. They're all pretty alright.
6.) Finally, for your primary the Paris and the Braton are both equally solid starters. The Paris has a bit of a charge up time before it can fire due to needing to draw the bow first, but pierces through enemies (and nails them to walls!) while the Braton is your standard assault rifle that gets the job done.
7.) Off you go to Mercury! Start clearing missions and having fun!
pTq3bRb.jpg
The Space Knights of Arcadia – The official Penny Arcade PC clan!
The Space Knights Prime Trading Doc! A great list of who has what in the clan available for trading.
Joining a clan in Warframe grants access to the clan dojo. This is a user built base that functions as a physical hangout complete with dick around rooms like an obstacle course to practice your ninja flips in, a dueling room, and much more pertinent facilities like the research labs. Of everything you can build in the dojo the research labs are the most important. They unlock a huge array of weapons and Sentinels that are unavailable through normal means and require a communal effort via resource donation to acquire the blueprints for new weapons and items.
The Space Knights of Arcadia already have the majority of research complete (mostly because the old regulars for this game are insane) so joining up will grant you instantaneous access to all of these features! Joining is as simple as letting us know what your in-game name is in the thread, what system you’re playing on, and one of the veterans will grant you access.

Queens of Space – The official Penny Arcade PS4 clan!
For an invite to the shiny new PS4 PA clan, PM @furlion with your PSN/Warframe name. QoS has its dojo up and running so get out there and start researching more dakka! Note: Clan invites must be manually accepted/denied (options button on the main screen).
EkK72Ve.jpg
The big list of shit this game doesn’t tell you about.
Ok, it’s not really all that bigHAHA JUST KIDDING. There's a fair amount of information this game doesn't tell you about and trying to explain it all would involve writing an entire wiki but thankfully one of those already exists and is going to be your best friend as you play. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki I'm going to try and keep this section succinct because there are a lot of systems in this game and you're better off learning them as you go instead of feeling overwhelmed from the start. Be sure to ask any questions you have in this thread or in game.
Damage 2.0: Everything you need to know about how dealing damage works in Warframe. There's a lot of nice to know but not need to know info here so just skim it for the important bits. Namely, what the status procs do, how the status mods interact, and how crits work. Ignore the chart for what element does the most to each enemy type because it's honestly irrelevant, you'll figure out the damage meta later on and it's way more simple than it looks. It's just not anything you need to concern yourself with when starting out.
Parkour 2.0: How to do all the cool flips, dodges, and general flying around you can do in Warframe.
Mods: How mods in Warframe work.
The Plains of Eidolon: Once you start messing around in the Plains of Eidolon, PC Gamer has a pretty decent guide as to wtf is going on there.
Eidolon Hunting Guide: And once you decide to start hunting Eidolons, a Redditor put together a pretty handy guide to help new players figure that out.
Grouping: Grouping itself is pretty straight forward but what's not mentioned about it is that you can invite someone to your session and they will be able to run missions you have unlocked but they don't. After the mission is completed that player will then have that mission unlocked and will then be able to start doing all the surrounding missions.
Archwing: Archwing is a game mode that lets you strap a jetpack to your ass and fly around in space blowing shit up and is accessible later on in the game via a quest.Here's a handy guide Darmak found on Reddit with a shitload of information for those of you that want to know more! TOGSOLID'S SUPER IMPORTANT PROTIP: Go to your options and turn Experimental Flight on. Don't argue. Just do it. It's SO much better and for some reason isn't the default movement option. Without it you're gonna end up bouncing off terrain like a pinball.

