As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Krathoon on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to share a spooky picture, but understand that it is not for the weak of stomach or heart and please self regulate and do not click if you do not have the strength for it.
    Are you sure you want to click?
    jMCc5CB.png

I'm sorry, even for the spooky thread that was probably too far.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    O: THE ZODIAC KILLER

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I had a spooky night terror/sleep paralysis last night that took unusually long to break out of. I could hear Nuka telling me to wake up and feel her shaking me and I still couldn't break out of it.

Weaver wrote: »
    I had a spooky night terror/sleep paralysis last night that took unusually long to break out of. I could hear Nuka telling me to wake up and feel her shaking me and I still couldn't break out of it.

Good thing you have someone to wake you up.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    O: THE ZODIAC KILLER

Well if Texas still has to (probably) live under this nightmare, I thought it was only fair for me to share the spooks with the rest of you.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    edited October 2018
    The Gate

That was a spooky movie.

So was Prince of Darkness.

Krathoon on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "Ted Cruz looks like he would run a toy store in a Twilight Zone episode about a toy store that lures in children with promises of cool gifts and then turns the children into toys, forever," I said.

Donald said, "He looks like he could be Pee-wee Herman's long-lost brother who grew up shitty because he ended up with a lot of money, but still dresses weird and doesn't know how to interact with real humans because he has that weird social brokenness common to all men in the Herman family."

"Ted Cruz looks like he would try to shut down the Ghostbusters."

"Have you ever Googled 'Young Ted Cruz'? It's just a bunch of pictures of whatever is in between tadpole and adult frog in the life-cycle of a frog."

"I Googled 'Ted Cruz Shirtless' and the FBI showed up and arrested my computer for 'sex hate.'"

"The doctor who delivered Ted Cruz is a friend of mine, a good friend, and he said when they did the ultrasound to find out what the sex was when Ted was still in the womb, the only thing they could come up with was 'wrong.'"

"One time while he was asleep I dropped a pebble onto his dewlap, that neck-fat area of his, and I watched the skin just ripple and ripple and ripple."

"That sounds very zen-like."

"It was; I got a lot of thinking done, achieved inner peace."

"Ted Cruz once told me he was so mad all the time because his penis is 'an innie.' I begged him not to show me, but ..."

"Sure. Watch the next time Ted Cruz's two little girls are on camera; no matter what they're saying, their eyes are blinking. 'We're not his' in Morse Code, over and over again."

"You know how there was always that one kid in class who would remind the teacher that she forgot to give out homework?"

"Yeah."

"Well Ted Cruz looks like a piece of shit."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My GOD.
    luDhtEY.png
    We have to cross the streams.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I think I would prefer having every molecule in my body explode at the speed of light yes.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    The Insidious movies are spooky.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    The Insidious movies are spooky.

you don't have to do this, you know

just name things related to the thread to keep it rolling

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I was out walking my dog this morning its like 4:30 am in betwixt my curseing and shivers I hear a marching Band warming up.

There is a school on top of the hill so thats a normal thing.

Then I'm like wait its 4:30. Nobody is there.
    And its getting louder
    And closer
    And then my dog pooped and we bolted into the house because fuck that shit.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I keep getting spooked in the woods at night in Kingdom Come. I know there's no monsters or scary stuff in the game, but then... You never know what kinda Easter eggs those crazy continentals will put in their games.

It's funny how a game with no horror content really can invoke that same feeling just because you're alone at night somewhere, maybe in the woods or out on the road.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    So I was out walking my dog this morning its like 4:30 am in betwixt my curseing and shivers I hear a marching Band warming up.

And its getting louder
    And closer
    But King Riptor

you haven't had a dog for ten years!

Breaking news: Bram Stoker was the sort of asshole who wrote in library books.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Delduwath wrote: »

And its getting louder
    And closer
    But King Riptor

you haven't had a dog for ten years!

Listen a ghost dog would delight me on so many levels

No, a ghost dog would still be a dog. I am suggesting that you haven't had one at all, undead or otherwise.

No, a ghost dog would still be a dog. I am suggesting that you haven't had one at all, undead or otherwise.

But . . . I havent posted about a dog in ten years

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I did get "A Haunting" dvd that has an episode about a haunted house in the town I live in.

Oh here's a real horror story.

I went to circle K for a pop and saw a dude wearing a jean version of a Confederate jacket and hat complete with little racist incorrect Confederate flag patches and Im sure worse but I was thankfully to far away to make out.

Right after the shooting that happened no less than 20 miles away he was comfortably wearing that shit. It was disturbing and vile.
    Im still kinda freaked out.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    94835780_1300x1733.jpg

Fuckin golly that image is big.

Pinfeldorf on
    It is Halloween. Wheeeeee!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Everyone get mad at this AV Club list of the 35 best horror games of all time that has Eternal Darkness at #33 and at #32 the broken now-unplayable Friday the 13th game from last year

6F32U1X.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What broke

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What broke

The devs ability to give a shit

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Game still works, so I wouldn't call it broken.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What broke

The license.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited October 2018
    They worked so hard on that game.

Krathoon on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my mom's in the hospital, not for anything important, she had a procedure and got a little infection or something afterwards

but I saw/heard an old man code as I was walking past his room and I stayed, at a discreet distance, to maybe see if I could see Death slipping in, but the dang doctor gave me such a look and closed the door on me

to be fair, it was a very creepy thing I was doing

Someone needs to find a spooky shed.

s17sdwqzvl5b.png

Done.

Next challenge.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited November 2018
    my mom's in the hospital, not for anything important, she had a procedure and got a little infection or something afterwards

but I saw/heard an old man code as I was walking past his room and I stayed, at a discreet distance, to maybe see if I could see Death slipping in, but the dang doctor gave me such a look and closed the door on me

My brother saw a dog die once and going on how he described it Im pretty sure he lost something very important. Frankly you dodged a bullet

King Riptor on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to knock some stuff off of my emotional bucket list so the Lament Configuration will finally find its way to me

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular

My brother saw a dog die once and going on how he described it Im pretty sure he lost something very important. Frankly you dodged a bullet

I was restocking at a hospital I worked at. ICU. There was a dude that had been in a horrific car crash. Comatose for a week.

Well I was walking past his door and I noticed movement. Looked over and he had his eyes locked on me and gave a little twitchy wave.

So I'm thinking, shit yeah man. You got this! Good job waking up and whatnot. So I have him a big encouraging smile and the ol double finger guns.

And he died.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You shot a man dead with finger guns?

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Apparently!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You shot a man dead with finger guns?

mnnc0j4h3250.jpg

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky