As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] This thread has suffered a catastrophic translight jump failure.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Rac builds are a free path to higher tiers.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Good skill tree guide for the newer or returning players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL7iVDSmy7A

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    So, in doing a bunch of solo drops over the past couple of days, I’ve discovered:

1) I started too late to hit the 200 loot bags for the free stuff, given my schedule this week. Still - free stuff!

2) LFEs are a great way to burn through your ~60M CBill reserve.

3) RACs are the Truth and the Light.

4) Running an LRM+A 25 with 2 MLAS backup on CN-9 A is a great way to easily get, like, 500 damage done, 1-3 kills, and 8-10 assists basically at-will.

5) Like srsly, have you seen these RACs? I put 2 RAC2s on a BJ-1 (with no backup weapons) and a RAC5 / MRM 20 combo on a CN9-A (NCIX) and it was filthy how much damage they do. So much fun!!!! Like a shitty match in them is 300 damage.

Item number 5 here... I just-so-happen to be able to sustantiate the claim. =p

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
    Y'know, you guys can just admit that Styrofoam Sammich and I are right about dakka. :P

steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    chasm wrote: »
    Y'know, you guys can just admit that Styrofoam Sammich and I are right about dakka. :P

Pfft. Come at me with my 6SRM4 Jenner IIc.

Edit: But of course I love my ballistics. 4AC2 Rifleman, 2RAC5 Bushwhacker, Catapult and Roughneck, 4UAC5 King Crab and Cyclops. Yep, love the dakka. Not to mention my Piranha.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    Streak/HPPC Vindi is apparently the tool for the job today. Busting Pirrana as if they were barreled.

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

The Church will always have its doors open for its wayward flock.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    changed my mind.

612873b763dadbd2c76ce523c1c2c312a2d1b49f6f3bda3c68ae43af8d2d6008.jpg

Aridhol on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

I wish I could at this moment convincingly play the role of "Priest of Laservomit satan", but I'm more of a SRM/laser combo guy myself.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I wish I could at this moment convincingly play the role of "Priest of Laservomit satan", but I'm more of a SRM/laser combo guy myself.

Lasers don't make primary explosions. I'm a firm believer in the House of Dakka and Torgue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbex7bVUHo

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I beamspam right now but I’m all about finding the right mech to Dakka with.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    I actually don't care much for dakka. I've got a Blackjack build with double RAC2's and yeah it's crazy good at suppression fire, but really dang boring to play.

The problem with beam weapons in solo queue is people tend to be really shy about taking damage and play too conservatively when they should move decisively.

The physical feedback from ballistics lets you abuse this but lasers lack that so people push past it more.

Under a stream of rac fire they might be taking less damage than some laser vomit builds, but they wont act like it

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Dakka in solo queue is best described as oppression at distance. It's not even suppression. I can take any of my dakka assaults into solo queue and the only things that will face me for an extended period of time are other dakka assaults and the occasional light pilot who doesn't think I know how to lead my shots. Lurmboats and laserboats usually wind up trying to flank.

steam_sig.png
    I like playing srm/mrm boats for the same reason.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The problem with beam weapons in solo queue is people tend to be really shy about taking damage and play too conservatively when they should move decisively.

The physical feedback from ballistics lets you abuse this but lasers lack that so people push past it more.

Under a stream of rac fire they might be taking less damage than some laser vomit builds, but they wont act like it

This is why my Jagermech is my most played mech ever. The high weapon mounts let me hull down quite effectively to keep myself safe while I follow my usual routine. I learned early on that pug queue is all about herding sheep so I never lead the charge, instead I just calmly trail in a sweeper position like the angriest border collie ever. If I see someone's face I introduce them to the holy word of dakka until they reconsider their life choices and then I fade out. I keep doing that until the match hits the point where attrition goes into overdrive and stuff starts to die fast (there's a term for this in the BT novels but I forget it). That's when I start getting really cheeky about face tanking people and go from trained border collie to rabies infected border collie because at that point they're all falling apart while I'm usually mostly still in one piece.

Dakka is all about understanding that tipping point and having early match patience that then transitions into sheer madness.

Also ammo. A lot of fucking ammo.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    I've been meaning to pick up a Jagermech but oof that hit profile is brutal, even in a fire support role.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

SRM Boats are like dakka, but it explodes!

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The hunchback is the best chassis in the entire game, hands down, bar none. You made a wise decision. Let me know if you want some build tips.

Yes.. Yes I would. I bought the 4j though.

The 4J is the one HBK I don't have much time in, but I do have fond memories of using this HBK-4J to great effect as close in fire support/late round brawler. Ideally you'll find a heavy/assault to combine fire with until the later part of the round when you can leverage your speed and excellent alpha capabilities to blow apart the survivors from the main battle.

