As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Inflection

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Inflection

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    NekoPanzerNekoPanzer Registered User regular
    Cain't beat 'em, join 'em. That's wut my granpappy'd say, I reckon.

• Options
    ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    Neigh

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That is an A++ title.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Having grown up in the rural south/southwest, that accent has... different connotations in my brain.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Wut in tarnation is goin’ on ‘round here?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Had a similar situation when my friend got to to start watching Hell on Wheels

Then whenever he'd ask me something at work I'd respond "Git yer ass back in the cut!"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think its a testament to Arthur's molasses voice actor that you just want to live in that accent of his. Funnily enough I don't even think its real, its a made up accent!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think its a testament to Arthur's molasses voice actor that you just want to live in that accent of his. Funnily enough I don't even think its real, its a made up accent!

I bet he's British. All the cool American dudes are British now a days. Spider-Man, Rick Grimes, and even Superman.

Daredevil too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I bet he's British. All the cool American dudes are British now a days. Spider-Man, Rick Grimes, and even Superman.

Daredevil too.

God damn british people taking our southerner jobs! The bigger sin is that he isn't a big horse of a man with facial hair like a grizzly! At least dutch's voice actor kind of looks like him!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Oh good I’m not the only one . Only I’m tryibg to sound like vintage Eastwood and squinting super hard at everything.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Daredevil too.

To be fair, many are Australian too. I think the only notable version of that going the other was was James Marsters' Spike on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. He's from California.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Daredevil too.

Born in New Jersey, raised in Ireland, went to university in Wales, now lives in New York

So not British, but not exactly cowboy stock either

Unless he's some kind of carpetbaggin' I don't know how to finish the sentence it's been a long time since I read Huck Finn

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I get this after binge-watching Firefly.

• Options

Daredevil too.

God damn british people taking our southerner jobs! The bigger sin is that he isn't a big horse of a man with facial hair like a grizzly! At least dutch's voice actor kind of looks like him!

The Troy Baker effect.

I think it was Ellie's VA in TLoU, Ashley Johnson, who said something like "Troy is amazing. Joel has this deep and imposing voice, but then you see Troy himself and he's just this slender, beautiful man. Like a Final Fantasy character or something"

• Options

Daredevil too.

The Troy Baker effect.

I think it was Ellie's VA in TLoU, Ashley Johnson, who said something like "Troy is amazing. Joel has this deep and imposing voice, but then you see Troy himself and he's just this slender, beautiful man. Like a Final Fantasy character or something"

At least Varricks voice actor despite not being a short beautiful dwarf with a mane of chest hair is still voice appropriate! Basically Seth Rogen and Arthurs voice actor need to switch bodies.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Yerrr a gOod BooOii.

I'd like to see Kratos and Arthur have boy-off now no wait let me take another pass at that sentence...

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Yerrr a gOod BooOii.

I'd like to see Kratos and Arthur have boy-off now no wait let me take another pass at that sentence...

Kratos would have an advantage in being able to wield dad jokes:

https://youtu.be/PWwvR6cSH4o

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Yerrr a gOod BooOii Harry.

2010-12-13.jpg
    2011-09-12.jpg
    2011-10-17.jpg