As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lane blocking raffles

SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
Can we someday please STOP allowing booths to do live raffles.

Not sure who but there was a HUGE lane blocking raffle being done, with a camera crew.

I asked an enforcer why this is still a thing and got a stupid answer. It was bigger than expected. Really?? This happens every damn year... it should always be the expected outcome of a raffle.

I was told i needed to turn back and go around another way.

I'm sure the fire chief would have shut it down in an instant... why didn't your enforcers do something to stop this??

4gzp0ml63v5i.png

• Consti2tionConsti2tion Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Sounds like Steel Series is causing problems again.

The 2 years I've gone, they come really close to causing a riot right before the expo hall closes because they give out a bunch of stuff.

Consti2tion on
  • nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Can we someday please STOP allowing booths to do live raffles.

Not sure who but there was a HUGE lane blocking raffle being done, with a camera crew.

I asked an enforcer why this is still a thing and got a stupid answer. It was bigger than expected. Really?? This happens every damn year... it should always be the expected outcome of a raffle.

I was told i needed to turn back and go around another way.

I'm sure the fire chief would have shut it down in an instant... why didn't your enforcers do something to stop this??

I can imagine your frustration. I myself hate standstills and being redirected. I get both sides and probably why they’d prefer a live drawing Vs sign up now and we’ll announce later type of deal. I don’t have a resolution for this other than that they relocated to another room for the raffle like have a raffle hall or something. However it’s pax and my experience is that it’s meant to be big and hyped! (As a side note I won some good stuff though so maybe i’m Biased).

Sorry

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I'm good with it being big and hyped. I don't do a lot of raffles myself, I take a shot at maybe one or two with good gear being put up, but I still like it. And I don't mind going around raffles that I'm not participating in.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    The raffles should be announced on Twitter and the winners report to the both within 30min or so. No reason to further clog up already clogged pathways

zmYaVYP.png
  • Cobalt BlueCobalt Blue Registered User regular
    I think the crazy raffles are part of the show. There are always multiple paths to get to places; I don't find the blockages to be much of an issue.

PPrdvOH.png
  • BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    The raffles should be announced on Twitter and the winners report to the both within 30min or so. No reason to further clog up already clogged pathways

This is what Square enix did and it was a great system