As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited January 2019 in Social Entropy++
HALLOWEEN HAS PASSED.
AND THAT MEANS IT'S TIME FOR

JibsCWm.gif

Hail Satan!

SIGNUP deadline: November 14th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: January 31st, 11:59PM EDT. Your gift must be received by this time!

RULES:
1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:
Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2018@gmail.com with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER

Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS
Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

Example email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: Yes
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

As always, if your gift isn't received by the gifting deadline (January 31st), you will be banned, no exceptions. Once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 1-2 days of receipt.

We've had THREE YEARS OF PERFECT GIFTING, let's keep that rolling!

I may also require the services of a helper imp, mostly for sending additional PMs and coordinating some of the gifting chains. Hit me up by PM if you're so interested!

And as always:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me ( @Brolo ), the amazing @lonelyahava, or the wonderful @ceres . We'll try to get your problem resolved!

Thanks!

1. Brolo
  2. Marathon
  3. Raijin Quickfoot
  4. Blackhawk1313
  5. Cello
  6. Goose!
  7. Xaquin
  8. Bucketman
  9. DrZiplock
  10. KetBra
  11. Kadith
  12. Platy
  13. Perrsun
  14. DashD
  15. Skeith
  16. Lalabox
  17. Jimbobthemonkey
  18. BlakeT
  19. #Pipe
  20. . / plut
  21. crwth
  22. Rankenphile
  23. ILoveSlimes
  24. Naphtali
  25. Tonkka
  26. Veldrin
  27. Caulk Bite 6
  28. Muzzmuzz
  29. Straightzi
  30. Noggin
  31. QuickSnap
  32. LOST SALIENT
  33. Madican
  34. N1tSt4lker
  35. Okami
  36. Smof
  37. Nullzone
  38. Ladybug2332
  39. JayKaos
  40. TYNIC
  41. Fearghaill
  42. Goatmon
  43. fig-d
  44. grobian
  45. godmode
  46. slacker71
  47. Nogs
  48. Tofystedeth
  49. Lasbrook
  50. Ceres

Brolo on

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2018
    In like Flynn!

My ever changing wishlist that I need to update

Hi. Check out this list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Though Hurricane Michael has knocked us down, I refuse to let it dampen my Satan Spirit. I’m in as well.

EDIT: No longer a placeholder!
    Amazon Wishlist: http://a.co/c3tC0Lb

Wishlist Post:
    Hello Satan! I appreciate your generous spirit in advance of what I'm sure will be dark gift tidings visited upon me. I have practically every game system under the sun as I am a video game collector. That said the TurboGrafx-16 (PC Engine) and Neutopia 1/2 for it continue to elude me so if you happen across one I would be over the moon! Beyond that most of my focus is on my NES and SNES collections, though the only current thing I could really put a pin in as the current item i'm searching for is Mega Max X3 for SNES with a good label. Enough about the collection though. In general video game wise I have a PS4/PS4 Pro/PS VR, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch as the focus of my gaming endeavors, though I do play PC every now and then and my rig is still good enough to handle current gen. My Steam ID is the same as my username here. Beyond that I really have little idea about what I'd like, I'm a fan of all the usual nerd stuff. If you are buying shirts 2X is best for me, for music, my favorite bands are In Flames, Metallica, and Iron Maiden, though I have most of their stuff in CD and Vinyl. I'll try and add more stuff if I think of anything, apologies for my rambling. Hail Satan!

Blackhawk1313 on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I can't participate this year and that bums me out immensely. Being unemployed since *checks watch* a year ago has really put a damper on things.

But I'm rooting for you, Satan! Keep up the good work!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I can't participate this year and that bums me out immensely. Being unemployed since *checks watch* a year ago has really put a damper on things.

But I'm rooting for you, Satan! Keep up the good work!

It's likely Secret Saints will be going this year too! Sign up and GET GIFTED!

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I always love Secret Satans, count me in!

