As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    He uses the axe to control the dragon; it’s Khorne’s version of a gearstick.

PSN Fleety2009
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Most of the mounted heroes either have spears or are on critters small/snakey enough that you can picture it leaning down for a swipe. Stuff like that and Archaon’s big 3-headed monster are just too big for their weapons to reach.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Archaon’s ‘sword’ just looks like that because it’s convenient to do so right now, rather than because that’s its definitive shape. Same with many daemon weapons.
    Other characters not so much though. At least the old school Aelves got it right; lances all the way.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/3g4leLl2Nzo
    Mollog woul really appreciate it if you would just let him take a nap, damn adventurers.

That’s… a really unique composition there. One Troggoth, one Squig, two… mushrooms with mouths?
    So are we looking at a zone controller here? Mollog waits while the sporelings and squigeon drive the foe to him so he can thump with club for massive damage?

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The little critters are all described as 'squiggly-beasts', so presumably more varied forms of squigs, the spiky one is a rock squig, apparently.
    Definitely seems like a more extreme version of the Ironjawz/Fyreslayers style teams where the leader is the real star of the show.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What are those trays?
    They're usually called skirmish trays or movement trays. There used to be the square ones for old Fantasy, now what used to be skirmish is all there is. Helps to move large units at once.

Here's a sample store.

akirasig.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're quite handy, and the cloud shaped ones are valuable to have on hand if you're using lots of big units (though certain models may want some magnets/blutac in there to keep them steady). It can look a little silly when someone's backfield deployment is some sort of geometrical arrangement of linear movement trays to keep deep-striking units out though!

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Anyone know anything about when a Seraphon warband might show up?

My friends are getting me into Shadespire and as revenge on them for there not being any Seraphon or Vanilla Dwaves I when out and got all three Space Marine warbands.

Now I just need to get around to painting them.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

My friends are getting me into Shadespire and as revenge on them for there not being any Seraphon or Vanilla Dwaves I when out and got all three Space Marine warbands.

In Underworlds? Not this 'season'. We've had all the upcoming bands revealed as bits of artwork and we've got Trogg 'n' pals, Darkoath Barbarians, Steam Punk Gun Dorfs and Tree Ghost Elves in the pipeline.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

In Underworlds? Not this 'season'. We've had all the upcoming bands revealed as bits of artwork and we've got Trogg 'n' pals, Darkoath Barbarians, Steam Punk Gun Dorfs and Tree Ghost Elves in the pipeline.

Oh, Underworlds is the overall name?

Ok. Thanks.

Is there any special lore reason that we have three sigmarine warband when elves don't have any right now?

Also because I'm butt hurt that they didn't make my first choice a priority. :)

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Because Sigmarines are to AoS what regmarines are to 40k, kinda. For now though, it looks like they’re done unless Sigmar hits The Button again… none of the other elements of his forces really suit small-unit skirmishes. Unless you’re prepared to deal with the system-warping required to make a single-model warband work…

But yeah, more Aelves (Idonerh in particular) should totally show up, as should some Free People’s (and Dispossessed because more dorfs is never a bad thing).

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed that they had a great opportunity to hit a literal reset button and do some more balanced focus on different factions, and then they instantly tried to make Sigmarines happen.

I really can't see them making any new Free People or Dispossessed models any time soon, or possibly ever. Those are the old ways.

What are we missing from the current big supported factions (by which I mean ones with a Battletome)?

Deepkin
    Daughters of Khaine
    Nurgle
    Flesh Eater Courts
    Bone Splitterz
    Skaven Pestilens
    Beastmen
    Beastclaw Raiders

Ignoring the Raiders for reasons of practicality, that's a full season plus one spare slot to crowbar in some Stormcast so chances are good if Underworlds makes a season 3 we'll get whatever is missing.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Actually I just thought of another Sigmarine warband that could work; squawk-puppies and handler. Also first Sigmar band with more than three models. Genius!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I really can't see them making any new Free People or Dispossessed models any time soon, or possibly ever. Those are the old ways.

They did do a "black orc" team, though those actually got integrated into Ironjawz.

Really wish they'd have done proper new aesthetics for them though.

There have been a few rumour engine pics lately that kinda looks like fantasy humans / free guilders.

Oct23-RumourEngine95gbir.jpg
    Oct9-RumourEngine3jvfr.jpg

and maybe this one
    Aug28-RumourEngine-2qs.jpg

I suspect the top one is a fake-out, I imagine they're probably not going to keep the frilly sleeves and feathers look for AoS human factions, the middle on there looks more LotR to me, but there's obviously some aesthetic crossover.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Does anyone ever tell us what the rumor engine pics are from? GW give us a riddle that only they know the answer to, and then refuse to tell anyone. Feels rather pointless.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I suspect the top one is a fake-out, I imagine they're probably not going to keep the frilly sleeves and feathers look for AoS human factions, the middle on there looks more LotR to me, but there's obviously some aesthetic crossover.

