As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I ran HRancor with just CLS. Put up 1.4m and was still at full health/protection (our guild has a 1.5m per member soft limit).

Man, it seems like not that long ago that I was struggling to put up 100k with my best team.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok so seriously. How do you fight the Nightsisters and win after the Zombie Rework? They are the most OP bullshit I've ever seen.

In the Territory War that happened over the weekend, I took my pretty strong Bounty Hunter team against them. One of the nodes was stacked with NS teams. Our opponent put like 6 NS squads all in the same node. I figured I'd be able to take one of them down with my BH. Since Boba's execute prevents resurrection, it seemed to me that BH would be a natural counter to the NS team. But apparently Zombie comes back even when you execute him. What's the point of execute if it doesn't work?

And furthermore, what team *is* a good counter to the NS team?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Heavy AOE is supposed to be good. Troopers. Maybe some group with Chaze, since that combo can heal, cleanse, and debuff.

Also, the Zombie always comes back, even from Nihilus. So use KOs that prevent res on the other Sisters.

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    I thought my game was messed up when random nightsisters kept respawning a while back! I used to steamroll them with my empire/sith team, now it usually comes to down to “how quick do tarkin and palpatine go, who gets stunned in the first round, and can we outlast the two freebie resurrections their team gets”.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Yeah the NS are annoying as hell now. I usually try to stun or disable the zombie, stun Mother Talzin, and then attack Old Daka. Kill Daka 3 times to use up the zombie revives and actually kill her. It's still touch and go though as a couple of good hits will plague on your toons and then it's a race to finish them before the plague starts killing your people.

Also like DD said Troopers generally wreck NS because they heal every time someone dies. Which for NS with their constant revives and deaths completely counteracts any plague damage.

• Options
    So if you use a trooper team, Deathtrooper's Death Mark ability counts as an execute. If you kill Old Dakka while she's death marked, is she still going to revive?

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I ran HRancor with just CLS. Put up 1.4m and was still at full health/protection (our guild has a 1.5m per member soft limit).

Man, it seems like not that long ago that I was struggling to put up 100k with my best team.

I remember when we would run through HAAT and everyone had to put up a few % just to scrape a win after the time limit.

Now my Wampanater team can plow through Phases 2-4 alone.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    We just got our first HAAT kill this weekend.

JTR was my MVP. Resistance team took out the last 25% or so of P4.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so seriously. How do you fight the Nightsisters and win after the Zombie Rework? They are the most OP bullshit I've ever seen.

In the Territory War that happened over the weekend, I took my pretty strong Bounty Hunter team against them. One of the nodes was stacked with NS teams. Our opponent put like 6 NS squads all in the same node. I figured I'd be able to take one of them down with my BH. Since Boba's execute prevents resurrection, it seemed to me that BH would be a natural counter to the NS team. But apparently Zombie comes back even when you execute him. What's the point of execute if it doesn't work?

I run a nightsister Area team and saw a boost in ranking after the changes to Zombie. I'm actually working to gear here now that I finally just got her to 7 starts. Went from having a hard time staying top 100 to being able to stay top 50 now.

I'll tell you, Empire teams with AOE or any AOE oriented team will easily defeat me. I on purpose stay away from empire/traya team which is the reason I can't go up more. I usually beat any CLS/Bastillas/Jedi Rey team on a regular basis. Now what is enteresting for Rebels team is Chewbacca is making it hard for me to beat some of these teams so if you are running them, considering adding him to yours.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Guibs wrote: »

I run a nightsister Area team and saw a boost in ranking after the changes to Zombie. I'm actually working to gear here now that I finally just got her to 7 starts. Went from having a hard time staying top 100 to being able to stay top 50 now.

I'll tell you, Empire teams with AOE or any AOE oriented team will easily defeat me. I on purpose stay away from empire/traya team which is the reason I can't go up more. I usually beat any CLS/Bastillas/Jedi Rey team on a regular basis. Now what is enteresting for Rebels team is Chewbacca is making it hard for me to beat some of these teams so if you are running them, considering adding him to yours.

