As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Erroneous Ellipses

discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
So, for like a week, on the mobile site, I've been experiencing ellipses where a word comes close to the forum's screen boundary.
For instance the below post:
Sleep wrote: »
Now if you come to me with a project we've never discussed that needs to be finished before the end of the week you brought it too me... it goes to the bottom of the list, and if you try to tell your boss its my fault... I'm just gonna throw you straight under the bus for not properly communicating with the necessary parties in the planning stages. That's a managerial fuck up, not a QA fuck up. Trying to fast track it, and resultantly missing defects would be a QA fuck up.

Has "never" replaced with "nev..."
This is in v68 of Chrome

discrider on

• Options
    It seems like it only cuts off words that are close to fitting in the line too.
    Otherwise it continues the post on the next line.

• Options
    testuserVtestuserV Registered User regular
    This sounds like some some weird dumb chrome thing, tbh. I'll take a look though.

My sig

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    This just happened to me.

Here's the post: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40087371/#Comment_40087371

Portrait mode, with ellipses:
    https://i.imgur.com/PWt006N.jpg

Landscape mode, no ellipses:
    https://i.imgur.com/8ivPo2R.jpg

I am also using Chrome v68 on Android.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I thought it was just me! Android, latest version of Chrome on the mobile site.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    +1

So weird

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Hah, I thought people were just.. putting "..." instead of letters sometimes. I could always figure out the word, but I was wondering if I was missing some new meme

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Fwiw, I never noticed this when the thread was made, but it's been happening to me today

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I see this on Android a lot, seems to happen to words that are very close to getting cut off.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hmm
    The 'never' I mentioned above is wrapping now...

Nevermind. Veto is cut off here now:
    Henroid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Look, the Senate is hard at work to-
    JUST IN: McConnell blocks House bill to reopen government for second time
    Under Senate rules, any senator can ask for consent to vote on or pass a bill, but any senator can object. McConnell blocked the two bills, saying the Senate wouldn't "participate in something that doesn't lead to an outcome."
    OH COME ON. The outcome is the fucking government opens back up, because Trump will buckle like a thing that fucking buckles easily. I'm too mad to come up with something clever.

Like a belt.

I think Trump would veto, though. And that is what McConnell is really afraid of. If a veto happens and enough senators have changed their mind on whether to override it, or if the Republicans in the House don’t, suddenly it’s Trump and the Republicans’ fault.
    But it's their fault right now literally anyway.

Yes. But his argument is that Trump will just veto. And people, so far, have taken that bullshit as an excuse. If he actually passes the bill and Trump vetoes it, suddenly people start asking, “What next?” And what’s next is an override attempt. Failing that would put the names of senators who voted against reopening the government out there as responsible.

discrider on