As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ördael: The Night Plague

Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
edited October 2018 in Critical Failures
Ördael

b3vco8w2e3q6.gif

What is this?
A gothic horror adventure for 3 to 5 people. Think Van Helsing, the videogame Bloodborne and Dark Souls, any number of novels, from Bram Stoker’s Dracula to Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.

In essence: Humanity was too late to muster a united front against the creatures of the night. Now it is up to you to venture beyond the walls of your home to put an end to this evil before mankind is no more. You must go to the Crimson Citadel. You must kill Zuevollos.

What system are we using?
A wafer thin one, to be perfectly honest, to speed up proceedings as much as we can. It’s called World of Dungeons. It’ll take you a few minutes to make a character for the game, and from there I’ll simply have you roll 2d6 + a relevant stat to determine the outcome. You can attempt anything, for when there are no hard rules for what you can do, as long as it’s fair to the fiction (like you can’t sprout wings), you can try to do it. In this sense you likely have more “moves” and abilities than a character from a more complex system. Watch an episode of Netflix’s Castlevania for an idea how you can traverse and attack—you’re tougher than a regular joe, to be sure.

World of Dungeons:
What is reality, man?
Woah. Good question, me, who is writing this. Throughout the game I’ll be asking you questions, and your answers will become fact, canon, something that immediately exists somewhere in the world. You’ll have the chance to create your own horrors, your own locations, your own historical facts, and so on.

Are there post requirements?
I’d like you to. Once a day would be nice, more if you’re in the mood. I’m going to try to keep things quick on my end, as I plan to include you all in my posts, meaning you can respond in any order most of the time. You’ll see as we begin play. Other than that nothing special is needed, posts can be long or very short as you wish.

Endless_Serpents on

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Our flame flickers in the howling dark.
    The Night Plague grasps at this world with a relentless hunger.

These walls are failing. The great bells are failing. Soon we’ll have no army left to defend that which remains.

You alone must venture into the heart of horror itself and cut out the malicious will that summons these evils upon us.

Ördael then, to the east, beyond the mountains, within the Crimson Citadel—The architect of our despair, Zuevollos, the Smiling Devil, the Sovereign Triumphant.

You must do what none have dared, for I fear soon we will be nought but ash… remembered perhaps only... by the Heavens…

I will pray for you, go now, by dawn’s light… Godspeed...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCV96w7Khf8

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The Cast
    Jacyth, Witch — @Albino Bunny
    Sir Emory & Argyle, Ratcatchers — @Glazius
    Bennu the Wanderer, Cleric — @Kirindal
    Ephraim, Exorcist — @Auralynx
    Solvan Sant, Hunter — @Matev
    Corvus, Knight — @SuperRuper

Things of Note
    A flying creature escaped your blades.

Fallen Heroes
    Brother Aquila, Monk

History

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Okay, said I'd take part so:

Jacyth Smithson:

STR: 0 DEX: 1 CON: 2 INT: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

Skills: Lore, Heal

Abilities: Tinker, Ritual

Hit Dice: 3

HP: 5

XP: 120

Magic: Sanctuary (Ritual), Deconstruct (Ritual)

Equipment: Pistol (d6), Ritual Supplies x 1, tent, caltrops, bandages, travel rations x 3, lockpicks, 3 silver, Gilded Music Box, Ivollung’s Wand — An ivory wand used by heretic practitioners — Can hold a ritual inside it, to be cast later as a potent spell.

Custom Class: Witch, student of old secrets and practical application of technology and magical theory

Class skill: Lore,

Class Abilities: Volley, Tinker, Ritual, Bless

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    Welcome Jacyth, the long march to the Crimson Citadel awaits you. Faulter not lest your world come to an untimely end.

Add these to your equipment:
    Anguish Candle — A black candle in effigy of a woman. — Remove a condition. (1 use)
    Gilded Music-box — Charming remnant of better times. — Plays a twinkling melody.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Geth, roll 6#2d6 for stats down the line.

Geth, roll 4#1d6 for possible hit dice left to right.

