As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Attempting to replicate my famfrit sub30.

Managed to kill it even faster, once.

In two hours. Couldn't even kill it, period, for the rest of the two hours.

I am just a ball of sadomasochistic self loathing right now.

Funny story, I just upgraded to a new phone this week, and that improved my Famfrit clear rate from something like 20% to more like 80%. Not getting random massive input delays all the time during fights helps a lot when everything's riding on whether Edge can get his SSB off or not.

I jumped from an s5 to an s7, but didn't notice any increase in speed.

I don't understand how FFRK clears on YouTube have the first action around 0.95 seconds on Shelke and her kind. I'm usually at 1.12, and it gets progressively worse from there.

My problem with Famfrit is not enough W-casts in general and Imperil lightning procs from Edgar to push phase 2 fast enough to skip Waterja. I've left phase 1 with as many as 6 stacks, though 1 or 2 is most common.

Also tiny variations in ATB make different characters go first on different runs, which means multiple failed runs just to improper entry via muscle memory. This makes it hard to tell when RNG is going well enough for a clear, because some potentially good runs end prematurely due to my incompetence.

I had hoped to be able to determine what level of imperil is needed to reach phase 2 consistently, and what the odds of that happening is, because my muscle memory for phases 2 and 3 is horribly unpracticed, and I'd like to come to the conclusion whether this is a mathematically practical farming team.

My only conclusion is that I'm trash at active time games, and wish the timer would pause when it's someone's turn.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

My only conclusion is that I'm trash at active time games, and wish the timer would pause when it's someone's turn.

Nah the conclusion is that its obnoxious for everyone and making you feel trash at the game helps make you want to spend money to get better.
    Wyvern wrote: Β»
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Got something out of the daily draw today, and did my last realm draw no seriously this time before XIV and VI events.

Daily got me Golbez's BSB1 (the Mage tank one). This one's time of prominence has come and gone, but it's a neat little piece of unique kit all the same. Maybe I can try some gimmicky teams where Golbez tanks hits for my dark mages.

XIII draw got me Lightning's Glint. This is my first one of the Instant Attack variety of Glint, rather than the speedy actions type. This his honestly quite good for Lightning, and secures her place in my Lightning teams going forward. The only place where I can't use it so good is against Famfrit, where she needs to Imperil to help Aranea. That being said, the low cost of the Glint will probably still be of use for Famfrit. And the Aura Stacking will be of good use for Ripper Bolt. Not a terrible draw. And it's another +Lightning sword.
    Hm. I guess I was underestimating how much damage Radiant Shield and chainless Maria actually do. Maybe I'll try Maria/Rydia/Alphinaud/Shelke/Eiko and leave Onion Knight home to save on hones. Not like I need quickcast here.

Well if you leave the lightning rage active it affects radiant shield too so yeah it works pretty well. Alphinaud's is more powerful if you aren't bringning imperil. Alph can help off heal ( start is pretty harsh) and can switch to Titan later, but then you run out of hones and have to balance keeping shield up and casting BSB if you have it to add hones.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did a realm pull on II.

2/11, one disco - Gordon LMR (dupe), Minwu USB! Nice, lots of green numbers on that one!

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    finally I got my new Catastrophe leveled up and inherited. And I'm happy to report that the ATK bonus is enough to make my Zappy Bird team consistent in breaking the second Rage in all but the worst case scenario (in which Guy fails to Imperil even once in four actions). Gonna go and get my remaining 2 copies of the Bird that I need to combine for lv99, so that I can eventually start working on Geocites.

My takeaway from this is that Magicite take way too much XP to level up.

Enlong on
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    https://www.dualshockers.com/world-final-fantasy-maxima-new-party-member-spoilers/

WOFF collab announced. Might finally get that enCoffee.

And considering the new character in Maxima, (WOFF spoilers up through the "Ultima Gate" event)
    maybe we could even get Hauynn as a playable character. I could see her being a Wind-focused Summoner, with soul breaks focused on her Siren companion Mirage.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    finally I got my new Catastrophe leveled up and inherited. And I'm happy to report that the ATK bonus is enough to make my Zappy Bird team consistent in breaking the second Rage in all but the worst case scenario (in which Guy fails to Imperil even once in four actions). Gonna go and get my remaining 2 copies of the Bird that I need to combine for lv99, so that I can eventually start working on Geocites.

