As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2019 Ticket Discussion

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    jayh0va wrote: »
    minimunch wrote: »
    I know last year the onpeak link was posted here on the forum before it was publicly available on the pax website or on twitter - anyone know how it was obtained?

I'm not sure exactly where that came from to be honest, but it was either twitter or PAX Checker. I can try to post it again this year. Fingers crossed for today!!

It was on here before the tweet went out. Someone posted the direct link to onPeak, though I don't know how. But it was great.

Test Tweets are going out from the Pax badges twitter. I'm assuming that means it's soon. Battle Stations!

They do test tweets daily usually a couple times a day, so thats not really an indication unfortunately. Ugg the noon slot has passes, Im feeling in my gut it will be at 1pm EST. I can't take much more of this XD Year after year, the waiting always sucks.

I just meant that someone was awake and controlling the twitter, puts me on edge! It's always such a stressful time, and I can't decide if it's better that they told us the day in advance or worse!

Hah yeah I hear you on that. I use tweet deck so when it freaks out it scares me a little. I like the hints, I think today is the day.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    GrandCross wrote: »
    I am hoping this year will be much better than last year. If this year consist of VIP lounges and half the expo hall with BR games it will probably be the last time I go for multiple days.

Don't count on it changing anytime soon, unfortunately.

• PeityPeity Registered User regular
    I too will be busy around 3ET and figure that's when it will go live. Fingers crossed it happens nicely before (or after), but such is the way it goes. I couldn't get twitter to cooperate with sending out a notification of when Badges tweets.

• aerrusaerrus Registered User regular
    And this is why i have anxiety.....

aerrus wrote: »

Hah, likewise XD

The 12:30 has come and gone.... more panicking in 30 minutes will commence!

• d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    jayh0va wrote: »
    I know last year the onpeak link was posted here on the forum before it was publicly available on the pax website or on twitter - anyone know how it was obtained?

I'm not sure exactly where that came from to be honest, but it was either twitter or PAX Checker. I can try to post it again this year. Fingers crossed for today!!

It was on here before the tweet went out. Someone posted the direct link to onPeak, though I don't know how. But it was great.

Test Tweets are going out from the Pax badges twitter. I'm assuming that means it's soon. Battle Stations!

It's not gonna work that way again, unfortunately. From what I'm hearing, in order to make a hotel reservation you need to have already bought tickets. There's some kind of number that'll either be carried or need to be inputted to make your reservation. Even if the link was shared now, you'd still have to wait until tickets went public. So, unfortunately, loophole closed. :P Fun while it lasted.

This would be horrible. Some of us don't buy the tickets, but we book the rooms. Shared cost and all.

• STEAKSTEAK Registered User regular
    This is the worst part of PAX. I hate feeling like a douche while at work, and having to constantly shoo people away and keep refreshing pages.

QDo8ACR.png
  • sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    SugarToez wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask but me and a few friends typically stay at the seaport but are looking for something different this year. Does anyone know of a decent hotel through the onpeak partnership that has suite style rooms with a door separating the bed from the lounge area? Some of us can only sleep with noise while others need complete silence so were looking for room suggestions.

Embassy Suites over by logan airport....I believe they might be on onpeak but not sure.

• PeityPeity Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    d0ughb0y wrote: »

--It's not gonna work that way again, unfortunately. From what I'm hearing, in order to make a hotel reservation you need to have already bought tickets. There's some kind of number that'll either be carried or need to be inputted to make your reservation. Even if the link was shared now, you'd still have to wait until tickets went public. So, unfortunately, loophole closed. :P Fun while it lasted. --

This would be horrible. Some of us don't buy the tickets, but we book the rooms. Shared cost and all.

That does make it more challenging. I guess coordinate with the ticket person? I hadn't thought of that problem (being the one who buys everything, and usually failing since I never am around when things open).

Peity on
  • GrandCrossGrandCross Registered User new member
    GrandCross wrote: »
    I am hoping this year will be much better than last year. If this year consist of VIP lounges and half the expo hall with BR games it will probably be the last time I go for multiple days.

Don't count on it changing anytime soon, unfortunately.

