As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited November 2018 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

PA LFG:
We've frequently had requests for some kind of in-game PA LFG system, especially because it can be difficult or intimidating or a hassle to try to coordinate via console messages when you don't know who's riding solo and who is looking to group up with others. By popular demand and suggestion, we're trying a new system to address this. If you see someone rocking the below emblem, it means that they are looking to play with others:

cq1ldwoo8o76.jpg
How do you get this emblem? Simple:
1. Visit https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption.
2. Redeem code xfvkhpn97, which will give you The Visionary emblem. It will show up in-game (may require logging out then back in).
3. Set the emblem when you are LFG. This way, others see that you are looking to group up and can direct requests to you - or just join on you!
4. Once you're grouped up, feel free to change the emblem back to whatever you'd like.

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I refuse to join you in this better tomorrow.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Time is relative. You can consider this a worse yesterday, if you'd prefer. Won't change the direction of the thread.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i’m gonna chug vex milk and join whenever that takes me

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    This better tomorrow needs to know I got Luna’s Howl to shoot guardians in the face yesterday! It’s my crowning achievement and I won’t let it be lost in the abyss of the worse yesterday

616610-1.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Time is relative. You can consider this a worse yesterday, if you'd prefer. Won't change the direction of the thread.

This thread doesn't smell much like curse to me so it's probably either last week in here or, possibly, two weeks from now. Deffo not tomorrow, though.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I was under the impression that I could make my own pizza.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Hey, Team Waiting for Dodgeblan: let's do the thing!
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1242143

I have a hard stop at 14:30 'cause people will start showing up in my house about that time but if nobody is super high we'll probably knock it out in plenty of time.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

I want you to know that I also referenced worse yesterday without seeing your post. Maybe I said it before you. Or maybe after. Or maybe you never said it at all and it’s a vex simulation.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Ran some high score NFs last night to squeeze them in before the reset. Then ran Hollowed Lair again after the raid to help some clan mates and got a Mindbender's Ambition.

It's not god roll. No full choke. But Slideshot/Moving Target ain't bad and it's got some decent range increase on the barrels and mag.

With the patch today though it's finally time to start farming some NFs for drops.

PS - You can get 2 and probably even 3 NF ranks per completion since each 100k you get seems to count as a level. All 3 of my runs were 200k+ and I shot up 6 levels just from those 3.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Kitty ghost is for sale this week (for dust)

Xagar on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I was gonna buy the last mask (Glitterball) from Eververse with my Dust but then one of the many engrams that dropped gave it to me for free. I will say Collections + Double Eververse Engrams + bounties for Dust makes the whole Eververse system feel a whole lot more integrated into the game.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    My internet dies right at the start of Shuro Chi. I get it up and working and the first things I hear is them talking about the loot as it drops. These dam jerks went and 5 manned it with 1 brand new guy without me.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Decisively won 2 out of 3 gambit rounds!

That second round we lost was the fucking butthole! 3rd time I've seen it, every time my team just chokes

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    And they just nerfed Full Choke too!

• Options
    1-5 tonight in gambit. 5 straight losses. The last two games have featured back to back invasions with about 5 seconds in between them during the mote gathering phase because when you have a 4-stack, your 3 mote getters can provide that for their dedicated daring invader with queenbreaker.

The last two games have also had a person on my team with zero motes banked. 0. Over 3 rounds in one case

The very last game was a join in progress, where they already had one loss. I ended up second on that leaderboard despite only having one round.

I'm not asking to get carried, but it would be pretty fucking nice if I didn't have 3 potatoes every-goddamn-match.

• Options
    Just give me a solo queue for gambit

• Options
    edited October 2018
    ahahahahahahahahaha

Finally got put on the team with the 3 stack against 4 randoms!

Round 2 the "Hostiles incoming" banner hops around every 5 seconds or so and no enemies spawn.

Other side gets spawns like normal. Out portal appears to work once they summons their primeval

Edit: they got to invade us during their primeval spawn and one of them did it. What a dickbag

Edit2: we have now formed a orderly line at the invasion portal

edit3: two of the enemy team dropped, so round two went to full time

edit 4: thank christ they didnt get backfilled and we won. Done with gambit tonight

ronzo on
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    1-5 tonight in gambit. 5 straight losses. The last two games have featured back to back invasions with about 5 seconds in between them during the mote gathering phase because when you have a 4-stack, your 3 mote getters can provide that for their dedicated daring invader with queenbreaker.

The last two games have also had a person on my team with zero motes banked. 0. Over 3 rounds in one case

The very last game was a join in progress, where they already had one loss. I ended up second on that leaderboard despite only having one round.

I'm not asking to get carried, but it would be pretty fucking nice if I didn't have 3 potatoes every-goddamn-match.
    ronzo wrote: »
    Just give me a solo queue for gambit

It wouldn't matter. I'm getting shit teammates even with 8 rando games.

