As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Even if they did, so what? If they try it and still hate it, at least their discontent is coming from an informed place rather than a general "phone games bad" sentiment. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Or are we mocking people who initially dislike something, but give it a shot anyway and find that they actually enjoy it?

reVerse on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Basil wrote: »
    The important thing is that we not lose sight of how bad d3's story is.

What a tragedy.

Still playing it for the first time, I'd like to know why it's considered so bad. I'm not saying it's amazing or anything. I am getting to the end of act 2 and it is completely a soft reboot of Diablo 1+2 at this point, hitting most story and setting beats with slight remixes (now you go through the desert city sewers partway through act 2 instead of at the start!). They BETTER not be sending me through the jungle to kill a corrupt ruling council next...

Do all the bad story bombs drop in act 4?

I don't really care about spoilers. Or you can spoiler text it if you want and I'll read it when I'm done.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The plot isn't super bad, but two other things are:

1) hammy dialogue, poorly written and poorly delivered
    2) excessive foreshadowing that makes you feel as dumb as the lowest common denominator

At least the x-pack pulls that off somewhat better.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah. D1 has a pretty simple backstory. D2 has contours of a bigger conflict, and uses the tech of time well.. short cutscenes which hint at things greater than what the player is aware of, and you only catch up right at the end.

Then D3 also has betrayal and corruption storyline that is exceedingly obvious, and they manage to both make the Nephalim look real stupid (Because you see all of them coming, but the Nephalim just happily lets all the Bad Stuff happen), and also makes all the Prime Evils look real dumb.

I'M GOING TO GET YOU WITH THIS MASTER PLAN NEPHALEM. YOU WILL NEVER SURVIVE.

(All Demons Explode)

THAT WAS JUST MY LOWLIEST MINION. YOU WILL FACE YOUR DEMISE NOW NEPHALEM

(All Demons Explode)

HE WAS JUST A COFFEEBOY!

(All Demons Explode)

NOW FACE ME AND DESPAIR

(Prime Evil Explodes)

Meanwhile the sidestuff, the little nuggets about the monsters and the lore, are actually pretty interesting.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

2) excessive foreshadowing that makes you feel as dumb as the lowest common denominator

Yeah I will say it lacks the more wry/sober feel of earlier ones, not that it was a bastion of glorious writing but y'know. The thing that just stood out to me as modern writing that wouldn't have been in previous games was when Kulle was cackling over having his body back and Leah sarcastically said "you're welcome." That's Saturday morning cartoon crap.

Even in comic relief, there's a subtle difference between characters like Gheed and Shen, it's not necessarily easy to point out but you can feel it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    If they try it and still hate it, at least their discontent is coming from an informed place rather than a general "phone games bad" sentiment.
    There's a lot to unpack here, but let's just do a couple of things.

First and foremost, the idea that people don't like phone games because they're uninformed is just silly. Lots of people have played phone games, and found they're not things they enjoy. Or, more commonly, that there are a very specific subset of games that work well for them on phones, and others that really don't. For example, I know a lot of people who primarily game on PCs/consoles who will play things like Dots, small puzzle games, or simple arcade shooters on their phones. But playing actual serious games, that expect 20+ minutes of uninterrupted gameplay, and are trying to do classic PC game things like have a story, etc., have none of the immersion or adrenaline that those things do on PC or console, and they don't touch those.

That last point is important. Blizzard's audience has for the most part, with the recent exceptions of HotS and Hearthstone, been brought up on long-form PC games, played in large chunks of time, with a lot of game time dedicated to story (quality irrespective), with in-depth mechanics and a lot of theorycrafting and strategy work. These aren't things commonly found in the mobile phone audience, and so they aren't generally designed into mobile phone games. And Diablo Immortal isn't just D3 on mobile; it's a setting between 2 and 3, so it's new content/story that you only get to play if you play it on mobile. Bear in mind that FOMO (fear of missing out) and collector psychology is something gamedev companies exploit a lot, and Blizzard more than most. So the only way you don't miss out on playing new Diablo content here is if you play it in a form and design you're really not into.

