As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 5E] You can't triple stamp a double stamp!

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    They basically are king arthur's knights from monty python and I wouldn't have it any other way

edited November 2018
    Another note on my party, they found a room with lots of body parts from lots of people, preserved (magically?), still seeming "alive?" they picked up a hand and it scuttled off and resealed that crate, in this same room they found a machine that builds flesh golems

In another room they found a skull that belonged to a little girl which is sentient and doesnt know she's dead and is now floating along behind them

so now they're like "Hey we can just stick the skull in the machine with the best approximation of a person we can cobble together and then she'll have a body again!"

goddamnit guys, you're in the temple of the nine gods to stop the evil experimenting lich committing sins against god and man not to put in a job application

override367 on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I'm on a conference call, and I read that last line at exactly the wrong time, @override367 !

• SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Picking up my Strahd campaign tonight.
    My guys just arrived at the Wizards of Wine (And the Light Cleric and Wizard both just learned fireball, so pretty much annihilated the forty or so twig blights outside the winery), so they'll have a bit of a donjon crawl tonight. Whether they'll head to Yester Hill afterwards to finish off the druids or not I can't say.

Their reading is pointing them towards Krezk and Argynvostholt, but they've left Ireena Kolyana in the Blue Water Inn for now. She'll likely get kidnapped by Izek Strazni during the latest Festival, whether they return or not.

my group had a really failsome moment there:
    I set the whole thing up so that they'd be able to approach the winery just fine but then notice swarms of the little twigs closing in. What followed was a tense mix of closing and locking doors, dealing with the blights in the winery as well as the druids. The druid with the gulthias staff attempted to flee, two of the 5 PCs jumped out of the winery (loading bay area) after her, caught her, dispatched her and took the staff realising it was somehow controlling the twig blights. They immediately turned around and ran for the winery.

The two PCs, a druid bear tank that had taken surprisingly little damage and a rogue that was basically being held together by his armor, were stood on the wagon, below the open doors of the loading bay where their friends were doing their best to cover them/heal them. The rogue threw the gulthias staff to the barbarian up above, telling him to snap it and then took cover in the wagon, counting on the bear to hold them off for a brief few seconds. The bear, to the surprise of everyone, leapt up and clawed his way to safety leaving the rogue, all alone, on the wagon. The barbarian snaps the staff in half, killing all the twigs but alas, too late. The rogue had been stabbed to death.

Gave the druid an inspiration point though, he did write "abject coward" as his flaw :P

Curse of Strahd session report!
    So they cleaned out the Wizards of Wine very handily. As I said, our Wizard and Cleric (Light) had just picked up Fireball and destroyed the mobs of twig blights without batting an eyelid, which just left the druids inside the winery, who were also a walkover. They got off a Thunderwave on the whole group, and the druid with the Gulthias staff managed to hit the cleric with a Heat Metal (Which put the fear up him) before dropping down into the loading dock and making a break for it towards Yester Hill.

My intention was for him to get away, yelling something like "Your doom comes from Yester Hill!" but our wizard had other ideas and let lose a scorching ray, hitting him with all three blasts at almost max damage. The dude went up like a roman candle, and did so much damage I ruled the Gulthias staff went up in flame too - cue inhuman scream from the staff and whatever blights were left nearby dropping dead too.

Old Man Martikov opened up to the group about the missing 'magic seeds' and the whole wereraven thing, and let them take a cart of wine back to the Blue Water Inn. Their plan was to hunt down the seed at Yester Hill once they dropped the wine off to Ulwin Martikov. Arriving at Vallaki, and One Festival of the Blazing Sun later (Which they observed completely passively) they met back up with Ireena in the Inn, who was at table with Rictavio enjoying his stories. This was their first meeting with Rictavio, so they grilled him like the sociopaths they are. They didn't learn much, he told them a few rumours about Izek Strazni, but they sussed out that something was up with him (High insight roll). They also let slip that there may still be some vampires asleep over the coffin-makers shop (They retrieved the bones of St. Andral, but left the vampire spawn unmolested). Upon learning this, Rictavio quickly made his excuses and left - maybe to deal with the vampires?

