As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Anyone still playing this? I hit 70 on my paladin and am finding that I really need some people to play with.

I'm on PS4, id is in my sig.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I don't play this game, but I ended up with a code for an Enthusiast Pack and in-game title: Guardian of Gauntlgrym. So, it's free for the taking!
    Loading...?
    Enjoy!

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I don't care what Tycho says, you're a gentleman and a scholar, @berylline.

Yep...coming up on four years in Neverwinter for me, if you count beta...still kicking. But thanks for the code. Just wanted to let you know it'll be well-used.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I doubt many are still playing this but I saw they just released a Ravenloft expansion... being a big Ravenloft fan I thought I would fire it up again (of course I am waaaay far away from getting to that content)

Last time I played was in 2014, and the game is certainly more streamlined than it used to be. Really enjoying it so far and it has been a nice break from the games I have been playing recently.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got a nice new Owlbear mount for linking my Twitch and Arc accounts.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/9d15thKGxWg

Penny Arcade's making a proper dip into the game.
    MMORPG.com wrote:
    Perfect World Entertainment has announced that The Heart of Fire module will be coming to Neverwinter this fall for PC. The new content will feature Acquisitions Incorporated, "the famed Dungeons & Dragons adventuring company created by Penny Arcade's founders". The module's content has been written by and will be voiced by Jerry Holkins & Mike Krahulik from Penny Arcade, as well as Amy Falcone as the character Walnut Dankgrass.
    A job faire goes horribly awry in the Blacklake District when Walnut Dankgrass (Amy Falcone) asks adventurers to eliminate the competition who are potentially luring eager prospects away. Aiding the Druid leads to even greater opportunity: an intern trial at the newly-constructed Acq. Inc. headquarters in the heart of Protector’s Enclave.

One exhilarating orientation later, adventurers are set loose on the Sword Coast with a mission from Omin Dran (Jerry Holkins) himself, “Find some giant red rubies!” With the occasional “assistance” from Jim Darkmagic (Mike Krahulik), players begin an expedition throughout the Sword Coast that grows more ridiculous with every request: infiltrate a Beholder convention, battle sky pirates in the Acquisitions Inc. airship and rescue royalty culminating in a marvelous new Skirmish. Additionally, the Professions system is receiving an overhaul which will allow players to own and manage their personalized workshop in Protector’s Enclave.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

MMORPG.com wrote:
    Perfect World Entertainment has announced that The Heart of Fire module will be coming to Neverwinter this fall for PC. The new content will feature Acquisitions Incorporated, "the famed Dungeons & Dragons adventuring company created by Penny Arcade's founders". The module's content has been written by and will be voiced by Jerry Holkins & Mike Krahulik from Penny Arcade, as well as Amy Falcone as the character Walnut Dankgrass.
    A job faire goes horribly awry in the Blacklake District when Walnut Dankgrass (Amy Falcone) asks adventurers to eliminate the competition who are potentially luring eager prospects away. Aiding the Druid leads to even greater opportunity: an intern trial at the newly-constructed Acq. Inc. headquarters in the heart of Protector’s Enclave.

One exhilarating orientation later, adventurers are set loose on the Sword Coast with a mission from Omin Dran (Jerry Holkins) himself, “Find some giant red rubies!” With the occasional “assistance” from Jim Darkmagic (Mike Krahulik), players begin an expedition throughout the Sword Coast that grows more ridiculous with every request: infiltrate a Beholder convention, battle sky pirates in the Acquisitions Inc. airship and rescue royalty culminating in a marvelous new Skirmish. Additionally, the Professions system is receiving an overhaul which will allow players to own and manage their personalized workshop in Protector’s Enclave.