Blain put together a list of what major things were added and changed as of 2017, which is awesome and also really helpful if anyone is a returning player and wants to know some of what's changed since they last played.
89a.jpg
Links to great Youtube channels and resources
DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook: A massive text guide to Warframe that functions like a massive manual and has a quick start guide that functions like the text version of a video new player's guide. An absolute must bookmark resource.
Warframe Hub: If it's on a timer then this website tracks it for you and tells you when it's going to expire. Alerts, day/night cycles, cold/warm cycles, etc. This is a really awesome one stop shop for tracking everything going on in game while you're playing.
iFlynn: A dedicated Warframe channel with tons of useful guides, gear/frame reviews, and build videos. One of the best resources around for straight information about the game.
LeyzarGamingViews: An absolute gold mine for build guides geared towards new players. Leyzar breaks down the builds and explains why he picks every single mod and explains things at a beginner's level so you can learn the ins and outs of modding in Warframe.
Tactical Potato: Another dedicated, excellent Warframe channel. Guides, build videos, all that fun stuff starring an entertaining Irish bloke. He tends to focus more on day to day updates and discussions on what's going on in the game.
Brozime: A Warframe channel specifically focused on weapon and frame reviews and builds.
StallordD: This channel is dedicated to compiling the lore in Warframe into a single source. This is an absolutely fantastic resource for players both new, who need to catch up on everything, and veteran, who may need a refresher from time to time.
Joey Flynn: Discussions about random Warframe topics. Hosts the Weekly Warframe Show. A well produced Warframe variety show with news, tips, skits, weapon discussions and just all sorts of stuff.
Cephalon Shy: Bite sized, hilarious videos starring a sociopathic robot artist who hates everyone and everything. You won't learn anything here. I just really like this channel.
The Official Warframe Channel: Community interaction is part of what helped make Warframe what it is today. This channel features archives of all their dev streams where they discuss upcoming features, things being looked at, bug fixes, and so on and Prime Time. A show where DE_Rebecca and DE_Megan goof off and give out freebies to the audience.
The Official Warframe Twitch Channel: Where DE hosts their weekly Prime Time shows and Devstreams. Watching them live gives you a chance to win freebies like Plat and items!
My Warframe Music Playlist: I've been slowly putting together a playlist of songs about Warframe on my Youtube channel. If you want some fun stuff to listen to while playing this is for you!
The Official Warframe Soundcloud: Digital Extremes runs occasional music contests called Tenno Tunes. The best of their submissions get uploaded into official Tenno Tunes playlists on the DE soundcloud! Also contains some random audio clips, including Ordis speaking German and talking about Oktoberfest for some reason.
Relic Explorer for Warframe: Want to know what relics have what and where to go farm them? This website is an amazingly handy tool for finding all of that out.
A User Created Map of Fortuna's Fishing and Mining: Created by Redditor u/Pekeponzer, this map has every cave marked and whether they contain good mining and fishing spots inside.
A User Created Map of Where to Get Toroids: Created by Redditor u/Linkapedia. It's pretty much what it says on the tin.
warframe.jpg
Is there a way to track alerts out of game?
Yes there is! Internet denizen King Taro put together a website based alert tracker: http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ This tracker will play a sound whenever a new alert goes up and it has the option to filter cash alerts out entirely. There is also a Twitter account, Android app, and Apple app. Warframe Nexus is pretty damn slick but don't log into it while you're logged into the game because Warframe will think you're logging in from a different device and log you out of the game.

Wait, where’s the technical support section!?
We've never really needed one tbh. It sounds like the PS4 version might have some peculiarities to it but that is way out of the realm of things I know anything about. As mentioned at the start of this I will need help getting something for the PS4 players together if needed. As far as the PC side of things go this game is actually really damn stable thanks to Digital Extreme’s using their own proprietary engine. Any oddities you run into are 99.999999999% of the time due to a bug we can’t do anything about on the client side of things but DE is very fast about fixing those. If you are having technical issues do not hesitate to ask for help in the thread and if they ever do come up I will be sure to start listing them here and create a proper tech help section. Be sure to submit a ticket at https://support.warframe.com if you are having issues.

What is the Design Council?
For a long time Warframe was offering starter packs. The Master and Grand Master packs, however, came with access to what is known as the Design Council. This group of players act essentially as a player based focus group for Digital Extremes to bounce upcoming features off of via the hidden Design Council sub forum. For instance, Valkyr was originally presented to us as the Berserker with a very different power list than what she has now. The original concept art they showed us for her also had her a fair bit lither than what she is now. What originally started out as a request from the devs for a third power idea for her ended up as a 60 page discussion about how all four of her powers weren’t very good and how they could be improved. The result is the Valkyr we have now which is proving to be a ton of fun. Occasionally the devs will also give the Council a chance to design a frame or Sentinel that will then get put into the game (Nova and Carrier both came from these sort of sessions). The Design Council also has a dedicated in game chat room but it’s not all that different from the standard global chat though it does tend to be a fair bit more sane due to the aforementioned requirement of having purchased either the Master or Grandmaster packs so everyone there is usually on the “adults with lives” side of the demographic.