Then Izek Strazni entered the inn, to get black out drunk, as he had nothing else on his to-do list. They had previously learned of his predilection for Ireena shaped dolls so were rightfully worried that they were both in the same room. All the other clientele cleared out. Our cleric thought that this would be a great time to sit down and have a chat with Ol' Monster Arm.

The cleric, with no hint of subtlety, sat down across from him and began quizzing Izek about the Baron, Strahd, and his dolls. Izek initially told him to F off, he was drinking, but when that was ignored he just stared out the cleric, a vein bulging on the side of his head, until he finally failed a wisdom save and smashed his tankard of wine over the cleric's face knocking him to the ground (natural 20 on that attack roll). The party, smarter than our cleric, quietly minded their drinks.

Izek told them all that they had an hour to leave town. He was coming back with his axe and some guards, if he found them within the walls there would be trouble. He gave the cleric one more kick in the ribs for good measure (Another high attack and damage roll - a few broken ribs there), then left... not before rolling an 18 on his Perception check and noticing Ireena Kolyana trying in vain to hide her face...

And that's where we left it. Izek is going to attempt to kidnap Ireena next session, possibly as they leave town (If they leave town). If they put up a fight, Fiona Wachter will approach them to ally against the Baron (They may have broken into her basement for no good reason and broke her skeletons) and generously offer to put up Ireena. If they allow that to happen, she will of course be immediately handed over to Strahd.

So a fun session, the first of their campaign that ended on a proper cliffhanger I feel. It'll be a few months before we can pick it up due to an imminent birth hut I'm looking forward to it already.

Schadenfreude on
    Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I gotta stop reading these Strahd posts.

I finally managed to finagle one of the other DMs in my group to get into 5e and to finally run me some Curse of Strahd! He's said he's gonna Strahd me real good!

edited November 2018
    Ooh yes curse of strahd spoilers
    We talked to lady wachter a bit, my wizard made a cat costume for her daughter which she really enjoyed. We got lady wachter to admit a bunch of nefarious shit, including her fake cult meeting in the basement. When charmed & suggestion(spell) to give us all the deets on her cult, she said they were regular people.

Well the DM flubbed that because our resourceless part saunters downstairs after chaining lady wachter somewhere and the cultists are all spellcasters (fake cult my ass?) and really fucking strong. I asked what the floor was made of and the DM said dirt so I used Mold Earth to just block the door to the room they were in and just kept moving earth over against that side of the room until the party could fetch guards to assist us, otherwise it would have been a TPK right then and there

Lady wachter is getting exiled, the bard tricked my character into marrying the burgermeister's asshole son, izek is dead, irena is having a pint at the winchester and waiting for this to all blow over, and there's a festival tomorrow...

override367 on
    Ooh yes curse of strahd spoilers
    We talked to lady wachter a bit, my wizard made a cat costume for her daughter which she really enjoyed. We got lady wachter to admit a bunch of nefarious shit, including her fake cult meeting in the basement. When charmed & suggestion(spell) to give us all the deets on her cult, she said they were regular people.

Well the DM flubbed that because our resourceless part saunters downstairs after chaining lady wachter somewhere and the cultists are all spellcasters (fake cult my ass?) and really fucking strong. I asked what the floor was made of and the DM said dirt so I used Mold Earth to just block the door to the room they were in and just kept moving earth over against that side of the room until the party could fetch guards to assist us, otherwise it would have been a TPK right then and there

Lady wachter is getting exiled, the bard tricked my character into marrying the burgermeister's asshole son, izek is dead, irena is having a pint at the winchester and waiting for this to all blow over, and there's a festival tomorrow...

All will be well!