Alternatively it works as an excellent flanker during the main battle if the map allows, since you pack more than enough damage potential to core just about anything in a single salvo from behind.

Edit: You can also drop the extra heat sink in the torso for another ML if you're comfortable managing your heat. I am not great at heat management so I opt for the extra heatsink.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)

I would just like to point out that MWO dakka explodes on impact too.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Which is why my no.1 move when being dakkad is switching to heatvision so that I can fire back without being blinded. The cockpit shake is really not that bad if you've invested a few skillpoints into gyros.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Which is why my no.1 move when being dakkad is switching to heatvision so that I can fire back without being blinded. The cockpit shake is really not that bad if you've invested a few skillpoints into gyros.

The funny thing is that, from most of the matches where I bring out my RAC or general-dakka builds, that's a mighty big "if." It feels like most people skip those nodes. I dunno, maybe they think +Hill Climb is more important on mechs with jump jets?

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I've been meaning to pick up a Jagermech but oof that hit profile is brutal, even in a fire support role.

Put 2x AC/20s on that bad boy and just wait around corners to body slam people who are unfortunate to pick that particular angle to push. I’ve also had great success with 2x Gauss by hill humping, which the Jager was essentially purpose built to do.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    edited October 2018
    I've had the most success with either quad ACs of some flavor (Quad Ultra AC 2s are hilaaaaarious) or dual RAC 5s specifically because of the psychological terror rapidfire dakka imparts but I also acknowledge that I don't pilot my Jagers like a sane person.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    Currently building a gauss rifle cougar but I might go for one after that. I've been meaning to set up some more jump jet builds.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I can vouch, at least historically, for both the JagerBomb and the GaussJager. Thumbs up, 10/10, would dakka again.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    The best part about the Gauss Jager is ever so slightly creeping up a hill, one hit killing some poor unsuspecting bastard, and then Zoidberging away before anyone has a clue wtf happened.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    My favorite solo queue mechs are the Wolfhound WLF-2 (5 MPL) and the Black Widow (UAC10 and 2x UAC5 dakkadakkadakka)

Nips wrote: »
    I can vouch, at least historically, for both the JagerBomb and the GaussJager. Thumbs up, 10/10, would dakka again.

Surely, you mean a Boomjager. :D

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Grinding out these loot bags is wearing on me... I figure if I can get up to 160 or so today, the last 40 over Tuesday and Wednesday should be doable. Fingers crossed. At 141 right now.

I'll be grinding more bags tonight around 6:30 if anyone wants to join

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

1830 Pacific?

1830 Pacific?

yeah

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Who's up for some Solaris duos?

sXXjb1B.png

I will be after the loot bag event.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular

I will be after the loot bag event.

Solaris counts for loot bags

sXXjb1B.png
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Solaris7 Heroes Starter pack 30% off ($20) on the steam Halloween sale. Is that worthwhile?

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Oh god. So I got fed up one match and decided to just bull rush the first enemy I saw on HPG.I turn the corner and see a fafnir and a light mech (I'm in Warhammer 2 lbx10 4 ml). So I run straight at them while firing as they move into one of those tiny C shaped alcoves on the side of that pyramid thing in the middle of the map, basically a dead end. As I charge in there with them I drop an arty strike ontop of all of us, fully intending to die but hoping that I can at least take one out in the process. I get face to face with the fafnir, fire until I overheat, then while im sitting in shutdown mode waiting to die the arty strike lands on the both of us, killing him and sparing me (barely). The light mech bugged out when the arty came. I just sat there in disbelief afterwards for a bit before moving on to the rest of the match.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Solaris7 Heroes Starter pack 30% off ($20) on the steam Halloween sale. Is that worthwhile?

Depends. The Siren is decent if you build it right. It includes the Revenant, which is the only Mad Dog with CT laser hardpoints (makes for a good ATM or LRM boat with backup weapons, or you can even go splat (SRMs) with it. The Kraken has good armor quirks. The Ares can do MRM50 competently. The Dao Breaker can go triple-RAC2. I'm not a fan of the Firestarter hero that comes in the pack. The Street Cleaner is the fastest Urbie and can be hilarious. If you like the game, it's pretty much the best deal in the game. $20 for 6 decent Heroes, 30 days of premium, and a mech bay once you sell the Firestarter isn't a bad deal in my estimation.

steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018

1830 Pacific?

yeah

You guys grouping up in Discord or Vent? I'm logging in for a few and am game grouping up if others want to.

Edit: I logged into Discord. Just ping me if anybody wants to group up.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7