As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Australiana, Part Three

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Australiana, Part Three

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I love PA being on Australian time. It means I usually don't have to wait for the west coast time zone to sync up with the real world. It's a treat to just wake up in the morning and there's a strip AND newspost already there.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    That’s a pretty tall order Nordberg, you’re gonna have to give me a couple of days.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Tim Tam Slammer?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Different strokes and all that, but personally I find that the existence of the heroin ruins the joke. It would have been funnier (to me) if it really was just a bag of candy.

The idea of a big scary burly man delivering a bag of candy is hilarious (to me).

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Different strokes and all that, but personally I find that the existence of the heroin ruins the joke. It would have been funnier (to me) if it really was just a bag of candy.

The idea of a big scary burly man delivering a bag of candy is hilarious (to me).

The double swerve definitely improves it for me.

Just the candy is the obvious the joke. You expect it to be something silly after the set-up. That's as cliche as this joke could get at this point. Swerving back to the real thing you need to smuggle? Yea that's a much better punchline to me.

• Options
    buggybuggersbuggybuggers Registered User regular
    It would have been funnier if he had been smuggling Kinder Surprise eggs, since those are illegal in the USA. I guess children over there are too stupid not to eat toys.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    It would have been funnier if he had been smuggling Kinder Surprise eggs, since those are illegal in the USA. I guess children over there are too stupid not to eat toys.

Every country has dumb laws. No reason to go calling children of all people stupid.

• Options
    vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I always just assumed Tim Tams and heroin were the same thing. Also, did Gabe get his goods??? Guess we'll find out in the next strip...

vanner11 on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    See Gabe! I fuckin’ told you he’d look.

I told you bro!

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I would have flipped the heroin and TimTams, so anyone just looking in the bag would see the heroin first.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

We actually have Kinder eggs now, they showed up last year.

I have a co-worker who collects the toys, and I leave the country often enough that I would usually smuggle a couple back for them from any trip. I kinda miss that now. It was my own tiny rebellion against The Man.

• Options
    PaleobotanyPaleobotany Registered User new member
    I guess this would be funnier if Tim Tams haven't been available in the US and Canada for almost ten years now.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I guess this would be funnier if Tim Tams haven't been available in the US and Canada for almost ten years now.

And heroin for even longer!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    what if the candy bars were under the herion?

edit: I see Michael and I are on the same page.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Kinder Surprise scars children with materialism.