There are other things like the actual tactile feel of playing on a preferred device. Phone games do not have the same feeling of comfort for PC players that they have with e.g. wasd for shooters, mouse for ARPGs, console players have with dual analogues or the joycons. Visuals also matter a lot in Diablo in particular, and let's be honest, a tiny mobile phone screen is not the greatest way to present new enemies. Likewise, the controls being used here are on the touchscreen, which is one of those things that is a lot easier if you have a big phone, or small fingers. Anyone with either a small screen or big fingers knows how frustrating it is to try and get a mobile to realise what bit of the screen you're touching even on things like the keyboard; now take that bit of fun, and add it to having to try and use an ability quickly when you're about to die. I'm not saying that it can't be done on mobile, and I expect people who've grown up on mobile will be quite good with it, but for the big Blizzard audience here, these things aren't really opinions of the "uninformed" masses. People have a good general idea about their desired experiences.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    90% of the people bitching about immortal are going to download it and try it out when it's available.
    No.

I think yes actually

2x39jD4.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    If they try it and still hate it, at least their discontent is coming from an informed place rather than a general "phone games bad" sentiment.

First and foremost, the idea that people don't like phone games because they're uninformed is just silly.

Diablo Immortal is not out yet, so people do not and cannot have an informed opinion about it. In lieu of such, they react based on their general feeling towards phone games.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

First and foremost, the idea that people don't like phone games because they're uninformed is just silly.

Diablo Immortal is not out yet, so people do not and cannot have an informed opinion about it. In lieu of such, they react based on their general feeling towards phone games.

Don't forget also based on firsthand accounts about how terrible the developer that made Immortal is.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    Have a look at the groups who hated the concept of PUBG mobile, Fortnite mobile, etc.

They watched bits on Twitch, continued to say "wtf is this shit," and then continued playing the PC game and ribbing on BlueHole/Epic. That won't even show up on the Android store as 'downloaded'.

(which is not to say Immortal is going to fail; very hard to gauge that)

And also the much greater volume of information of how they've enjoyed playing Diablo and whether a phone is capable of fulfilling that. Consider, for example, if Marvel announced Avengers 4 as 'coming to mobile, but not cinemas or dvd/digital!' You could still say, "well, you don't know you won't enjoy watching it on mobile rather than a 30 metre screen with 8 surround sound speakers," but that's winning an award for being technically correct, the best kind of correct.

edited November 2018
    Waveform wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to the Witch Doctor. He's the only D3 class not represented here.

blizzard probably realized he was wildly racist
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to the Witch Doctor. He's the only D3 class not represented here.

Plus they probably figured they can drop it now that they have Necro to do the same "job".

A little from column A, a little from column B.

I think if Blizzard actually cared about the witch doctor being Problematic they would say that and while I'd still be annoyed at my favorite character getting cut it would also be a fair point

But they also just announced a hearthstone expansion based entirely around their race of blue skinned tusky witch doctors (and isnt the new wow expansion very troll heavy?) so I don't think there is any reason to believe its anything besides the witch doctor and necromancer being fundamentally the same character archetype but the necromancer brings the D2 nostalgia boys to the yard even though the witch doctor is a million times cooler

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

And also the much greater volume of information of how they've enjoyed playing Diablo and whether a phone is capable of fulfilling that. Consider, for example, if Marvel announced Avengers 4 as 'coming to mobile, but not cinemas or dvd/digital!' You could still say, "well, you don't know you won't enjoy watching it on mobile rather than a 30 metre screen with 8 surround sound speakers," but that's winning an award for being technically correct, the best kind of correct.

I feel like it’s like George R. R. Martin got up at GameofThromesCon that people had spent hundred or thousands of dollars to attend, and the climax of the keynote speech was announcing that the next A Song of Ice and Fire book was ready to publish: a romance written by Stephanie Meyer.

It’s kind of fun trying to imagine comparable lead balloons.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    This Diablo Immortal conversation is awkward when you're in the camp that yes gamers are terrible but mobile gaming is more often than not a microtransaction-laden hellscape.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    its tough because im really cool so dont mind me im just gonna jam out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxg5W5wKvLE

something interesting to note is the sound of the town music in torchlight 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRj3mxlKA&t=141s

(at 2:21 if link doesnt work)

thats what it woul dhave sounded like if matt uelman had decided to pastiche himself for d3 >:O

what is sad for me is that the best thing about the older soundtracks was his strange (and pretty goth) habit of using electric guitars in strange places. he dropped that successively for torchlight 1 and 2 with more focus on other instruments and continued to use his interesting drum setups, but bring back the cheesy leads matt >:(

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If my experience with mobile games is any indicator I expect DI to look like this.

“You have reached your maximum number of taps for the day. Your screen taps will recharge in 24 hours.

