As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2019 Ticket Discussion

jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
Hi Everyone,

It's October 30th as I type this and was wondering what date everyone thinks tickets may go on sale? I know there was a previous tweet not to expect anything before November 1st. Does a document exist anymore of the times tickets were announced for each year?

jdixon1972

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Hey, thanks whypick1! Wait, is this technically East's 10 year anniversary??? Man, time flies.

jdixon1972

• MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    10th annual.

10th anniversary would be 2020.

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    PAX East 2016 3 Day Badge: Sold out in 16 minutes
    PAX East 2017: "Yeah... we're not doing 3 day badges anymore."

I've been operating under the expectation to start anticipating something next week and beyond. The only thing that is suspect up to this point is we usually have a date. Now granted, we have an expected date thanks to that Reed Pop blackout document from several years ago that has accurately nailed down every PAX East date (granted the document only has 3 days listed here on out, still). But we should have at least heard something official before Australia.

Start allocating funds.

erdub14zr3u2.png

What is everyone doing to monitor the the twitter feed for tickets (aka what twitter app may be best)? Twitter took away the official widget, so is there anything better? I definitely want to do everything possible not to miss the ticket announcements. I also remember that last year they sent out a test tweet, so I wonder if that will happen again.

jdixon1972

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    What is everyone doing to monitor the the twitter feed for tickets (aka what twitter app may be best)? Twitter took away the official widget, so is there anything better? I definitely want to do everything possible not to miss the ticket announcements. I also remember that last year they sent out a test tweet, so I wonder if that will happen again.

jdixon1972

Make sure you're following the official PAX Badge account. Badge announcements come from that account, something they started last year.

You can set them to show pop up notifications on your phone and then tweet the account to request a test reply to confirm the notification worked. Honestly, that's what I use and it's been fairly successful.

The reason people joke that PAX Twitter gives them heart attacks is because they'll have the main account set to notifications instead of the badge account. That's just begging for a panic attack.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Pax usually never gives us a hint like this. So many people said that means Wed. But that could also mean that it most likely will go on sale within the next 7 days. Its gone on sale Thursday the past 2 years and prior to that it was a Wednesday the previous 2 years. But it has happened on a Monday/Tuesday before. So those days are not outta the question either.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    I would hope not Tuesday, that's election day in the US.

As far as I remember, they have never been released on a major day like that. I'm guessing it might be the week before Thanksgiving week, but it's just a guess.

jdixon1972

• aerrusaerrus Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any info on what the Westin cost per night when you booked through the ticket thing? I need to figure out if it's budgetable. I saw 250/night floating around....

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    aerrus wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on what the Westin cost per night when you booked through the ticket thing? I need to figure out if it's budgetable. I saw 250/night floating around....

Last year, after taxes and fees, the Westin was $250.65/night.

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    RedK232 wrote: »
    Pax usually never gives us a hint like this. So many people said that means Wed. But that could also mean that it most likely will go on sale within the next 7 days. Its gone on sale Thursday the past 2 years and prior to that it was a Wednesday the previous 2 years. But it has happened on a Monday/Tuesday before. So those days are not outta the question either.

They gave a hint last year for East.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hopefully not Tuesday the 13th in the afternoon, would not want to miss it while at something i may not be able to use my phone at.

Also is there a recent spreadsheet of hotel prices?, what is the lowest priced ones or average cost per night?

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    Also is there a recent spreadsheet of hotel prices?, what is the lowest priced ones or average cost per night?

Typically you're gonna be looking at around $200/night.

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    i paid about 200 for revere hotel last year.was an awsome place too.on shuttle route as well.

• irtsukiirtsuki internetRegistered User regular
    page now says "Registration Soon"

#SOON

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ-︵-┻━┻
  • falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    It did say March 28-31 when I checked earlier, but now its back to this years date.

• rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    They updated ticket prices. $57.75 a day

Ugh, I know it's just starting, but the wait is killing me!! :biggrin: I wish they would announce the dates before tickets go on sale, though. I like to ask off from my job as soon as possible, hehe. It has to be within the next two weeks, however.

jdixon1972

edited November 2018
    Ugh, I know it's just starting, but the wait is killing me!! :biggrin: I wish they would announce the dates before tickets go on sale, though. I like to ask off from my job as soon as possible, hehe. It has to be within the next two weeks, however.

jdixon1972

The site had updated earlier to show it is in fact March 28-31 if that’s what you mean but they seem to have changed it back

rpgamer246 on
    I wonder why it's such a big deal to keep these days secret for so long? What would be the damage if we knew these dates right after 2018 ended. If I remember correctly, they contracted with the BCEC for a 10 year period, so these dates should be set in stone long ago.

jdixon1972

Yeah I don’t get why they don’t just have it announced in advance. I mean we all know the date, heck the indie megabooth site publicly lists the date!

http://indiemegabooth.com/event/pax-east-2019/

Thanks, rpgamer246! I would have never found that out! Well, people, I guess now we should start stalking @PAX_Badges on twitter. This is the time my phone never leaves my side, hehe. Ooh, we should start an informal type betting pool (no money, just for fun) to guess what day it will be. It's got to fall between now, 11/7, to 11/21. It's just a thought, hehe :)

jdixon1972

• VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    we should start an informal type betting pool (no money, just for fun) to guess what day it will be. It's got to fall between now, 11/7, to 11/21. It's just a thought, hehe :)

It'll be today. They've already dropped hints.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Today definitely feels like the day. I sure hope it is anyways. Wondering though if I should try going for my hotel FIRST this year, and badges second. Im usually with my badges paid for within 2 minutes of it going live, but I really need to get into the Element, aloft second choice. Will be traveling with a pet this year and need easy access to my hotel and must be pet friendly.

yutani san wrote: »
    Wondering though if I should try going for my hotel FIRST this year, and badges second.

