As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    This may have already been posted, but this is my experience re: Drift zones:

It should go without saying, but make sure you've got a car with more nuts than it knows what to do with. RWD is somewhat preferable, but AWD vs RWD doesn't make a significant difference if your car's got the sack to spin the tires from a standstill. Use manual shifting, then start from a dead stop at the beginning of the zone while in 3rd gear. The game scores 3rd and 4th-gear drifts higher than if you started in 1st gear. After that it's just a matter of getting lucky with your line.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    Either Drivatars are stupid, or the Nissan Titan is tip happy.

Or both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp8rE4F2F8s

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I will be on tonight. Will we be doing Motorsport or Horizon?

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    Either Drivatars are stupid, or the Nissan Titan is tip happy.

Or both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp8rE4F2F8s

It's definitely tip happy. Lots of those trucks are pretty tall and tip fairly easily.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Imagine using anything offroad other than the Warthog
    smh imo tbh

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    So I've done at least 3 ranked championships after finishing qualifying. I am still sitting at "Rank 20 - 0" after every one. I don't understand why the numbers are not moving. I consistently finish mid-pack or higher. One of them I finished 1st, 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in the 4 races.

Is your team winning? I believe (never tried it and not enough people play it for info to be plentiful) rank progress goes by team performance, not personal performance.

Ranking by team performance seems SUPER dumb. I know my team won at least 1 of them and I think probably another.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    So I've done at least 3 ranked championships after finishing qualifying. I am still sitting at "Rank 20 - 0" after every one. I don't understand why the numbers are not moving. I consistently finish mid-pack or higher. One of them I finished 1st, 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in the 4 races.

Is your team winning? I believe (never tried it and not enough people play it for info to be plentiful) rank progress goes by team performance, not personal performance.

Ranking by team performance seems SUPER dumb. I know my team won at least 1 of them and I think probably another.

You gain points when your team wins, you lose them when your team loses.

The better you do the more points you gain/lose less points.

I honestly don't know why I keep doing it at this point. At least it seems to be a lot less S2 racing recently.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    smh imo tbh

My FE bonuses, though :<

GIVE ME AN FE WARTHOG

Stabbity_Style.png
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Horizon.

Speaking of, here are the FH4 Winter Events/Challenges/Shop for the week (courtesy reddit):

Season Events
    Trial [Location: Mountain Foot | No PI Restriction - Offroad Buggys | Prize: "Green Man" suit (Unbeatable)]
    Championships
    Back to the 90s [Location: Derwent Coast Sprint | No PI Restriction - 1990s Collection| Prizes: 5.000 CR (Average), Vaux Carlton (Highly Skilled), "Alien" Costume (Expert)]
    Veloster-Raptor [Location: White Horse Hill Path | No PI Restriction - Hyundai Veloster Turbo | Prizes: 5.000 CR (Average), "Kazoo" Horn (Highly Skilled), Super Wheelspin (Expert)]

Weekly Challenge
    1. Own and drive a SUV Hero
    2. Get 10 "Binman" skills in a SUV Hero
    3. Win 3 Cross-Country events in a SUV Hero
    4. Get 10 "Trading Paint" skill in a SUV Hero

#Forzathon Shop
    1995 Nissan Nismo GT-R LM Forza Edition (300 FP)
    2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (175 FP) [exclusive]
    Pumpkin Hat (100FP)
    Clown Mask (100FP)

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Finally got all the speed traps, jumps and drifts, was gonna finish off the speed zones but the winter season is making it tough

Any tips for earning money generally? I don't think I'll ever be able to afford the castles

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    So I think they must have patched in a nice quality of life change? At least I think it's new.

I went to the 'find a new tune' page (for my specific car) and it put tunes from players I was following at the front of the 'suggested' line. I remember getting annoyed I had to either manually search for the name or go to his list and manually search for the car in the past.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    If your drivatar character wears a jacket in winter season are you rping

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Finally got all the speed traps, jumps and drifts, was gonna finish off the speed zones but the winter season is making it tough

Any tips for earning money generally? I don't think I'll ever be able to afford the castles

Head over to the sand dunes by the beach and grind skill points. Loads of cars have wheelspins and you also get them by levelling up.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »

Head over to the sand dunes by the beach and grind skill points. Loads of cars have wheelspins and you also get them by levelling up.

I personally do mostly drifting/etc next to the dunes on the sand drag race track. That way I don’t accidentally lose my points due to a weird air mishap. Just slide around up and down, taking out the markers for the track and you’ll have racked up the skill points. I usually end up with 40’sh after fooling around for a bit. Having the skill song makes it even better. Remember you can only get a max of 10 skill points at one time, so stop and let it cash in when you hit it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    That reminds me, what are skill songs and how do you get them?