Would you like to buy a Caine’s Herbal Tea to reatore 1k taps for 900 Caine Buxs?”

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    yeah fuck gamers I dig it but also I see no need to trip over myself to defend the honor of a massive corporation as they attempt to cash in on the Chinese market

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    yeah fuck gamers I dig it but also I see no need to trip over myself to defend the honor of a massive corporation as they attempt to cash in on the Chinese market

Plus gamers may be a strange crowd--I mean Blizzard has a convention where people pay to be fed marketing pitches--but Blizzard encourages this. You live by the sword you die by the sword and all that. Blizzard has these rabid fans who love everything Blizzard and Blizzard happily monetizes this relationship. These kinds of fans can turn on you when you let the mask slip behind which you are a bog standard soulless megacorp.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Yeah I will say it lacks the more wry/sober feel of earlier ones, not that it was a bastion of glorious writing but y'know. The thing that just stood out to me as modern writing that wouldn't have been in previous games was when Kulle was cackling over having his body back and Leah sarcastically said "you're welcome." That's Saturday morning cartoon crap.

Even in comic relief, there's a subtle difference between characters like Gheed and Shen, it's not necessarily easy to point out but you can feel it.

I'm curious, are you playing it undocked or docked with a controller of some sort?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    Okay wow, so I have been exposed to some of the extreme Gamer™ rhetoric going on with Diablo Immortal and I need a moment.

Look, it's okay to be disappointed with an announcement. Hell, I was disappointed. But you have to have some perspective, or at least take care in how you frame your disappointment, because I'm seeing a LOT of entitled type arguments. One of them literally says Blizzard is "not entitled to my phone." What does that even MEAN?!

I get it; people are starved for more main Diablo content. Diablo 4, a Diablo 3 content update, and that rumored Diablo 2 Remaster. There's the disappointment from that, then there's the fact Blizzard added pre-hype to this whole thing a week or two ago. I'm not down on mobile games in theory; they are video games and anyone who says otherwise is being a shitty nerd gatekeeper. But in practical terms, mobile as a platform has design implications (controls, memory, size) and monetization implications (GACHA). So when people hear Diablo on Mobile, they're going to apply those known qualities in their imagination of what it'll be (even when you show footage, it will reinforce the realities). But for fuck's sake, at the end of the day...

If you don't like what you see? Don't buy it, don't download it if it's free. And move the fuck on.

Oh, that isn't even the best of it. There are people so off the deep end that they're peddling conspiracies that Blizzard is mass deleting dislikes, reuploading videos to try and hide dislikes, and the latest I've seen is that they paid Google to have the Youtube algorithm do it. These people are also all Gooblegorter, MRA, alt-right types so no surprise that people this absolutely assblasted about this were already the most fragile crybabies on the internet.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I will say this much, I think having the last showcase of BlizzCon being dedicated to a Diablo mobile game was an incredibly, fantastically fucking idiotic decision on Blizzard's part. I mean the last showcase for these types of events should be a high note, but mobile games are never meet with the same enthusiasm as traditional games. At best fan reactions to mobile game announcements are a solid, "Eh, guess it looks like a fine enough time waster" to a worst case being. . . well being this. A BlizzCon showcase was the wrong place and time to announce something like this.

As to the game itself, eh, I mean it'll likely be your typical mobile game. Take it or leave it. Ultimately no skin off my nose.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Okay wow, so I have been exposed to some of the extreme Gamer™ rhetoric going on with Diablo Immortal and I need a moment.

Look, it's okay to be disappointed with an announcement. Hell, I was disappointed. But you have to have some perspective, or at least take care in how you frame your disappointment, because I'm seeing a LOT of entitled type arguments. One of them literally says Blizzard is "not entitled to my phone." What does that even MEAN?!

I get it; people are starved for more main Diablo content. Diablo 4, a Diablo 3 content update, and that rumored Diablo 2 Remaster. There's the disappointment from that, then there's the fact Blizzard added pre-hype to this whole thing a week or two ago. I'm not down on mobile games in theory; they are video games and anyone who says otherwise is being a shitty nerd gatekeeper. But in practical terms, mobile as a platform has design implications (controls, memory, size) and monetization implications (GACHA). So when people hear Diablo on Mobile, they're going to apply those known qualities in their imagination of what it'll be (even when you show footage, it will reinforce the realities). But for fuck's sake, at the end of the day...

If you don't like what you see? Don't buy it, don't download it if it's free. And move the fuck on.