Edit: now with more wishlist and gift hinting goodness!
    Hello Satan,
    Hopefully you are excited that you have been randomly assigned to me,

I am a man in my mid 30’s and my wife and I have 2 boys (11 and 10). I include my kids, because we share many of the same hobbies. I like video games, and own a Switch and X-Box one. Ive missed most everything from Sony since the PlayStation 2, so that’s why you will see some of those items on my wish list, if you are crazy enough to splurge on such a way. That level of spending is completely unnecessary though. I also spend much of my time gaming on my PC, where I primarially play Overwatch and WoW with the SE guild.

I also love movies and comic books, although I don’t find myself with much time to read comics lately.

A few months ago I began running a D&D campaign for my sons and their friends. This has been really fun, I have most of the 5th edition books, but right now D&D is pretty popular around outr house. I also listen to all the PA D&D podcasts, which I enjoy quite a bit.

Hopefully this helps, if you would like any additional information don’t hesistate to ask. Also, if you have an idea that you think is cool but don’t see anything similar to that in my wishlist, go right ahead. I absolutely won’t mind getting something that you think is cool but that I might not have thought of.

Marathon on
    edited November 2023
    WISHLIST POST:
    Hey Satan!

Here are things I'm into:

These days, what I lack more than anything is time - I wish I had more time to spend on hobbies and gadgets and such, but between work and kids I've had to cut down on a lot of things I used to be able to do in my free time. If you know anything that lets you get more time efficiency... well that might be useful!

I'm also into PC gaming (you can check out my many threads about this), but I don't play games nearly as much as I used to. I do, however, spend a bunch of time in TaleSpire, my favorite virtual tabletop landscape-generation not-quite-a-game program. I don't really do much DMing or playing right now though. I'd love to do more with terrain and city building miniature stuff, but I just don't have the space!

I own a variety of high-powered 3rd-party nerf rifles, mostly things that use half-length darts, as well as some arrows by Zing and a few blasters that use Rival rounds. I'm at the point now where I'm pretty picky about which ones I hold on to, so if you know something cool in this incredibly niche market I'd be interested to see it, but I'm sorta past the point where stock made-by-hasbro Nerf products are useful (unless they're things already in my wishlist, of course).

jKUqMt2l.jpg

Lego Technic - pretty much anything from this collection is cool! (particularly any of the robots, electric ones or gear sets ones). Regular lego is cool too, although I don't have as much space as I'd like for large display pieces.

https://techwearofficial.com/collections/accessories
    I occasionally get weird and tacky mall ninja stuff advertised to me, that I find... intriguing? Some of these seem hilarious, and even if I can't really justify buying them for myself they'd be fun gifts.

Art books - I have a background in art and illustration, and I love well-animated shows, concept art books, like this and this. It's difficult to catalog all of the art books that I own already, but if you see anything rare or that looks really cool, I'd be happy to check it out!

I also enjoy novel maps and cool books about city planning.

Webcomics merch: Giant Days, KILL 6 BILLION DEMONS (own volume 2), Unsounded, Gunnerkrigg Court, Rice Boy/Vattu (own the first three volumes), and Oglaf. Merch from pretty much any of these are cool.

Videogames: I own a top-end PC, nothing else right now. My steam account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/japong/

T-shirt size: I'm a men's large.

Here's my Amazon list:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/registry/wishlist/2GRJMSH71MBM6/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_1

And a gifthero one with some more suggestions:

https://www.gifthero.com/list/87d55029-401b-47a5-81bb-4d22622d3798

VdnTDbQ.jpg
    YlX3UoV.jpeg

ALSO:

My wife and I now also have TWO children for some reason! Our daughter is 4 and half years old, and our son will be 21 months in December. She loves Lego, Mazes, anything with kitties/fairies/unicorns, he loves trucks and climbing. They both love books - she's now reading kids chapter books, he loves having small board books read to them.

If you are going to get a gift for the kids, please don't get her anything that's too large or that makes a lot of noise, we have a small apartment!

Honestly though, if you see something that you think is super cool and fun, chances are I'll like it too. I encourage you to go off-list if you feel inspired with a gifting idea. Surprises are awesome!

