As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Anakin’s Fighter releasing soon. And Clones get helmets.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Clone Wars TW coming, with super buffs for GG, Dooku, Mace and CUPolice
    haha this is awesome

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    It isn't a new TW. It's the same ol' TW that we've had for a long time now. They're doing what they're calling a "Clone Takeover" where Clone teams get special bonuses. Plus Grievous.

• GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, beside new helmet and providing them a usefulness in TW for both Galactic and Separatists, there is nothing that changged for them. I'm glad I had them all at 7 stars and Gear 7 or 8 but not sure if they are worth gearing up further. We'll see.

Disapointing no one is getting some kind of rework though. The month is young so they can still drop a rework or new toons on us. Both Grievous and Mace Windu, both epic characters, are in need of a lot of love to make them relevant again.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    Yeah, beside new helmet and providing them a usefulness in TW for both Galactic and Separatists, there is nothing that changged for them. I'm glad I had them all at 7 stars and Gear 7 or 8 but not sure if they are worth gearing up further. We'll see.

Disapointing no one is getting some kind of rework though. The month is young so they can still drop a rework or new toons on us. Both Grievous and Mace Windu, both epic characters, are in need of a lot of love to make them relevant again.

I got lucky because I geared up and zeta'd my clones early on -- they were my go to for HAAT and could get me ~4M Dmg, so thankfully I don't have to invest much more if they get reworked and are worth it.

As for the separtists and galactic republic, I expect some more ships and synergies this month. They're probably getting ready for the new Clone Wars episodes coming out in 2019 so expect to see some more content next year.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I really wish with all the new toons they've dropped they'd be mixing up shipment stores.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    Yeah, I’d also argue no character should ONLY be available occasionally in a store. Looking at you, Jyn Erso.

• ErrorError Registered User regular
    Yeah, I’d also argue no character should ONLY be available occasionally in a store. Looking at you, Jyn Erso.

She's a Rebel. She rebels.

They have fallen way behind on getting some of the newish stuff out too. And also they are spreading everything too thin. Having almost everything exist on a single node makes for literally everything being a 6 month grind anymore.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    See, sometimes Galactic War is freaking bullshit and instantly puts me up against level 70s... and other times it is balanced and I can actually complete it.
    rg4f9k46prvc.png
    I prefer the latter.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    They have fallen way behind on getting some of the newish stuff out too. And also they are spreading everything too thin. Having almost everything exist on a single node makes for literally everything being a 6 month grind anymore.
    Gotta make that money

My worst complaint is that EA doesn't even add heroes to stores anymore. When was the last time a character was added to the Guild, Arena, Galatic store? All these new characters are instead added to "nodes" for farming, making them even harder. It now to the point where I don't know where to spend my Cantina and Arena coins. I just buy money because I already own all these characters to 7 stars.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    I’m finishing out the dregs in the Cantina store, and cursing the fact that the Guild Store makes me choose between characters and gear that I never get from raids.

Guild Event store just goes to Hoda now. Made the mistake of not doing that initially.

I wish they would change the daily gear challenges so it's actually fun and not just using my 50k+ sim tickets. It's just checking a box and not really fun for anyone level 75+

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I think they straight up said they'd no longer put new characters in the arena and gw stores.

It's just resources for the shard shop when you've gotten em all.

I'm done with gw and arena. Got all but two in the guild store, and they're both 6*. Got one ship left in the fleet store, need like 10 more shards. Which is awesome cause I'm getting a zeta every other day or so.

Hmm...just got to 90/100 Home One shards.

I’ve got 1600+ crystals. So I could refresh and finish it off. Or wait another rotation, which might mean missing out on finishing Chimera...

edited November 2018
    I'm seeing the Home One event come around a lot more frequently, so I'd wait instead of spending crystals on a refresh.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I think that's just a bit of a perception issue. The fleet mastery events are monthly. All 3 of them come once a month. But when they fall within the month is a bit unreliable. Home One came very late in October, and early in November, so it feels like we're seeing it more often, but really we're seeing it the same.

It looks like Thrawn/Chimera are “coming soon”...

If I had to guess, I’d say it’ll show up before Home One comes back around.*

It would be nice to get 2 cruisers to 7 stars...

*More accurately, if I blow some crystals on Home One, it’ll be back before Chimera. If I don’t, it’ll be Chimera first.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I'm barely holding in the Arena with my outdated JTR team, but the more meta Sith or Bastilla Jedi are lagging enough I'm not sure it's a good idea to swap.

