As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Quinn69 (a popular D3 streamer) dropped a pretty angry video today.

In that video, he references this site right here. An official Blizzard site.
    Blizzard makes D3 RoS Mobile Game April Fools Joke in 2014

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. The redshirt guy who is now internet famous was absolutely correct when he boldly asked at the mic if this was an out of season April Fools joke. The answer is "yes." Blizzard themselves made a joke about Diablo Mobile back in 2014 and lampoon the whole mobile genre/platform and it's play2win/pay2win scheme and all sorts of other things inherent to the platform.

Here's Quinn's video if you care to see a fairly well researched angry video. He's not just spouting angst and anguish. He's providing pretty cold hard evidence against Blizzard and justifying his anger with fact.

I mean, this is a bit disingenuous. Their April Fool's joke was about a Flappy Bird clone and was poking fun at that, mostly. Unless I'm missing something, that link doesn't mention anything about p2w schemes or anything of the like. Diablo Immortal is nothing like that. Poking a little fun at a mobile game does not forever mean you can't release a mobile game. That's...ridiculous at best.

I'm still watching the video, the beginning is...pretty much the same garbage that's been thrown around, mostly just the opposite of "not spouting angst and anguish" but it levels out a bit and I don't really disagree with all of his points. He points out that Blizzard likely isn't colluding to remove dislikes on the video, etc. I don't think he goes into the "reskin" claims, fortunately. He does go into how NetEase pushes out pretty mediocre games, which is frankly, probably my biggest concern. I'll finish watching it in a bit, but he's pretty hyperbolic about a lot of his statements so it's hit or miss.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Who gives an actual fuck about what Diablo 2 developers have to say? They have a huge bias and some of them have been nothing but blowhards on the net.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    In other streamer news, I saw two streamers mention that they heard a patch is coming, and someone linked to Rhykker playing at blizzcon and nevalistis tells him something is happening next season but she just hasn't had time to get the blog post out yet.

Given the blizzcon reaction I think it'd be pretty foolish of her to use "we'll have a new season theme" as an excuse for a patch hint like that, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what's happening.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting Jesseth Arms?
    not really, outside of a handful of specific items you can not farm specific items easily.

if you have bloodshards* to spare you could try gambling for them.
    Jesseth is a Scythe/Shield combo so your odds are not terrible compared to some item types

*btw beating Solo Greater Rifts and raising your personal best highest GR will improve how many bloodshards you can hold at a time

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I think the Quin69 video is reasonable and is almost exactly how I feel about the issue.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fun with item drops:

- I start talking about how I'm drooling over Jesseth Arms and the scythe dropped very shortly, in a random dungeon while doing bounties.

- "Smart loot" saw fit to give me an ancient Stone of Jordan...for barbarians only.

- I just now did a level 20 greater rift, completing my season journey part 4 and getting Rathma's pants and armor! ...the rewards for killing the rift guardian included Rathma's pants. At least I got to choose the better ones!

EDIT: Aaand I just gambled the Jesseth Skullshield. First unique from gambling for shields, it was like 400 shards.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Jesseth is a fun set.
    Now you can command skeletons once and giggle maniacally as they ping-pong their way around the map murderkilling everything.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Grats mate.

So I just watched a bit of Lord Fluffys reaction to the whole situation, couldn't watch all of it, because, at work, and it's sorta a big day in Australia and my job (racing industry). Will watch more later, but I can understand why people are bummed about the whole situation.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Shoutout to @Aumni for coincidentally leveling a necro as I was about to make one too, @Betsuni for pushing us from lvl 49 to 70, and then Aumni again for inspiring me to jump into a couple games of HotS after not touching it for... almost 3 years? Dang.