The devs do read the regular forums and interact with the community there (they even hang out in the game’s global chat regularly) so don’t think your opinion doesn’t matter just because you aren’t in the Council! Warframe is a very community oriented game and the level of attention everyone gets from DE is one of the things that makes this game as great as it is.
0minq8b.jpg

wWuzwvJ.png
TOGSolid on

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Praise the glory of GRAKATA!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I've had about 10 filled Ayatan sculptures in the cockpit of my landing craft for a long time now, since I didn't have primed mods so I was set on Endo. Now that I've got a few mods I want to max out I'm selling them off, and it feels like pawning my household possessions haha. 35,000 endo is good though :D

fake edit: oh wow that and 2 million credits went so fast

actual edit: After a few runs in Index enjoying the powah of my Opticor (got a double kill on full health targets in High Index with one shot, felt great) I went to upgrade it and realized I'd left off Serration after max'ing it out. This gun is amazing (up to 4 forma now)

Red Raevyn on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I've had about 10 filled Ayatan sculptures in the cockpit of my landing craft for a long time now, since I didn't have primed mods so I was set on Endo. Now that I've got a few mods I want to max out I'm selling them off, and it feels like pawning my household possessions haha. 35,000 endo is good though :D

fake edit: oh wow that and 2 million credits went so fast

I'm up to like 800,000 credits right now mostly by virtue of having ceased to build things to level once I finally hit MR14 on Sunday. It's going to vanish as soon as I start leveling things or pay off Suda for more fancy mods.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    My main bottleneck at this point is Orokin cells. What are the best methods for building up a stockpile so I can keep producing weapons?

steam_sig.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    If one were picking between Rhino Prime or Hydroid Prime to potato and already had Oberon Prime, Inaros, and Mirage Prime, what would you all suggest? I'm leaning towards Hydroid and turning him into a dedicated farmer with Pilfering Swarm.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Do you want to be stronk or do you want to be a pirate?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    My main bottleneck at this point is Orokin cells. What are the best methods for building up a stockpile so I can keep producing weapons?

Build everything that requires o-cells and then your stockpile will grow.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    If one were picking between Rhino Prime or Hydroid Prime to potato and already had Oberon Prime, Inaros, and Mirage Prime, what would you all suggest? I'm leaning towards Hydroid and turning him into a dedicated farmer with Pilfering Swarm.

What content are you doing? Hydroid with the augment is obviously better for farming but Rhino is a better generalist frame. While keeping himself alive is his big claim to fame his damage buff and CC can be very useful in harder content. In last night's sortie on the Interception with the modifier for heavily shielded enemies there was a Rhino mostly just running around points and using stomp with a lot of +duration to keep enemies CC'd so most of them stayed unable to retake points or kill us while we didn't need to bother trying to break through their massive amount of shields (I still did because 100% status Tigris Prime just doesn't care much about shields).

Hydroid is better at locking an area down though Oberon can also so that to a degree.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    edited October 2018
    Turambar wrote: »
    Do you want to be stronk or do you want to be a pirate?

Spess mummeh is sufficiently stronk for me most of the time, though I understand that hitting like a truck while nigh-invulnerable is different from sucking the life out of guys with fisticuffs while nigh-invulnerable. There might be a case for Rhino I'm not seeing, though; my enthusiasm for Rhino has always been kind of low.

Pirates meanwhile are pretty cool and the Kraken is lazy mode, and I always appreciate lazy mode.

What content are you doing? Hydroid with the augment is obviously better for farming but Rhino is a better generalist frame. While keeping himself alive is his big claim to fame his damage buff and CC can be very useful in harder content. In last night's sortie on the Interception with the modifier for heavily shielded enemies there was a Rhino mostly just running around points and using stomp with a lot of +duration to keep enemies CC'd so most of them stayed unable to retake points or kill us while we didn't need to bother trying to break through their massive amount of shields (I still did because 100% status Tigris Prime just doesn't care much about shields).

Hydroid is better at locking an area down though Oberon can also so that to a degree.

