As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2019 Ticket Discussion

13»

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    Noreh wrote: »
    Its not allowing me to view any hotels now. Apparently the link was meant for enforcers only.

OMG if I have to go through this again... lol

That would explain why it wasn't tweeted

• NorehNoreh Registered User regular
    Hopefully i can still get the Westin when it actually goes live

• DawnieroseDawnierose MaineRegistered User regular
    I was able to wait in line and select "attendee" from the drop down. I got one booked!

Dawnierose wrote: »
    I was able to wait in line and select "attendee" from the drop down. I got one booked!

Seeing now that it was a mistake and people are locked out again. Hope my reservation doesn't get cancelled :(

• FramelossFrameloss Registered User regular

Seeing now that it was a mistake and people are locked out again. Hope my reservation doesn't get cancelled :(

Same, I understand peoples frustration but at the same time. I don't wanna deal with it again.

My guess is it will. I snagged the Element but I don't know if I'll get to keep it.

Be ready for round two, this time with passes!

• SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    Go figure the link was meant for the enforcers...that's why it wasn't publicized! Now it all makes sense.

• PeityPeity Registered User regular
    From the timing, I'm guessing public opening will be soon, but not too soon? Probably exactly when I have to leave the house for an hour. :D

• SugarToezSugarToez Registered User regular
    i guess since theyre clearly taking steps to block off the unofficial link announcement now, im not to worried about being late to the party. Id be too concerned about wondering if the reservation i made will stick or be reversed even if it is a small chance.

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    I'd hope the early reservations that happened the past ~45 minutes are cancelled, but I doubt they'd do that when the actual sale is in less than an hour. Just a disappointing turn of events all around.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    Expect this to start at 3:00 everyone

Xenigma wrote: »
    I'd hope the early reservations that happened the past ~45 minutes are cancelled, but I doubt they'd do that when the actual sale is in less than an hour. Just a disappointing turn of events all around.

I fully understand, but because the link is in theory going up so soon I doubt it would be reversed, Unless its an easy mass cancel for all these hotels it seems more of a hassle to do that then just eat the bad luck /Pr

• yourezombiebaityourezombiebait Registered User regular
    Pax Badges said the hotel link is inactive, butttttttttt not true obviously as several of us were able to successfully book. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful that they don't cancel. I'm going to be on top of my hotel reservation just in case though.

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    jayh0va wrote: »

Just got a reply in that vein from Official_PAX. That doesn't sound accurate from what I've seen (Westin shouldn't be sold out with 38 bookings, for instance), but I have no reason to believe they'd be lying, and 38 orders really would be a drop in the bucket.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011

Just got a reply in that vein from Official_PAX. That doesn't sound accurate from what I've seen (Westin shouldn't be sold out with 38 bookings, for instance), but I have no reason to believe they'd be lying, and 38 orders really would be a drop in the bucket.

yeah I just wonder how may get westin after enforcers / media / Pax Staff you know. 38 rooms is a decent chunk for one hotel.

I'm one of the supposed 38 and I'm at the Midtown lmao

Same, my sister and I are part of that 38 and we're booked at Element.

• minimunchminimunch Registered User regular
    I'm also one of the "38" and I started out as number 386 when I got into the queue.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

I have a feeling that's 38 non-enforcer/Exhibitor. Those probably filled in a good chunk of the westin.

• PeityPeity Registered User regular
    "It's nice knowing the day it will go live! And I can work at home that day. Maybe I'll finally manage to get badges and a hotel!" ...the one time I can't be home is 3ET. Of course that's when it will go live. Looks like yet another year of not going. :\ Ah well. Perhaps it'll open late or I'll still manage somehow. Good luck to all of you! I hope you get what you are wishing for. :) And have a great time all those who do attend.

• aerrusaerrus Registered User regular
    What if they don't announce it today T.T

• NorehNoreh Registered User regular
    aerrus wrote: »

Then kill me now lol, I can't take another day of the stress.

• casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular

All signs point to today, so that'd be very cruel! And here I am about to walk into a 3:00pm meeting... worst possible time.

• gwnluv22gwnluv22 Registered User regular
    Noreh wrote: »

Then kill me now lol, I can't take another day of the stress.

Same here, this anxiety is intense....

ijetwpfodsxf.png

Noooooooooooooo. They are cancelling.

• tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    7dscu2yw1lt7.jpg

I'm in class anxiously refreshing. Pretty sure my teacher thinks I'm insane...

I say that's fair. It's annoying and we get another round of stress, but some asshat leaked the link that was supposed to be for the enforcers... the people who work really hard to make PAX fun and safe and great. And I bet a fair number of them didn't get rooms close to the convention center

I understand why they're cancelling but hate the wording of "snuck in." At the time it happened I'm sure many (if not most) of us didn't know it wasn't supposed to be live.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Ugh dying here.....

I understand why they're cancelling but hate the wording of "snuck in." At the time it happened I'm sure many (if not most) of us didn't know it wasn't supposed to be live.

Yea I agree. I didn't book bc I thought I was being malicious. I just thought I had great luck lol

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Badges on sale. Good luck to those planning to attend.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    wow im in the queue... kill me....

My only concern now with rebooking is making sure the cancellation on the old one went through and that we don't get double charged.

I received an email for my cancellation RIGHT before the tickets went live.

so .... like 0.1 seconds after it goes live and i cant get in.... :(

This discussion has been closed.