As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    But we all miss Jon Fitch

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The UFC doesn't promote the lighter weight divisions the same way it does the heavier guys, so a lot of that is their own doing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Is Askren still a blanket fighter?

If so that seems like an awful trade for the UFC.

His last 3 fights have all been finishes. Though he's not fought in a decent while from what I can remember.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

"I don't drink alcohol...not much...not at all...compared to when I was younger"
    "I wanna outlive my children...of course, 100%"

• Options
    well yeah, thats what living death is

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Just popped in because I saw this from Perry.

So um.... its been awhile since I watched matches but, from this native, go Cerrone.

• Options
    wut
    um

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Is he actually Native American? Please tell me he's Native American. At least that way it's just super cringey instead of outright racist.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Even if he was native the movie hand over mouth shout thing is not native. We dont need a hand to make those kind of noises.

I also remember reading racist things with his name attached to it before.

• Options
    he is apparently 2% black and that apparently entitles him to use a certain word
    there is a youtube video where he claims this that i'm not going to post here

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    goddammit

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Man that video, wtf. I knew he was dumb but man. Turrible.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I was already rooting for Cerrone but this just adds a new layer to that.

• Options
    Is he trying to go full heel a la Colvington? Seems tone deaf, even for Perry...

On a brighter note, our thread's namesake is officially in the UFC. I always figured Dana was too much of a stubborn arse to let him into the fold. So this was a very pleasant surprise. According to the goof he's getting top 5 from the get go.

• Options
    So I have a buddy who lives in Belfast, used to live with my aunt as a kid as a foreign exchange student, he's kinda like a cousin or something. Anyways, he has a couple kids and one of them is in his early 20's now and moved to Liverpool. He contacted me a bit ago talking about getting into MMA and wanted to find a good gym and was talking about wanting to train with big name UFC fighter in the area. Apparently while out drinking he ran into the guy and some of his friends, there was an argument that spilled outside and they beat the shit out of him and broke his jaw. So yeah. Some fighters are really really shitty man.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    So I have a buddy who lives in Belfast, used to live with my aunt as a kid as a foreign exchange student, he's kinda like a cousin or something. Anyways, he has a couple kids and one of them is in his early 20's now and moved to Liverpool. He contacted me a bit ago talking about getting into MMA and wanted to find a good gym and was talking about wanting to train with big name UFC fighter in the area. Apparently while out drinking he ran into the guy and some of his friends, there was an argument that spilled outside and they beat the shit out of him and broke his jaw. So yeah. Some fighters are really really shitty man.

Yeah... It really sucks but there's always going to be a small-but-significant portion of the sport who are basically a bunch of asshole bullies being a giant group of asshole bullies.

• Options
    Man that's rough. So the fighter that beat your buddy up was the same one he was hoping to train with?!

• Options
    Campy wrote: »
    Man that's rough. So the fighter that beat your buddy up was the same one he was hoping to train with?!

Yeah. He kinda looked up to the guy. He's a good kid but sounds like he catches a lot of shit for being from Belfast, I don't know a ton of details. I'm kinda hesitant to name him but I'll say he fought for a title recently and he's in Liverpool England. Also my friend's son isn't a big guy. At all. I guess they knocked him down and just stomped him in an alley.

• Options
    I don't understand the idea of beating someone up when you're just some random person, but when you're an elite level fighter... It just blows my mind.

Well if the guy is still looking for some training by someone who isn't an enormous shitwagon, then there's always Jason Tan's MMA Academy.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Was this in August?

Because there is a video of an incident with a certain fighter who fits that description outside a bar getting into a thing with someone.

• Options
    Was this in August?

Because there is a video of an incident with a certain fighter who fits that description outside a bar getting into a thing with someone.

Yeah think so, have a link by any chance? Haven't seen it. Talked to his dad and all I know for sure is the cops are looking into it and they're pursuing legal action, acted though he couldn't talk about it a whole lot yet.

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hard to tell with the quality but could be it and there's more they didn't get on video. They broke his jaw and he was pretty beat up but he's fine now. Says cops are handling it.

Yeah watching it a few times I think I see him in the middle of it there, not the guy that's getting chased around though.

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    Hard to tell with the quality but could be it and there's more they didn't get on video. They broke his jaw and he was pretty beat up but he's fine now. Says cops are handling it.

Yeah watching it a few times I think I see him in the middle of it there, not the guy that's getting chased around though.

Yea since that seems to be the correct fighter and timing odds are that's the occurrence.

• Options

Yea since that seems to be the correct fighter and timing odds are that's the occurrence.

Yeah it's really bothered me, in part because I've known the kid since he was like 8 or something. He might be a bit of a drunken loudmouth today for all I know but he's nowhere near Till's size and they stomped him into the ground and broke his jaw.

• Options
    ADCC trials today, more good stuff from Renzo/Danaher guys. Gotta say again, the Danaher DVD sets he's putting out are amazing. Completely changed how I do heel hooks, attacking rear naked chokes, darce chokes, guillotines, just everything dude teaches I've seen I try and it's better then what I had been doing. (With the exception of the twister, 10P guys have that down.)

• Options
    Who woulda thought Jacare v Weidman would turn into a pretty exciting straight kickbocking match!

Also this weekend's fight card has me so excited.

KZ is my favorite fighter.

I love watching Cerrone.

Raquel has been a fighter I've liked ever since her stint on TUF.

And the rest of the card looks pretty good as well.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    How the fuck can Rizin afford Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Man, Cejudo must be pissed.

• Options
    Man tell me you all saw that knockout. Insane.

• Options
    Fight of the fucking year.

I am so sad KZ lost that. Especially since he could have just stood still for the last 10 seconds and the fight was his. God damn. 1 MORE FUCKING SECOND and he had that shit.

Hopefully his layoff won't be as long this time.

Regardless that whole night was amazing.

My man Cerrone got his win at least.

And I have a new favorite female fighter in Maycee Barber.

I swear I don't think I've seen a Mens 125 fighter look as strong as she did at 115. I cannot wait to see her fight again.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    U P D A T E D O P

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Shogun and JDS both got wins the other day in Australia.

Shogun looked pretty fucking rough in the first round, but he don't ever stop because Pride Never Die!

Also Jon Bois released five part documentary about MMA and UFC's rise and it's got cool production values, but I'm pretty sure is wrong about its central thesis so I'm not going to link it. It is making me write about it and MMA though so that's fun. I think the first two parts are pretty good about the beginnings of MMA though. And some of the highlight packages for fights are awesome.

• Options
    Yes, and...Yes, and... Registered User regular
    I just watched the first episode and I have to agree about the good backgrounder, it filled in a bunch of details that I hadn't been aware of, or only knew about in the most peripheral way. The production also really appeals to me, so I'm definitely going to keep watching.

• Options

• Options
    Did anyone watch the fights this weekend?

Legit some REALLY awesome and exciting fights. Most of the night was great actually. Look into them if you missed it.

• Options
    I half watched the prelims, but saw the main card the next day. Fantastic fights from start to finish.

Super pleased to see Gunni back in the W column. He looked a lot bigger this time out, hopefully he's gone back on his no weight cutting stance.