Brolo on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hi, yes

Edit: wishlist post ensues.
    Generally, I love nerd stuff! I have a PS4, Switch,
    ancient 3DS with a broken left shoulder button, and a little Surface tablet I can do light indie games on (though I'd prefer not to get Steam games given that I do most of my gaming on the other systems). I love comics and am open to new recommendations. Board games are great but don't get as much play lately. Gunpla or Star Wars kits are fun and I only have a few so far (Poe's X-Wing, a Tie Interceptor, and Duo's Gundam from Wing). I also have a vinyl record player and would appreciate more good stuff to play on it!

The big thing for me this year is moving out again (for the third time) mid-November. In the mad rush to leave America I had to throw off some furniture, and I'm trying to replace it. I'll probably add a bunch of prospective stuff from Wayfair and Amazon to my wishlist, which I'll update shortly.

I'm also open to some smaller decor (though less wall art since I have plenty of that to go on with). The Tech thread got me looking at Phillips Hue products which sound neat; IoT stuff is okay so long as it isn't super broken on a security standpoint; nerdy kitchen gadgets or cookbooks could be fun; basically, anything that could have a solid practical use around my new apartment would be phenomenal.

And if all else fails, I'm always down for jewelry, makeup and clothing. If you're going that route, I can give my sizing to an imp. Dresses that hit a solid rockabilly/business goth/40s-50s housewife vibe are always welcome, especially if I can either wear it with a petticoat or make it winter WorkSafe. I tend to aim for subtle nerd stuff for jewelry, though I wouldn't mind a brooch here or there for winter accessories. And virtually any holiday pack Sephora has going would be rad.

Hopefully that's enough to work with! Thanks in advance!!

(This is my Amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.ca/registry/wishlist/2H8D4238WMYVZ )

Edit edit: if you need to consult anyone directly for ideas on comics, games, wrestling garbage, etc., check in with @crwth, @Grey Ghost or @Blankzilla and they'll likely point you in the right direction having endured paragraph upon paragraph of me talking about my dumb hobbies; @Sassori can probably direct you on board games, makeup, clothes and other Girl Stuff

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2018
    Yes! I will be making a Secret Saints thread very soon!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I want to participate but also I am terrified that I would do a bad job and give someone a crappy gift.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm doing the thing!

Hi Satan:
    Amazon List: http://a.co/eSOhLh9

I like video games! I own a PS4, Nintendo Switch, and a gaming-capable Laptop PC. I prefer digital to physical media just because I have issues with space in my room. I also have a Kindle Fire and I have ebooks on that list, but in general I enjoy Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels.

I like sports! Yankees, Giants, Knicks, USMNT (Soccer) in that order. I own a Kristaps Porzingis shirsey and a Gary Sanchez jersey. Clothes are always good. I wear a size 3X in tops, 48 waist 30 length in pants/jeans, and 12.5 in sneakers if that's your thing.

I love old school JRPGs and most RPGs in general. FF series, Dragon Age, Fable, KOTOR, Undertale, Delta Rune. I've never played any persona or fire emblem games.

I have no known food allergies. If you do go the food route, I'm not much of a candy guy except for chocolate. Milk chocolate or chocolate truffles or peanut butter cups or cookies.

More later

Goose! on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I should figure out if I can do this this year.

Also, I just got my 10 year anniversary badge.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    !Signup

