As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SAINTS 2018

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
It's that wonderful time of year again. Time when we can open our hearts and make the holidays a little better for people who may not be doing well emotionally or financially this holiday season.

This is my... 4th year running this? Maybe 3rd. Time goes by so damn fast these days.

Here is how it works. If you wish to be a giver of joy, a "Saint" if you will send me a PM and let me know how many people you can gift to. If you wish to remain anonymous, let me know in the PM, If you SUPER want to remain anonymous have someone act as an imp and they can PM me on your behalf.

If you are in need this holiday season.
First, I IMPLORE you to sign up. Do not feel ashamed or like you aren't worth it. You are absolutely worth it, and those of us who are able want nothing more than to be able to help where we can.

Whatever you want to do. You CANNOT remain anonymous though. Post in this thread if you want to sign up. You must have a wishlist as well. Post it here along with your sign up and any other information that might be pertinent.

If you sign up to gift and something comes up and you can't, it's OK. There are no obligations here. Just let me know so I can make sure everyone gets something. I'll fill in with my own money if need be.

Other than that... Let's have fun. Let's get in the spirit and let's make this the best holiday we can!

OH! ONE OTHER RULE

YOU CAN'T SIGN UP FOR SATANS AND SIGN UP AS A GIFT RECEIVER FOR SAINTS

Deadline will be...i don't know later this month? Until the end of January I'll still accept someone signing up and do my best to get them something.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Let the record show we have our first Saint signup!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Now we have 2 Saints!

49pz94ja7f6x.jpeg

AH AH AHHH

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah!

We've got 4 senders and still 0 sendees! Guess they'll just have to buy gifts for orphans.

Don't let that happen!

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    edit: sorry I found the other thread

Weaver on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Goose! on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Ok I am going to sign up for this again.

This year has been full of a lot of ups and downs for me and my family, mostly it's been very very stressful ever since may when the air broke at the old place. So while we are still getting settled in and everything adjusted in the new place this will really help us during the holidays and the cold dark months. Any little things to make the winter blues stay away will be amazing.

My wish list is here, though it's all out of order at the moment and full of crazy eclectic shit. http://a.co/bNsuB6x

If you need my address for something PM someone that can get it from me?

Last time I signed up to be gifted I got so much generosity, it really made me realize how much y'all care about each other here, even lil ol me. Thanks, sincerely.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It's your boy Garlic Bread, aka Keith, aka Baby Girl, aka Polly, aka Part-Time Pizza Parlor, back at it again signing up for Secret Saints

It's been a rough year (rough fuckin' 5 years but w/e). I had to leave my job back in June due to workplace harassment and the mental health issues it caused and have been unemployed since. Thankfully, I've had a good support system to keep me going so far, but I hate asking for help or anything from other people. I've come to accept that y'all are wonderful and want to help people like me out, so I'm eating my pride to sign up yet again. You're all the best and I mean it.

Amazon Wishlist: http://a.co/fsDtegr
    It goes to an empty default wishlist, but there are separate lists on the side. I'm gonna try to keep updating them; right now my brain just blanks when I try to think of things to put on there.

I've got two dogs (I'll probably make a wishlist for them, but there isn't one right now). For video games, I have a PS4 and a Switch. I've been working on getting into drag/genderqueer expression (don't judge my aesthetics, it's a work in progress!). I've also (sort of) got a house, so there's always work to be done on it; things like Home Depot or Visa gift cards are always appreciated to help with that (or if you wanna come over and fix my fence, that works too).

If you have any questions you can ask Raijin to either answer them or have him ask me.

Thank you all again for continuously proving how fucking rad you are and making me cry happy tears. I love you all.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Hey y'all.

I usually participate with glee over in Satans, but the last year has been really hard. I lost my good job *checks watch* exactly a year ago, and since then finding employment while out and trans has been difficult.
    The good news is, I got a job and started it on halloween! But I'm still recovering, and have a big pile of bills to pay, plus I JUST FUCKING CRASHED MY CAR AND POTENTIALLY FUCKED UP MY SUSPENSION/STABILITRAK/WHEELS but I can't find out until tuesday because everyone is crashing, thanks snow.

So here's my wishlist, and I'll probably add some stuff to it over time. I do a lot of cooking, and I don't have a lot of cooking stuff(I have two pots, one frying pan, one spatula, two knives, and that's about it,) the slow cooker or food processor would be super cool. I have a PS4, and I really want to get a switch, especially for Smash and Bayonetta 3, and maybe Pokemon Let's Go Eevee because WOW that's cute af. Other than that... I dunno. Sour candy, spicy things, any kind of makeup/skin care would be cool. Being trans means 90% of clothes don't fit me right, but winter coats in large, or nice gloves, or a hat, or something like that would be neat? IDK. I play a lot of pen and paper RPGs, I have most of the D&D books but feel free to get me something else that's cool?

