As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AG Jeff Sessions has resigned at President Trumps request, announced via twitter.

167891012»

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    BigJoeM wrote: »
    If Mueller gets stymied I hope the Democrats or one of Mueller's junior attorneys leak the info.

Whatever the consequences, the people need to know.

If the US can't survive that, then the experiment is already a failure.

The experiment is not a failure, it is simply time to revise the test conditions

It is not yet a failure. We are careening toward failure, but that's an effort-post that belongs in the historical context of fascism thread.
    Viskod wrote: »
    The worst part of this scenario that I don’t believe anyone has mentioned yet is that Whitaker is in a position to access everything that Mueller has in his investigation and then give all of that information to Donald Trump.

Aww fuck.

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    So just to make things even more terrifying, Supreme Court Justice and living legend Ruth Bader Ginsburg has fractured three ribs in a fall.

She’s not the sort to retire, but this might force her to at least have to take some time off.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Next session is in about 3 weeks

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Lets hope she’s feeling better, but she’ll have to take care of herself. Fractured ribs are no joke.

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    In an elderly person, falls and fractures are a sign of increasing frailty. She might have to retire whether she wants to or not.

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    So just to make things even more terrifying, Supreme Court Justice and living legend Ruth Bader Ginsburg has fractured three ribs in a fall.

My persistent internal screaming somehow just got louder.

VuIBhrs.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Lets hope she’s feeling better, but she’ll have to take care of herself. Fractured ribs are no joke.

Doubly so when you're 85.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    In an elderly person, falls and fractures are a sign of increasing frailty. She might have to retire whether she wants to or not.

Depends on the cause. Even so she can probably keep going 2-3 years with a careful regime, good diet, and exercise. Circumstances around a fall are very important as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I don't care how much she complains about how ridiculous it looks, she's getting a suit made from bubble-wrap

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    RBG will die on the bench before she retires under Trump

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The thread is about Sessions, not the supreme court or RBG's unfortunate fall.

• halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/columnists/rekha-basu/2018/11/07/matt-whitakers-troubling-opinion-judges-need-biblical-view/1923393002/
    Matthew Whitaker's troubling opinion: Judges need a biblical view

Editor's note: This column was originally published on May 4, 2014.
    But Whitaker went the farthest: "Natural law often times is used from the eye of the beholder and what I would like to see — I'd like to see things like their world view, what informs them. Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? — which I think is very important because we all know that our government ..."

"Levitical or New Testament?" interrupted Erickson.

"I'm a New Testament," continued Whitaker. "And what I know is as long as they have that world view, that they'll be a good judge. And if they have a secular world view, where this is all we have here on Earth, then I'm going to be very concerned about that judge."
    Oh. He is that kind of Republican lawyer.

So like

Guessing he doesn't know we were founded by a bunch of Secularists and Deists, huh?

Like, five people know what deists are. We don’t teach history good.

He’s the dude who sang Holy Diver

I'd say his Black Sabbath output is more in line for the founders, Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules in particular.

Depends if the Stand he has is awesome and not just something that can be beat in one episode of Jojo

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    This is pretty serious for an 85 year old, but the context of her situation is uniquely durable. On top of being very healthy this was a fracture of some ribs and not the pelvis injury that marks a death sentence for many elderly. Her family takes good care of her so the broken rib worry of pneumonia is less likely. The most worrying part is the fall and what caused it. That on its own can be a major concern for health.

If it’s just broken ribs I’m not terribly concerned.

VRXwDW7.png
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    RBG will die on the bench before she retires under Trump

If she is entirely unable to participate in proceedings beyond being wheeled in to vote, she can presumably be forced to retire on grounds of health.

• wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    I hope the protests tonight are massive. Both my wife and I are going.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm skeptical that the Sessions protests will come to anything.

spool32 on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'm skeptical that the Sessions protests will come to anything.

So am I, but I still hope the protests are massive.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm closing this thread now that we're past the breaking news cycle. Discuss Mueller's investigation and Whittaker s new job in the Mueller thread.

And when a mod days stop discussing something that means stop discussing it.

Geth, close the thread

So It Goes on
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.