My takeaway from this is that Magicite take way too much XP to level up.

Are you using xp daily or arcana to level? My impression is that it doesn't take all that many sub-30 4* runs to get enough arcana to fully level magicite.

A bit of each; now that the festival is over, I'm back to using all my weekly potions on Sunday shores. I suppose I could be spamming more 4-star Magicite for Arcana. Either way, the volume of Arcana needed is pretty large. Or maybe it's because I just don't like doing too many Magicite runs all at one time.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Woo, got my Behemoth clear figured out. I made R4 Chain Thundaja and did a half-dive for Maria but didn't have to take the BSB or hone any Chain Stonegas. It's a 1:10 non-mastery, but pleasantly RNG-free.

The next big roadblock is Famfrit. That setup is going to require some serious jank if it's possible at all, but if I can get past that I should be in the clear for a while. Don't anticipate major issues with water or fire (although I haven't read up on the details).

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    The only realms I still have discounted pulls on are III and Tactics. Dunno if it's worth pulling though - I have literally every III BSB and half of the USBs, while the only Tactics stuff I really want are Agrias USB and Ovelia USB.

But...discounts.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    The only realms I still have discounted pulls on are III and Tactics. Dunno if it's worth pulling though - I have literally every III BSB and half of the USBs, while the only Tactics stuff I really want are Agrias USB and Ovelia USB.

But...discounts.

You're going to do it eventually anyway, might as well give in :D

But...discounts.

What kind of III stuff are you missing?

I'm not going to say that my pull is anything close to ordinary, but there are some winners in that realm. I'm pretty sure it's only Aria whose kit is more stinkers than winners.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just FYI rop will now be no ssb.

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Just FYI rop will now be no ssb.

On one hand, great.

On the other hand, no more opportunities for some of those useful ones :/

WOFF revenge dungeon tomorrow. No sign of coffee, sadly.

edited November 2018

But...discounts.

What kind of III stuff are you missing?

I'm not going to say that my pull is anything close to ordinary, but there are some winners in that realm. I'm pretty sure it's only Aria whose kit is more stinkers than winners.

I'm missing Ingus CSB and Luneth LMR. I have a near-complete OK (minus his USB3) and Refia, plus a perfectly usable Arc, Desch, and CoD already.

Darklyre on
    If you can actually fish up a pixelated ultras in FF XV I have majorly underrated it.

38thDoE on steam

Huh. The Phantom Train fight in this Halloween event is using Evil Toot, rather than Diabolic Whistle.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I’m trying to decide on my full throttle pull and having trouble.

I have two realms where all 3 relics are non-dupes.
    FF2 - Firion stuff isn’t really useful, and I already have Minwu USB1 and 2 so I think this is a skip.
    FF9 - Zidane stuff is ok and I have his enwind LMR, plus I have no healer relics in 9 and Eiko is useful.

My other candidate is FF10. I have the Yuna relic, but the Tidus stuff would be really useful as I have his glint. I do have some solid water options already though, with Rikku Chain, Bart’s USB and Paine USB so I’m not sure it’s worth wasting the healer relic.

Has anyone got good use out of Zidane’s stuff? If so I’ll probably grab that one, but if not Tidus gets the call.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    OMG...my boy Noel putting in some work!!!
    lgt1o87rctvk.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    QoL stuff coming in JP

Mote Dungeon Renewal

Mote Dungeons will be renewed November 22nd, 3* motes will be added.
    All dungeons will be opened everyday.
    Greater rewards when cleared for the first time.
    Start with 4 SB gauges
    Can build gauge
    5 new bosses will appear

You can now receive a notification for when your stamina is completely full, notification setting can turned on/off in Config.

You can now look at your history of relics you have gotten including those that have been discarded.

Series Dungeon renewal, equipment before November 5th 2018 will be in the draws. 1st time draws are 15 mythril and regular priced after that.

