As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I also got Cerberus yesterday as a random drop in the ole blind well! Good update is good!

616610-1.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Jumped on last night to fuck around a bit in Gambit... Grabbed bounties this time... Played Four matches, won four matches, ranked up twice, got four pieces of Gambit loot... Logged off and went to go make dinner

...I don't know what all the complaints are about :hydra:

can you feel the glare

can you feel it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i got a wave... crasher? wave something yesterday

trace rifle

looked ok. i doubt i would ever use it

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Hmm, an interesting, if gimmicky build to go with one shot throwing hammers.

Kill Clip guns plus Skullfort plus Knockout Titan. Frontal Assault melee relods proc kill clip, and Skullfort ensures every melee is an empowered melee. Loses the utility of the heal, as bottom tree Striker heals anyway, but it's an interesting setup with certain guns.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    Chanus wrote: »
    i got a wave... crasher? wave something yesterday

trace rifle

looked ok. i doubt i would ever use it

It’s supposed to be super good

616610-1.png
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    That the gun the rest of us won't see for a year?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Yup. Apparently it destroys people in PvP.

hmm

interesting

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Does dismantling the Horror Story grant you any cores? I'm going to have a few hundred extra of the festival tokens by the end since I'm still doing the weeklies for cores, and I've already got all the hats. I'd consider holding them until next year but if I can get cores out of them...eh?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Playing gambit/crucible with randoms on my team is a dealbreaker to me these days.

You mean “at least for a year” which in native Bungie speak means 2-3 years, if Destiny 1 has anything to say.

Sirialis on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    We talking about wave splitter? The one with the weird oscillating damage? That has been like my only exotic drop since forsaken

Does dismantling the Horror Story grant you any cores? I'm going to have a few hundred extra of the festival tokens by the end since I'm still doing the weeklies for cores, and I've already got all the hats. I'd consider holding them until next year but if I can get cores out of them...eh?

i imagine it would since it's a masterwork weapon

also i dunno that i'd necessarily bet on the doodads sticking around all year or next year being the same setup

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I got two Exotic drops last night!

Nezarec's Sin and Transversive Steps

GG Bungo :rotate:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

the upside is a year from now it won't be relevant anyway! <3

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    i guess now that i've hit 600 i can stop doing a bunch of crap i don't want to do all the time and start, like, trying out different guns for funsies and stuff

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah! Ok so the best part:

So we were a 4-stack running Gambit. We're flying into a match, and one of us gets Rabbit'd, and we're on a streak too, so we're all like, damn. So we're still flying through space because we decided to take the scenic route, and so we send an invite to our friend to see if he can get back into the empty spot

Our friend says he's joining, then we appear in the Gambit intro room, and we have 4! Yay! But wait, our 4th is a blue guy????? Then what happened to our frie--he's joining the enemy team!?!?? Ohhh nooooooo

So us 3+blue precede to actually lose the first match to the 3 on the enemy team, as our friend is still stuck in flying/loading. Wow. We suck I guess?

He finally loads into the game on the enemy team for the second match (or maybe it was late first match), and we're joking that he should throw, but not really cause that's mean! But we're like "we at least won't shoot each other, etc." So second match we're playing, one of us invades the enemy side, kills the 3 randos, and he's like, "Sorry pal, I wouldn't go for you first, but since you're the last part of the Army of One-"

Army of One Triumph Achieved for my teammate!

Also, the final Army of One I needed for that Malfeasance!

We actually lost that match too, so our buddy got to keep his streak, but it was all totally worth it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited October 2018
    Malfeasance thoughts after like 3 gambit matches:

I usually run Bygones (Rampage/Outlaw/Richochet Rounds/Full Bore/Handling MW + Major Spec mod), EP Shotgun, Sleeper. The standard loadout for everyone really. So I replaced the Bygones with Malf and the Sleeper with the Crooked Fang (ok roll, could definitely be better there and I'd do better). Little shift in playstyle but I wanted to keep EP shotgun around for boss burndown and taking out big targets just in case during my testing.