But seriously though here's a wishlist post:
    Thank you in advance for sending me things! We're not really a gift-giving family so Satans is usually the only gift I'll receive during the holidays and I always enjoy it!
    You should have gotten two mailing addresses. The Canadian one is where I live, the US one is a mail service right across the border that makes it easier/cheaper to ship direct from Amazon etc. If you ship to the US address, please be aware that I have to pay for every package I pick up there, so it will save me money if you can consolidate everything you send into one package. Right, onto the list!
    • I am a self employed graphic designer so I'm on my computer a lot, I recently built a custom PC for this purpose and I also use it to play video games and stuff (hash_pipe on Steam).
    • I also play video games on the PS4 and Switch. I play a bunch of Overwatch on the PS4 and my mains are Mei, Zenyatta and Tracer.
    • This year I became a dad, I have a beautiful and hilarious 9 month old son and enjoy parenting doodads and neat toys for the munchkin.
    • I have a regular 5th edition D&D game every monday night where I'm playing in one campaign and DMing another. DMing tools are very welcome as are any 5e Wizards books.
    • I like cooking and kitchen gadgets but I have too many to fit in our new small kitchen so unless it's on my wishlist maybe try something else.
    • I recently got into electronics projects. Nothing super complex like designing my own circuits or programming arduinos but I can solder ok and I build lamps and simple switches and so forth.
    • I also recently started building plastic model kits with my wife. Painting gear, nice tools, interesting kits all appreciated.
    • Please don't bother with clothes, it's difficult to find anything that fits me and if you send something cool and it doesn't fit it'll just make me super sad.

My amazon wishlist is here. I take care to keep it curated so anything on there is something I'd be very happy to receive.

#pipe on
    PIPE

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I want to participate but also I am terrified that I would do a bad job and give someone a crappy gift.

Don’t be afraid, with a wish list posting of some sort it really gives a bare minimum for you to work with. If all else fails, you can get them something they have on their amazon wishlist.

Best case scenario is you get matched with someone you are familiar with and/or you stalk the shit out of their post history (or have one of Satan’s Helpers investigate for you) and get your person something they will enjoy.

I’ve done this a fair number of times and I’ve always been pleased with what I’ve gotten and I hope people who received gifts from me have been happy with them. I haven’t been barred from participating yet, so I’ll take that as a good enough sign.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm broke as fuck this year but there's no way I'm not sataning

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I default to Amazon list always because I am terrible at gifting otherwise.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hail Satan. I am pretty poor but I would really like to do this this year. Will have to think about it.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yay satans! I need to pad out my list a bit. I had some more stuff on it but now it's small again, weeuoops

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to have to bow out of satans this year again also. I might sign up to get Sainted again cause the back half of this year has been very hard so far actually. Lots of stress and ups and downs and we just moved and I need to focus on gifting my friends and family some small stuff...

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    HAIL SATAN!

One of my favorite things all year!

Wishlist is in the sig!

edit: but in broader strokes, I really like cooking and woodwork

I have a good set of knives and am mostly set in the kitchen gear department. I could really use good wood working tools though! I have all the power tools money can buy, but I'm seriously lacking in things like hand files, good chisels, router bits, and the like

I also really really love Ike Reilly but only own 2 of his albums (Born on Fire and Hard Luck Stories). Also, on discogs, anything by Cracker is amazing, they have a bunch of promo material for dirt cheap. One of those things that's always on my radar but always gets pushed back.

I also just got a sausage stuffer!

Xaquin on
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I am allergic to penicillin. Please don’t send me moldy bread.

Further information in this post to be updated at a later time, but there's a wishlist link in my sig.

Edit: Here we go.
    Hello, dearest Satan.

First, an apology/warning that in years past I was updating the Amazon wishlist up to the point where I was actually receiving gifts, so if there's nothing good there, check back?

I love stuff from local hometowns, or stuff that is important to the sender. If there's a food/candy from where you live, that would be cool. If there's a movie or book or album that was/is important to you, send me a copy. One of my favorite things about Satans is getting to know another forumer, and making a new connection.

As far as electronics go, I have an Xbox One, Switch, gaming-grade PC, and PS4... though I don't have nearly enough time to play them to the extent I'd like to. My name on Xbox/PSN/Steam is also Perrsun, links to the profiles are in the signature if you want to see what kinds of games I've been playing, though you may need your own profile to view mine... the TrueAchievements link is definitely no-account-needed, and goes to Xbox, and has links for my other accounts from there. Despite a lack of time, I am very excited for Smash Bros Ultimate, and Kingdom Hearts 3 when that comes out. Steam account has a wishlist.