It’s still not really my jam, but made my evening more fun after expecting no one would be around. :+1: GGs :+1:

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm not bummed because I had no expectations and I completely understand why Activision wants to make a mobile game with the Diablo brand. I do totally support the backlash though as I have a childish love of seeing the weak rise up and speak truth (and untruth) to power. My favorite Youtube video on the DI fiasco cuts past all this and gets to the true human drama of the situation. These are ancient truths that underpin our continued reverence for Machiavelli and Shakespeare (and Tarantino).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9YoqyOQekE

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    not really, outside of a handful of specific items you can not farm specific items easily.

Jesseth is a Scythe/Shield combo so your odds are not terrible compared to some item types

*btw beating Solo Greater Rifts and raising your personal best highest GR will improve how many bloodshards you can hold at a time

You will drop what you need in a week tops if you play like a teenager on summer vacation. I both like and dislike this about D3. The big jumps in power happen pretty fast and then it is the slow drip of power after you've got your build set up and you are looking for Ancients and the perfect stat combos. You quickly hit 70 rifts and then things slow down and it is all about minor upgrades and fishing rifts. This is probably why I play a lot of solo self found PoE (which has its own frustrations and explains why I jump between the two). I love D3 because super fun and it's Diablo and I love (and hate) PoE because I've been playing for 6 years and still haven't dropped a tier 1 unique item.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options

You will drop what you need in a week tops if you play like a teenager on summer vacation. I both like and dislike this about D3. The big jumps in power happen pretty fast and then it is the slow drip of power after you've got your build set up and you are looking for Ancients and the perfect stat combos. You quickly hit 70 rifts and then things slow down and it is all about minor upgrades and fishing rifts. This is probably why I play a lot of solo self found PoE (which has its own frustrations and explains why I jump between the two). I love D3 because super fun and it's Diablo and I love (and hate) PoE because I've been playing for 6 years and still haven't dropped a tier 1 unique item.

Yeah, I just had a huge jump in power. I got a couple pieces (including finishing my set) and basically went from slowly doing T4 to T9 (possibly T10 now, I just got another piece before I got off for the night). It feels nice when it happens but it'll start to get to more incremental upgrades as I just replace things for optimal stats.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    If I ever finish my last Witch Doctor set dungeon, then Monk will be the only class I need to "complete" (by my definition). I'll probably just wait until whichever season gives the most OP monk starter set. Any monk experts know which set that is and when in the rotation it would likely come around?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The last thing I need to do to get my full set is complete a level 20 greater rift. I did my first greater rift at the highest level it would let me do it, 12, and I finished with almost 10 minutes to spare. But level 20 should be around torment 4 and playing that normally is doable but really slow compared to what I'm used to, so I'm worried about that. Is this typically a stumbling block, where I need to go grind for loot for a while? Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting Jesseth Arms?

You can use the "upgrade rare item" recipe in the cube to fish for specific items you're chasing. eg in this case upgrading a load of rare scythes and shields. It's far more reliable than waiting for drops, plus any misses can be cubed so it's a win win, especially early on.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    If I ever finish my last Witch Doctor set dungeon, then Monk will be the only class I need to "complete" (by my definition). I'll probably just wait until whichever season gives the most OP monk starter set. Any monk experts know which set that is and when in the rotation it would likely come around?

Right now probably the sunwuko bell build.

Next season is Uliana and that’s somewhat good too, but sunwuko is up next after that in like April or something.

• Options

Do strategies mentioned here work? (Switching gears to getting the Circle of Nailuj's Evol)

They say to have an alt at level 11 go gambling for it because it's one of few rings in the drop table at that level. But won't that result in a level 11 version of the ring? Is the point there to cube for the power then?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Do strategies mentioned here work? (Switching gears to getting the Circle of Nailuj's Evol)

They say to have an alt at level 11 go gambling for it because it's one of few rings in the drop table at that level. But won't that result in a level 11 version of the ring? Is the point there to cube for the power then?

exactly that yes

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Do low level season alts have the same number of blood shards as I do?

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    All “currency” is shared across your seasonal toons. That includes shards.