I dunno. I wish I was over in Satans getting someone rad gifts. You are all amazing people.

Wishlist: http://a.co/92yRI9M

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I don’t want to awesome any of your posts because there is nothing awesome about dealing with hard times, but I am happy y’all are signing up.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm going to offer up my imp services here as well this year!

Need to find out something but want to remain anonymous?

Let me do the asking for you!

Oh hey! If you're signing up to receive make sure you PM me your name and address.

That might be slightly important and I forgot.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    I don’t want to awesome any of your posts because there is nothing awesome about dealing with hard times, but I am happy y’all are signing up.
    while i agree, i am awesoming posts because saintees are being vulnerable and brave, and i like them getting little love icons as encouragement

lfchwLd.jpg
    Yay! Sticky like my bedsheets!

Yay! Sticky like my bedsheets!

DJDdYtY.jpg

yaaay!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    .....hey y'all. I feel bad posting in here but this year has been rough. We have tightened the hell out of our pocketbook usage because we're trying to save up for me to get SOME SURGERY next year and it seems more and more likely that insurance is gonna try and screw us.

As a result, I don't know that I can give the kiddos and my wife the Christmas I want to give them? And that makes me so sad.

Family info:
    Charlie is the youngest. He's 6 and love love loves playing cooperative games with us. He's big on Mario everything and loves board games and wants to learn how to code like his older brother.

Gabe is the oldest. He's 11 and has his own YouTube channel and loves random facts and Minecraft and drawing his own comic books. He's taking coding classes and loves them. He is a big fan of games where you can create things

Christine is lovely and I adore her. She's big into Dr. Who and Harry Potter and loved Scrubs and Parks and Rec and Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Good Place. She does origami and is crafty and loves to sing and is big into musicals and we have been looking for fun things to do on dates together, like couple's co-op board games and video games and stuff

Im Erin! I like to cook, and read, and I stream a lot. I like TTRPGs and a ton of different kinds of game and spending time with the people I love. I've got some long distance partners in Australia and California and game dates are how we stay in touch.

Korra is our cat. She is silly and loves to play with things on strings. And lasers. And catnip

Pixi is our old pup. She's a rottie mix and is absolutely the biggest sweetheart. She loves treats and has a bad hip so isn't so big on fetching

Electronics: both kids have an iPad. Christine has a laptop and I have a desktop. We also have a PS4 (haven't bought anything on it in a while) and a Switch (same)

I think you can see wish lists online for stuff?
    PS4: the_road_virus
    Steam:theroadvirus
    Amazon: should be in my signature?

Thank y'all for having this thread. If you decide to focus on other folks that's totally a+ super ok

PM me if you need my address? Or...how does that work

Erin The Red on
    Glad you're signing up! We've got you covered!

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    .....hey y'all. I feel bad posting in here but this year has been rough. We have tightened the hell out of our pocketbook usage because we're trying to save up for me to get SOME SURGERY next year and it seems more and more likely that insurance is gonna try and screw us.

As a result, I don't know that I can give the kiddos and my wife the Christmas I want to give them? And that makes me so sad.

Family info:
    Charlie is the youngest. He's 6 and love love loves playing cooperative games with us. He's big on Mario everything and loves board games and wants to learn how to code like his older brother.

Gabe is the oldest. He's 11 and has his own YouTube channel and loves random facts and Minecraft and drawing his own comic books. He's taking coding classes and loves them. He is a big fan of games where you can create things

Christine is lovely and I adore her. She's big into Dr. Who and Harry Potter and loved Scrubs and Parks and Rec and Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Good Place. She does origami and is crafty and loves to sing and is big into musicals and we have been looking for fun things to do on dates together, like couple's co-op board games and video games and stuff

Im Erin! I like to cook, and read, and I stream a lot. I like TTRPGs and a ton of different kinds of game and spending time with the people I love. I've got some long distance partners in Australia and California and game dates are how we stay in touch.

Korra is our cat. She is silly and loves to play with things on strings. And lasers. And catnip

Pixi is our old pup. She's a rottie mix and is absolutely the biggest sweetheart. She loves treats and has a bad hip so isn't so big on fetching

Electronics: both kids have an iPad. Christine has a laptop and I have a desktop. We also have a PS4 (haven't bought anything on it in a while) and a Switch (same)

Thank y'all for having this thread. If you decide to focus on other folks that's totally a+ super ok

No feeling bad allowed, only happy feelings resulting from future gifts arriving. You may want to tread carefully though near the tree, I still haven’t gotten the orbital gifting cannon calibrated quite right...

