As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So Dodgers lost the WS last year and this year

Is 2019 gonna be the charm

Lol no

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Sweeeeeet.

Our long, 630 day Championship drought is finally over!

i saw this sign every day when i was living in Boston.

VdSHV1r.jpg

funny to think how it's completely flipped since 2004.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    AL MVP: mookie
    AL Cy: Blake snell
    NL MVP: yelich
    NL Cy: degrom

Most likely

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    DeGrom wins all four

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Pearce deserves that.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Pearce wins MVP.

Thank God it's over.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    So Dodgers lost the WS last year and this year

Is 2019 gonna be the charm

let's ask the rangers

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Schide wrote: »

I appreciate your dedication to accuracy with some of those WS predictions.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

So many of you thought the Angels were going to make a wild card spot. No one saw the Athletics coming, and the Angels had yet another injury ridden season.

(She/Her)
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Angels problem is they only went from Mike Trout and 24 other shmucks to Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, and 23 other shmucks. And now they'll be without Ohtani for some time due to TJ.

EDIT: I'm more intrigued by how the DBacks fell apart. I had too much faith in them.

Goose! on
  • Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    I'm going to be hurting so bad at work tomorrow, but it's worth it. I'm so stupidly happy right now.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    God damn I’m delirious with joy.

One thing I NEED to highlight: going into October, there was a LOT of talk about how Boston’s weakpoint was their bullpen. Well, the Bullpen was PHENOMINAL. Special props to Joe Kelly and The Secret Bullpen (Price, Sale, and above all else, Eovaldi).

And speaking of Price... oh my god... you don’t have to like the Red Sox to appreciate what he did in taking the narrative that had been written about him in the postseason... and not just tear it up, but set the pieces on fire.

I mean, they were the worst bullpen because the other teams had great bullpens. They still had like the 8th best bullpen in baseball. And the best record.

edited October 2018
    Goose! wrote: »
    Angels problem is they only went from Mike Trout and 24 other shmucks to Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, and 23 other shmucks. And now they'll be without Ohtani for some time due to TJ.

EDIT: I'm more intrigued by how the DBacks fell apart. I had too much faith in them.

I feel like Andrelton Simmons doesn't get the respect he deserves, but other than that you are pretty spot on. Ohtani is supposedly going to be ready to DH next season, but isn't going to pitch again until 2020. Which sucks, because we really need pitchers.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    I mean, they were the worst bullpen because the other teams had great bullpens. They still had like the 8th best bullpen in baseball. And the best record.

True. And that difference had been highlighted a bit in the last bit of the regular season as the pen had been struggling.

But man did they step up.

One thing I’m really interested by is Cora’s AGGRESSIVE use of his starters to deepen the pen. Sure, it’s been done before occasionally but NEVER (to my knowledge) to the extent Cora and the Sox did this postseason. Porcello, Price, Sale, Eovaldi all pitched multiple times in releif. And it paid off. I am very curious if this becomes a more standard practice in the postseason or if it was just a wierd confluence of need and a rotation particularly capable of doing it.

I think the biggest key to this postseason was that the Red Sox were the best team in the playoffs. I don't really remember the last time a team rollied through the playoffs as easily as they did.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    thanks sox for wasting no time reminding me why i hate this team and why i shouldn't waste even a second watching you this year

After game 1 this season, my all time greatest post

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Red Sox were playing "New York, New York" in the locker room.

Presumably because there are NO worthwhile songs about Boston.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    A Boston fan overreacting to a poor performance? I'm shocked.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

As long as they’re not playing fucking tessie

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    https://deadspin.com/steve-pearce-had-a-long-strange-trip-to-world-series-m-1830066922
    Only three players the history of the game have had back-to-back World Series games each with a homer and at least three RBI. They are Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, and Steve Pearce

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Got the WS pick dead on; yea me!

@411Randle Congrats!

Enjoy the off-season, everyone!

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist

I saw this on Twitter, and my first thought was how silly how much real estate the Yankees have in their collective brains. Should be fun to see next year.

And it begins.

"Yankees Luke warm on Machado after postseason antics."

Are they? Or is this a tactic to throw off other teams?

WE'LL SOON FIND OUT!

The Bad Lip Reading guys have given the MLB 2018 season the BLR treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHr8NxA8raw

The Bad Lip Reading guys have given the MLB 2018 season the BLR treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHr8NxA8raw

I don't think they will ever top their Game of Thrones one, but I still love their videos.

(She/Her)
    Phillies are currently the betting odds favorites to sign Machado and Harper.

For what that is worth.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

For what that is worth.

Trust the process.

For what that is worth.

Phillies make sense to go all in on one or both of those guys. They are close as is, but need a push. Their biggest obstacle in the division is the Braves and, well, they aren’t gonna overcome Atlanta with player development - Atlanta’s farm is far better than Philly’s. The edge they can use is financial - they have more money - so spend it.

Awwww man.

Willie McCovey died.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    damn, rest in peace

also good thread title update, thanks for keeping us informed

BahamutZERO.gif
    just found out that bryce harper's dog is named wrigley, and also he just posted a picture of himself with a bulls hat. kudos to him if he's trolling, because he's doing a terrific job

DJ Eebs wrote: »
    just found out that bryce harper's dog is named wrigley, and also he just posted a picture of himself with a bulls hat. kudos to him if he's trolling, because he's doing a terrific job

this sounds like a Vlad Jr-in-JFK situation

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    BREAKING NEWS

Bryce Harper just followed Joel Embiid and Rhys Hoskins on Twitter

Harper to the Phillies so he can stick it to Washington harder is great, imo

If the Phillies do get Harper and if they can land one more quality pitcher... They'll be in the mix for sure next year

This discussion has been closed.