As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The Doctor and the Master.

The Master once literally died just to hurt the Doctor.

And even to one up this.
    The Master shot their future incarnation in the back for considering siding with the Doctor.

But in Doctor Who I think it would be more Davros/Daleks that have the total utter hatred to each other. The Doctor and Master sometimes have a sort of begrudging respect for one and other.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima

No other pair of rivals has thrown each other into as many volcanoes

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima

No other pair of rivals has thrown each other into as many volcanoes

Ooooooooh, this is a very good choice.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Speaking of King of the hill can we discuss how they dropped the ball on cottons death?

Like overall its a good episode but they dont treat Bobby very well and I feel like the Lucky and Luanne are not good parents plot was unessecary. His relationship with Cotton was one of the only good ones and they barely touch on it.

I love that he goes out the same way he lived his life, as an incredible prick

also is that the episode where Lucky calls Hank over because his baby keeps rolling over and Hank's like "Babies do weird things. Babies are weird."?

Thats later. This is the weird purgatory where Luanne is pregnant for 2 years and never really shows

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Samus and Ridley.

I guarantee you either one would drop whatever they were in the middle of to try and kill each other if they crossed paths randomly

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Edward Cope and Othniel Marsh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_Wars

You actually said people and not fictional characters and this was the first thing I thought of

Quick summary:

Competing paleontologists who hated each other so much that they
    -falsified claims of new fossils to get a higher number of discovered species than the other and in doing so damaged the study of the field for decades
    -would pay the others workforce to steal fossils out of their claimed fossil pits
    -once they catalogued as many as they could in an area they would dynamite the pits, destroying all fossils just in case the other one found something they missed
    -one got legislation passed explicitly so that the other (who had used some government funding) lost all his samples to the government, leaving him with nothing
    -one attempted to get the others body exhumed and his brain cavity measured so he could prove he was smarter (larger brain) than his rival

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    BONEWAR: THE RECKONING

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So I asked Rorshach Kringle this question on our train trip back from LA yesterday.

Can you think of a more antagonistic relationship than the one between Xena and Julius Caesar?

I mean two people who utterly hate each other to the point that they will disregard their primary storylines just to attack each other (physically, emotionally, ect.).

We talked it through for around 30 minutes and could only come up with one relationship that matches them and another that goes even past them.

But what are your ideas?

Wrestling is full of this, I immediately thought of Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. Of course with wrestling, things change all the time. Now they're friends and tag team champions together and...oh, Dean just stabbed Seth in the back, they hate each other again, there we go. (Daniel Bryan and The Miz will always hate each other, I think.)

Also, Karna and Arjuna.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jake Peralta and Doug Judy

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Now we're just listing best TV friendships?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Best TV friendship ever is Dale Cooper and Harry Truman and it's not even close.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options

Rather Jake and the Vulture.
    Doug Judy and Jake enjoy the game and in the end really wouldnt hurt each other

• Options

Rather Jake and the Vulture.
    Doug Judy and Jake enjoy the game and in the end really wouldnt hurt each other

Ya but they definitely fit into the "will suddenly ignore all else when the other shows up" category, even if they end up friends again each time.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I think we can take care of best rivalry and friendship in one shot.

Raylen Givens and Boyd Crowder

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Bojack Horseman vs Himself

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Rorshach Kringle and I have also had the discussion around the best male friendship as presented in television.

And he correctly identified Shawn Hunter and Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World.

There is no other friendship who can even come close to battling them.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Rorshach Kringle and I have also had the discussion around the best male friendship as presented in television.

And he correctly identified Shawn Hunter and Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World.

Have you guys just never seen Scrubs or

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    More of a Shawn and Ovaltine Jenkins guy myself

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    3clipse wrote: »

Have you guys just never seen Scrubs or

Oh, they made the top five.

But they just don´t have the years and experiences of Shawn & Cory.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    JD constantly referenced his friend's race and that is not good friendship IMO

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I can't think of any actually positive, deep male friendships on TV

I suspect the reason for this is because dysfunction is both funnier and easier to write

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think Boyle and Peralta and Terry and Peralta are both pretty positive and decently fleshed out

Boyle/Peralta started out rocky when Boyle was just Annoying Creep Who Loves Jake Too Much but grew into something genuinely sweet

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would like to submit Angel and Spike for the rivalry question.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'll throw out a few that come to mind:

Dean & Castiel OR Dean & Crowley from Supernatural (notably absent: Dean & Sam)
    Rubert & Angus from Outlander
    Damon & Alaric from The Vampire Diaries

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I can't think of any actually positive, deep male friendships on TV

I suspect the reason for this is because dysfunction is both funnier and easier to write

Ben Wyatt & Chris Traeger on Parks & Rec immediately come to mind. They have an intimate, supportive friendship despite their extremely different outlooks.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    saracen and landry

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Shawn and Gus on Psych for male friendship.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Fuckin Jake and Finn, duh

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think Boyle and Peralta and Terry and Peralta are both pretty positive and decently fleshed out

Boyle/Peralta started out rocky when Boyle was just Annoying Creep Who Loves Jake Too Much but grew into something genuinely sweet

I like that Terry thinks of Jake as a son which I think they need to explore more. Holt took this role obviously but Terry has more of the life I think Jake wants to lead.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I like that Terry thinks of Jake as a son which I think they need to explore more. Holt took this role obviously but Terry has more of the life I think Jake wants to lead.
    I get way more of a Big Brother/Little Brother thing from Terry/Jake than a father/son dynamic which is definitely what Jake had with Holt

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Geordi and Data

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

You mean shawn and Lucious Blackman?

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

I think you mean Black & Tan

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh you mean Gee Buttersnaps?

• Options
    Cliff and Norm

• Options
    iguanacus wrote: »

We have a poster in our gaming area that's just every one of the nicknames from the whole series.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Purge has been renewed for season 2

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    @Zonugal

You should at least be watching Legends of Tomorrow, the CW doesn't give a fuck about it so it doesn't crossover or interact with anybody else.

sig.gif
  • Options
    iguanacus wrote: »

We have a poster in our gaming area that's just every one of the nicknames from the whole series.

I need this.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    @Zonugal

You should at least be watching Legends of Tomorrow, the CW doesn't give a fuck about it so it doesn't crossover or interact with anybody else.

Out of the Arrow shows it was the one I enjoyed most two years ago!

Maybe on a slow weekend I'll watch through last season!

This discussion has been closed.