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I had to deal with horrific grevious injuries as when encountering a massive spinning Adamantine fan the party decided they’d all just jump between the blades

They finished level 1 of tomb of the nine gods with 2 people no longer having feet, one missing an arm, and had to use their one shot regeneration on a nat 1, 150% hp damage roll cutting the bard in half. This was done with virtually no consideration or thought

The NPC with the party withdrew her immovable rod, jammed the fan, and casually walked through immediately after they all finished chucking themselves in the food processor without even talking to each other about how to handle this

Thankfully for them, there was only one room left, and I’m splitting the tomb levels up so they got to leave the tomb as a bunch of ER trauma victims and teleport circle’d back to Nyanzaru for much needed temple services

The group I played in managed to actually break the fan. :cool:

edited November 2018
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I had to deal with horrific grevious injuries as when encountering a massive spinning Adamantine fan the party decided they’d all just jump between the blades

They finished level 1 of tomb of the nine gods with 2 people no longer having feet, one missing an arm, and had to use their one shot regeneration on a nat 1, 150% hp damage roll cutting the bard in half. This was done with virtually no consideration or thought

The NPC with the party withdrew her immovable rod, jammed the fan, and casually walked through immediately after they all finished chucking themselves in the food processor without even talking to each other about how to handle this

Thankfully for them, there was only one room left, and I’m splitting the tomb levels up so they got to leave the tomb as a bunch of ER trauma victims and teleport circle’d back to Nyanzaru for much needed temple services

The group I played in managed to actually break the fan. :cool:

I exaggerated the COMPLETE lack of planning, this is how it went:

Ranger "That looks dangerous"
    Sorcerer: "I could just chuck a bunch of magic missiles at it? (this would have worked!)
    Druid: *casts blight* "no good its probably invulnerable"
    Ranger: *orders pet across*
    DM: *Rolls natural 19, comes out to 27 acrobatics* your dog made it easily between the blades and is waiting for you
    Sorcerer: "Oh its probably an illusion, lets all go
    NPC: "Guys..."
    *everyone rushes into fan*

override367 on
    Spoilers on other stuff in the Tomb for how we broke the fan:
    The wizard in our party got the indestructible floating gold skull bound to him, so he told the strongmen in our group via Telepathy to carry an incredibly heavy metal block that had appeared (as part of a sort of dimensional reality shuffle that I don't think is part of the actual module?) up to the hallway where the fan was in order to weigh down the pressure plate. He had them drop the block on the pressure plate and then Misty Stepped to the other side of the fan, so the gold skull was drawn towards him as the blades spun up and the skull got stuck in the corner of the trap while the fans continued to spin for many minutes until the mechanism running the fan actually broke down from having to fight against the indestructible skull. The skull was red-hot glowing hot and had to grudgingly admit that it was a pretty good attempt.

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    God, adventurers are so dumb and I love them for it.

Okay, so I have to share my story time from last night but also with an explanation of the campaign as it began.

They are pirates in the M:tG setting of Ixalan, and after a first session that saw a ship-to-ship battle were forced to land for repairs to both their original one and the newly acquired Legion of Dusk sloop. While making camp, they decided to lean really hard into the "pirates" thing and began fostering a mutiny against their captain. The next day, a random encounter roll had them come across a ferry-creature while on an errand to get drinking water, to which their decision was "climb on board his boat and ask him to take us literally across the continent," so he did.

They were gone about a week (what they were doing isn't important to the story, but let me tell that last night they realized their plan was too ambitious so they kind of failed that, too), so I decided that the orc pair they tried to recruit grew concerned when they didn't return and took matters into their own hands, killing Captain Lazlo but also getting killed for their assassination attempt. Well, the group managed to summon the ferry back, and this time when they got on-board, after a bit of discussion over "should we go back to the shore? No, that might not take us back to the actual ship" they asked to be taken to their captain. My narration was roughly as follows: "The boat goes off into the mists, and while last time your trip was much shorter, this time the mists cloud around you, the water turns black, and you feel as if you are descending."

We had to end there--it was almost time anyway, but I was not preparing for them to descend into Xibalba.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    With MTG being D&D ifed I am curious if more of the various universe of it will be made playable

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    So I had this bizzare discussion with a fellow player about how he thought Druids don't have enough utility out of wildshape due to only getting two uses per day and "If you use it to turn into a mouse so you can get under a door that counts as a whole use!" and how they should opperate on a "points system" that would allow you to change into different creatures based on their CR as relating to the number of points you spent. because and I quote "Once you use both your wild shapes you're just a gimpy wizard".

I don't even know how to respond to this when Druid is up there with barbarian in terms of HP dump truck tanking.

edited November 2018
    Short rest is only an hour, you have to actively try to keep them used up

override367 on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wild shape is lucky I allow it to exist. My players nerfed wild shape as a group without my input.