E: Looks like we crossed paths while posting. I'd like to move in to the more-difficult stuff like the Annex and middle-term, Arbitrations, but honestly it's as much a question of "what would be fun / what are they good at," as anything. Good comparison, though.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Darmak wrote: »

Build everything that requires o-cells and then your stockpile will grow.

??

I have a shortage of cells, I cannot build anything, I want more cells, where do I most efficiently farm them?

steam_sig.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I think I did random Saturn survival back in the day to farm cells.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018

Get yourself a Nekros, or hang out with a Nekros pal, and sit in an endless on Ceres or Saturn. Having a Hentai Hydroid in the party helps a lot too because Pilfering Swarm and Desecrate stack. I'm finally tapped out on Orokin Cells also so when I wrap up my DMC franchise playthrough and get back to Warframing I'll be doing these runs fairly regularly to rebuild my stockpile and will be advertising them in chat. I've got both Hydroid Prime and Nekros Prime so I'm pretty flexible on the group formations.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The top two O-Cell Farms are Draco on Ceres and... whichever node is Dark Sector Infested Survival on Saturn.

You can usually hop into a random group in either location and get paired with a Farm Squad of Nekros/Hydroid/X.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to pony up the platinum to trade for Hydroid and Nekros Prime parts soonish. Hydroid looks like a blast but I don't have relics to boost with void traces for parts, and Nekros is vaulted.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Skeith wrote: »
    I think I'm going to pony up the platinum to trade for Hydroid and Nekros Prime parts soonish. Hydroid looks like a blast but I don't have relics to boost with void traces for parts, and Nekros is vaulted.

I got the Hydroid parts I still needed for pretty cheap after already having the frame BP and the most common part BP. He's not in high demand and still in rotation which makes prices a lot lower.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    E: Looks like we crossed paths while posting. I'd like to move in to the more-difficult stuff like the Annex and middle-term, Arbitrations, but honestly it's as much a question of "what would be fun / what are they good at," as anything. Good comparison, though.
    You mean Index? (credit farming spot on Uranus) I don't have Hydroid yet but I can sing Rhino's praises - if you like easy I think he's tops. His Iron Skin makes all kinds of things in general easy, then also trivializes a number of otherwise difficult things. I've got a host of potatoed frames I love (Ash, Frost, Gara, Ivara, Nekros, Oberon, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr, Wukong, Zephyr) but I still keep my first loadout slot named "Rhino Ain't Foolin" because if I'm not sure what gimmick I wanna use, I know Rhino will do the job. At the very least I'll be alive and using my weapon, and I may also be bringing a good damage boost or some CC. I like being able to do what I want while Iron Skin deals with the enemies.

You mean Index? (credit farming spot on Uranus) I don't have Hydroid yet but I can sing Rhino's praises - if you like easy I think he's tops. His Iron Skin makes all kinds of things in general easy, then also trivializes a number of otherwise difficult things. I've got a host of potatoed frames I love (Ash, Frost, Gara, Ivara, Nekros, Oberon, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr, Wukong, Zephyr) but I still keep my first loadout slot named "Rhino Ain't Foolin" because if I'm not sure what gimmick I wanna use, I know Rhino will do the job. At the very least I'll be alive and using my weapon, and I may also be bringing a good damage boost or some CC. I like being able to do what I want while Iron Skin deals with the enemies.

I did, yeah.

Honestly, though, now that I have Negation Swarm the functionality overlap between Inaros and Rhino is pretty substantial. Roar would be nice to have though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Confirm that Rhino and Inaros are my go-to "not effing around" frames. The latter is especially handy on Nightmares cause he's got no shields to lose.

I did, yeah.

Honestly, though, now that I have Negation Swarm the functionality overlap between Inaros and Rhino is pretty substantial. Roar would be nice to have though.

Rhino, Inaros, and Hydroid are all great frames. I do view Inaros as less of a team player than Rhino though. It takes longer to set up Inaros's defenses than Rhino's who can just take advantage of any Energizing Dash someone uses and then uses extra energy to buff the team. Pocket sand is great CC and cheaper than stomp though with less range.

You really don't have a wrong choice here, just one of priority until the next potato alert happens.

Steam Profile
    I used Rhino until the Nezha rework, then never looked back. Yeah, you lose the group damage buff but you gain so much speeeeeed.

steam_sig.png
    I used Rhino until the Nezha rework, then never looked back. Yeah, you lose the group damage buff but you gain so much speeeeeed.