Oh, that isn't even the best of it. There are people so off the deep end that they're peddling conspiracies that Blizzard is mass deleting dislikes, reuploading videos to try and hide dislikes, and the latest I've seen is that they paid Google to have the Youtube algorithm do it. These people are also all Gooblegorter, MRA, alt-right types so no surprise that people this absolutely assblasted about this were already the most fragile crybabies on the internet.

Soros hired crisis actors to pretend to be Blizzard, THEY'RE TURNIN' THE FROGS GAY

edited November 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Soros hired crisis actors to pretend to be Blizzard, THEY'RE TURNIN' THE FROGS GAY

I'd be fucking lying if I said I wasn't sorely tempted to try and float a conspiracy theory that there's a secret Youtube server in a pizza place near Blizzard HQ that Jeff Kaplan has personal access to. Pretty much the only thing holding me back is the depressing reality that there's a chance that one of those psychopaths would end up shooting one up.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Plus they probably figured they can drop it now that they have Necro to do the same "job".

I think if Blizzard actually cared about the witch doctor being Problematic they would say that and while I'd still be annoyed at my favorite character getting cut it would also be a fair point

But they also just announced a hearthstone expansion based entirely around their race of blue skinned tusky witch doctors (and isnt the new wow expansion very troll heavy?) so I don't think there is any reason to believe its anything besides the witch doctor and necromancer being fundamentally the same character archetype but the necromancer brings the D2 nostalgia boys to the yard even though the witch doctor is a million times cooler

I am a self-described D2 necro fan but now that I think about it, what I actually loved was his spells and playstyle, the character design was pretty whatever. If witch doctor had just been the D2 necro mechanically I probably would have liked playing it more. I slso never did pay out for the D3 necro, wasn't enjoying D3 enough to microtransact it, but I assume he doesn't play a thing like the D2 version.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    So if I'm starting a season character right now and going through story mode on the Hard difficulty (a misnomer but it's too late to change it now), will I have enough time to get my 6-piece set or should I just chill out and try again next season? I'm enjoying the story so I'm going to play it out regardless.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Ultimately what wrong here was this was a dead year for blizzard, with the most exciting things to show at their convention being apparently a remaster of warcraft 3 and a licensed diablo mobage, and they should not have been pushing a hype narrative about there being a bunch of big diablo announcements coming because that blew the f up in their faces.

I actually wonder if they had another announcement than d3 on switch and the mobile thing that they had to pull after they started their marketing. Maybe that rumored Netflix show exists but they ran into some disagreement with Netflix about announcing it at blizzcon.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ultimately what wrong here was this was a dead year for blizzard, with the most exciting things to show at their convention being apparently a remaster of warcraft 3 and a licensed diablo mobage, and they should not have been pushing a hype narrative about there being a bunch of big diablo announcements coming because that blew the f up in their faces.

But

But that's literally the exact opposite of what they did. Am I missing something here? They made an announcement explicitly saying "don't get too excited, you'll have to be patient for any big Diablo news"

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

But

But that's literally the exact opposite of what they did. Am I missing something here? They made an announcement explicitly saying "don't get too excited, you'll have to be patient for any big Diablo news"

No you see that's them secretly dropping hints at a huge announcement. They didn't want D4 to leak beforehand so they threw you that curveball.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

But

They did, but also Diablo had most of the reserved space on the showfloor, there were whispers of Diablo news coming, the Diablo portion of the opening ceremony was last which is typically the slot with the biggest announcements...

Explicitly saying "No Diablo 4" while hinting at a big Diablo announcement in every other possible way was bound to get peoples' hopes up. Blizz did this to themselves.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Oh awesome, apologists turning into political garbage, too?

Fuck off with your boner for conservative baiting. And conspiracy theories? They literally took down the trailer to reupload.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

But

They did, but also Diablo had most of the reserved space on the showfloor, there were whispers of Diablo news coming, the Diablo portion of the opening ceremony was last which is typically the slot with the biggest announcements...

Explicitly saying "No Diablo 4" while hinting at a big Diablo announcement in every other possible way was bound to get peoples' hopes up. Blizz did this to themselves.

They didn't explicitly say "No Diablo 4" they said the announcement wasn't going to be as big as people were wanting. People, rightfully, took this as "No Diablo 4" but then they made up a ton of expectations about things they wanted it to be. Blizzard didn't do this to themselves. Especially in hindsight, they could have said nothing but they specifically were setting up this announcement knowing it wasn't the news everyone wanted. People just didn't listen.