New EnElement Draws. Draws for Fire, Ice, Earth, Wind, Water, Lightning, Holy, and Dark relics. 1st time for each draw is 15 mythril, regular price afterwards. I assume it's BSB+ and before November 5th like the Renewed Realm draws.

On November 15th you can have abilities & Soulbreaks automatically activate with the auto ability. You can set wither the right or left abilities to be automatically activated. In Burst Mode, the left burst ability will be activated instead. Soulbreaks on furthest left in the case of multiple SBs equipped will be the one that activates when the SB gauge is full. Both can be ON or either one of them instead to your preference.

Heroes can be sorted by Elements and Priority now.

1st Priority is initial SB Element

2nd Priority is Burst Command Element

3rd priority is EnElement Element

4th Priority is Elements boosted from respective Chain

Also factors in Unmastered SBs

Torment Ruby reward Adjustment

-On November 22nd, New Torment Grade Awards will be added to Torment Battles. - Ruby grades have been added for 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40% of enemies HP bar depleted. - Players who achieved these already in certain Torment dungeons will be automatically awarded with it.

Add a bio element banner you cowards.

(Some real neat stuff there. Some honestly really needed improvements.)

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Funny story, I just upgraded to a new phone this week, and that improved my Famfrit clear rate from something like 20% to more like 80%. Not getting random massive input delays all the time during fights helps a lot when everything's riding on whether Edge can get his SSB off or not.

I don't understand how FFRK clears on YouTube have the first action around 0.95 seconds on Shelke and her kind. I'm usually at 1.12, and it gets progressively worse from there.

My problem with Famfrit is not enough W-casts in general and Imperil lightning procs from Edgar to push phase 2 fast enough to skip Waterja. I've left phase 1 with as many as 6 stacks, though 1 or 2 is most common.

Also tiny variations in ATB make different characters go first on different runs, which means multiple failed runs just to improper entry via muscle memory. This makes it hard to tell when RNG is going well enough for a clear, because some potentially good runs end prematurely due to my incompetence.

I had hoped to be able to determine what level of imperil is needed to reach phase 2 consistently, and what the odds of that happening is, because my muscle memory for phases 2 and 3 is horribly unpracticed, and I'd like to come to the conclusion whether this is a mathematically practical farming team.

If you want to list out your full team, I can help you try to workshop it. I got one more +lightning sword from a realm draw, and I think that's put me over to where I don't have to get any doubles or imperils to clear the DPS checks for either phase one or phase two. Which is good, since the only double on my team is Edgar's LM2.

Re: ATB variations and characters acting in different orders. One of the smart people on Reddit mentioned that that can happen if two characters have similar speeds, but the faster one is in the lower slot. If the faster character is in a higher slot, you shouldn't see that as often. Though if the problem is uneven input delays or unequal cast times... also, Famfrit is a very slot-dependent fight, so you may not be able to move people around as freely as you would like.

Did the Cid Missions for the XV event. Had Ignis run Titan over with a train for the lols. Choo choo, mother ducker.

Fry on
    I'm almost certain I have the means to kill Famfrit. It's just a matter of figuring out how to divy up Entrust meter efficiently. I don't think it's reasonable for me to squeeze Astra or Dispel onto this team, so phase three burst damage is really tight.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Fujin's OSB is good, but she'll want a source of enWind to really boost it.

Paine's first BSB unfortunately doesn't hit super hard. What makes it interesting is the dispelga - it's one of very, very few of those in the game. It's not super useful until it is, and you'll appreciate it.

I was digging through my box of stuff in search of more breaks I had to learn, and I found I have a second dispelga- Shelke's, which also has the esunaga to go with it. I really ought to figure out what I have, and what I can put together. Though I'll need to throw more mythril at box space. Three-hundred plus relic weapons and armor and accessories, all of which I'm hanging onto in case they're needed.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    I'm almost certain I have the means to kill Famfrit. It's just a matter of figuring out how to divy up Entrust meter efficiently. I don't think it's reasonable for me to squeeze Astra or Dispel onto this team, so phase three burst damage is really tight.
    Do you have a Magic Break/down of some sort on the team? I've found that dispelling Famfrit's Faith makes a largeish difference.