• Options
    Once I got those couple of sets and their bonuses at the same time things got pretty crazy like instantly. Went from taking a while to kill things on torment 4 to instantly killing everything all the time. Maybe a weird comparison but it kind of feels like the moment you break a Disgaea game and go from gaining individual levels to gaining hundreds or thousands at a time, suddenly everything that was tough at one point just melts. It's nuts. This is me:

GkcFbd3.gif

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    When I got the Demon Hunter 6-piece bonus for this season's free set, I went from like Torment 4 to Torment 8 instantly, with no other changes. It feels great. The other thing that feels great is having legendaries and set items just rain down on you.

Oh, and the other awesome thing, something I forgot about since I've been away from D3 for a year or so: when you have Boon of the Hoarder, Goldskin, and maybe some more +gold items equipped (Kymbo's Gold, etc), doing an AOE turns monsters into fountains of gold. Just, an entire screen goes from mobs to gold. Gold stops being a limiting factor very quickly once you move up in Torment levels, so having this full screen of gold isn't a big deal materially, but it's so viscerally satisfying.

It's always bummed me out that maxing out +gold and wearing Custerian Wristguards isn't actually an efficient way to get XP.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Kotaku: "Blizzard totally had a thing, guys!"

Blizzard: "No, we had nothing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiMRK48M5A
    Really Blizz, how hard is the number 4?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    When I got the Demon Hunter 6-piece bonus for this season's free set, I went from like Torment 4 to Torment 8 instantly, with no other changes. It feels great. The other thing that feels great is having legendaries and set items just rain down on you.

Oh, and the other awesome thing, something I forgot about since I've been away from D3 for a year or so: when you have Boon of the Hoarder, Goldskin, and maybe some more +gold items equipped (Kymbo's Gold, etc), doing an AOE turns monsters into fountains of gold. Just, an entire screen goes from mobs to gold. Gold stops being a limiting factor very quickly once you move up in Torment levels, so having this full screen of gold isn't a big deal materially, but it's so viscerally satisfying.

It's always bummed me out that maxing out +gold and wearing Custerian Wristguards isn't actually an efficient way to get XP.

Yeah, the "level 70" experience thing bummed me out too. But it is always fun to run Multishot UE with all the gold find stuff.

Just a head's up for those who play with others though. You actually have to kill the monster to have it explode in gold. Otherwise, you'll just be playing cleanup after your friend/partner/groupie.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Noggin wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

Right now probably the sunwuko bell build.

Next season is Uliana and that’s somewhat good too, but sunwuko is up next after that in like April or something.
    Thanks. See you seasonal guys in April-June!

Actually that works well, because in January I'd like to finally try out the 20th anniversary event thing.

forty on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I heard Goldskin + Goldwrap can be OP. And the Boon jewel.

It's cool how stuff like that can be treated like a resource to change up the game and what you keep an eye out for, what you gear for. Depending on how big a deal it is you could even target increasing collection radius...in fact I have a necro skill or two that use that also (Devour).

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Ya, there's a few different gear swaps available that can pay off in torments.

- Boon/avarice band/goldwrap as you mentioned.
    - nemesis bracers: more elites = more rift progress, more deaths breaths, more legendary opportunities
    - Leoric's crown: more CDR with diamonds, cheaper skills with topaz, more gold with emerald, etc...
    - ring of royal grandeur (rorg): extra armor power, or combo of sets
    - sage's set (w/ rorg): extra deaths breath for classes that can fit it
    - in-geom: much faster cooldowns with frequent elite kills

... probably more I'm not thinking of offhand, and that doesn't even touch on the class specific options available!

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Goldwrap is a solid belt for general use (except in greater rifts), assuming you don't have better. But there should be a necro belt that gives 50% dr if there are any cursed enemies, which might be preferred.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

It's cool how stuff like that can be treated like a resource to change up the game and what you keep an eye out for, what you gear for. Depending on how big a deal it is you could even target increasing collection radius...in fact I have a necro skill or two that use that also (Devour).

you should use the numlock trick with devour to auto-cast it and then never use the "Devouring Aura" rune.

wait what platform are you playing on? Numlock trick only works on PC (for obvious reasons)

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I imagine that it's trivial to replicate on the Switch - just assign it to a trigger and have it constantly held down.

