As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2019 HOTELS LIVE

SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatterRegistered User regular

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Despite getting my early booking cancelled, I still got a Wed-Sun at the Element when it went live :D Soooooo happy about that!

• DawnieroseDawnierose MaineRegistered User regular
    The site isn't working for me... super disappointed.

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    Despite getting my early booking cancelled, I still got a Wed-Sun at the Element when it went live :D Soooooo happy about that!

Yep, i had an element get cancelled as well, still got an Aloft so zero complaints here

P0P7S6y.png
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

Yep, i had an element get cancelled as well, still got an Aloft so zero complaints here

That was my 2nd choice! I needed pet friendly hotel so I was very panicked this year. I hear Aloft is great too. Element has a kitchen, so will save money with that eating in room is the only huge difference I think.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Is Aloft really $450 a night? Geezus

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    I miss OnPeak, that website is garbage.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • lauren0rzlauren0rz Registered User regular
    That was the worst hotel booking experience I've ever had... period. Let alone PAX. As soon as I hit 'sort by distance near>far' I regretted my entire life.

qtjvjrS.png
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Got a double bed at the Westin. Wanted element but both the app and site timed out. Its so buggy :( I freaked out bc it kept saying me emails didn't match but it went through

DXLJjjr.png
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    ugh, that was a disaster. awful website. never thought i'd miss onpeak.

despite clicking immediately, i got dregs. looking forward to surfing the hotel thread this year. :p

That was my 2nd choice! I needed pet friendly hotel so I was very panicked this year. I hear Aloft is great too. Element has a kitchen, so will save money with that eating in room is the only huge difference I think.

Yeah element is my number 1 choice, but whatever I can make the aloft work. I'm just hype to be there

P0P7S6y.png
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Hotels are an absolute gong show.... Stiiiiillllll waiting.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    New year new site, same getting kicked out of my Seaport reservation and having to scramble to get something downtown even though I beat the tweet in-queue.

Why do I even try?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Yeah PassKey is a bit lacking.... Onpeak wasn't perfect but this isn't really an improvement from what I can tell.

P0P7S6y.png
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Got a single bed at Seaport W-M, which isn't ideal but it'll do. Probably could have done better if the website wasn't so slow/buggy; glad I'm not the only one suddenly missing OnPeak.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • SiraRavenSiraRaven Registered User regular
    Man that site was bad. So maybe a dumb question, but I managed to get a king bed in the Aloft, and during registration, it asked for "Company Name" as a mandatory field. Is...that something? I'm a grad student, so I put down my university name, but was a bit confused to see that required.

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    I'd suggest grabbing something direct with your hotels of choice or via a 3rd party site you trust given the gong show that is the new Hotel system.

Just in case.

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • NorehNoreh Registered User regular
    Yeah PassKey is a bit lacking.... Onpeak wasn't perfect but this isn't really an improvement from what I can tell.

Completely agree, Onpeak was 100% better then this new site. I think this is the pax they've done that sells out right away so hopefully they go back to the old system for west and east 2020.

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    "You are currently number 1446 in line, and your estimated wait time is about 13 minutes." For the past 20 minutes.

• falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    This site is terrible

• SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    Waterfront area hotel secured!

• CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    We got 5 days at Yotel. First time we're not staying at a Marriott, but the place looks decent enough.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    Westin secured finally :')

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    JFC that site was painful

Westin secured finally :')

Lucky, from 3PM until now i have not been able to find a room at the westin.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Thankfully Boston seems to be in some kind of building spree so there's more condos and hotels opening up now. So you'r enot stuck with the 100 year old 'new' HOliday Inn that costs a zillion bucks in Brookline

• FramelossFrameloss Registered User regular
    Got westin in the first wave of cancelled room, Full Panic attack when hotels go live. Still got the Westin double bed. I am so tired now lol

Satoru wrote: »
    Thankfully Boston seems to be in some kind of building spree so there's more condos and hotels opening up now. So you'r enot stuck with the 100 year old 'new' HOliday Inn that costs a zillion bucks in Brookline

Oh, i stayed in that Holiday Inn my first year at pax. Hated it, took like 30min to transit in and the hotel was terrible.

• krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Man these prices are worse then Seattle. At least the flights are only like $300.

Anyone stayed at the Omni Parker House before?

krae_man on
  • havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Welp, I guess good thing this was gonna be my PAX South year because I just found out about East stuff like 15 mins ago. RIP.

XyqJPIp.png
  • ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    Man these prices are worse then Seattle.

Once, the rooms weren't bad, the staff though A+ friendly and helpful.

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Woohoo got tickets. First time at east

• FramelossFrameloss Registered User regular
    Woohoo got tickets. First time at east

Oh super fun! Hope you have a great time!

• CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    Got a double bed at the Westin. Wanted element but both the app and site timed out. Its so buggy :( I freaked out bc it kept saying me emails didn't match but it went through

I never even saw the Westin. What days did you get through?

• SnowDogSnowDog Central MARegistered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    The years I haven't been able to get a room in/near Seaport, Omni Parker has been my choice. The people are great, the hotel is fine, and the location is awesome if you plan to have any time away from the BCEC during your time there.

• RejectedSparkRejectedSpark Registered User new member
    I never even saw the Westin. What days did you get through?

Same. Didn't even appear in the list of possible hotels when I tried to book just after opening. I see it there now, not available, though.

Seems like this website doesn't have the restrictions on number of bookings like OnPeak did. I booked Seaport earlier, and just booked Element for the same dates (I couldn't actually modify the reservation to the point of changing hotels, only changing rooms). I'm waitlisted for one day at Element, otherwise I'd cancel Seaport now.

• MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Man...this hotel site sure is a pile of hot garbage in so many ways.

• 12kizuna12kizuna Registered User new member
    edited November 2018
    I was insanely lucky and was able to get the Westin. I just wish I had been thinking because I made checkout Sunday instead of Monday. Now I'm trying to figure out how to still enjoy PAX while navigating the terror that is checking out on Sunday and figuring out what to do with my bags. Would really have preferred to leave Monday :(

12kizuna on
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    This site is definitely a POS. Tried the Seaport and got the "Oops" error 4 time. Switched to the Renaissance and got the same error 3 times. I just went with the Omni. It's always been my fall back. It just makes me made because there were several time I even got to pick a room type at the Seaport and Ren and still got the oops error.

jdixon1972

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    I was checking out with the element and it oopps me when I finished entering all my info. So heated as I was in the hotel site at the same time as the ticket queue.

• imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    Somehow managed to get the seaport...single bed but really can’t complain.

Gonna keep my eyes peeled in case Westin becomes available again tho