First realm draw fail
    Type 0
    I have one relic cinque LMR
    Yep.

38thDoE on steam

Damn. Didn't think there could be a fight that's more "HAHA hope you can spam Astra" than Hades. But Phantom Train has proven me wrong. It's the random targeting of Possess that really screws me up. I can barely get any meter for Larsa or Sazh because they're spending all their time either possessed or wasting turns on Fabula Medium.

Fishing Loot table!!
    Day 1 loot table:

1x Small Scarletite
    1x Lightning Orb
    1x Lesser Ice Orb

Day 2 loot table:

1x Small Adamantite
    1x Ice Orb
    1x Lesser Lightning Orb

38thDoE on steam

Do you have a Magic Break/down of some sort on the team? I've found that dispelling Famfrit's Faith makes a largeish difference.
    I was just thinking about that. I could potentially have Shelke do BSB>Cmd1, but looking at the AI I think it would only buy Lightning one more turn. Maybe I could also buy Celes one more turn if I swapped her position with Garnet.

Another option might be to grab Hamelin from the Acolyte's Archive and replace One to Victory with Dispel, but I'm not sure how that would affect the sequencing. It also might cost me some rubies in XI or XV down the line.

What is Lightning equipped with? My winning Famfrit team had her packin Thundering Quadstrike and Magic Break.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    When Damage Reflect is used, is the damage calculated before or after the damage is applied? That is, assuming that Evrae and Hades bonuses can affect Damage Reflect damage, which one is better for a combination Damage Reflect plus Last Stand strategy?

Celes Glint/11 on the VI draw. Now that I'm down to 1/11 per draw I think I'll wait for ROP for the savings.

38thDoE on steam

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Post Tiamat, my trip around the element ring went pretty darn smoothly. It's becoming pretty clear which teams have a shot at 5* and which just barely skated by 4* though. Feel really confident about my Water team now, it broke into 4* and since then I have picked up a chain, and a USB for the very same team. Ice and Lightning are my other chains and especially Ice, work really well. Earth also did really well without a chain, thanks to en-elements and a lot of good 5* abilities. Fire and wind did fine, but are mostly the same composition as my 3* teams. They rely mostly on some good BSBs but I can't imagine that will be enough to carry them to the next rank. The main issue so far has been actually leveling the dang magicites.

Or at least it used to be... I was not ready for Siren or Hades. Tried to beat Siren first with a physical Dark team (thanks to Sephiroths fancy new USB pants) but not a lot else on the physical side. I ended up running out of hones due to her stupid counter cure. It is a weird stalemate where I was able to heal through everything she dished out, but she was able to do the same. I think I need a Dark chain to make Sephrioths USB pay off.

Figured it out eventually though, brought my old magic team (Raines, Kuja, CoD) and just had Larsa constantly potioning to keep silence off. The last half of the fight was just constant OSB spam to avoid the heals. 51 sec clear, not exactly a fun fight even with little actual risk of loss.

Realm banners have been great boons for Torment stuff, but no chains at all. Still have X, XIII left but I'll probably hold off for now, not really hurt for those realms. Full Throttle is going to be either I or III. Both are all new releics and both are Realms I am lacking. Figure I'll just wait for an event or a Torment to drop for one of the Realms and just go with that one.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: Β»
    When Damage Reflect is used, is the damage calculated before or after the damage is applied? That is, assuming that Evrae and Hades bonuses can affect Damage Reflect damage, which one is better for a combination Damage Reflect plus Last Stand strategy?

I don't think Evrae or Hades (or indeed, any magicite) affect Damage Reflect. Some enemies have a % modifier to the damage they take (either an increase or decrease) and that will change the reflected damage. Elemental Damage Reflect also factors elemental weakness, chain field, and chain count.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

If you want to list out your full team, I can help you try to workshop it. I got one more +lightning sword from a realm draw, and I think that's put me over to where I don't have to get any doubles or imperils to clear the DPS checks for either phase one or phase two. Which is good, since the only double on my team is Edgar's LM2.