Once you can summon a sleuth of bears then turn into a bear you easily out tank everyone.

Sleep on
    Also the idea that Druids are gimpy if they don't have wild shape is arguably the most absurd thing I've heard in a long ass time; Moon beam is ridiculously awesome for a ton of things ranging from trolling shapeshifters, controlling doorways/narrow passages, chewing through immobilized foes and deals the always tasty radiant damage, Heat metal is just mean to any poor bastard wearing metal armor, speak with plants can give you answers when you need a clue, conjure animals destroys everything if you have access to a monster manual and there isn't some horrid ambient effect to take out your swarm of wolves/flying snakes/velocaraptors, conjure woodland being allows you to summon another spellcaster...

Christ, that's all stuff you can do with just the basic spell list and I'm not even going for the most devestating stuff; all of that's from the first 4 spell levels.

edited November 2018
    Even I'll openly say druids are kinda broke, if your party contains one, and the person playing it is at least minimally competent, they give the party a notable advantage you need to consider when deving your encounters.

Sleep on
    edited November 2018
    Frankly, the single biggest issue I have with wildshape in as much as I can have one is that the scaling has some issues at higher levels; It caps out at like CR6 which means that you're going to be pretty outclassed in the damage/HP's department by most encounters you're going to run up against, but the simple fact is that if you want to be an utter bastard and just tank damage you can recover an average of 400.5 damage just by blowing your 22 spells (over the course of 22 rounds) as bonus actions and the ability to go right back into animal form for probably another 100 damage or so before finally having to take actual damage to themselves (at which point they will have on average 103 hps if they have no con or toughness mods) at level 20.

By comparison, a bearbarbarian at the equivelant level and modifiers will be looking at: 145 with resistance bumping his relative health to 290; if we go with my "boganella build" (max con+toughness+hill dwarf) you can bump the base up by another 140 (taking the relative amount to 470) at level 20.

It's fucking absurd.

Gaddez on
    edited November 2018
    So i'm mucking about with burket and snarla in the white plume game
    I'm making them a couple of warforged.

Burket is easy I take the veteran give it +1 con +2 strength +1 AC, and maybe show off the unarmed attack in the fight at least once.

Snarla is more effort. I think I'm still going to use the werewolf base ability scores with the 16 int but I may just need to build a warforged wizard from there?

Edit Pfft i'm dumb, what's better than a robot if not a transforming robot

Sleep on
    Going to be doing Waterdeep Heist next.

Here's the party set-up, and what they're planning for their specialization:
    Human Fighter (Battlemaster)
    Lizardfolk Fighter (Arcane Archer)
    Half-Elf Bard (Sword College)
    Tiefling Warlock (Infernal Pact)
    Dwarf Barbarian (Battlerager)
    Dwarf Cleric (Forge Domain)

Now, which character do you think I am playing?

Going to be doing Waterdeep Heist next.

Here's the party set-up, and what they're planning for their specialization:
    Human Fighter (Battlemaster)
    Lizardfolk Fighter (Arcane Archer)
    Half-Elf Bard (Sword College)
    Tiefling Warlock (Infernal Pact)
    Dwarf Barbarian (Battlerager)
    Dwarf Cleric (Forge Domain)

Now, which character do you think I am playing?

Forge domain?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Battlerager.

edited November 2018
    It's the Lizardfolk.

I didn't know I was going to go Lizardfolk when I was thinking about a character, but they're just so different in terms of roleplay, and mechanically speaking they have a lot of stuff that's kind of bonkers. I get 13+Dex mod AC for free? Yes please. I can hold my breath for 15 minutes? Sure! I get a 1d6+Str mod natural attack that I can use once a short rest as a bonus action and gain THP if I hit? Hahaha, why not?

Looking forward to coming up with descriptive nicknames for all the softbodies I'm partnered with.

DarkPrimus on
    It's the Lizardfolk.

I didn't know I was going to go Lizardfolk when I was thinking about a character, but they're just so different in terms of roleplay, and mechanically speaking they have a lot of stuff that's kind of bonkers. I get 13+Dex mod AC for free? Yes please. I can hold my breath for 15 minutes? Sure! I get a 1d6+Str mod natural attack that I can use once a short rest as a bonus action and gain THP if I hit? Hahaha, why not?