Also, to be fair, the Diablo Immortal announcement was the biggest announcement of the show. It being the only "new" game. Let's face it, this year's Blizzcon was basically an off year.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Well.. It's also about netease

This translation of a Chinese post was on reddit
    >"In China, we call net ease as "pig farm"
    >which mean, they do not treat player as normal human but pigs. 
    >If EA is like a 2 out of 10, Netease is -2859
    >
    >The funny thing is, in NA, players hate the mobile game.But in China, we are ok with mobile game, but we are not OK with Netease mobile game. Thats how bad it is."

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular

But

They put out the hype video first, telling everyone about their multiple Diablo projects. Then they saw Reddit and thought "oh shit, everybody thinks we're going to announce D4 at Blizzcon, we better downplay this." But they still had to play coy about what they were really announcing as is their way, and so they left it to people's imagination what it was. Naturally people started guessing it was something other than D4 but still exciting, like a remaster or D3 class. They should have just come out and said specifically that it was a mobile game but more is coming later.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

But

They put out the hype video first, telling everyone about their multiple Diablo projects. Then they saw Reddit and thought "oh shit, everybody thinks we're going to announce D4 at Blizzcon, we better downplay this." But they still had to play coy about what they were really announcing as is their way, and so they left it to people's imagination what it was. Naturally people started guessing it was something other than D4 but still exciting, like a remaster or D3 class. They should have just come out and said specifically that it was a mobile game but more is coming later.

And preemptively announce the only "new" game at their yearly show where they announce new things?

Okay, that was never going to happen.

I am a self-described D2 necro fan but now that I think about it, what I actually loved was his spells and playstyle, the character design was pretty whatever. If witch doctor had just been the D2 necro mechanically I probably would have liked playing it more. I slso never did pay out for the D3 necro, wasn't enjoying D3 enough to microtransact it, but I assume he doesn't play a thing like the D2 version.

I played necro for a season and my feeling is that the D3 Necro doesn't play much like D2 necro but rather he plays more like the witch doctor but with extreme qol improvements when it comes to pet control

He has some melee focused skills, and a couple of his old standbys, but a lot of what I remember being popular builds in D2 you can't do in D3 with the same level of effectiveness because Blizzard had already decided they didn't like those parts of the necromancer kit which is why they made the witch doctor instead of just bringing the necromancer back

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

>
    >The funny thing is, in NA, players hate the mobile game.But in China, we are ok with mobile game, but we are not OK with Netease mobile game. Thats how bad it is."

It's also not helping that people suspect that Immortal is a lazy reskin of two previous NetEase mobile games, Endless of God and Crusader of Light. While this may not be strictly true, there are enough superficial similarities when you compare them against eachother that fans already angry at the announcement will certainly run away with it.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »

But

And preemptively announce the only "new" game at their yearly show where they announce new things?

Okay, that was never going to happen.

Maybe, but that's why they have this situation, which is a lot worse than diminished hype on a game that didn't receive any hype anyway.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Kreutz wrote: »
    So if I'm starting a season character right now and going through story mode on the Hard difficulty (a misnomer but it's too late to change it now), will I have enough time to get my 6-piece set or should I just chill out and try again next season? I'm enjoying the story so I'm going to play it out regardless.

I don't think it's too late. You have over a month to complete the Season's Journey, and I'm pretty sure you can change difficulty almost at will. Want it harder, exit to the main menu, choose Game Options, and you should be able to change difficulty. You can also lower the difficulty anytime you want while in the game.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |

>

This got me curious as to who Netease even is so some quick googling later and:
    NetEase operates some international online games in Mainland China, including World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, StarCraft II, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Overwatch.
    Oh
    http://diablo.somepage.com/news/2096-freetoplay-diablo-iii-arrives-in-china
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So basically Netease takes Blizzard games, alters them as necessary for China, and then tacks as much MtX on top of them as possible because apparently those are super popular in China for some reason? I highly suspect the meeting where they decided this would be a good idea to treat like a big announcement was the same one where they decided to book Train because yikes.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    90% of the people bitching about immortal are going to download it and try it out when it's available.
    No.

I think yes actually

What is the point of this? It reads like it's supposed to be a smug burn at people unhappy about the announcement. But it doesn't actually make sense as such:

"Ha, you're enough of a fan of Diablo and/or open minded enough to actually try* something even though you think it's gonna suck!". (*that will most likely be free to try)