I'd potato a Nezha Prime in a heartbeat if we had one. I'd gladly trade the damage buff out for Nezha making it rain health orbs for the many groups where there is no healing frame around.

Steam Profile
    I really gotta do the Inaros quest I bought last Baro visit!

I really gotta do the Inaros quest I bought last Baro visit!

Bring Saryn or something else with heavy damage for the later return-thing-to-temple stages.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    and don't forget scanners for your chance at kavat dna.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Ah, see, I've been playing long enough to have a Fast Rhino.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

They changed that so they no longer give DNA scans.

Rhino is a great choice for a lot of content but my go to frame is Nova prime. Molecular prime for a massive cc and 200% damage boost and antimatter drop for a smallish 200k damage bubble. I still need over extended to complete her full set of uses but she is so nice to have.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Rhino is a great choice for a lot of content but my go to frame is Nova prime. Molecular prime for a massive cc and 200% damage boost and antimatter drop for a smallish 200k damage bubble. I still need over extended to complete her full set of uses but she is so nice to have.

Oh, the Inaros quests ones don't give DNA anymore... boo.

Glad I got that quest done before that change then, my Helios picked me up like 6 DNA.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited October 2018

If it wasn't such a pain to run through that tileset I'd have regular Nova at least. My most-wanted pairing for next unvault is Mag/Nova.

Edit: And of course I do a run right after this and get the last blueprint.

Polaritie on
    Finally broke down and farmed up the DNA for a kavat. Took maybe 15 runs. Will have one in about 20 hours. I also bought the last two parts I need for Hydroid prime. Might go ahead and buy the last two for Zephyr as well. Always so many things to do. Still need to get khora, Harrow, Nidus and revenant to finish up having every frame.

Hmm, coming up on more syndicate weapon buys.
    Sancti Tigris or Magistar? Secura Lecta or Dual Cestra?
    Leaning Magistar because I already have Tigris Prime, but no idea on the latter.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Hmm, coming up on more syndicate weapon buys.
    Sancti Tigris or Magistar? Secura Lecta or Dual Cestra?
    Leaning Magistar because I already have Tigris Prime, but no idea on the latter.

If you have the prime then the Sancti Tigris is not going to impress, aside from the fact that aoe will melt low level enemies. I was unimpressed with the magistar but I think I just dislike that category of weapon in general. Can't speak to the secura stuff.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I have an extra Rakta Cernos if anyone needs it on PC.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Secura Dual Cestra are a Dual Cestra.
    This means they are bad.

The Secura Lecta is nicknamed "The Money Whip" for self-evident reasons. It's decent.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    So basically any of them are just going to be for collectings sake?

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Secura Dual Cestra are good. With lethal torrent the spin up is basically unnoticeable, and they've got good numbers.

cB557 on

Well unless you happen to take a liking to one of them. Definitely the Tigris will be Mr fodder though.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

If it wasn't such a pain to run through that tileset I'd have regular Nova at least. My most-wanted pairing for next unvault is Mag/Nova.

The Suck and Blow pack?

The Secura Lecta is a very nice melee weapon.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Secura Dual Cestra are good. With lethal torrent the spin up is basically unnoticeable, and they've got good numbers.

Even though I literally just mastery fodder'd this a week ago, and it felt bad every moment I was using it (recoil, spread, and muzzle climb are all still terrible), I had to verify this; I keep forgetting about the global weapon rework from earlier in the year, and how some things quietly got really good.

It turns out, okay, yeah, the SDC are pretty good on the numbers. The tier guide I tend to reference most puts it near the top of its Contender rankings, with only the Aksomati, Twin Kohmak, and Stubba (for Auto guns) at comparable-or-lower MR and a higher ranking.

So, like, if you're looking for a paired auto pistols at MR 10, it's decent. Fair point.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Man, I really love the Twin Kohmak. 800 blast damage with 100% status in big globs with huge aoe at a fast rate? heck yeah

If I had a multishot clip size and reload speed riven I would be in heaven

• DacDac Registered User regular
    I use dual kohmaks on Nekros because they have a tendency to make the enemy separate into several pieces, limbs popping off like confetti.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow