As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] This thread has suffered a catastrophic translight jump failure.

• chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    That thing runs MASC right?

It doesn't, but maxed out, you're running Assault levels of armor at 87kph with a 68 point alpha.

I would like to know more.

:)

Here's the thread with the build: https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/on1-iic-a-brawl-1xclb20-x-4xcsrm6-a-cxl360.12287/ It's a good late game mech. If there are vulnerable components, you will shred them as long as you're patient.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Every time I look at a KGC build I want to put a UAC/20 in the same side as a bunch of SSRMs and then just have a massive deadside I can tank with.

• breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular
    Battletech question
    My game is taking a very long time to load missions and such, I've kept my saved games to a low amount but is there any other way to speed the load times? I'm i ear;y missions and they are over quicker than it took to load the game sadly...

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    To my fellow House Kurita homies: this is a good mix to get your faction play on with:

https://youtu.be/yY7iGa4t9-I

Edit: actually just pretty good in general.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    To my fellow House Kurita homies: this is a good mix to get your faction play on with:

https://youtu.be/yY7iGa4t9-I

Edit: actually just pretty good in general.

house_davion_by_ghostbear3067-d8jhgqh.jpg

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni in his King Crab was getting prioritized over my dumb ass in an Annihilator last night.

It doesn't hurt I painted mine red with different shades of red.

What is all this talk of other houses? We're loyal FFR!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Can someone fill me in on this faction conflict thing? Its just normal faction play but I have to belong to one of these factions right?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Thanks for the help.

TBH I mostly wanted a Summoner because it's one of the mechs I remember. Not least from the Battletech cartoon, which is why I also want an Awesome and a Bushwacker at some point.

I ended up getting

Sun Spider-A Dakka
    Timberwolf-D All the D
    Linebacker-H Giant laser cricket
    Ebon Jaguar-C The one with the least confusing weapon mix
    Orion IIC-A Because one of you told me to

Also I finally killed a mech in my Hero Doggy. Turns out standing in the back sending ordinance at things that can't see me is my thing.

After I ran out off missiles I got brave and dead and spectated a lance matein the same chassis. He only had two med pulse lasers. I assume you keep the two in the CT and use the freed tonnage for more ammo.

Would it be a good idea to downgrade the pulse laser to small and then put in some more ammo?

Also, how do the Omnipod set bonus work. Do I lose the bonus if I exchange one pod, and is it worth doing to get a loadout you want?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Also, how do the Omnipod set bonus work. Do I lose the bonus if I exchange one pod, and is it worth doing to get a loadout you want?

a. Yes. You do lose that bonus. b. Quite a few times it is. Not always though.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

a. Yes. You do lose that bonus. b. Quite a few times it is. Not always though.

As to B, I'm currently eyeballing the Summoner-C and I'm wondering if it'd be worth keeping it with stock omnipods. -30% UAC jam chance with a -25% ballistic cooldown? Sounds pretty damned sexy to me. The actual hardpoints? A little less sexy.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    The Summoner has so bad hitboxes that it makes the Kintaro look good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    Yeah, there's almost no use to the Summoner. I've only seen comp players do well with it.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, there's almost no use to the Summoner. I've only seen comp players do well with it.

It can do okay as an SRM-boat (or even SSRM boat). Just don't let anything get under 100m of you: because of your arms, over half of your weapons will just criss-cross around your target.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited October 2018
    Played a few games in my 6D tonight, first game went well enough, second game was a nasty loss. Ended up quitting after the third game.

Didn't think I'd top 5 kills and 500+ damage and I wanted to end the night on a good note.

Nobody on
  • Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    So.. it's kinda become my thing to join the group... And then die spectacularly repeatedly.

Then after everyone is done for the night, I go back to solo queue in my MRM Blackjack and put up 800 dmg and a pile of kills.

I need to learn to.. hold my second-line position and be a good little fire support.

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Redspo0n wrote: »
    So.. it's kinda become my thing to join the group... And then die spectacularly repeatedly.

Then after everyone is done for the night, I go back to solo queue in my MRM Blackjack and put up 800 dmg and a pile of kills.

I need to learn to.. hold my second-line position and be a good little fire support.

Don't you mean, "Get back into group queue with just my girlfriend from Canada"? :D:D:D

Solo queue can be easier than group queue, because you'll run into less coordination overall, which means 1) individual skill can shine more, and 2) even a modicum of coordination (such as, e.g., more people following around someone of above-average competence) has a comparatively larger force multiplier effect.

• Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Redspo0n wrote: »

Don't you mean, "Get back into group queue with just my girlfriend from Canada"? :D:D:D

Solo queue can be easier than group queue, because you'll run into less coordination overall, which means 1) individual skill can shine more, and 2) even a modicum of coordination (such as, e.g., more people following around someone of above-average competence) has a comparatively larger force multiplier effect.

She's really hot, but you dont know her.

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Finally done with the Hellspawn grind and the buccaneer skins don't look great.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    14 more bags to go till I get the Arctic Wolf.

steam_sig.png
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    24 loot bags here. I dusted off my Black Knight and started to get the lead time calibrated for his heavy PPC. I'm debating going back to a dual heavy PPC build on it, especially since it seems harder to overheat these days. But I think I'm happier having large pulse lasers for when my aim goes to shit and I just want to point and shoot.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Dakka is great, and it's fun to switch to for some variety. But I'm going to stick to my two shots of 20 damage a piece with negligable cooldown for my main.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Dakka is great, and it's fun to switch to for some variety. But I'm going to stick to my two shots of 20 damage a piece with negligable cooldown for my main.

Funny way to say you're running lurms.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2018

Funny way to say you're running lurms.

2x Lbx10 in 1 salvo, 4x ml's in the other. I alternate between the two and switch to chain firing the MLs when the heat gets high.

Edit: unless I do something stupid and die at the beginning of the match it's pretty much expected that I hit a minimum of 450 damage each game, and that would be considered a hum drum effort. I regularly hit 5 to 600 damage and above with this and it's a rarity that I don't at least get 1 kmdd. I'm close to hitting a 2:1 KD ratio on my Warhammer with this setup.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    LB10s are still dakka.

steam_sig.png
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    So, now that I'm enjoying this game again, I may have made an impulsive bad decision.

Got the basic package of the Warhammer IIC. It finished off my Halloween goody bags, so I took an Arctic Wolf. And then I think it also qualifies me for the Clan Loyalty Reward in 2 weeks?

As much time as I put into this game, albeit sporadically, I don't feel too terrible about it. And I suppose whenever the Warhammer IIC actually comes out, it'll be an excuse to get back into the game again then too.

Plus I always had a soft spot for the Warhammer IIC from Mechwarrior II.

I just can't do the Warhammer IIC. How can you possibly make a loadout with it when Clans don't get heavy gauss rifles? Like, in my head, it's drawing an error when I try to envision a Clan Warhammer.

I guess you could go with twin regular gauss rifles on the hero...but that's kinda a death-nipple-lite version. Oh well.

Erlkönig wrote: »
    I just can't do the Warhammer IIC. How can you possibly make a loadout with it when Clans don't get heavy gauss rifles? Like, in my head, it's drawing an error when I try to envision a Clan Warhammer.

I guess you could go with twin regular gauss rifles on the hero...but that's kinda a death-nipple-lite version. Oh well.

Have you not heard the word of our lord Warhammer IIC-4? The word is Quad-SRM6 splat mech running at 78kph and with a backup array of 4 medium pulses. Bring the mobility of a medium and the firepower of an assault.

Have you not heard the word of our lord Warhammer IIC-4? The word is Quad-SRM6 splat mech running at 78kph and with a backup array of 4 medium pulses. Bring the mobility of a medium and the firepower of an assault.

Or the mobility and firepower of a Mad Dog. Sorry, Warhammers (to me) are all about the death-nips.

• monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Spent the night downloading on Monday, hope to get time to play... never?
    Mad Dog was always my favorite mech since the days of MW2, I assume I'll need to shell out real money to get it?

monkeykins wrote: »
    Mad Dog was always my favorite mech since the days of MW2, I assume I'll need to shell out real money to get it?

Nope! It'll only cost you the low-low introductory price of 11.6mil cbills. If you want to fast-track to it, hold onto your 5mil academy injection and you'll get it in no-time from the cadet bonus in your first 25 matches.

• monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    So... if matches last 10 minutes, that will only take (does advanced hyper-calculus) a year! :D

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    So... if matches last 10 minutes, that will only take (does advanced hyper-calculus) a year! :D

I'm not done with my first 25 games, but I think I had about 12mil at 10-12 games.
    There is some easy money to be had in the Academy. You get payed to run the tutorial.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Actually, 5-7 mins seems to be the average now unless someone decides to be a dickcheese and runs and hides when they're the last one alive.

steam_sig.png

Or the mobility and firepower of a Mad Dog. Sorry, Warhammers (to me) are all about the death-nips.

Except the Warhammer version has 25% more armor, 25% more sustain and an AMS on top of that. It's mostly equivalent to the Cyclops 10-Q in terms of offensive/defensive capability, but it's 25kph faster.

Except the Warhammer version has 25% more armor, 25% more sustain and an AMS on top of that. It's mostly equivalent to the Cyclops 10-Q in terms of offensive/defensive capability, but it's 25kph faster.

Hey, you were just talkin' about mobility and firepower. Didn't mention anything about survivability.

So what you're saying is that it's basically a heavier armored, (slightly) slower Mad Dog. That's not to diminish the mech (y'alls know how I feel about bringing out the glorious SRM36 splat-dog), it's just not what I'm looking for in a Warhammer.

All mechs are free, some variants cost money but aren't necessarily better. Mad Dog is on the low end of the high end free currency mechs and since its an Omni you won't have to buy several chassis to play around with if so inclined.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Friends, I managed to get the DakkaHawk up on top of one of those rock spires in Tourmaline Desert where I could see and fire on the entire opposing team.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I took the free Hellspawn and made it into this. So far I've only died in one game today and even in that one we won.

I'm using it to protect the assaults and LRM boats from lights, and to just generally support them with spotting and the AMS. At the end when hunting down the last stragglers the BAP helps out with spotting them and a pair of Streak-6's to the back is not a picnic. It's dumb, but it's working in Tier 4 so whatever. I tried running 4xStreak-4s but staggering fire for ghost heat meant that sometimes the lights were able to duck behind buildings before the second wave could hit.

My Hellspawn build

https://mech.nav-alpha.com/#ef5c3fb2_HSN-8P

Affectionately referred to as "MissileFucker"

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Dear Oosik Irregulars, Oosik Regulars, Oosik-Adjacent mercenaries, and support staff.

We here at Oosiks HQ regret to inform you that this thread has suffered a failure of its K-F Drive mid-jump, and is now lost to time and space. Blame the Tetatae.

You can find safe-haven at our sister jumpship thread found at this link.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no