For those teams, get a bunch of plague on Chewbacca and once you do, he'll fall pretty quickly and make the rest of the match significantly easier. Even better if you can pull of a stun before he starts wreaking havoc. Ever since I started focusing on him first and less on Old Ben or CLS, I can easily take those teams down.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »

For those teams, get a bunch of plague on Chewbacca and once you do, he'll fall pretty quickly and make the rest of the match significantly easier. Even better if you can pull of a stun before he starts wreaking havoc. Ever since I started focusing on him first and less on Old Ben or CLS, I can easily take those teams down.

Yep, this works but sometimes, if the other team has amazing speed mods, it's hard to pull off.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    Rebels teams will almost always be built for speed. Especially CLS and Han.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I love that for chex mix to function properly han has to be at a specific low speed.

I just want to crank him up and not worry about load outs.

hstr is such a shit raid.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I'm actually still pretty good at countering the nightsisters. I have kind of an odd team : it's Palpatine lead with Vader, Tarkin, Imperial TIE fighter pilot and Commander Luke. Luke and TFP are key. CLS can remove buffs and buff block the zombie. TFP has AOE buff block, which I try to balance with CLS to keep the zombie from pulling agro. Works fairly well if I don't get CLS stunned before he can attack.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm assuming you guys are talking about a harder event. If you're talking about Ghosts of Dathomir then I think it's super easy. I'm running 40+ Farmer Luke, Royal Guard, Talia, Clone Wars Chewie, and Jedi Counselor and I auto-fight it. It takes a bit of time, but what ends up happening is Chewie and Royal Guard are tanking everything, while Jedi and Talia are healing everyone, and Luke takes pot shots. Come back in 5 minutes and reap the rewards.

Edit - Also, side note. I noticed that sometimes when I recharge my energy with crystals it is 50, and sometimes it is 100. Is there any logic that I am not seeing?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    We're talking about facing Nightsisters in PVP.

As to your question, the first couple of refreshes are 50, then the price goes up.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular

As to your question, the first couple of refreshes are 50, then the price goes up.

Also it costs different amounts depending on which energy you buy. Like Cantina energy starts at 100 gems.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Ah, sorry! I figured I was misunderstanding the conversation.

Thanks for the gem explanations too.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Finishing up Shoretrooper, and it seems like the most "necessary" character to focus on next is Big Z.

Edit. On LS, I mean.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    After their downtime for maintenance today, keep getting one of two messages: service is weak/lost (it isn’t), or I’ve magically logged in on another device (haven’t). Is this a wait for it to fix itself deal?

• Options
    Game was still down for me around 15 minutes ago.

• Options
    Wow. Yesterday in TB (5-star), we had a platoon that needed not 1, but 2 Revans.

And the fleets needed 2 of the new bomber in one platoon, and 5 overall.

Not terribly surprised, but still. Wow.

• Options
    The moving target in TB is pretty unsatisfactory.

They need to stop updating platoons. If they want new characters to be required, they need to introduce new TB's with different themes.

It is impossible to "win" a TB because literally every time a new character is released, the target for the TB moves. That's one of the most unfriendly to player things that this game does.

• Options
    CG reminds me of Blizzard when wow first launched

It's like they actively hate their player base

• Options
    Does it seem really slow to anybody else right now? There just haven't been any events going on. Or maybe this is one of those times where events are happening, but I can't see it since I've already completed it. Whatever the reason - it feels like it has been like 2 weeks since anything has happened in the game.

That's a bad perception for players to have, even if the truth is different. There should always be something for players of all levels to do. And an empty event table is not a good thing. Heck, we didn't even get an Assault Battle last weekend, and those happen almost every weekend.

• Options
    Does it seem really slow to anybody else right now? There just haven't been any events going on. Or maybe this is one of those times where events are happening, but I can't see it since I've already completed it. Whatever the reason - it feels like it has been like 2 weeks since anything has happened in the game.

That's a bad perception for players to have, even if the truth is different. There should always be something for players of all levels to do. And an empty event table is not a good thing. Heck, we didn't even get an Assault Battle last weekend, and those happen almost every weekend.