So #1 thing is I can't imagine how bad this thing was pre-buff because even post-buff the damage feels a bit anemic in situations where you'd think it would shine. You pump 5 rounds into one of the big shielded enemies (not even the yellow bars) and the explosion just kinda tickles them. It does better against blockers but even there you still gotta pump a ton of rounds into them. The burst after 5 shots just isn't that impressive overall imo and you can feel the extra damage against taken but it's still not great.

Against invaders it definitely feels pretty good. Seems to completely negate the overshield in a fight (so it's like fighting a normal guardian in the crucible) and getting those 5 shots in gets the kill but getting those 5 shots in without getting killed is not easy, especially in Gambit because it's still a hand cannon and so the invasion combat is almost always done at distances that heavily disadvantage you.

Thing fires pretty fast overall though so if you can get in range and shoot things, the explosions come fairly quickly. Reload is HC slow though and since it's exotic there's no perks you can roll or mods you can use to mitigate that. You can blow your whole mag fast and if you didn't land 5 shots, you are in trouble.

General use in gambit from my testing:

Farming motes it does ok I guess. Still a HC so not the long range you get from a pulse but it actually does good HC damage. But as always, gotta land those precision shots. As I said above, it doesn't do enough to shields for my taste. It's basically a wash there and so ends up imo overall a negative because it doesn't have good red bar murdering perks like rampage/kill clip/outlaw/etc and you lose range vs a pulse.

Killing blockers it just isn't quite as good as I'd want. Actually better then shotgun against the phalanxes because you can more easily shoot around the shield and it takes 1 explosion + 1-3 extra shots. Knights are like explosions or so I think. Bit more or less depending on getting all headshots but no reload required. Ogres seemed to be a full clip + a bit to take down. And there in, with both knights and ogres really, lies the issue. Because clearing blockers is half of what the EP shotgun is for. And while Malf does better on Phalanxs, it's kind of a draw on knights and noticeably slower on ogres. Still good on both but EP shotgun fucking annihilates both of those blockers in like a second. And the difference in ammo is not that meaningful because you run a couple of special ammo finder and shotgun scavenger perks and 90% of the time you'll be fine for melting a few blockers.

On bosses it's actually ok. The damage seems, from what I can tell anyway, to be pretty darn good. Still nothing compared to EP shotgun but you can do it easier because range and no stomp to deal with. But again, not as good as EP shotgun.

And that's sorta overall my thought. It's a really solid gambit weapon. You give up using like Sleeper or Queensbreaker for it but with a good Crooked Fang or the like you will only suffer a bit during invasions and less then you'd think these days since the Sleeper nerf honestly. (the ammo nerf hits Sleeper pretty hard imo) The problem though is that it doesn't do good enough to actually change anything. It doesn't do the job EP shotgun can and so the question is, why bother? What's the point? You lose range on your primary and no exotic heavy and you are still gonna end up mostly running the exact same style. The opportunity cost here is not really good and that's kinda sad considering it's the Gambit exotic.

I think I'm gonna keep running it but it's still gonna be with an EP shotgun and a linear fusion rifle and I'll just see how it goes.

I really wanna try this thing in the crucible now though.

shryke on
    edited October 2018
    Guys I am not good with blink void lock. Like at all. I didn’t realize how much I rely on dodge reload

It’s super good.

I can’t handke blink or super nova. And somehow managed to get team sniper out of my very first nova warp netting zero kills

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png

the upside is a year from now it won't be relevant anyway! <3

Borealis is still a pretty solid weapon. I use it on Riven all the time.

The only problem with it is that it flinches like the most cowardly fucking thing ever born.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Guys I am not good with blink void lock. Like at all. I didn’t realize how much I rely on dodge reload

It’s super good.

I can’t handke blink or super nova. And somehow managed to get team sniper out of my very first nova warp netting zero kills

I'm really glad to have Blink back, but Nova Warps kit will take some time to learn.

