As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    For a few minutes there, Bodyguard episode 4
    made me believe they had just killed off both of their leads in the middle of the season.

Like, holy shit.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    made me believe they had just killed off both of their leads in the middle of the season.

Like, holy shit.
    There's about 60 minutes across episodes 3 and 4 where I swerved from "Holy shit the protagonist's the bad guy" to "Holy shit the protagonist's the good guy and just shot himself!"

I thought the POV was going to shift to Sharma and/or Rayburn.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Not sure those cars are period accurate, pretty disappointing

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
    Kevin Can Fuck Himself is in development at AMC. Comedy show about a sitcom wife who realizes she's a sitcom wife, the supporting character in her own life, and is upset

Created by Valerie Armstrong (SEAL Team)
    Executive produced by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack

That's a hell of a concept.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Like, holy shit.
    There's about 60 minutes across episodes 3 and 4 where I swerved from "Holy shit the protagonist's the bad guy" to "Holy shit the protagonist's the good guy and just shot himself!"

As much as I enjoyed the back half I still think this would have been a great move

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

Like, holy shit.

As much as I enjoyed the back half I still think this would have been a great move

Ending spoilers
    I'm tempted to ask, "which part?" but I think I know what you're talking about and yeah, I get it. I was really impressed when I thought that had happened. But I was also really, really glad the show had a clean, happy ending after all the shit Budd had gone through.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Like, holy shit.

Ending spoilers
    I'm tempted to ask, "which part?" but I think I know what you're talking about and yeah, I get it. I was really impressed when I thought that had happened. But I was also really, really glad the show had a clean, happy ending after all the shit Budd had gone through.

I tell you this though, going week to week rather than having the next episodes just right there really racked up the tension even more.

7qmGNt5.png
    Yeah, I can imagine the wait after episode 3 must've been excruciating.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Okay, damn. Bodyguard was a fucking ride.

What do I watch next?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Just watched the first three episodes of season 2 of Riverdale with the same friend I'm watching through the show with:
    I felt nothing when Ms. Grundy died. Even a little bit of relief cause she was totally molesting another teenage boy. Goodbye.

I almost upended my coffee table when Kevin got stabbed, before it was revealed to be a thought in Kevin's head.

Cheryl lying to help Jughead was nice, but goddamn judge she obviously pulled that out of her ass.

I'm disappointed that after showing that the Southside high school wasn't that bad in the first season, they decided to make it a gang filled hellhole for most people.

Hiram is a monster. Hermione has fallen very quickly from a favorite character to least favorite.

I audibly yelled at the screen when Moose got shot. Show keeps on letting him get hurt.

Archie, starting a goddamn militia isn't the way to handle this. Neither is filming a terrorist threat video. Even if you are surrounded by oiled up, muscly men.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Making my way through Sabrina, and while I don't think it's a slog, having every episode be an actual hour long instead of the TV-version of 42-43 minutes isn't working for me.

sig.gif
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's ridiculous how good The Good Place is

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Maniac update: the waitress with hyperthermia is surrounded by visible heat distortion. What a weird, delightful choice.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Kevin Can Fuck Himself is in development at AMC. Comedy show about a sitcom wife who realizes she's a sitcom wife, the supporting character in her own life, and is upset

Created by Valerie Armstrong (SEAL Team)
    Executive produced by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack

That's a hell of a concept.
    I really hope they cast the actress who got fired from Kevin Can Wait to make room for Leah Remini.

edited November 2018
    One to watch when it shows up elsewhere is The Little Drummer Girl, from the same house that did The Night Manager last year (2 years ago?) and directed by Park Chan Wook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZZ0oXsuQQ

It's got a stacked cast and as of episode 2, Florence Pugh is knocking it out of the park with one of the best newcomer performances I've ever seen. Plus it is full of amazing 70s fashion to moon over.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Finally finished the second season of American Vandal and man that was fantastic, even better than the first one

It's disappointing that Netflix cut it off but it's a pretty perfect final statement for the series

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am watching this first episode of Bodyguard. I want the main guy's jacket that he is wearing on the train at the start.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Holy fucking shit episode 4 of bodyguard

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    about to start s2e7 of Castlevania

I will report back

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    about to start s2e7 of Castlevania

I will report back
    Begin.

CYpGAPn.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Castlevania has to be the best video game adaptation right?

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Andrew Lincoln and the character of Rick Grimes are no longer part of The Walking Dead as of tonight

except wait, no, the opposite of that

6F32U1X.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll watch at least one Walking Dead movie.

Give it a shot I guess.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    that was the most metal angsty gothy shit I have ever seen

YaYa on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Got sidetracked for a bit, but I’m back to watching The Americans. It’s so good.

One question re: season 2 onwards
    Do they ever return to the marriage breakup plot from season 1? Because that was definitely the one thing I’ve enjoyed the least in this show so far.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Give it a shot I guess.

but...................why, though

Veldrin wrote: »
    Got sidetracked for a bit, but I’m back to watching The Americans. It’s so good.

One question re: season 2 onwards
    Do they ever return to the marriage breakup plot from season 1? Because that was definitely the one thing I’ve enjoyed the least in this show so far.

I don't think so, no

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Someone tell me what happened in the episode.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Give it a shot I guess.

I like zombies and there's a chance it might be decent?

I dunno

There's a chance it might be decent?

6F32U1X.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    In the infinite multiverse all things are possible.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yeah but we're stuck in this shitty one.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I think they can do much better as a movie rather than a bunch of episodes they need to fill.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It’s not a movie though, it’s three movies, so there’s still stuff they need to fill

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Give it a shot I guess.

I like zombies and there's a chance it might be decent?

I dunno

the weakest link goodbye voice: raijin, you ARE the walking dead. goodbye.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    There's a chance I could make a three point shot from half court on a single attempt, but if you buy a ticket to see me do that, you are a damn fool.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    There's a chance I could make a three point shot from half court on a single attempt, but if you buy a ticket to see me do that, you are a damn fool.

But what if it's the only way to save the rec center????

I'm just saying, I'm not going to completely shit all over the movie until we have a bit more detail.

I don't EXPECT it to be good. Just saying that you never know.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

But what if it's the only way to save the rec center????

Then I am so sorry, children.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.