The top one is infact, a rogue trader from 40k, revealed today.

And yeah somewhere on the community site is a page with all the riddles and links to the announcement pages for the model.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

And yeah somewhere on the community site is a page with all the riddles and links to the announcement pages for the model.

I see no feather
    in2ep1ejmb6t.png

I can't see a part on the rogue trader that looks like either of these pictures.

Well they were teasing a lot of Slaanesh stuff earlier with the Realm of Chaos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HpZ0G_oCIw
    We have not heard anything since the video

honovere wrote: »
    I can't see a part on the rogue trader that looks like either of these pictures.

Yeah my brain connected the belts up, but looking now they are different.

My bad.

They finally did it!

https://youtu.be/yvCr3oztVpg

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Cool! … but I can't find it :( Got a link?

Sic transit gloria mundi.

I could swear there was one but couldn’t find it.

Did find this though
    Sf2Rvrt.jpg

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

What are we missing from the current big supported factions (by which I mean ones with a Battletome)?

Deepkin
    Daughters of Khaine
    Nurgle
    Flesh Eater Courts
    Bone Splitterz
    Skaven Pestilens
    Beastmen
    Beastclaw Raiders

Ignoring the Raiders for reasons of practicality, that's a full season plus one spare slot to crowbar in some Stormcast so chances are good if Underworlds makes a season 3 we'll get whatever is missing.

I am extremely psyched for Eyes of the Nine but would be even more so for a proper Beastmen box of weird mutant guys or Flesh Eaters. One imagines the Flesh Eaters would be pretty similar to Madrek's warband, though, so it's hard to see them filling that space out.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I really want to see some of Tyrion's fiery angel elves.

I was going to question why the Flesh eater courts would be in shadespire but then I thought the adventures in endless life decaying into death they would snack on

• SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I'm waiting on my copy of nightvault and the eyes of the nine box to come in this week. It'll be my first time playing, and I'm a little unsure about the card mechanics, but there are some really nice guys that play it, so it's got to be good.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    Warhammer Underworlds tip: remember that your objective deck (the gold cards) defines your play style, even more than the actual warband. Specifically, where exactly you land on the spectrum between going for the objective tokens and going for the kill on the enemy warband. Of course every band has an ‘ideal’ style shaped by their stats and unique powers/objectives but you can play totally against type if you want to.
    So the tip is: figure out what the band you’re playing can do, decide what you’re going to do with them, build the objective deck to match that, then build the power deck to service that. Too many players get bogged down in ‘oh, this is cool’ and lose focus.

Other than that: Vampiric Weapon plus Daemonic Weapon plus Mighty Swing does totally stack and work exactly like you want it to. Choppy choppy!

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    New battletome hint:

https://youtu.be/UU9Gqg9Qfyg

Subtle :P

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Got my first game of Shadespire in just a while ago. My deck for the Eyes of the Nine sucked, so I played with my buddies dwarves instead. Absolutely loved it, had a great time. Lost because I killed too many of his Reavers, but it was really close.
    Loved the stunties so much I picked em up. Going really objective heavy, but I like the idea of buffing the leader up to one punch man levels.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    So… the hexes for Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress are the same size as Shadespire/Nightvault ones. Anyone else want to make house Shadespire rules to play it on the more variable terrain of the Fortress?

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    My friend snatched up 2000+ pointsa of Daughters of Khaine so last night was my first full-fledged game of AoS.

We did 1400 points and the basic scenario of just killing each other. He won but we had a blast, Olynder is sooooo much fun holy crap. I love the magic and character synergies. I am really digging this game, wow, and that's before considering Beastmen are my other favorite army so wooooo!

I had Nighthaunt:
    Lady Olynder, Guardian of Souls with Lantern, Executioner, Spirit Torment with 2 Chaingasts, Knight of Shrouds on spiritsteed

20 Chainrasps, 10 Grim Gast Reapers, 3 Spirit Hosts, 5 Hexwraiths

He had:
    Hag Queen on Cauldron
    30 Witch Aelves, 20 Sisters of Slaughter, 5 Medusa with bows, 5 Medusa with spears, 5 Harpies with javelins, 5 Harpies with the hooks or whatever, 5 Doomfire Warlocks

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is the Deepkin battleforce worth grabbing for $170?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is the Deepkin battleforce worth grabbing for $170?

yes, although I'd argue it's probably the least value

but if you bought everything separate it would be like $265~

The sharks and the bow thralls don't currently show up much in competitive lists (which is a shame cos the models are very nice!) but the Tidecaster and melee thralls are good, and the eels form the backbone of pretty much every IDK list right now. So it's not a horrible box or anything, for casual/beginner games it's more than adequate, and it's certainly the cheapest way to get into IDK until they (possibly) get a Start Collecting box. Plus the competitive meta for AoS changes quite rapidly anyway, by next year Allopexes could be the new hotness, who knows? If you like the models it's a good buy.

This discussion has been closed.