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Family info:

No feeling bad allowed, only happy feelings resulting from future gifts arriving. You may want to tread carefully though near the tree, I still haven’t gotten the orbital gifting cannon calibrated quite right...

That explains the aerosolized ornaments!

Family info:

That explains the aerosolized ornaments

Look, I had a solution for that I swear, but then I realized aeresoled ornaments = glitter and if that isn’t completely fabulous and festive as hell then I don’t know what is.

Brolo wrote: »
    Glad you're signing up! We've got you covered!

Scattered, smothered, convered, and chunked!

We are getting loaded up with people giving.

I love the generosity of this place!

It's enough to bring this big bearded baby to tears.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Is it okay if I sign up for Saints for no other reason than "I don't have money to sign up for Satan"?

Children's rights are human rights.
    Elaro wrote: »
    Is it okay if I sign up for Saints for no other reason than "I don't have money to sign up for Satan"?

Up to you. You're eligible if you aren't signing up for Satans. This is open to anyone who is in need this holiday season.

Elaro wrote: »

If you're not signing up for satans and you need some holiday cheer, sign up here!

I'm not here to judge whether or not a person is in need. I take your word for it.

I don't think we've had anyone sign up that wasn't in need but if it happens then it happens. I'd rather make sure everyone who needs help gets it rather than worry about one person who tries to cheat the system.

Again, I don't think anyone has ever tried.

I'm figuring another week or so for preliminary sign-ups.

If you come in late to give I'll find someone for you to send to.

If you come in late to receive I'll find someone to give to you.

So never stop signing up but I'm going to do the big hand out of names... Next Sunday I think. Maybe Monday.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Yeah, ok. I think I'm going to need some holiday cheer.

I am a poor university student living by myself in the Université de Montréal Residences, where I am studying computer science and convalescing a decade-long bout of anxiety-psychosis. I like webcomics and graphic novels, and Nintendo video games (I have a Wii U and 3DS, and I am very interested in a Switch, though it remains out of financial reach). I do also play Warhammer 40 000 ( I have Space Marines, Grey Knights and Custodes armies and have a few Deathwatch models) and Kill Team (I have the manual). I also play Magic: The Gathering.

Wishlist under spoilers
    Amazon.ca wishlist

This list is not exhaustive. Anything that would give me an excuse to get out of the dorms (or off the computer) would be appreciated!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am signing up again this year. My disease is still pretty bad and I am unable to work or do much of anything.

I have a steam wishlist here: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198014977512/

I'll make an amazon one soon and hopefully get some requests in so I can give some gifts to my family too. I have a PS4 and a Switch. I'll edit this post to have some more information when I am feeling a little better.

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hey there! It’s your boy, Zonugal, once again signing up for this as I work with children which means society wants me to only eat dirt & drink mud. Finances are always really, really awful during this time of the year for me due to how the substitute pay-system works (it’s on a 2 month delay) and with winter break I lose two weeks of work in December. But I am also a very content person, so if I receive one old book in the mail I would be happy.

But if you don’t want to send me ancient tomes of knowledge, I have some other suggestions:

Clothing/Fashion
    -- I am a 5’11 tall individual who wears large t-shirts and collects very LOUD clothing. I like outrageous fashion choices, anything bold or eye-catching. If you can track down some monochromatic colored wool socks (red, blue, green, yellow, purple), that would be the coolest thing though.

Food/Beverages
    -- In terms of food, I enjoy it? This is probably a harder area for me just because I have severe acid reflux disease and lactose intolerance. I can’t drink coffee in any way, so avoid that if possible. But I also love any and all kitchen accessories! If you’re looking for a precise suggestion, a nice bed tray so I can eat in my room might be appreciated.

Games
    -- Regarding games, I enjoy board games and the occasional video game. I have a 3DS, so Nintendo gift cards would let me load it up with even more Virtual Console titles before Nintendo kills that service. I also have a PS4 but my awful ex-roommate drunkenly stepped on it and damaged the disk-drive, so I can’t use any game discs at all (so, PS4 gift-cards are preferred [if you want me to spend it on a specific game, just include a note). Off the top of my mind, the PS4 games I would really appreciate would be: Assassin Creed: Odyssey, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, or Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far. For board games, I really like anything. I have a huge collection at my house (25+) but could always use more. Some that I don’t own but would appreciate are: Settlers of Catan (I know, I know, shut up!), the Battlestar Galactica game, and/or Robo-Rally. In terms of table-top gaming, I really only play Dungeons & Dragons 5E. I have almost all of the source books except for Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. I’ve really wanted to delve deeper into Dungeon World though, so that would be a nice book/system to gift.