Last.FM link to see what music I've been listening to, though my wife is probably throwing off my data with her k-drama/HK-drama songs :pop:

Last year we also brought a baby into the world, so that was mildly life-changing. He's great, though. Just adjusting to being a parent.

From a personal standpoint, I work at the Best Buy HQ in MN where I... kind of enjoy my work? I don't know, it's training and technical writing, and I'm good with it, though I know I'm gonna need to push myself to advance pretty soon. I wear shirts that are sometimes L and sometimes XL, depending on the fit, and I have no idea what my head size is. I am a fan of scarves as my cold-weather accessory of choice, or any novelty socks you see fit to send.

If you’re an artistic-type, and feel like making me a new avatar to use here and on twitter and wherever, that would be sweet, and less money-costly.

Thank you, dark one, for the thoughts and efforts of the season. Thank you for existing up to this point, and thank you for as long as you will exist.

Perrsun on
    Perrsun wrote: »
    I am allergic to penicillin. Please don’t send me moldy bread.

Further information in this post to be updated at a later time, but there's a wishlist link in my sig.

Well now I have to replan my entire gift!

Lasbrook wrote: »
    I should figure out if I can do this this year.

Also, I just got my 10 year anniversary badge.

I got my "Ancient" membership this year. I appreciate that they decided after 10 they were done counting.

This was my 15th anniversary... In 7 years I will have been on the forums longer that I haven't.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Also - standard reminder that if you're using an amazon wishlist might as well make it a smile wishlist so that the charity of your choice gets a few extra coins.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Excited to do this again!

Hi Satan, here's some stuff you may want to know:
    • I live in a pretty small apartment so don't get me like a stuffed moose or something
    • Small men's shirts generally fit me well (though if it's a really small small, a medium is better)
    • I have a peanut allergy, so don't get me those
    • There's some general suggestions in my amazon that hopefully give you an indication of my broad interests
    • I like reading, and I like reading all sorts of books, so an easy thing is to just get me your favourite book
    • The logistics of shipping alcohol can be difficult, but I do like whisky
    • Get me some funky socks and I'll love you forever
    • I have a uhh... medium sized head?
    • I own a Switch and a gaming computer
    • Teeeaaaaaaaa

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail Satan,

I have a link to my Amazon thingy: http://a.co/1XvAKvO

I like pretty much everything. I mostly game on my PC (which is pretty good but does need new RAM that isn't budget RAM).

I have an Xbox One but its broken and I have been eyeing a Switch and or a PS4 (I really want to replay Kingdom Hearts), I also have a 3DS.

I like things from the heart so if you have a crafty talent, feel free to let your spirit for the season show!

I also collect enamel pins.

I enjoy reading as well.

I am allergic to bees. Please no bees.

I wear a big old shirt, sized 3XL Tall, or 4XL depending on brand.

I have really wide feet.

Bucketman on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Literally one of the things I looks forward to the most every year.

Well this and Secret Shamblers

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    HOWDY DOODY Y'ALL!

IMP AHAVA IN THE HOUSE!

I'm here to help with all your secret message needs!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hello, friend! Thank you for your dark efforts in service to this most wonderful holiday. Now that you've processed the excess of information you likely received in the match email, here's just a little more:
    I live in Japan, but I have a US address that delivers to my work here. You can choose whichever is easier for you, though I did not create an Amazon Japan wishlist, just the US one.
    Anyway!
    I like video games. I have a XBOX One, PS4, Switch, and PC, and I use all of them. I don't have a ton of games for the consoles, but if you're not sure if I have it already I'd have an elf get in touch.
    You can view my Steam wishlist here if you want to gift digitally: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/fullfathomdeep/
    I'd prefer NOT to receive fresh-made foods since they probably won't survive the trip and/or customs, though pre-packaged things like candy are okay. I'd also prefer not to receive clothes, though accessories like scarves, beanies, etc. are okay, in which case I'm a neutral colors kind of person.
    If you're a crafty or artsy person, handmade stuff would be great! I have very little to decorate my apartment with so any kind of stuff in that vein would be nice.
    Books are always appreciated. I tend towards fiction, but things like art books, comics, cookbooks, music books (guitar and piano), decorative books on topics you find interesting, all that kind of stuff would be cool. Also photography is something I'm not great at but looking at improving, so photography books would be great too.