"Argyle" (The Ratcatcher)

Str +1 Dex +1 Con +0 Int +2 Wis +0 Cha +0

Hit dice: 1 (HP: 1)

Skills: Awareness, Survival

Abilities: Pet ("Sir Emory", a battle-scarred little terrier), Wild

Equipment: Handaxe (1d6), light armor, hatchet and animal trap, flint and steel, 4x torches, bandages, rations, wineskin

Class: Ranger

Ahaha, glorious. Okay, planning my next character...

stats:
    6#2d6 6 # 9 [2d6=5, 4] 7 [2d6=4, 3] 5 [2d6=4, 1] 10 [2d6=6, 4] 5 [2d6=2, 3] 3 [2d6=2, 1]
    possible hit dice left to right:
    4#1d6 4 # 1 [1d6=1] 3 [1d6=3] 5 [1d6=5] 2 [1d6=2]

Glazius on
  • Options
    Welcome Sir Emory & Argyle, the long march to the Crimson Citadel awaits you. Faulter not lest your world come to an untimely end.

Blood Lantern — A foul, but ingenious contraption. — Lose 1 HP to shed an eerie blue light that reveals secrets.
    Owl Amulet — Symbol of nobility from a fallen kingdom. — A fine memento, surely nothing more.

• Options
    I can't believe Argyle's already dead. :rotate:

And yeah, having CON 0 seems like a death sentence at level 1 in this system. Though certainly fitting for gothic horror/action.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Geth, roll 6#2d6 for Stats down the line as.

Geth, roll 4#1d6 for HP going from left to right.

Bennu the Wanderer

STR: 0, DEX: 0: CON: 0, INT: 0, WIS: +1, CHA: +1

Hit Dice / HP: 1 / 2

Skills: Decipher, Heal

Abilities: Bless, Vision

Equipment: Small sword (d6), bandages, flint & steel, hatchet, vial of holy water x3, travel rations x3, waterskin

Class: Cleric

Hmm, not too bad.

Stats:
    6#2d6 6 # 3 [2d6=1, 2] 5 [2d6=1, 4] 6 [2d6=2, 4] 4 [2d6=2, 2] 7 [2d6=4, 3] 8 [2d6=3, 5]
    HP going from left to right:
    4#1d6 4 # 2 [1d6=2] 4 [1d6=4] 5 [1d6=5] 6 [1d6=6]

Kirindal on
  • Options
    Welcome Bennu, the long march to the Crimson Citadel awaits you. Faulter not lest your world come to an untimely end.

Cleansing Bracelets — From a fallen kingdom, a genuine divine artefact. — Halve damage from poison.
    Lokinalund Warpaint — A pot of various hues. — Deal +3 damage for a short time. (2 uses)

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Geth, roll 6#2d6 for Stats
    Geth roll 4#1d6 for HP L to R

Ephraim, the Exorcist:

Str 0, Dex 0, Con +1, Int +1, Wis +1, Cha 0

HD: 1, HP 6/6
    Skills: Decipher, Leadership
    Abilities: Skirmish, Turn
    Exorcist Class Abilities not yet taken: Command, Hardy, Ritual, Wild

Equipment: Dagger (d6, +1 for Skirmish), Ardent Buckler (+1 Dex vs human-like opponents), Light Armor, 2x Chalk, Parchment x3, Waterskin, Travel Rations x5, Navigation Kit (Fine compass and such), 2 Torches, empty purse

Stats:
    6#2d6 6 # 6 [2d6=2, 4] 2 [2d6=1, 1] 9 [2d6=5, 4] 9 [2d6=3, 6] 7 [2d6=4, 3] 4 [2d6=1, 3]
    HP L to R:
    4#1d6 4 # 6 [1d6=6] 4 [1d6=4] 3 [1d6=3] 2 [1d6=2]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Welcome Ephraim, the long march to the Crimson Citadel awaits you. Faulter not lest your world come to an untimely end.

Ardent Buckler — Parrying shield of Medusean duellists. — +1 DEX when you face a human-like opponent.
    Navigation Kit — A fine compass and other such gear. — Use to find your bearings.