Looking forward to coming up with descriptive nicknames for all the softbodies I'm partnered with.

Ha shoulda paid more attention to the race columns

It's the Lizardfolk.

Various types and or cuts of meat. ie: Dwarf Battlerager = Overcooked Brisket or Half Elf Bard = Skinny Tenderloin.

I mean, my backstory is that he was raised as basically a hatchling by a bounty hunter (like a thieves guild but man hunters) so he knows how to interact with folks better than your average Lizardfolk.

A+ calling people cuts and preperations of meat as nicknames. Reminds everyone what the score is on who's definitely down to party if the heist crew is gonna implode.

I mean, my backstory is that he was raised as basically a hatchling by a bounty hunter (like a thieves guild but man hunters) so he knows how to interact with folks better than your average Lizardfolk.

Fine. Then at least let the party know every so often how doggone delicious they smell.

Especially when they are wounded and slightly cooked from fire damage. Like a nice bloody steak.

Biting off someone's finger is an excellent way to get information.

With the Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica launching soon there's a special Ravnica weekend on at my FLGS, with some Magic promotions on Day 1, and Day 2 is D&D. I'll be running the intro module, Krenko's Way on Sunday - which will be interesting as I know nothing about Magic: The Gathering (I'm lead to believe that there may be cards involved...)

Watch this space I s'pose.

At least in the game I'm running only one party member has been butchered and eaten, and she's a tabaxi so I'm not sure it counts as cannabalism

everyone got cool snake powers as a result and also madness

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    *snerk* So my PCs seem to be making political alliance with the Inspired from Eberron of all factions. All to deal with demonic cultists. I'm loving it.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    The Storm King's Thunder game I DM is totally off the rails and I love it. Things I have notes for next session, with the hopes they come up:
    A couple people in this thread play with me so don't go ruining it and reading this!
    A city wide man hunt after the party crashed a Cloud Giant castle into Waterdeep
    Talking statues speaking descriptions of the party all over the city
    Liars' Night as an opportunity to escape
    Ogres with catapult rigs launching goblins and other things
    Clues to who may have murdered a PCs father
    A dive into a party members soul and a showdown with the being possessing him

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Lost mines of Phandelver...
    We're currently level 2 and going after the Redbrands in their hideout. We sneak in through the tunnel in the woods and after rescuing the mother and son from the jail under the manor, we go after the Glass Staff and completely wreck his shit. We go to sneak up to him in his study and the rogue is able to get a surprise attack in, then we rolled initative and he went first again. Before the wizard even had a chance to do anything he was down 80% of his hitpoints. It was great.

The finishing move was he misty stepped to his workshop and one of our players who is playing an 11 year old wizard ended up using the spell catapault to launch a stone mortar and pestle into this dudes head, killing him super dead. In this campaign so far she hasn't actually killed anybody, so her character broke down crying. She's starting to realize the realities of being an adventurer.

It's been a great few sessions so far. 4 out of 5 of us are playing characters who are family. In game I'm the eldest brother who is a paladin of the common man/hexblade, my younger teenage brother is a angst ridden emo rogue (who's player is rocking the role play) who is going to multiclass into druid following in our uncles footsteps. Our younger sister is an 11 year old wizard who is head strong and up until now thought adventuring was a grand ol' time. Our uncle is a half orc druid who nobody knows exactly how or if he is related to us at all, but he is our uncle! Our last player is playing a lifelong friend of the uncle, which for the most part matches real life as well.

The most crazy thing is we're all playing shades of good and really trying to stick to it. One of our players usually runs the chaotic neutral spectrum so this has been a real stretch for him and he has done great at it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I get that it's a tradition thing and looks very neat but man, the isometric perspective on Strahd's Castle is a pain.

I had Strahd lead a charmed player from the front door to the guest room and halfway up, i (the DM) got lost and took them through a secret door because in the moment (i improvise a lot, there was no thought at the start of the season we'd end up in that state of play) i couldn't figure out another way to get there.