It's a perception issue. They just release two legendary events in a row and very close to each other with Chewbacca and Raven. They enver actually had two big events so close to each other before. Raven's event finished just a few days ago.

November starts tomorrow, we'll have new daily login rewards. It will be interesting to see what it is and as it points us to what is coming up in regards or new releases or characters/faction rework.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I'm enjoying playing this game, but I feel like I miss out unless I log in every time I get the notification for bonus energy, thus making me seem like a jerk when I interrupt Netflix time with the GF to log in every four hours or whatever. A few things...

I unlocked Vader since the last time I posted, and he is a power house of a teammate. I feel like I've warped passed the need for the Phoenix team, because my team of Counselor, Luke, Chewie, Talia, Vader team is killing it, even the Phoenix teams because I can ability block with Vader and burst them down before their shield & taunt loop happens. Really enjoying the strategy I got going on so I think I'm going to ditch unlocking Phoenix for now because I think I'm passed the early game. I'm working on Scoundrels for the events because I just missed out on the Heist one for not having one, and I'm also upgrading Qui Gon for the sake of the Yoda event coming up. Are there any other requirements coming for that?

Also, fuck Galactic War sometimes. I don't understand why on the first track of fights it sometimes gives me two rounds of same-level enemies, and then the third is like level 80 enemy with all 80s Sith/Empire synergy team... what kind of balance is that? I shouldn't run into those opponents until the last track. I'm only level 53... :(

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Don't forget, you need a 7-star Phoenix team to fully unlock Thrawn. And Thrawn is the most versatile character in the entire game. He works on damn near every team.

I wouldn't stop building Phoenix.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    On the subject of balance, I actually think the game is the most balanced it has ever been right now. They have finally managed to move the meta into a paper-rock-scissors balance. It took them forever to get there. But it feels like we're there now.

It's certainly not like the old days where CLS dominated the meta and then RJT dominated the meta. It feels like there's enough counters out there now that there's not really a #1 top team anymore. For a long time Traya teams were top. But Chewie enabled Rebel teams to squash Traya pretty hard. But that doesn't mean Rebels are unbeatable. Vader teams and other Sith teams without Traya can still dominate Rebels.

• Options
    Don't forget, you need a 7-star Phoenix team to fully unlock Thrawn. And Thrawn is the most versatile character in the entire game. He works on damn near every team.

I wouldn't stop building Phoenix.

Oh shit... I guess you're right. I love having allies who have a Thrawn to complete mod battles I am not even remotely ready for.

• Options

November starts tomorrow, we'll have new daily login rewards. It will be interesting to see what it is and as it points us to what is coming up in regards or new releases or characters/faction rework.

Log in reward for November is supposedly General Kenobi, so I'm thinking a rework for him (at least a zeta ability), Galactic Republic synergies, and maybe some stuff for General Grevious and Separtists (but I'm not holding my breath on that last one)

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    My gear 12 7 star Grevious is ready for a rework.
    He’s been ready for a long time.
    :(

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    If they rework GK, I would be surprised. He's the best tank in the game with his current kit, and fits into almost any team.

But yeah, maybe a zeta.

I do think it's signaling something coming with prequal era squads though.

• Options
    There has been a lot of speculation about a Padme/Amidala event. People are suggesting that we will get the captain of the Naboo security force (the black guy with the eyepatch, I can't remember his name), and maybe one other Naboo character as a marquee, and then get Padme as a legendary character.

• Options
    There has been a lot of speculation about a Padme/Amidala event. People are suggesting that we will get the captain of the Naboo security force (the black guy with the eyepatch, I can't remember his name), and maybe one other Naboo character as a marquee, and then get Padme as a legendary character.

Hopefully his leader ability is giving everyone Zimas

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I honestly don't know that guy's name. I don't think they ever say it in the movie. I just call him Captain Eyepatch.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    edit: double post

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Captain Panaka?

• Options
    Captain Typho.

Don’t forget Ric Olie and Sio Bibble.

Maybe we get some Gungans too. Jar Jar. Boss Nass. Captain Tarpals.

• Options
    They need to save Jar Jar and release him on April 1st.