So, uh, be ready to not have that be possible. Based on a loophole last year they may require you to have some kind of order number from buying pax passes in order to be able to book your hotel. Unconfirmed, but from a source I trust.

Wondering though if I should try going for my hotel FIRST this year, and badges second.

So, uh, be ready to not have that be possible. Based on a loophole last year they may require you to have some kind of order number from buying pax passes in order to be able to book your hotel. Unconfirmed, but from a source I trust.

Thank you. That is good to know. Last year I know I was fast enough that when I bought my badges I had good options, but last year closeness didn't matter hah. Maybe I can queue up for both.

• minimunchminimunch Registered User regular
    I know last year the onpeak link was posted here on the forum before it was publicly available on the pax website or on twitter - anyone know how it was obtained?

• SugarToezSugarToez Registered User regular
    I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask but me and a few friends typically stay at the seaport but are looking for something different this year. Does anyone know of a decent hotel through the onpeak partnership that has suite style rooms with a door separating the bed from the lounge area? Some of us can only sleep with noise while others need complete silence so were looking for room suggestions.

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    minimunch wrote: »
    I know last year the onpeak link was posted here on the forum before it was publicly available on the pax website or on twitter - anyone know how it was obtained?

I'm not sure exactly where that came from to be honest, but it was either twitter or PAX Checker. I can try to post it again this year. Fingers crossed for today!!

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • GrandCrossGrandCross Registered User new member
    I am hoping this year will be much better than last year. If this year consist of VIP lounges and half the expo hall with BR games it will probably be the last time I go for multiple days.

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    SugarToez wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask but me and a few friends typically stay at the seaport but are looking for something different this year. Does anyone know of a decent hotel through the onpeak partnership that has suite style rooms with a door separating the bed from the lounge area? Some of us can only sleep with noise while others need complete silence so were looking for room suggestions.

you would have to book outside the PAX hotel block since the rooms are mostly offered as simply one bed, two bed, or run of house options within the booking portal. suite upgrades might be able to happen once the bookings transfer over to the hotels directly, but it is never guaranteed.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    jayh0va wrote: »

I'm not sure exactly where that came from to be honest, but it was either twitter or PAX Checker. I can try to post it again this year. Fingers crossed for today!!

It was on here before the tweet went out. Someone posted the direct link to onPeak, though I don't know how. But it was great.

Test Tweets are going out from the Pax badges twitter. I'm assuming that means it's soon. Battle Stations!

It was on here before the tweet went out. Someone posted the direct link to onPeak, though I don't know how. But it was great.

Test Tweets are going out from the Pax badges twitter. I'm assuming that means it's soon. Battle Stations!

It's not gonna work that way again, unfortunately. From what I'm hearing, in order to make a hotel reservation you need to have already bought tickets. There's some kind of number that'll either be carried or need to be inputted to make your reservation. Even if the link was shared now, you'd still have to wait until tickets went public. So, unfortunately, loophole closed. :P Fun while it lasted.

They do test tweets daily usually a couple times a day, so thats not really an indication unfortunately. Ugg the noon slot has passes, Im feeling in my gut it will be at 1pm EST. I can't take much more of this XD Year after year, the waiting always sucks.

, Im feeling in my gut it will be at 1pm EST. I can't take much more of this XD Year after year, the waiting always sucks.

Be ready for the longhaul, IIRC it was around 3:45 PM either last year or the year before when tickets went on sale. I'm guessing it's going to be about 3.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular

They do test tweets daily usually a couple times a day, so thats not really an indication unfortunately. Ugg the noon slot has passes, Im feeling in my gut it will be at 1pm EST. I can't take much more of this XD Year after year, the waiting always sucks.

I just meant that someone was awake and controlling the twitter, puts me on edge! It's always such a stressful time, and I can't decide if it's better that they told us the day in advance or worse!

• GrandCrossGrandCross Registered User new member
    Watch them release tickets around 5 ish EST when we are commuting home lol

edited November 2018
    , Im feeling in my gut it will be at 1pm EST. I can't take much more of this XD Year after year, the waiting always sucks.

Be ready for the longhaul, IIRC it was around 3:45 PM either last year or the year before when tickets went on sale. I'm guessing it's going to be about 3.

Ugg, im scared, I drive home around 3:30 and get home at 4:15 so.... with my luck it would be then!

Last year they went live 3pm EST, and the year before 2:30pm EST. Here is the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXHdgnv_RzFAPI8dW4YL1iTp50oLeJsrinu7YEvjpFQ/edit#gid=0

EDIT: And looks like last year all the paxes except dev and aus went live at noon / 3pmEST so maybe that is what we can expect the trend to be.

yutani san on
This discussion has been closed.