I think i need to make some notes on every map for myself if all the connections up/down and write down lists of "if i want to get from x to y this is the room number progression Strahd would take".

steam_sig.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Final CoS spoilers!
    Strahd continued to appear in places, attack, and leave. Each time one or two of us would manage to get an attack in. What we didn't realize is we were burning through is legendary saves. I think that's what they are called, letting him pass when he fails a saving throw.

Anyway we get to the teleport room and since we're fated to fight him in his tomb we use the yellow ball to teleport there. My bard has Heater the Shield Guardian to start smashing the coffin immediately. It was a childish, "fuck your couch" kind of gesture but it made me happy. Then the vampire brides show up. Then some Hell Hounds.

In a scene from Star Wars Strahd uses Telekinesis and yanks the Sun Sword from our Paladin's hands. It goes scattering to the floor but our Warlock Mage Hands it back. Strahd goads the Paladin and leads him into a teleport trap, sending him into some sort of crypt. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty worried when the Paladin and Sun Sword were pretty much removed from the combat. Strahd then comes through one of the walls and attacks the cleric. The cleric uses the Symbol of Ravenkind to hold him and Strahd uses the last of his legendary saves for the day. Getting surrounded he uses one of his lair actions to run without provoking attacks of opportunity.

I'm looking at my spell sheet and I am amazed how almost all of my spells are area of effect instead of single target. I say fuck it, and go for Hypnotic Pattern. Strahd fails his save. So do our fighter, cleric, and Ireena but still...it was epic. I use Mantle of Inspiration and give free movement to those not charmed. The next few rounds are brutal. He's staked. Then decapitated. His body begins turns to mist and floats over the remains of his coffin. Daylight fills the room as the cleric is woken up and the mist dissolves into a final scream from Strahd.

It was so good. We were all worn down by the fights before hand and it was pure luck he blew the saving throw for Hypnotic Pattern. I guess I caused all sorts of issues destroying the coffin and letting Strahd get staked the way he did. We're taking a short break with the game (I think we're doing a few filler sessions of Cyberpunk) but we will be using the same characters when we start back up. I already can't wait. Level 10, wooooo.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    It's the Lizardfolk.

You should also try to covet all the bones from the enemies your group kills so you can make bows, daggers, ect...

Really creep the fuck out of the rest of the party.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    God, adventurers are so dumb and I love them for it.

Okay, so I have to share my story time from last night but also with an explanation of the campaign as it began.

They are pirates in the M:tG setting of Ixalan, and after a first session that saw a ship-to-ship battle were forced to land for repairs to both their original one and the newly acquired Legion of Dusk sloop. While making camp, they decided to lean really hard into the "pirates" thing and began fostering a mutiny against their captain. The next day, a random encounter roll had them come across a ferry-creature while on an errand to get drinking water, to which their decision was "climb on board his boat and ask him to take us literally across the continent," so he did.

They were gone about a week (what they were doing isn't important to the story, but let me tell that last night they realized their plan was too ambitious so they kind of failed that, too), so I decided that the orc pair they tried to recruit grew concerned when they didn't return and took matters into their own hands, killing Captain Lazlo but also getting killed for their assassination attempt. Well, the group managed to summon the ferry back, and this time when they got on-board, after a bit of discussion over "should we go back to the shore? No, that might not take us back to the actual ship" they asked to be taken to their captain. My narration was roughly as follows: "The boat goes off into the mists, and while last time your trip was much shorter, this time the mists cloud around you, the water turns black, and you feel as if you are descending."

We had to end there--it was almost time anyway, but I was not preparing for them to descend into Xibalba.

I'm going to be honest, I thought this story was going to end with them getting transported to the Demiplane of Dread.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It's the Lizardfolk.

You should also try to covet all the bones from the enemies your group kills so you can make bows, daggers, ect...

Also take an opportunity on occasion to remark on the bone structure of your party members. Half-Elf bones? Too light to make a good blunt weapon, but they make great reinforcements for a composite bow. Tiefling bones? Never stop smelling faintly of brimstone, which can spoil the meat. Dwarf bones? Now dwarf bones have promise (long, speculative stare)...

see317 on
    It's the Lizardfolk.

I need to get to know them first, then I'll know what sort of gifts to make them.

This discussion has been closed.