Traya is only at 5*/GL8, and nobody I'd put on that Sith team is higher than 11. I've seen some solid Traya/Sion/Nihilus/Trooper/Thrawn setups, but I'm a long way from running that effectively. Thrawn is geared and modded for war, but everyone else hasn't gotten nearly enough attention to make that swap.

Prepping for Bastilla Jedi as a lead up to a Revan team is kind of my holding pattern for now. GMYoda, HYoda, and General Kenobi are all G12 already, and Ezra's at 9, so at least they're placeholder'y for when I want to give it a whirl, but Bastilla herself still needs 125 shards, so even with 16 attempts per day, that's likely at least a month away.

Of course, all of the other characters for the event need 185-235 shards apiece, so even working on those dutifully day by day, it'll be at least a quarter or two before I'm likely ready (as is their business model, I get that). I should probably stop splurging on finishing up gear pieces for a bit and start rebuilding the crystal supply so I can at least have a shot at buying out the last few shards I might need if I'm close but not quite there, and have a cushion to also buy into a few bits of gear if those characters are still falling short despite being at 7 stars.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Don't swap to Bastila, that's for sure. She's already out of the meta. I was an early adopter and got that team up and running pretty fast. And I enjoyed a few weeks of stably being in the top 50. I usually hovered around 30.

But now? A couple months later? Every night when I check my PVP's, I'm like 145 or sometimes even worse than that. One night, a few weeks ago I was like 216. I haven't been that bad off in forever.

Right now the best teams for the meta are still Traya teams if you're in a guild good enough to farm her, or else Chewie/Rebels teams, or else Night Sisters. Bastila/Jedi are out.

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I had a JTR team for awhile as well. Probably my most successful team since I started the game but they've been on the outs for sometime.

The new meta I'm rocking is CLS, Han, R2, Chewy, And Nest. While there are some teams that give me headaches because of their RNG (f/n NS) I'm pretty happy with the team. And my Chewy is only 6*. So they should be even better when that event comes around again. You could also sub out Nest for OBK but Nest in certain situations can suck crazy damage.

My JTR can get to top 100 without a ton of trouble, but requires me to get a battle or two in before the payout, and that isn't always conveniently available.

I'm currently at 44/85 Traya shards, so 141 to go. We're pretty good about getting our tickets in, but say that's 1 per 4 days. Even at 6 shards per clear that's another 24-29 raids, or another 3-4 months before Traya's 7 stars.

My Chewie is only 5*, so I'm not planning on relying on him (though my other Rebels have some solid options). My Nest is only 3 stars, so while I'm aware of them punching above their weight class, I don't think that's a path to travel for me. Nightsisters hold some appeal, but they hit a similar issue as moving to Sith; even though the characters are all 7 stars, the gearing requirements will take months to catch up with.

Really, the issue we all face is setting a plan and following it, or eternally changing course and never getting anywhere because it takes months or quarters to achieve some baseline stuff. I'm not so much planning on driving up Bastila herself, as recognizing that at least in my shard, a bunch of the top Revan teams seem to basically be "Bastilla teams except drop her from lead and replace someone with him".

Further compounded by 'oh yeah by the time I get Revan and gear him up, they'll release another broken character that irrevocably alters the meta again'.

I'm glad I've spent very little on this game. I don't foresee dropping it anytime soon, but not due to the sunk cost fallacy by any stretch.

My current farm is all Episode 8 stuff.

My own personal theory--

Following what was needed for Jedi Rey, it makes me think that we will for sure need the following:
    -Episode 8 First Order, so that means KRU, Executioner, and SF Tie Pilot
    -Rose and Holdo

Also, another theory of mine, I think Rey #3 will be the first Heroic Journey that requires ships, unless that do that for Luke #3. There has been some rumor of the OG Falcon being data mined from the most recent patch. If the original Falcon comes in, that will absolutely be essential for Luke #3.

But otherwise, and probably still, I think we're gonna need a bunch of Resistance ships for Rey #3, so I've been farming Poe's ship, the Episode 7 Falcon, and Resistance TIE.

I also think they will for sure pull some sort of pay-wall panic farm bullshit since that's how they make their money.

That means they will very likely drop Hux like a month or two before Rey 3, and only the whales and people who hoard crystals will be able to get him. I haven't started hoarding crystals yet, but I'm thinking I might start soon.

Rey #3 is at least a year away, right?

I’m sure there’s stuff to farm that may be more necessary in the short term.