Re: ATB variations and characters acting in different orders. One of the smart people on Reddit mentioned that that can happen if two characters have similar speeds, but the faster one is in the lower slot. If the faster character is in a higher slot, you shouldn't see that as often. Though if the problem is uneven input delays or unequal cast times... also, Famfrit is a very slot-dependent fight, so you may not be able to move people around as freely as you would like.

Did the Cid Missions for the XV event. Had Ignis run Titan over with a train for the lols. Choo choo, mother ducker.

Right, so my initial clear was:
    Lightning Quadstrike x2 (USB) +DMG (LM2, R)
    Edgar Offer/Snipe (USB) +DMG (LM2, R)
    Aerith Curada/Protectga (USB2) Mako Might (LM2, R)
    Garnet Tritoch/Dispel (Chain) Ace Striker
    Onion Knight Ripper Bolt/Magic Breakdown (pUSB) DMT (LMR, W-Cast)
    Behemoth King

It's a super consistent ~35s clear, which could maybe push 32s with a little luck, but no faster.

I wanted to go faster, and made a YOLO team.

Lightning Quadstrike/Ripper Bolt (USB) +DMG (LM2, R)
    Garnet Tritoch/ATK Song (Chain) DMT
    Edge SiT/Flash Disaster (SSB2) Ace Striker (LM2)
    Edgar Offer/Snipe (USB TGM (LM2, R)
    TG Cid Banishing Strike/Stormspell Strike (OSB) MM (LM2, 1)
    Mimic Queen

This relies on a few of many things going right in the first 20%, so I push into phase 2 with Water Blink up, which eats Tsunami, I can shrug off Gravity, then put up edge SSB2 and ride it out the rest of the fight. This does not happen consistently, RNG wise, and is MUCH less forgiving on me, input wise, because I have to be SO fast and precise or else I fail to clear phase 1.

Phase 2 also requires a critical mass of DPS, or else I run out of SB meter for Edge and can't finish the fight.

If I manage to push phase 3, it's still a DPS race. Also timing the Dispel is tricky because each scenario it comes up in is different.

I don't know if there's a way to massage the first setup to go sub30, or to change the second clear to be a little more forgiving.

Daffydd wrote: Β»

I don't think Evrae or Hades (or indeed, any magicite) affect Damage Reflect. Some enemies have a % modifier to the damage they take (either an increase or decrease) and that will change the reflected damage. Elemental Damage Reflect also factors elemental weakness, chain field, and chain count.

More importantly is that you don't WANT a last stand strategy. You want health. The damage dealt is actual damage dealt - if you're last stand strumming, the damage reflected would be piddly.

Famfrit's done with eight copies in the bank. It got really consistent by the end. Around 45 seconds, give or take a couple.

Celes(LM1/LMR) -Stormspell R4/Quadstrike R4 - USB - 40% Spellblade - +40% lightning gear
    Lightning(LD) - Quadstrike R3/Ripping R4 - USB+ASB+OSB - 30% Weakness - +40% lightning gear
    Eiko(LD) - Curada/Shellga - USB - DMT
    Shelke(LD) - Wrath/Entrust - BSB - Ace Striker
    Garnet - Ode to Victory R3/Protectga - CSB+BSB2 - MM
    Magicite passives: Empower 23, Dampen 12, Attack 23, Crit 14, CritDmg 8, Surging 10, Spell Ward 5

Pretty proud of this team. It went a lot faster and smoother than I expected given it required an off-element Celes, an off-stat chain, and no attack buff for most of the fight. That Lightning arcane I landed the other day did end up making a pretty big difference; it let me push a lot further into Famfrit's healthbar before Protect came up. The final piece of the puzzle was a mix of using the first magicite earlier and using Shelke's BSB command to overwrite Faith. That made it possible for Eiko to recast Behemoth King after being silenced but before dying, which smoothed out the last phase.

It's such a relief to finally be caught up after not knowing if Behemoth King or Famfrit would be doable with my tools for so long. Now I can stop thinking about magicite (for about five seconds until fire comes out...at least I'm pretty confident in my water teams.)

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did the FF7 realm pull today. Sephiroth AOSB, Tifa USB.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Well, no surprise but we only get half the WOFF and yes, no coffee.

This discussion has been closed.