Film/Television
    While I still happily collect seasons of television on DVD (and always will), I’ve been transitioning to a digital collection via Amazon for film. So for films, an Amazon giftcard with a note of what films to buy would work well. For television, I’m a sucker for mystery shows (Murder, She Wrote!, Monk, Psych, ect…) and cartoons. I don’t own any of Batman Beyond on DVD, which seems like a moral failing on my part. Oooh, my roommates & I have been making our way through Dragon Ball, so any of the movie collections (except for the first DBZ one with Tree of Might, as I do own that pack) would be awesome.

Music
    I have recently been getting into collecting music CDs as my car doesn't have any way of playing music beyond them (and a radio). My favorite genres are Synth-Pop (I have Carpenter Brut's Trilogy, for example), 80's Pop, and Classic Rock. Basically any awesome compilation of good music from any genre except country is going to go over well.

Books
    I like books! Nerd alert! My favorite genres are pulp/adventure and murder mysteries. I’m currently reading through Clive Cussler’s Dragon and Agatha Christie's the Murder of Roger Ackroyd, to give you a sense of my literary tastes. I also like comic books. From a moral position I have to request you send me no Marvel books while they still cater to Neo-Nazis, but for DC I have some favorite characters: Plastic Man, Batman, & Lex Luthor. I really enjoyed the first volume of The Black Beetle, so its follow-ups would be cool.

I think that’s basically everything, so thanks to anyone who sends me anything. I am always grateful for this and especially to @Raijin Quickfoot for putting it on.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Zonny

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I get so much enjoyment out of doing this that I should be thanking you!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I get so much enjoyment out of doing this that I should be thanking you!

You're welcome

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Hi Saints thread, it's your boy, Bendery.

I'm signing up this year as a recipient of your <3. A recent breakup has left my finances pretty toast and I now live alone for the first time ever in my life.

Wish list:

I could use apartment items, I have always sucked at decorating and I don't have much in the realm of worldly possession. If you think it'd look good on a nerds wall, I'm happy to receive it.
    I love to cook, but left quite a few things at the old place, so I'd be grateful for any simple kitchen ware from spatulas and baking pans to plates and glasses.
    And my favorite thing to ask for every Christmas; Literature and Music. I love to receive books and music from other forumers, send me a book you read this year or an album that really stuck.

Thank you
    <3 Bendery

edited November 2018
    I know I left this out of the instructions and I probably should have edited it in... But I haven't yet.

Don't forget to PM me your name and address so I can share it with those giving gifts.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    it's ya boy; everyone's favorite drunk and my life is even more fucked than the uze.

right now i am temping, after 7 weeks of job searching. this is a very shaky future and i basically can only string together two months of survival money at a time if i am lucky. this is a huge transitional moment for me, and it sucks to never have the ability to look too far ahead.

i waffled between signing up, but man, i need something to look forward to. and what's better than a package in the mail?

so here is my amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1TUZ4Z1EK22UM

i like movies and tv and that is always a good choice. i want to be buried in physical media. i have a working vcr, so bizzarro vhs is always welcome. my dream gift is a working laserdisc player (i do not expect you to get me a laserdisc player)

when it comes to anything games: i got a ps4 and a 3ds. i can't play games on my laptop so i don't have a steam account.

there are numerous people you can ask for suggestions for outside the box.

i love pigs so that is always a safe bet. pigs and suicide squad jokers.

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Someone please gift @Rorshach Kringle some Murder, She Wrote! fan-art.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    someone paint jessica fletcher onto a laserdisc player and send me to heaven

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Zonugal wrote: »
    Someone please gift @Rorshach Kringle some Murder, She Wrote! fan-art.

1hRG0ci.jpg

It's 1:15am...I'm tired and I'm sitting up with a vomiting 2 year old when all I want to do is sleep.

Anyway, that's where this is coming from.

I love all of you so much and this place is incredible. Running this every year is one of the highlights of my year every year abd I hope (while I wish nobody needed the help) that I get to keep doing it for a long time.

All I do is set it up. I don't really have the money to buy things for people so I'm living vicariously through all of you givers and it's amazing and you're amazing and this place is amazing and that's all I got.

I need to sleep...

That's what I wrote last night? It's like I was drunk I was so tired