As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vacation's over in the [Jobs] thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Today's randomly generated Docker container name: thirsty_feynman

Yeah, that's an unfortunate adjective to have in the random list.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bluh, I went to bed too late last night, and didn't sleep well to boot. AND it's Monday!

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    welp, I'll know on Friday how that interview went.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    welp, I'll know on Friday how that interview went.

Hopefully really well!

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    thanks; here's hoping.

i think i'm well qualified, i'm just hoping i didn't talk too much. i need to send an email thanking them for the interview...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I do not miss interviewing.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    That pepsi brief is like the Fyre Fest of the design world.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Got a talk in with my supervisor and luckily everything is fine.

She herself got promoted and so she's now trying to figure out who will replace her, if there will still be a team lead need, etc, which is why she split and has been giving duties to another employee, as I couldn't handle my daily work and all those duties.

More importantly my current position is fine. I'm not doing badly or in danger, which was honestly my biggest worry (I tend to panic and read too much into things). She stressed that I'm valued.

Huge stress off my shoulder.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't miss interviewing and I'm already getting anxious about interviewing in a year or so when I start looking for a job closer to home!!!

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    You would be amazed at the sort of leeway a box of sugary snacks will get you in just about any circumstance.

When my repair techs get candy sent in alongside a computer for repair they will suddenly move heaven and Earth to get that system fixed and back out to the customer in record time.

At a previous job, we had a guy bring in a whole cake when he needed help with anything. He got lots of help.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    You would be amazed at the sort of leeway a box of sugary snacks will get you in just about any circumstance.

When my repair techs get candy sent in alongside a computer for repair they will suddenly move heaven and Earth to get that system fixed and back out to the customer in record time.

At a previous job, we had a guy bring in a whole cake when he needed help with anything. He got lots of help.

Smart man.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Wife has been reviewing the intern applications that have been made to her team.

The internship is designed for science students who do a year in industry between their second and third years.

She had three applications (it's a very specific role so not many people study it).

One guy had a degree, two masters and a PhD.

One guy applied in Portuguese.

Fortunately the third applicant is perfect on paper so hopefully she passed the interviews.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Wife has been reviewing the intern applications that have been made to her team.

The internship is designed for science students who do a year in industry between their second and third years.

She had three applications (it's a very specific role so not many people study it).

One guy had a degree, two masters and a PhD.

One guy applied in Portuguese.

Fortunately the third applicant is perfect on paper so hopefully she passed the interviews.

The PhD job market is weird enough right now that I actually believe these qualifications.

Unless he's still in undergrad in which case lol.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    That Pepsi thing is not real, right?

Right?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Follow up interview this Wednesday.

Hope it works out, I’d love a desk job

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

Smart man.

And some times he'd bring random balloons.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    That Pepsi thing is not real, right?

Right?

Oh no, Pepsi's real. It's an American competitor to Coke. Quite popular. I'm surprised you've never heard of it, since Pepsi's had some really popular advertising campaigns recently.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Registered for classes. I was one of the lucky 15 to get a spot in the environmental economics class.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Pepsi isn’t real

[/gaslighting]

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.