I just want to get it all in place so I don't have to worry about it later.

Holdo is probably worth it for the inevitable Resistance capital ship.

edited November 2018
    I keep expecting a RotJ Luke that requires 7* G12 ewoks, though I guess if it follows CLS journey it would be ROLO, CHS, CSL and Hermit Yoda.

Oh and OT Chewie.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    edited November 2018
    I'm appreciating the Night Sister Zombie rework which allowed my Night sister Arena team to get competitive again. I'm usually above top 50 with just playing a minimum of 2 area matches.

While I have a 6* Bastillas and working on getting her to 7*, I'm also farming the old republic toons if I want to get a shot in 12 months are Raven. This one will be a long farm, similar to the vets which were horribles.

Do have a 6* Chewie and now that my Bossk is 7*, I'm confident I'll be able to get Chewie 7* the next time around.

I'm almost up for a new zeta and hesitating between giving it to chewie, CLS leader or just give it to Barris so that I have a good defence toon to place to help hold defence more in arena.

Guibs on
    Based on their recent releases, I think it's a guarantee that no matter what we farm, they will drop new characters a few months or weeks beforehand that are impossible to farm to 7 stars without paying into it.

Honestly, it removes a lot of the 'omg maybe I should farm X' drive. It's likely impossible to predict or account for, so I just accept that it'll have to wait for the second or third time around. Like, CLS was a situation where some people felt super smug for 'knowing' they should farm up 5 specific characters to unlock him, but pretty much everything since has involved short notice releases. Having 3 out of 5 characters already good to go is a fine start, but if we need to get all of them to 7 stars, it's a moot issue without another quarter or two of farming time anyways.

Granted, Chewie just needed bounty hunters, but the gear requirements for those were pretty substantial. I'm sure some people 6 and 7 starred him on the first go with some highly lucky RNG, but with the BH's I had available, I was happy just to unlock him on the first go. Since Bobba Fett is a presence in my (and almost everyone's) Ship Arena, and BH's are called upon several times in the Dark Side TB, I don't mind putting some time and effort into them as well, but it's more of a side project.

It's probably one of the things I'm least happy about with this game; highly long term plans/effort required to make progress, but extremely short term notice about what is necessary to achieve new objectives. Like, without spending major cash, it's impossible to farm up some of these characters in a time frame that's measured in anything but months, if not quarters. "Hey guys, the next legendary character comes out in 3 months, you'll need X, Y, Z, and 2 new characters who come out next month".

Yes, I get it, 'panic farming and whales' is basically their business model, but people who were going to pay to refresh were always going to do that. Maybe they lose out on some panic $20 packs, but I'd like to think 'being less dickish' might garner some more positive elements to the community as well. Oh well, they won't change it, it's clearly working well enough for them.

I think the thing I'm most interested in from the road map they released last week is the 'personal territory war' grand arena sounds interesting, but I'll admit a bit of trepidation. Especially as I'm up around 3.8m GP, which means I suspect I'll be matches against some folks with a much shallower bench that's focused more on ass kicking, where my piles of characters around gear level 7 won't be remotely as useful.

I'm hoping they don't create a panic farm with Jedi Luke.

I'm currently gearing rolo, chs, hoda, wampa, ipd, and getting ready for chewie to come around again. Some are already g12.

That would be two legendaries, and some real long fucking farms

Who knows though

HoundsTooth and Geonosians are taking over my shard's fleet meta and messing thing up for me. I had the old Vader, tf, Biggs squad handle easily.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    HoundsTooth and Geonosians are taking over my shard's fleet meta and messing thing up for me. I had the old Vader, tf, Biggs squad handle easily.

I've noticed the same. I've been using a 4 star HT with some success as I have Bosk at G12. I have Sun Fac and his shipped kitted out but I haven't gotten the motivation to gear up the other two genos.

Huh, dark side bastilla

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    So we'll need at least her, Canderous, and HK for...DS Revan?

It's been a while since I've played KotOR, but I don't remember Bastila ever going dark. Or is that something that the player is allowed to do, like basically force her to go dark? I can't remember.

Wasn’t she like a mini-boss before Malak?

Was her going dark dependent on Revan’s alignment?

I know in KOTOR 2 you could turn or redeem the party members.

• ErrorError Registered User regular
    You could turn her if you romanced her, I believe.

She gets turned near the midpoint of the game. then you fight her towards the end of the game. at the end of that fight you can either join her or kill her or turn her

Zdy0pmg.jpg