——————

I’ll wait for one more player to join this evening, but after 8pm (in England that is) we will begin.

If anyone contacts me after we’ve started I’ll work them into the game as we play, nice and easy.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    We could still use an actual Fighter - I was headed there but the rolls didn't quite line up. Just sayin'.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Very well, Solvan Sant the Hunter answers the call to defeat Zuevollos.

Geth, roll 6#2d6
    Geth, roll 2d6

Str: +1 Dex: 0 Con: +1 Int: +1 Wis: +2 Cha: 0

HP: 11/11

Skills: Athletics, Awareness
    Abilities: Skirmish (+1 Damage, armor is one type lighter), Hardy (+6 HP)

Equipment: 1 silvered dagger, 1 flail with hawthorn stake pommel (light weapons), light armor, Old hunter’s Cloak (single use, ignore 1 roll of damage), 3 Huan Needles, (single use, temporarily negates a creature’s abilities) adventuring gear and tools.

6#2d6 6 # 9 [2d6=4, 5] 5 [2d6=3, 2] 9 [2d6=3, 6] 7 [2d6=1, 6] 11 [2d6=6, 5] 6 [2d6=5, 1]

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Yeah I agree, it’d round things out nicely, but if not perhaps a character can grow into the role... should they survive long enough!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ioiag30eAI

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Geth, roll 6#2d6 for Stats
    Geth roll 4#1d6 for HP L to R

Corvus, Knight of a Fallen Kingdom:

Str +1, Dex +1, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha 0

HD: 2, HP 5
    Skills: Athletics, Survival
    Abilities: Tough, Command
    Class Abilities not yet taken: Slay, Ritual

Equipment: Longsword (d6+1), Travel Rations x5, Rope, Torches (4), Tent, Bandages, Waterskin, Vial of Holy Water

(not sure if I did the Hit Dice/HP right? 2d6 hit dice, I just took the higest from below) Please advise.

(Also I can be reserve since Matev posted first.)

Stats:
    6#2d6 6 # 7 [2d6=6, 1] 8 [2d6=2, 6] 7 [2d6=4, 3] 10 [2d6=4, 6] 12 [2d6=6, 6] 3 [2d6=1, 2]
    HP L to R:
    4#1d6 4 # 5 [1d6=5] 4 [1d6=4] 5 [1d6=5] 1 [1d6=1]

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    Eh, edit didn’t quite work.

Geth, roll 2#1d6

2#1d6 2 # 3 [1d6=3] 5 [1d6=5]

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Heck! Six players it is.

Now Hit Dice is somewhat ambiguous in this system. I was going to address it now anyway @SuperRuper because I noticed they’re all incorrect by my interpretation of the rules. I apologise for not going through it with you all.

“You have 1 Hit Die (d6) + extra hit dice equal to your CON. Roll all your hit dice and keep a number equal to your level to determine your hp. When you rest and consume a ration/ waterskin/wineskin, you may re-roll your hp. If you are attended by a healer, roll an extra hit die.”

So if I have +1 CON, I have two Hit Dice.
    I roll two separate dice. I am level 1, so I keep just one of those dice to be my HP.
    I keep the highest score for obvious reasons.
    At level 2, I gain one more Hit Dice. I roll three separate dice, and keep two results. You are able to keep a number of dice equal to your level.
    When I rest I will roll again and keep my new best score, even if it is lower than before. My max might have been 5/5, after resting it may be 3/3.

For now EVERYONE KEEP YOUR HP as is, it’s better to move on than dwell on mistakes.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    That’s how I saw it. Mine’s at 11 because I took hardy for that sweet sweet hp bump.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I assumed people were rolling 4 because that was the maximum they might need to roll, since Geth needs the die inputs up front.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Welcome Solvan, welcome Corvus, the journey to the Crimson Citadel calls you, and the fate of this world hangs by a bloody thread. Should you fail, all is lost.