It's so dumb that auto-cast isn't an option in the base game, though.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I think what bothered me the most about the D3 storyline is... alright, I'll put this in spoilers:
    The way they treated Adria. I really liked how, for half the game, it's like "Oh man, here's this familiar face who's been fighting this evil for ages, now she's here to guide a new hero through the paces, also she's like a witch or whatever but she's good, let's overturn dumb tropes :+1:"

And then they go "Lolnope she's evil and furthermore she's always been evil", and she ties the helpless young woman to the train tracks.
    I don't actually mind it that much because of the way it re-frames some of the first game. All in all I don't think they found a bad way to retcon things and make everything Diablo's plan of sorts. I think the lore was pretty well done overall.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't like all the Worldstone information in Diablo 3 all new? Why it was there, where it started out, why Baal was corrupting it. I feel like in D2 we had no idea what it was and what it did other than "it's important." I might've just not been paying attention to lore at the time though. But if it's all from this game then it is kind of cool and makes sense.

"Hey, the creepy old lady who turns out to be kind of nice after all," isn't exactly brilliant novel. I could see the case that it's also a dumb trope. :?
    Really, I suppose it gets to the point that Adria and all these other characters were so shallowly defined in the first place. I suppose I was more surprised that she retconned into "putting on an act" in the first game by pretending to be much older than she actually was.

It's kind of a dumb detail though. Like Archbishop Lazarus being retconned into having a long beard.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Al_wat wrote: »

you should use the numlock trick with devour to auto-cast it and then never use the "Devouring Aura" rune.

wait what platform are you playing on? Numlock trick only works on PC (for obvious reasons)

Yes it is difficult to numlock on the Switch! :P

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I think what bothered me the most about the D3 storyline is... alright, I'll put this in spoilers:
    The way they treated Adria. I really liked how, for half the game, it's like "Oh man, here's this familiar face who's been fighting this evil for ages, now she's here to guide a new hero through the paces, also she's like a witch or whatever but she's good, let's overturn dumb tropes :+1:"

And then they go "Lolnope she's evil and furthermore she's always been evil", and she ties the helpless young woman to the train tracks.
    I don't actually mind it that much because of the way it re-frames some of the first game. All in all I don't think they found a bad way to retcon things and make everything Diablo's plan of sorts. I think the lore was pretty well done overall.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't like all the Worldstone information in Diablo 3 all new? Why it was there, where it started out, why Baal was corrupting it. I feel like in D2 we had no idea what it was and what it did other than "it's important." I might've just not been paying attention to lore at the time though. But if it's all from this game then it is kind of cool and makes sense.

"Hey, the creepy old lady who turns out to be kind of nice after all," isn't exactly brilliant novel. I could see the case that it's also a dumb trope. :?
    Really, I suppose it gets to the point that Adria and all these other characters were so shallowly defined in the first place. I suppose I was more surprised that she retconned into "putting on an act" in the first game by pretending to be much older than she actually was.

It's kind of a dumb detail though. Like Archbishop Lazarus being retconned into having a long beard.
    I didn't remember anything in D3 retconning that Adria was pretending to be older. The only thing I can think of that would give that impression was the voice actress change and I was fine with that. If you mean that she looks reasonably young for it being 20 years later, well heck she's a witch, I assumed she had unnatural longevity and she wasn't faking anything. I don't know why she would need to.

As far as Lazarus having a beard I think I'm ok with various changes along those lines.

Cain used to look really bad. So, so bad.

ukN8wQN.png

I don't know why they thought that was an acceptable victory screen in a game with the level of quality it had in cutscenes. Just make a Marius-quality Cain! We know you can do it!