Thanks again!

godmode on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This was my 15th anniversary... In 7 years I will have been on the forums longer that I haven't.

Two years for me to reach that point.

Old man.

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail Satan, this will be updated with my wishlist stuff fully by the 14th

Just so there's something: http://a.co/64ibmuW

Imma have to keep working on actual wishlists but here's an about me:
    I'm, a 30 year old male who just recently got promoted to be a Network Engineer for the local electric coop that is deploying broadband internet. I also just recently bought a house and am in the process of doing light renovations to try to make it feel like a home. So basically I'm a giant nerd who is suddenly cash poor and going through major life changes.

In general my favorite gifts to receive tend to be the ones involving the gifter's local culture or sharing something you personally like.

I'll put all the practical items I'm looking at my wishlists but here's some random thoughts:
    I like board games but my small group fell apart and I haven't built or joined a new one, so if you go that route games that appeal to people who don't normally play board games would be tops.
    I have a good PC (steamId is kadithdurim), PS4 Pro + VR, XboneX, and a Switch. I have been so busy that I have not bought any games for the past few months.
    T- shirts I generally wear a large, sizing up if the fit is smaller.
    I have no food allergies.

Most importantly I have two dogs: https://i.imgur.com/PxnDpXx.jpg

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm looking forward to updating everything I need for this after work tonight so i can get in there

Satans is always such a great time

Lalabox on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

I started doing this last year and felt the same way, but I ended up having a great time sleuthing out my target and assembling their gifts, which they seemed to like so hey success. Really the whole wishlist thing is a pretty good safeguard against crappy gifts.

I'll sign up proper in a bit, here for a second year!

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2018
    Please, please, please also list allergies if any. Peanuts, wool, strawberries, sunshine, whatever. Some people like to send food, not everyone might thing to ask or say, and I don't usually send food but in the event that I did I would super prefer not to kill anybody.

Ideally I would say do so in your email, but if you already sent that please at LEAST mention it in your wishlist post.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm in the "probably shouldn't spend money" camp but I also really regretted not taking part last year

Please send me girly stuff

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ah damn it, I just remembered our stupid tax laws make getting anything from Amazon US that much harder now.

Preemptive sorry to anyone who gets me.

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I am in again this year. I always feel a bit bad that I'm not as active on the forum as most of the others that participate in this, but this has been the best online community I've followed semi-regularly for the last... 14+ years apparently.

Link to suggestion post

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail Satan!
    It is that most chaotic and soul crushing of seasons once again. I do hope that the past year has been a productive one. Many souls reaped, and all that. Should you deem me worthy of your evil bounty, here are some things that I find of interest.

Regional cooking paraphernalia. I'm a chef and love to experiment with ingredients grown outside the PNW. Also cook books. I have no food related allergies, so home made treats are totally acceptable.

DOCTOR WHO!! I've been a fan of the show for years and absolutely love the new doctor.

Star Wars. Particularly Rogue One.

Books. I've been on a fantasy kick lately, but am always looking for good books in any flavor. If you think I should read it, I'd love to have a go.

I have finally joined the future and have a Steam account, the wish list is linked below. In terms of physical games, I have a PS2 and am willing to give a home to any older games. I enjoy playing RPGs, puzzle games, and fighting games.

I adore geeky jewelry and clothes. But I have an excessive amount of nerd tshirts. If you feel that you have found one that I simply *must* have, I wear a unisex L or women's 3x. Earrings, necklaces, and rings are weaknesses of mine. Also socks.

My board game collection is continuing to grow, and it pleases me to add new things to it. I will ask, no Cards Against Humanity please.

I'm also an avid tea drinker, but there might be a ban on receiving tea, mugs, and brewing equipment as gifts in my apartment. I won't tell if you don't, though!

Here are links to my various wish lists:
    Steam
    Amazon
    ThinkGeek

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png