Solvan, add these to your equipment:
    Old Hunter’s Cloak — A heavy leather mantle treated with special oils. — Ignore damage. (1 use)
    Huan Needles — Terrible barbed black needles. — Remove a creature’s abilities for a time. (3 uses)

Corvus, add these to your equipment:
    Niru Dust — Glittering grains of niru, gives off a gentle warmth. — Apply to weapon for fire damage. (3 uses)
    Country Charm — Pagan trinket, fairly common. — Said to ward against sickness.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I assumed people were rolling 4 because that was the maximum they might need to roll, since Geth needs the die inputs up front.

Yes, that's why I did it, since dice don't roll on edit.

• Options
    Okay good HP/stat team. We have but one noble goal: Get Argyle to level 2.

Somehow.

• Options
    Okay good HP/stat team. We have but one noble goal: Get Argyle to level 2.

Somehow.

Meatshields

Both figuratively and perhaps literally.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also I'm open to suggestions for swapping my raven scout ritual now we have a proper cleric.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Mistswept Forest
    whcaybzei2nu.jpeg

wkjjzkrmi3zd.jpeg

Wolves or men once, now they are neither, now they are an expression of rage, the rot that has spread across the land.

A guttural scream rings out! Bennu, a shrieking lopsided thing gallops towards you, a furred mass of teeth and claw!
    Roll+DEX to dodge the charging beast.

Argyle, as you heft your axe from a dead thing, covered head to toe in its wretched blood, you are finally able to manoeuvre.
    You gain 50 experience.
    What do you do?

The shadow cast by the jutting rock grows longer. The largest of the beasts looms above you Jacyth, gaping mouth drooling with a hunger it cannot sate. It has no eyes, just bloody sockets. It knows you are near, but it has yet to act. Perhaps it is waiting for something, you think, as its ears flick this way and that.
    What do you do?

A beast has you in its grip, Ephraim! Wolfen jaws clamped on your buckler as it thrashes wildly from side to side. You cannot strike true as you are jostled, barely able to keep your stance.
    Roll+STR to tear yourself free.

Back to back as you so often find yourselves, Solvan, Corvus, you have wounded the creatures before you, gouts of blood flowing from their stunted faces as they continue to circle you. They’re clumsy beasts, joints bent as a wolf, but walking on strange elongated fingers that might charitably be said to be like a man’s.
    Both of you, roll+STR to attack, and roll your damage too.
    And so we begin! In medias res!

Firstly, for those that have never used this system or the ones it is derived from (Apocalypse World, Dungeon World etc.), there is no turn order. It’s just chaos. It’s an action scene in a movie. Tell me what you intend to do, rolling if it would have a success or fail state (such as attacking an enemy) or just do it if nothing is stopping you (like making camp, or killing someone tied up).
    After your posts, or just a couple of you, I’ll determine your results and describe the outcome, often weaving together multiple actions into one swift moment.

Key for my awful map.
    J = Jacyth
    A = Argyle
    e = Sir Emory
    B = Bennu
    E = Ephraim
    C = Corvus
    S = Solvan
    W = slavering wolf-men
    X = this will always mean a dead body

Green = forest clearing
    Grey = high ground
    Blue = lake
    Dark green = denser forest

I’ll be using this simple map style as it’s moddable on the fly and I’m just on my phone. Don’t worry about the squares, it’s not the scale, it’s just to give you an idea.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Struggle

Unable to use his buckler for its usual purpose, Ephraim settles for battering the wolfman about the face with it, backing the creature off a bit from the impact but...

(FITB, I guess, Serpents!)

Struggle:
    2d6 9 [2d6=5, 4]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    "Foul wretch," was the whisper from Jacyth at the sight of the crippled wolfman stalking her. Evidently a foul man's least favourite pet judging by the abuse. Reaching back to her pouch, a finger flicking the small device and feeling herself relax. The soft cling of the wind up music box calming her while she grabbed what she needed. Flare powder from Drynia, a small glass vial hosting shrapnel crafted from shattering pig iron that had once shaped a man's faith and a spark cap. A device of the order's own brewing.

Her other hand held her pistol, a single chambered item that most men couldn't begin to comprehend. Assembled from collective knowledge of time long past, forged of a swordsman's steel and with a muzzle ringed in silver melted from a relic of Saint Chosnas herself. With a flick of her wrist the device spun in her hand, folding in two to reveal the loading device.

