As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm just saying, I'm not going to completely shit all over the movie until we have a bit more detail.

I don't EXPECT it to be good. Just saying that you never know.

If I drop this rock from my hand I GUESS it could float up to the ceiling instead of falling to the floor, you never know

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    you are all kind of being jerks about this

• Options
    Alright, I'm sorry
    Lord knows I've been optimistic about dumber shit

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Important update: A Beer Can Named Desire is still fucking hilarious

Gilbert Dauterieve is a top-3 all time TV character for me.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Important update: A Beer Can Named Desire is still fucking hilarious

Gilbert Dauterieve is a top-3 all time TV character for me.
    How long have you been sitting there, Gilbert?

35 years.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Castlevania has to be the best video game adaptation right?

Resident Evil.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    YaYa wrote: »
    you are all kind of being jerks about this

As a person who has watched all of the show, I 100% do not see the optimism in the concept of "giving the same showrunner/writer and the same star a slightly-bigger budget to do 3 2-hour films on the same station", even putting aside that this same team has done entire 15+ hour seasons where plot and location has progressed on a minuscule basis at best from premiere to finale

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The only person I am happy for in all of this is Andrew Lincoln, who is getting his in a major way

He's getting an even bigger payday for less work

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Resident Evil.

Well, it takes all kinds to make a world, they say

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Resident Evil.

On a behind the scenes level of Paul WS Anderson's increasingly complex love ballads to his Milla Jovovich? I agree.

But on a strictly story level I'm gunna guess I probably wouldn't agree.

(only seen the first)

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    (I still find Castlevania absolutely unwatchable and do not understand any of the praise it has received)

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I also think Silent Hill would rank higher than the first Resident Evil for me.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    You all know my stance on the best video game adaptation.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options

Resident Evil.

This is where I'm torn between "best" vs "most entertaining"

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I honestly can never recall

• Options

Resident Evil.

On a behind the scenes level of Paul WS Anderson's increasingly complex love ballads to his Milla Jovovich? I agree.

But on a strictly story level I'm gunna guess I probably wouldn't agree.

(only seen the first)

Gus you gotta watch all of 'em

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The only person I am happy for in all of this is Andrew Lincoln, who is getting his in a major way

I do think it is real scummy to hype up RICK GRIMES' LAST EPISODE and then announce, literally the same day it airs, that it is only technically his last episode because he is switching to TWD movies.

That's WWE levels of carny bullshit

But that's on AMC, not Lincoln

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I also think Silent Hill would rank higher than the first Resident Evil for me.

I like the second Silent Hill film more than the first Resident Evil. I don't remember much about the first Silent Hill tbh

• Options
    I largely found the first two Resident Evil movies to be their own brand of a boring slog, but I guess that's not totally dissimilar from large swaths of the game series as well

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I do think it is real scummy to hype up RICK GRIMES' LAST EPISODE and then announce, literally the same day it airs, that it is only technically his last episode because he is switching to TWD movies.

Just to give it an extra layer though, it wasn't just the same day

The press release went out literally the minute the episode finished airing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

"Those were $500 sunglasses, asshole."

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Resident Evil.

This is where I'm torn between "best" vs "most entertaining"

Yeah that can be a difficult distinction to make but in this case Castlevania is both

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not even being optimistic about The Walking Dead movies.

I'm just saying I want some more info before I completely write them off.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I largely found the first two Resident Evil movies to be their own brand of a boring slog, but I guess that's not totally dissimilar from large swaths of the game series as well
    They don't age well.

4 aside.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

You know, this is one I actually won't fight you on

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Wesker shooting bees in the hallway of 1 will never not be tremendous for me.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass... it's like being back in high school.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

I stopped watching the show before the Negan content started occurring.

I saw the article pop up after the episode aired and it was.. kind of impressive.

Andrew Lincoln has been working on this since season four. He and Scott M. Gimple never actually thought they could get it done.

Andrew wanted to spend more time with his family, but he was not ready to stop playing Rick. Its really interesting stuff, but like Blank said, the marketing behind it was kinda misleading.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-ricks-fate-revealed-as-andrew-lincolns-character-will-be-spun-1157341

You guys should check it out.

I may watch the first movie to see how it is, Andrew Lincoln was one the few things i missed from the show.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass... it's like being back in high school.

We got a guy with things comin' out of his hands, we got another guy who freezes stuff, and then there's a man, who as far as I can tell, is made out of electricity. I mean, how did he disappear like that? What is goin' on here? WHO IS THIS GUY?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Your soul...is mine!

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

It has begun!

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    ooooohhh .. Street Fighter.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I know Johhny Cage was originally based off of Jean-Claude Van Damme, but I'll always see Cage as Linden Ashby.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

We got a guy with things comin' out of his hands, we got another guy who freezes stuff, and then there's a man, who as far as I can tell, is made out of electricity. I mean, how did he disappear like that? What is goin' on here? WHO IS THIS GUY?

None of this sounds like Super Mario Brothers AT ALL, what is going on?

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

None of this sounds like Super Mario Brothers AT ALL, what is going on?

i believe roy says the former after luigi hits the mothafucker with a mean green hook in the climactic struggle of chocolate island

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    in watching tv news, I now near the end of halt and catch fire

got only two eps left

i was recently made extremely emotional by the show. haltandcatchheads? you know what I'm talking about

i'll see how this sits with me after the fact, when the show has some time to steep, but it's done an amazing, and very resonant, moving job of showing long-term growth and change in this core group of people and their ever-shifting relationships, despite my wife and i just calling the show "computers" and always starting a description of the show off with "well there's... it's the 80s. and people get really passionate about technology in it."

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    in watching tv news, I now near the end of halt and catch fire

got only two eps left

i was recently made extremely emotional by the show. haltandcatchheads? you know what I'm talking about

i'll see how this sits with me after the fact, when the show has some time to steep, but it's done an amazing, and very resonant, moving job of showing long-term growth and change in this core group of people and their ever-shifting relationships, despite my wife and i just calling the show "computers" and always starting a description of the show off with "well there's... it's the 80s. and people get really passionate about technology in it."

Halt and Catch Fire’s last two seasons are great and the fourth one is just unbelievable. The way the show handles the moment you’re referring to really impressed me.

My only real complaint about the fourth season is when they needle drop “Summer Babe” and match the “eating her fingers” lyric with Cam actually biting her nails.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Resident Evil.

Wing Commander.

Is the opposite.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So anyway, is anyone else caught up on Walking Dead?

What the fuck was THAT last night?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    There's a chance I could make a three point shot from half court on a single attempt, but if you buy a ticket to see me do that, you are a damn fool.

But what if it's the only way to save the rec center????

Then I am so sorry, children.

More like wrecked center.

This discussion has been closed.