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    this will be the last I put up about diablo immortal and the backlash for it since I've basically just swooped in and video dropped. I've been keeping tabs and digging around on this because while I don't play much diablo, I do like it.
    there is some shady shit rolling around from Activision Blizzard on this. Blizzard has been working with Youtube to manipulate the views/up/downvotes and removing comments. Microtransactions are being scrutinized by governments and organizations looking to get a piece of that money pie. Where could developers go to evade a lot of that observation? Mobile Phone Markets. Not to mention that NetEase is in charge of Diablo Immortal. A chinese company that has multiple blizzard game licenses and looking tentatively at gameplay videos... Diablo Immortal looks like a reskin of Crusaders of Light.

I'll try and find some good stuff Diablo related to balance out.

Here's another video about all this from ItsaGundam. The guy is acerbic and curses. A Lot. But he always brings up good points.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3jxB7gx8ms

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I didn't remember anything in D3 retconning that Adria was pretending to be older. The only thing I can think of that would give that impression was the voice actress change and I was fine with that. If you mean that she looks reasonably young for it being 20 years later, well heck she's a witch, I assumed she had unnatural longevity and she wasn't faking anything. I don't know why she would need to.
    According to the official timeline, Adria should be in her 40s during D1 and 60s during D2.

Nothing explicitly says her age in D1 but it is the same voice actor as the rogue apparently trying to sound elderly and not 40 at all.

• Options
    this will be the last I put up about diablo immortal and the backlash for it since I've basically just swooped in and video dropped. I've been keeping tabs and digging around on this because while I don't play much diablo, I do like it.
    there is some shady shit rolling around from Activision Blizzard on this. Blizzard has been working with Youtube to manipulate the views/up/downvotes and removing comments. Microtransactions are being scrutinized by governments and organizations looking to get a piece of that money pie. Where could developers go to evade a lot of that observation? Mobile Phone Markets. Not to mention that NetEase is in charge of Diablo Immortal. A chinese company that has multiple blizzard game licenses and looking tentatively at gameplay videos... Diablo Immortal looks like a reskin of Crusaders of Light.

For the NetEase thing, yeah, it's clear they have a long history with Blizzard so it's not crazy that they were chosen to lead development on it. But anyway, the bolded points here are things we already know aren't true:

Blizzard has likely removed comments, yes (though with hundreds of people posting the same comments over and over, this isn't that "strange"). However, there is zero proof they are working with YouTube to manipulate votes. Most likely there are votes being removed due to automated bot votes, this is likely an automatic process that runs as it can to analyze the data. If they were manipulating votes they would be doing a terrible job at it since there are still an overwhelming number of dislikes. The second part of this was someone presented the idea that Blizzard removed and uploaded the video as "unlisted" to circumvent the voting process. This never happened, the original video is still up. They posted "unlisted" videos for different regions to be linked to from the launcher. Again, a fairly normal thing. It's ridiculous to suggest this.

Reskin has a very specific definition. It does not mean "using the same engine as a base" or "using generally tried and true UI positioning". With that being said, we know two things here: People have played Diablo Immortal (in its current form) and people have played Crusaders of Light. Aside from being mobile ARPGs, they don't really play similarly. The only similarity is the UI, which looks almost exactly like every other mobile ARPG's UI out there. Probably because it works. This is another thing being thrown around the Diablo subreddit with no actual facts.

However, even though it wasn't mentioned here, the other game that gets mentioned in regards to a "reskin" is called Endless of God, and it's actually much closer! There was a moment when I was like "oh, this might actually be something." Mostly because they designed it to be a mobile clone of D3. However, it's super janky and pretty much what you would expect from someone just trying to copy as much as they can without actually adding any substance. So maybe it's a reskin of that? Fortunately, it's not. Diablo Immortal is clearly much smoother. It looks to have some actual substance and it's clear that the quality is much higher, even at this early stage of development. If it were something as simple as a reskin it would be pretty obvious in the gameplay videos.