The power of the potato is strong today.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i get the feeling almost no one plays gambit for the joy of playing gambit anymore and with the bonus infamy and increased spawn rate on testicle boi i imagine even more people are just showing up for those reasons and don’t give a shit about anything else

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i get the feeling almost no one plays gambit for the joy of playing gambit anymore and with the bonus infamy and increased spawn rate on testicle boi i imagine even more people are just showing up for those reasons and don’t give a shit about anything else

I want to play Gambit for the fun of it but the match quality is utter garbage today.

Multiple AFKers, which I basically never see usually, most games end after the first round because 1 player from the losing team immediately stops trying, potatoes as far as the eye can see. It's terrible.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I got a Trinity Ghoul from the strike daily last night. It seems ok but it's yet another thing in the energy slot to use and I kinda wish they'd done something more creative than "zhalo supercell, again, but this time it's a bow!"

It does seem like it'd be aces for Gambit if I can bite the bullet and take my EP shottie off.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I want to play Gambit for the fun of it but the match quality is utter garbage today.

Multiple AFKers, which I basically never see usually, most games end after the first round because 1 player from the losing team immediately stops trying, potatoes as far as the eye can see. It's terrible.

I'm wondering if this is unintended consequences from the quitter penalties coming back. It could be real easy to get tossed into the next match and then feel like you can't leave.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    just hit 599 and only need a helmet for 600

oh what’s this something has gone to my postmaster

it’s a helmet

it’s 600

i am 600

then i turn around and tess gives me the guitar emote and the kitteh ghost

i won destiny today you guys we can pack it up

I wouldn't have invited you to my team if I knew you had kitty ghost because I am jealous of your kitty ghost.

Actually I still would have because you're awesome. And shoutout to @SuperRuper too 'cause we three did the Malfeasance mission with the stupidly strong enemy shields.

Aside from the shields that was a pretty cool mission. The part that's not like The Corrupted is neat.

Yeah thanks for pulling through on that one. I went on to play gambit the rest of the night and had a similar experience to the rest of the thread. I felt like I was the only person on my team who knew what was going on.

Finished the mote gathering part of the quest and now just sitting around waiting for the wins part. Can't wait until I have the part which requires me to hog the invasion portal until it's done.

Also I tried signing up for the raid, but apparently I'm not part of the 100 PA group.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    the quitter penalties seem to just incentivize bad play like they do in comp

you can't force people to enjoy your game mode while at the same time forcing them to play it

• Options

you can't force people to enjoy your game mode while at the same time forcing them to play it

Quitter penalties are fine as long as you have good AFK detection. Because what you want to stop is people just AFKing because quitting is worse.

For just playing but not helping, well, there's only so much you can do about that beyond using a report function. Well, and giving incentives to keep playing the game by reward participation rather then just wins.

• Options
    SuperRuper wrote: »

it’s a helmet

it’s 600

i am 600

I wouldn't have invited you to my team if I knew you had kitty ghost because I am jealous of your kitty ghost.

Actually I still would have because you're awesome. And shoutout to @SuperRuper too 'cause we three did the Malfeasance mission with the stupidly strong enemy shields.

Aside from the shields that was a pretty cool mission. The part that's not like The Corrupted is neat.

Yeah thanks for pulling through on that one. I went on to play gambit the rest of the night and had a similar experience to the rest of the thread. I felt like I was the only person on my team who knew what was going on.

Finished the mote gathering part of the quest and now just sitting around waiting for the wins part. Can't wait until I have the part which requires me to hog the invasion portal until it's done.

Also I tried signing up for the raid, but apparently I'm not part of the 100 PA group.

That would explain why you couldn't find the the100 event before... The OP says to contact some people I haven't seen in the thread in forever. I'll update the event to save a slot for you.

• Options

Quitter penalties are fine as long as you have good AFK detection. Because what you want to stop is people just AFKing because quitting is worse.

For just playing but not helping, well, there's only so much you can do about that beyond using a report function. Well, and giving incentives to keep playing the game by reward participation rather then just wins.

yeah i guess the problem is the current AFK detection is exceptionally simple to fool

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Saw the Servitor Primeval for the first time ever last night. Thank god I was running Melting Point Titan since we needed solar kills in Gambit for a bounty. Melting Point + super plus my gf's Blade Barrage sealed the deal!

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options

it’s a helmet

it’s 600

i am 600

That would explain why you couldn't find the the100 event before... The OP says to contact some people I haven't seen in the thread in forever. I'll update the event to save a slot for you.

@Dajoran (Kersev) is still pretty active here and i know is in-game

is @Celian BenTheFrenchy?

what kind of people have different names here and in game i swear

• Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    You rang?

I agree BlueberrywerewlfChanus, who do they think they are Chanus; some kind of dual identity superhero, Chanus?