"Scio igitur habent," she breathed out. Feeding the vial into the chamber, hands trembling as the beast caught wind of the sound of her music box.

"Scio igitur habent," the refrain came again, her fingers fumbling with the pinch of flarepowder, some of it falling harmlessly to the sodden ground. The spark cap going in last. A deep breath as she looked the wolfman in where he should have eyes before raising her arms and clasping the pistol back together. The clap of the spark cap igniting causing moisture to shake free from the trees as the muzzle gave way to fire, molten glass and metal in a gout designed to put her foe down.

Geth, roll 2d6 for action (add attribute you find appropriate)

Geth, roll 1d6+1 for potential damage

action (add attribute you find appropriate):
    2d6 7 [2d6=5, 2]
    potential damage:
    1d6+1 5 [1d6=4]

• Options
    Solvan Sant, Hunter- 11 HP, 1 Armor

Solvan bares his teeth with a guttural snarl of his own, cloak flapping briefly as he lashed out at the creature’s throat with his dagger.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 Wolfen Knife Fighting

Geth, roll 2#2d6+1 skirmishing style damage

Wolfen Knife Fighting:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=3, 3]
    skirmishing style damage:
    2#2d6+1 2 # 11 [2d6=6, 4] 6 [2d6=4, 1]

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ephraim shattered the back teeth of the beast with a uppercut, then sudden tug down again to release his arm. Howling with pain the beast kicked the exorcist to the ground, then stumbled away. It shakes the flood of blood from its mouth, then goes in for another heedless bite.
    You deal 1 damage.
    You have the condition: prone
    What do you do?

The huge blind beast is knocked flying, falling from the rock with a leaden thud. The noise of the gun rings out throughout the forest. It doesn’t get up, but it’s legs drag for purchase. Part of its skull is exposed, but little blood trickles from the obvious wound. It begins to scream—it’s like nothing you’ve ever heard from man nor beast.
    Jacyth, you deal 5 damage.

The lanky creature’s growl is cut short, as is its life, but as it dies it makes a final dash towards you. It’s claws tear into your shoulder even as it slumps to the ground, the weight pulling you forward.
    You take 1 damage.
    You gain 50 experience.
    You’ll have to spend a moment pulling it off Solvan.

Geth roll 1d6 for damage
    You can attack with Wisdom when you use your gun Jacyth. To represent your gut instinct and aim. You would have rolled 10, and I’m treating it as such.

damage:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Corvus - 5 HP, 1 Armor

"Vile wretches", Corvus mutters under his breath.

A gunshot rings out from behind him, just as one of the creatures digs its claws into his ally. The sight of the wound brings Corvus's thoughts to the charm buried under his leathers.

"Come Solvan! These beasts are eager for steel."

Corvus grits his teeth and lashes out at the horror before him. Torch in one hand and blade in the other. (STR attack vs W5)
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Longsword attack

Geth, roll 1d6+1 for Longsword damage

Longsword attack:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=1, 4]
    Longsword damage:
    1d6+1 7 [1d6=6]

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    qdzo27iwfchl.jpeg

Dipping low beneath your swing, the emaciated half-wolf bats at your side, sending you reeling, your sword thrown from your hand. It lands blade first in the soft earth.
    You manage to tumble to your feet and turn.
    Corvus, what do you do?

A quick note:
    Choose your next move carefully, you missed, so I retain the right within the fiction for this thing to pounce on you. If anyone nearby wants to help, go for it.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    "Gotteir scent now, S'r Em'ry?" growls Argyle, in a slurred-together ditch-slang I won't continue to render.

"Face out, then, and be mindful. They're pack hunters, opportunists. In your own time."

Argyle backs slowly toward the central melee, watchful for a further ambush. Sir Emory's going to alert to that, or to an opening he can use, and then they'll both be after it.

---

Believe this is going to be with my +0 wis, but I am skilled in awareness.