Blizzard has also specifically stated it is a new game being built from the ground up. I mean, don't believe it or whatever, but can we stop pushing these two theories here? Leave it on the Diablo subreddit.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    It’s much more likely that YouTube are removing dislikes because people are using bots to leave them than it is they have some bizarre arrangement with blizzard to do so. The only reasoning behind that anyone ever posts is some variant of “ they’re both corporations! dun dum dunnnn” and it’s silly every time

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Fun with item drops:

- I start talking about how I'm drooling over Jesseth Arms and the scythe dropped very shortly, in a random dungeon while doing bounties.

- "Smart loot" saw fit to give me an ancient Stone of Jordan...for barbarians only.

- I just now did a level 20 greater rift, completing my season journey part 4 and getting Rathma's pants and armor! ...the rewards for killing the rift guardian included Rathma's pants. At least I got to choose the better ones!

EDIT: Aaand I just gambled the Jesseth Skullshield. First unique from gambling for shields, it was like 400 shards.

Complaining on the internet has worked to get me rare shit in games a lot.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I had a great time with some friends last night, went to their house and pushed some higher difficulty stuff though it was still a bit easier than my buddy wanted to do. I'm not quite as high up on gear and skill as he is.

He and his wife are playing together on one Switch and as PC players it's been a big adjustment for them, not just to console but the way it works locally. One player dragging along the other at the edge of the screen, or getting them teleported into the middle of a damaging area accidentally, fighting over who does the loot stuff in town...it's really unfortunate that they didn't find a way to let at least two players be in the menu at the same time. Imagine if you had access to all NPCs in town through one tabbed interface, get all your business done in one place without having to walk from salvage to storage etc. and it took up half the screen. Local multiplayer would be so much smoother.

But it was all still fun. While doing bounties, in the course of like 20 minutes I ran across two goblins that ported me to the Vault (this was across games, as we finished one set of bounties and remade, so it was a new Vault) and also another that ported me to Whimseydale. It was crazy luck. And my friend transmuted a Puzzle Ring he had for another Vault and also the Bovine Bardiche for the Not Cow Level. And then a few minutes later another Bovine Bardiche dropped so we went there again. It was rare zones over and over.

He also jumped my greater rift level up to 50+ now, he was ahead of me so I got to skip a lot. And I can still do them solo.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    However, even though it wasn't mentioned here, the other game that gets mentioned in regards to a "reskin" is called Endless of God, and it's actually much closer! There was a moment when I was like "oh, this might actually be something." Mostly because they designed it to be a mobile clone of D3. However, it's super janky and pretty much what you would expect from someone just trying to copy as much as they can without actually adding any substance. So maybe it's a reskin of that? Fortunately, it's not. Diablo Immortal is clearly much smoother. It looks to have some actual substance and it's clear that the quality is much higher, even at this early stage of development. If it were something as simple as a reskin it would be pretty obvious in the gameplay videos.

Blizzard has also specifically stated it is a new game being built from the ground up. I mean, don't believe it or whatever, but can we stop pushing these two theories here? Leave it on the Diablo subreddit.
    What evidence was it that it's not a reskin? It can be a reskin and still play smoother, it's not mutually exclusive.

As for actual substance, also curious why you're saying that, given that those who played it said it was clear it was still early and that most of the features aren't working yet and most of the characters are definitely not done yet. Can tell that even by looking at the character breakdowns on their promo website.

I am asking because I am curious and if I missed something, I want to read it....I just don't see where you're pulling a lot of your assertions from. The main one I have seen is that some people who played it felt it played too simple while others said they did have fun with it.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Here's what I don't get. Like at all.

Diablo Immortal is, itself, very clearly still in early development. They are still prototyping a lot of stuff. Things like itemization, skills, augmentation, and all of that are still massively undefined. The game is at best probably 6 to 9 months away, but more realistically probably more like 15-20 months away. This is based on all of the "we don't know yet" and "we're still figuring that out" and "good question but we can't answer that right now" that went on during their Q&A panels.

This game is still in a very early stage.

So why couldn't they even drop so much as a peep about other projects? It's not like we're gonna be getting Immortal anytime soon. Might as well give something the fans want, even if it's just a name drop and a logo.