That is really cool, though it looks like a mass banning just happened on Neverwinter.

https://www.mmorpg.com/neverwinter/news/neverwinter-implements-huge-ban-wave-after-hunt-exploit-goes-crazy-1000049892

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »

MMORPG.com wrote:

That is really cool, though it looks like a mass banning just happened on Neverwinter.

https://www.mmorpg.com/neverwinter/news/neverwinter-implements-huge-ban-wave-after-hunt-exploit-goes-crazy-1000049892

The sheer amount of salt, entitled whining, and kvetching from the banned/suspended players honestly makes me feel like going for another spin with the game and seeing what's popped up in the usermade quests since I've been in last.

I mean, you used an exploit in the game to illegally farm gods know how many astral diamonds, throw the economy of the game into the toilet, and line your own pockets with top of the line gear, and... you're saying it's Cryptic's fault because they never fixed the exploit? What even do you have to do to start thinking that way?

"Oh, it's your fault I did all those crimes and made all that illegal money and you ought to have made it harder for me to do it!"

No, you silly goose, you should have known that exploiting the game like that was against the gods-damned terms of service and not done it in the first place. But this is apparently leading to a bunch of people whining about it and how they'll never, ever trust Cryptic again. In which case, I say "I'm going to throw them a little cash just for the sheer amount of salt you cheating geese are spewing". Because their tears are goddamned delicious.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    People can be dicks in that regard. I recall I believe Kripparian heavily doing exploits in GW2 and trying to act all in-the-right when he got punished for it.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I fired this up again thanks to Aqc Inc, last time I played was in 2014. I started a new character (Boom Beestinger) and tried to speedlevel a bit to move past the point where I lost interest last time around. That was around lev30... This time I am ignoring crafting and avoid backtracking.

One question: I picked up a bunch of chests that require keys from the cash shop. Is there a way to unlock these without spending real money?

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    The VIP Program gives a free key each day. I haven't played in a while, but typically VIP was well worth the price of admission.

But otherwise, just vendor them. You'll end up with stacks of those things, and they're otherwise useless. Don't waste the inventory space on them.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Ah cheers!

--

I'm quite liking my warlock, big damage numbers and some survivability is going just fine in the early levels.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I have a couple of humble bundle Neverwinter keys that give some sort of Neverwinter content.

I believe these are both the same thing. Grab one if you still play or are gonna.
    Loading...?
    Exclusive free content includes the Intern Starter Pack: a Ensorcelled Mulhorand Weapon, a Bag of Holding, and a Stone of Health.

• Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    Summoning anyone still following this thread: How do you start crafting? Not finding good info on it online other than its supposed to unlock at level 10 but the NPC that supposedly gives the quest won't give it up even though I am level 16. Any ideas?

jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    Summoning anyone still following this thread: How do you start crafting? Not finding good info on it online other than its supposed to unlock at level 10 but the NPC that supposedly gives the quest won't give it up even though I am level 16. Any ideas?

Well, found my issue was that it was level 20 not 10 like most of the info I found online told me.

So this thread is pretty dead then, eh? Anyone still playing? I am goofing around with this with my son on the weekends (and playing with crafting during the week).

jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    The game kinda lost me when they stopped letting me do the profession stuff in the Gateway. Then they really lost me when they made a lot of the daily quest stuff difficult to solo reliably.

Number One Tricky
    a nu start wrote: »
    The game kinda lost me when they stopped letting me do the profession stuff in the Gateway. Then they really lost me when they made a lot of the daily quest stuff difficult to solo reliably.

Are there any difficulty spikes in the leveling arch? Right now we are not running out of content to worry about dailies and with two of us and companions everything seems to be cake - even three mans as twice we started them and had our 3rd rando player drop pretty quick and once I ran one private with just two of us. We're both around 25 so pretty far to go and we're not playing a lot so it will take awhile.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I played the beginning of the Aqu. Inc. quest. It is pretty neat. It unlocks quests all the way up to level 70.

You get the voices of the people who play Omin, Jim, and Walnut.

I kind of like how this visually realizes Aqu. Inc.. I wouldn't mind seeing some animated stories with them. They probably would have to switch to professional voice actors.

Krathoon on
    edited February 2020
    I do like how the game welcomes you back after you have been gone for a while. All MMOs need to do that. They should also have an optional "The story so far..." thing too.