Geth, roll 2d6 for ambush awareness.

ambush awareness:
    2d6 5 [2d6=4, 1]

• Options
    Jacyth sighed softly. Pushing another round into the pistol. Stalking over to the downed beast. Her boot planting in it's chest. Holding it place as she levelled her weapon at the remaining fighting groups. Supporting the ungainly mechanism with her spare forearm to keep it level. Ready to crack into place and fire the second her ungainly allies required.
    Basically standing overwatch and minding the crippled wolfman.

Geth roll 2d6+3 for Gun Witch

Gun Witch:
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=1, 4]

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Solvan Sant, Hunter- 10 HP, 1 Armor

Solvan lets out a restrained grunt as the claw rips at him. With a heave, he shoves the carcass aside, his cloak smeared with gore as he tips his hat back to see again. Corvus was bellowing him next to him, Ephraim was on the ground, and Jacyth had used her contraption to fell. The large one. He considered who would best benefit from his expertise as he freed himself from his entanglement.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    There are no more wolf-men than those you see in the clearing Argyle. The nearest one is facing down Corvus.

So tall, you think, as it rears onto its hind legs, so near yet so distant from the shape of man. It is moments from striking Corvus with its crooked claws.
    Now is the time to act.

Jacyth, the blind beast continues to scream, stopping only to cough blood and drink deep breaths in between. It reeks of decay.
    Should you need to fire, just roll your damage, that’ll have a consequence, but it’ll be minor.

Solvan, the closest beast is the one that knocked Corvus aside.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Bennu the Wanderer - HP: 2

'What the....' Bennu stared wide-eyed at the thing full of slavering speed and threw himself gracelessly to the side hoping that She smiled on him a bit more this day.

Geth, roll 2d6 for Dodge the Thing

Dodge the Thing:
    2d6 4 [2d6=2, 2]

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Argyle, Ratcatcher -- 1 HP, 1 Armor

"Right then. Around!"

Argyle and Sir Emory split, running opposite directions around the central melee, trying to flank the beast towering over Corvus.

With any luck, it would serve to distract the beast so Solvan could strike true. With any luck.

--

This would be an aid roll for Solvan, but since there's no Hx I'm thinking dex?

Geth, roll 2d6+1 for a timely distraction.

a timely distraction:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=1, 3]

Glazius on
  • Options
    Ephraim, Exorcist 6/6, 1 Armor, Buckler in play?

Ephraim scrambles backwards and gets on his feet, buckler at the ready and held before him, dagger gripped in his main hand and ready to strike back. The gunshots reassure him somewhat, but he's still too close to the creature to leave the others a clear shot.

He braces for its next attack, trying to read its intention.

(Nothing risky here, so nothing to roll, I guess, unless you'd like me to roll an attack to counter its charge or something.)

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Solvan Sant, Hunter- 10 HP, 1 Armor

Roaring to draw it’s attention away from his compatriot for a crucial second, Solvan tackles the wolf-man looming over Corvus, battering at it’s twisted visage with his flail (blessed in it’s making 7 times by the Clementine Monks of Tripazia) and giving the beast no quarter.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 making Monster Mash

Geth, roll 2#2d6+1 flailing damage

making Monster Mash:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=2, 4]
    flailing damage:
    2#2d6+1 2 # 9 [2d6=5, 3] 12 [2d6=6, 5]

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The world spins. Head. Ground. You see black. When you come to the beast has you in it’s shaggy arms, holding you aloft by your wrists. It opens its jaws to reveal rows of teeth, and a grey stump where its tongue should be.
    Bennu is in serious danger!

Oh yes, you destract it Argyle.
    The beast snarls at you, then swings around and thrashes your stalwart dog. Sir Emory darts away, one of his legs limp; they’ll need healing after this battle.
    Sir Emory is out of the fight.
    As the beast turns back its head is flung further round by Corvus’ flail, snapping its neck. Its legs give way, dropping it to the ground.
    Argyle and Corvus both gain 50 experience.

The bloody canine thing closes the gap!
    Ephraim, roll+DEX to counter its next attack, and roll your damage too.

Endless_Serpents on