ChemENGR @superruper, you are approved for the100 group.

Love,

KersevDajoran

• Options
    Anyway, I had so many shit games since the patch dropped that I just said fuck it in a few and just humped the leg of the invasion portal.

Throwing yourself at people killing the boss racks up kills quick. I almost had a 4 kill invasion by I was off by literally half an unshielded health bar because the guy survived my shield throw. Which I realised afterwards was because I had my chicken head on for the Gambit Haunted Forest bounty and power levels are enabled for gambit invasions.

Thankfully the next game the enemy all grouped up in the same cave as they killed the primeval so I bum-rushed them, popped Cap Shield and blew them all apart and it was glorious.

So now I have Malfeasance, which is pretty cool. Got all the Drifter lore now and I'm 3 kills against invaders with their supers on away from getting the Dredgen title.

• Options
    Dajoran wrote: »
    You rang?

I agree BlueberrywerewlfChanus, who do they think they are Chanus; some kind of dual identity superhero, Chanus?

ChemENGR @superruper, you are approved for the100 group.

Love,

KersevDajoran

To be fair I was always the original SuperRuper and then one of my siblings stole my PSN name. I have an excuse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyway, I had so many shit games since the patch dropped that I just said fuck it in a few and just humped the leg of the invasion portal.

Throwing yourself at people killing the boss racks up kills quick. I almost had a 4 kill invasion by I was off by literally half an unshielded health bar because the guy survived my shield throw. Which I realised afterwards was because I had my chicken head on for the Gambit Haunted Forest bounty and power levels are enabled for gambit invasions.

Thankfully the next game the enemy all grouped up in the same cave as they killed the primeval so I bum-rushed them, popped Cap Shield and blew them all apart and it was glorious.

So now I have Malfeasance, which is pretty cool. Got all the Drifter lore now and I'm 3 kills against invaders with their supers on away from getting the Dredgen title.

That's going to be my plan I think. Hoping to get the 4 kill early to bypass that step. If I can't does anyone know how many invaders you actually have to kill?

I don't know why I'm excited for this gun in any case. It's probably not worth replacing Sleeper/Queenbreaker even in gambit.

I mean, that's not going to stop me from using it anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Not sure if it was a power level thing, but I shot an invader with Malfeasance yesterday, 91 damage headshots which is insane for a 180 rpm handcannon. It also absolutely tears through Taken.

• Options
    Xagar wrote: »
    Not sure if it was a power level thing, but I shot an invader with Malfeasance yesterday, 91 damage headshots which is insane for a 180 rpm handcannon. It also absolutely tears through Taken.

Malfeasance was buffed in the patch. Both explosion and overall damage increase to Taken and Invaders.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So after the update yesterday, I went to Devrim to pick up the Flashpoint engram I forgot to grab, and he gave me my first Cerberus+1 !

Then we played some Gambit since it's double Infamy and I finished the Malfeasance quest, so now I have Malfeasance !

And also while playing more Gambit, for an Infamy rank-up reward, I got my first Queenbreaker !

So yeah this was a pretty good update

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Malfeasance was buffed in the patch. Both explosion and overall damage increase to Taken and Invaders.

Yeah I was giving some perspective on the magnitude of the increase (which is 5 shots = death through overshield, possibly 4 headshots)

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Yeah I was giving some perspective on the magnitude of the increase (which is 5 shots = death through overshield, possibly 4 headshots)

My bad, I misread the tone of the post. Per a video I watched today if you get the explosion on an Invader, or a roaming super (novalock cough cough) you guarantee the kill, if that helps with additional context.

• Options
    edited October 2018

That's going to be my plan I think. Hoping to get the 4 kill early to bypass that step. If I can't does anyone know how many invaders you actually have to kill?

I don't know why I'm excited for this gun in any case. It's probably not worth replacing Sleeper/Queenbreaker even in gambit.

I mean, that's not going to stop me from using it anyway.

It's not either or. You need 25 invasion kill AND either the full team wipe yourself or a teammate getting 3 full team wipes.

Honestly, your best bet if you aren't usually a great invader is put on a good super for killing during an invasion and then during a losing game, just leap into the portal, sneak up near where they are and go hog wild. You'll pull it off eventually.

Void shield or hammers is good for titan.
    Blade Barrage is good for hunter if they group up although I've seen some people do good work with nightstalker by tethering the team inside their well of radiance and if you can close the gap, arcstrder still destroys at close range and is stupid hard to stop.
    And for warlock you go OP nova warp as long as you can get in close to them first. Dawnblade also a solid choice.

shryke on
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Jumped on last night to fuck around a bit in Gambit... Grabbed bounties this time... Played Four matches, won four matches, ranked up twice, got four pieces of Gambit loot... Logged off and went to go make dinner

...I don't know what all the complaints are about :hydra:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6