I guess I got a free mount? It directed me to the mounts guy and I got a horse.

Maybe not. I barely played it the first time around. The Aqu. Inc. quests drew me in. What they did using the setting is pretty funny.

I am starting to see how they make money. The game essentially had loot boxes at pop up when you fight monsters. You have to buy keys to unlock them.

Edit: I am currently working on a quest where this crazy mage did some ritual that opened portals and ignited blue flame all over the place.

I got to the last part in the first campaign. It turned out that the monsters in the new zone were too high of a level.

Krathoon on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Giving this thread a bump as I'm ramping up to get a rudimentary guild going on the Xbox ecosystem, and since there is an actual game thread, might as well use it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited May 2020
    Probably might be good to mention here that the reason for said bump in XB1-NW activity is due to a charity sale going on here for the Dragonborn Pack. Just 10 bucks gets it but the sale's going to end after Memorial Day. They have versions of it for the PS4 and PC editions of the game as well.

Owenashi on
    Blackdagger Ruins is kind of a meh zone.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Indeed, but you do get quests from a werewolf, so it balances out. Though the verticality in places can be a pain in the ass.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    As for possible time to do the guild thing. I'm thinking around 8pm Pacific, or a little after tomorrow/today the 25th, if 4 or more can meet me then.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, I can; just message me on XBL. (I literally forget who's added me, since I am bad at Multi Player Things. (Sometimes the things. Sometimes the multi...))

dporowski on
    Oh, that reminds me, for those that haven't friended me on XBL before my gamertag is BlackDragon1066

In Neverwinter my primary toon is Thia Loreweaver.

Besides Neverwinter I'm also active in Star Trek Online, Warframe, Diablo 3, and Division 2 and am normally down for playing whatever, whenever if I've set myself to appear online

I assure everyone I don't bite or judge, but if I'm partaking of potent potables while playing I may get very chatty and sassy. Feel free to ask me to STFU and/or mute my ass if necessary, I'll completely understand :biggrin:

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    8 pm works fine for me.

Just unlocked crafting last night and I can see losing some hours to this. The paragon menu mentions layouts, I'm guessing I get 2 or so free so that my barb can have both a tank and DPS spec?

Carpy wrote: »
    8 pm works fine for me.

Just unlocked crafting last night and I can see losing some hours to this. The paragon menu mentions layouts, I'm guessing I get 2 or so free so that my barb can have both a tank and DPS spec?

Yes. Though since a lot of spec specific skills and boons depend on which of the 2 paragon paths that unlock at level 30, you will need a retrain/respec token along with a second layout unlocked to make it happen. They aren't that expensive (campaign currencies or auction house), but something you have to know you need to seek out.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Are there Dragonborn race quests?

I've had a personal matter come up and won't be on any tonight. If anyone else wanted to try and get the guild ball rolling without me, feel free. Otherwise I'll look to shoot for another evening this week.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Is there even a confirmed 5 warm bodies?

dporowski wrote: »
    Is there even a confirmed 5 warm bodies?

If you and Krathoon both wanted in, yes.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Oh, cool then. I'm not likely to play very regularly (MMO fatigue) but given I've the character, signing up is an easy one.

Still dealing with some IRL stuff. At this point I'd say lets shoot for tomorrow around 7PM PDT.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    This was an unusual and violence-free quest I stumbled upon at the Neverdeath cemetery.

I still need to make it to Neverdeath.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    This was an unusual and violence-free quest I stumbled upon at the Neverdeath cemetery.

I just did that one, it's preposterous and fun.

Oh man, Barbarians really feel good to play once you get to and past Lv30 which nets you the Relentless Slash At-Will attack. Having an AoE I can spam without cooldown makes getting through groups a lot quicker.

I will be making a return to Neverwinter this evening after 8PM Pacific if we wanted to try and get a guild rolling.

Will be on my primary wizard name of Thia Loreweaver running stuff in Chult or Ravenloft.

~ Buckaroo Banzai