I'm so used to being able to roll away and double jump, I die all the time to floaty jumps with downward momentum

Local H Jay on
    i've always said the thing i love about blink is they don't know where i'm going but also i don't know where i'm going

i try to dodge on my warlock like

pretty much every time i get shot by something

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So does the Malfeasance explosion proc for multiple people using Malfeasance? Like if it takes 5 shots to trigger an explosion and 4 of us are shooting, does it explode a lot rather than just occasionally?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    I may just try to use nova without blink, maybe just swap to blink when I super. Cause don’t even know how to approach corners with blink. Slide? I guess I Gould slide more

616610-1.png
    So does the Malfeasance explosion proc for multiple people using Malfeasance? Like if it takes 5 shots to trigger an explosion and 4 of us are shooting, does it explode a lot rather than just occasionally?

Yes.

The Drifter even has some cool dialogue about this when you finish the quest.

i refuse to believe the drifter has cool dialog

Using Wish 10 gets you some interesting Drifter dialog during Last Wish

vq2TEKC.png
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    I refuse to believe the Drifter doesn't have cool dialogue.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

"Fallen. I'd go out there with ya, but I pawned my Gjallarhorn. Shucks."

Idk, I love Drifter, but I'm a jerk, so his character really speaks to me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Warlock gets some flashy abilities for PVP to make up for being kind of butt at it in general.

That in turn makes them a class that is much easier to complain about than actually get a rockin' K/D with.

(There's a reason that when you scroll down the top Glory leaderboards it's pretty much a long list of hunters and titans even in this, the age of Nova Warp)

edited October 2018
    Good lord. Three nova warp uses. One kill. This is why I use night stalker. I hate ults. I’m literally worse with them than guns no matter how good they are

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    You don't really need to use Blink to do well with Nova Warp - the thing with all warlock jumps, including Blink, is that the distance traveled is determined by your velocity when you start the jump. So, you need to double tap jump to get height with glides because you're traveling fastest at the start of your normal jump. Nova Warp's blink is odd in that it travels horizontally only, but you can still make it move you very far by blinking immediately after you start your double jump; so double tap jump then hit melee as fast as you can to propel yourself.

Any agility or speed buffs you have also affect Blink distance and angle (but not height). I've found it pretty difficult to use post-nerf from d1, but the mechanics haven't changed.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    i try to dodge on my warlock like

pretty much every time i get shot by something

I have accidentally teabagged people while trying to dodge on my non hunters

Wassermelone on
    ugh the drifter is the worst though

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Drifter has answered some questions I didn't even know I wanted answered

Like "Which enemies taste the best"

The Drifter has answered some questions I didn't even know I wanted answered

Like "Which enemies taste the best"

The soft, tender, delicious milky pouch of a Vex hobgoblin... obviously.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of Phalanx Cheek, personally. Hard to obtain but so succulent.

edited October 2018
    Ok last update until things change. But 5 nova warp casts. 3 instant shut downs and two trades.

Kd while using an ults that whenever I play against Is an auto team wipe? 2-5

What the hell am I doing wrong? Keep in mind my kd in those matches overall is like 2.5. So these guys aren’t even good

I’m blinking and warping. Just as soon as I go to charge a warp I get team shot instantly

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited October 2018
    Somewhat related, and this post is a spoiler for the cult classic "Enemy Mine"
    my first thought when seeing this baby was:

What would it taste like?

alien-children-zammis.jpg

I... am the Drifter.

edit: Jeez, Disrupter... your nova warp success rate is almost Tether-tier.

tastydonuts on
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Ok last update until things change. But 5 nova warp casts. 3 instant shut downs and two trades.

Kd while using an ults that whenever I play against Is an auto team wipe? 2-5

What the hell am I doing wrong? Keep in mind my kd in those matches overall is like 2.5. So these guys aren’t even good

I’m blinking and warping. Just as soon as I go to charge a warp I get team shot instantly

Are you using Blink-Blink (i.e. the jump) or Nova-Warp-Blink (the ability during your super)? I've found better results with the latter. Also, still try to surprise people. Nova Warp destroys bad players, but good ones take more work. Despite how it feels when one is coming at you, Nova Warp doesn't make you invincible (as you've discovered)

vq2TEKC.png