Well that's gonna suck. I don't go to Pax to play Fortnite or PUBG, or Blackout now that it's released. Nor do I like huge booth space taken out by a lounge very few are allowed in. If it's like that again for 2019 then It's down to Thursday badges til things change. I am sure my job will appreciate me not taking Thursday and Friday off even though im 20 minutes from the BCEC lol

STEAK wrote: »
    This is the worst part of PAX. I hate feeling like a douche while at work, and having to constantly shoo people away and keep refreshing pages.

This! Glad I have my own office, but when people walk by im like uggg please go away and dont talk to me XD Hence why having some idea when it might launch is helpful, then I can be productive again lol

• aerrusaerrus Registered User regular

Hah, likewise XD

It's 12ish PACIFIC time normally, so expect it within the next few hours.... 2-3 range EST

Hah, likewise XD

It's 12ish PACIFIC time normally, so expect it within the next few hours.... 2-3 range EST

Yes but in 2014 it was 9am pacific (noon here) and 10am in 2016 so its always a chance! Gotta be ready :)

• VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    So yeah, forget that thing I said about needing to buy tickets to get the hotel room. Eyes up ladies and gents, unless I missed my mark it'll be dropping shortly.

So yeah, forget that thing I said about needing to buy tickets to get the hotel room. Eyes up ladies and gents, unless I missed my mark it'll be dropping shortly.

D:

Where would I check , on the main site?

• minimunchminimunch Registered User regular

Any idea if the onpeak link will be available early like last year?

• VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular

D:

I personally use Twitter, check PAX Badges. Its their official twitter feed for badge sales.

D:

I personally use Twitter, check PAX Badges. Its their official twitter feed for badge sales.

That is what I do, I have tweet deck so every time they post (even commenting on tests lol) I get a notification pop up. I didnt know if you meant it would be available before on twitter. I just want to get the element so badly.

• NorehNoreh Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

looks like it might be up for hotels? I saw this posted on reddit

Noreh on
  • FramelossFrameloss Registered User regular
    Noreh wrote: »
    looks like it might be up for hotels? I saw this posted on reddit

Got the Westin, no ticket needed.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    the correct westin isn't listed

• SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    What's the link for OnPeak? It's not even listed yet

It didnt show most hotels for me and then at the end of booking just gave me a 404 error!!!1

Half of the hotels aren't even listed yet. No Westin Waterfront, no Aloft, no Element

• SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    That's bizzare, not using OnPeak and no announcement. I'll wait for the official tweet.

I'm in the middle of the reservation, and it my page seems to have frozen. I got my card info and names of people and I can't go any farther

SullMaster wrote: »
    That's bizzare, not using OnPeak and no announcement. I'll wait for the official tweet.

It's the same site they used (instead of onpeak) for pax south - see the most recent tweet from pax_badges

SullMaster wrote: »

It's the same site they used (instead of onpeak) for pax south - see the most recent tweet from pax_badges

I haven't been paying attention to other PAX events good to know thank you!

• FramelossFrameloss Registered User regular

I got Westin Boston Waterfront I had to change to map view map and then I clicked the one connected to the bcec.

Element here I come :)<3

Wish I'd got in the queue faster... I hope the Westin's still there when I get in

Im able to select a hotel but it doesnt list any rooms available. it says "These rooms are available" then its just whitespace under.

edited November 2018
    Frameloss wrote: »

I got Westin Boston Waterfront I had to change to map view map and then I clicked the one connected to the bcec.

That's really annoying, it was def not there for me >.<

I feel like they weren't ready for us. (clearly bc the tweet didn't go yet) But I got in, saw what was available, and then it refreshed and there was a new hotel listed. The Element was def NOT listed on my first go around, and then it popped up.

harleyquinn228 on
  • rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular

It wasnt available when I got in, was trying for wed-sun

So glad I reserved my hotel in advance, these online reservations for hotels are a joke

rpgamer246 wrote: »

It wasnt available when I got in, was trying for wed-sun

i still see the element when I go back to it. Im wondering if maybe it hold in peoples "carts" unlike onpeak? so if it timed out for someone it released it? Try again :)

• SugarToezSugarToez Registered User regular
    i finally made it through the waiting room and its asking for an access code to make a reservation

Its not allowing me to view any hotels now. Apparently the link was meant for enforcers only.

edited November 2018
    Maybe its your browser? Im using Chrome and the formatting was a little weird.

EDIT: Nevermind, look like they took down the attendee option and you have to have a code

yutani san on
This discussion has been closed.