Bobble wrote: »
    That reminds me, what are skill songs and how do you get them?

Skill Songs are songs played on the radio at random while out in the world (DJ will introduce it, you'll get an onscreen countdown), during which all skill points are doubled, as is the multiplier. To unlock them you have to buy the Huntsman Lodge house for 750,000 credits. The Huntsman Lodge is in the middle of Lakehurst Forest, away from any road so it can be hard to find.

Spoiler for not-entirely-exact directions:
    Look on the map, it's a bit west of the bottom edge of the "F" in "Forest". Pretty much dead center of the forest. It'll still take some looking to find the nearby trails/house itself.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    smh imo tbh

I'm bummed that I didn't have time to actually play the Warthog mission, after unlocking it, before my Game Pass expired.

Next time I start up the game, first thing I'm going to do. In the meantime, it's back to FM7.

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Horizon.

Speaking of, here are the FH4 Winter Events/Challenges/Shop for the week (courtesy reddit):

Season Events
    Trial [Location: Mountain Foot | No PI Restriction - Offroad Buggys | Prize: "Green Man" suit (Unbeatable)]
    Championships
    Unlike last week this actually works, now. Pretty sure you only need your team to win, too. (The race I got first in it said I was 2nd, so I'm not 100% certain it's team but I think it is). Someone brought a D 106 VW beetle , so in my S-class car I actually lapped him and 2 AI haha.
    dcyaeu4g2316.jpg

I just auction the expensive ass cars I've won through wheel spins that I don't care about driving. I've made about $6 million doing that.

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, on a Horizon note from last night, I offer proof that, while ebo's... Morgan Aero... won a Cross Country Race, I argue its win is deeply tainted by shenanigans, namely him throwing a hay bale into my face, and dispute its claim to the True Cross Country Vehicle. Proof:
    https://youtu.be/vbqMyxmi-2M
    I thought you were exaggerating.

I see you were not. :twisted:

Please, call me ebo.
    edited November 2018
    First expansion has been announced on the #XO18 stream:

Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island
    Coming December 13th
    https://youtu.be/Yl_zJMeUURQ

45768019662_57b8e059db_c.jpg
    DrrLYgaUwAAK3-a.jpg

That's all the info right now, will add/post more as it comes out.

Bloodsheed on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Also we're getting another Hoonigan car pack, this one for Ken Block's GymkhanaTEN video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2492gqA5II

WTF is Hoonigan anyway and why are they all over every livery and car in this game

Crippl3 on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Ha. That looks delightful. They basically just made Northern Scotland: The expansion.
    No, really.
    fnz4oaivbkpj.jpg3jkt8w3pbhrb.jpg3qegdgi5m7o0.jpgsadlq76nplta.jpg623i5dbwwv00.jpg

Also we're getting another Hoonigan car pack, this one for Ken Block's GymkhanaTEN video

WTF is Hoonigan anyway and why are they all over every livery and car in this game

Not a (new) car pack, some of those are already in game part as part of the existing Car Pass. I would think the remaining 3 will be as well.

Because reasons...

ndjga7k31nuv.jpg

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Does anybody have any advice for the seasonal Danger Sign at the windmill other than “use the Agera rs”?

The seasons goal is 1,500ft, and the only stuff I was seeing as far as tops go is “use this car, use this tune, and it’s easy”.... but that car appears to be only available through the car pass.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

Not a (new) car pack, some of those are already in game part as part of the existing Car Pass. I would think the remaining 3 will be as well.

the new hoonicorn mustang will be in the forzathon shop next week, available to everyone.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Does anybody have any advice for the seasonal Danger Sign at the windmill other than “use the Agera rs”?

The seasons goal is 1,500ft, and the only stuff I was seeing as far as tops go is “use this car, use this tune, and it’s easy”.... but that car appears to be only available through the car pass.

I feel like the barn find TVR should be able to make it, with the right tune. I was getting ~1480 with it before giving up and switching to the Agera.

I think I saw people saying that the Lambo Aventador FE could also knock it out easily, if you have access to one.

Unfortunately it's not like there's technique, you just need to be going 230mph or something. I thought this jump was a pain too because the only ultracar I have is the Senna which doesn't go fast enough. Tried some other cars without luck and then remembered I have a car with two engines. So if you bought the Hot Wheels Twin Mill from Forzathon last? week, you can use the tune I shared (called "270 mph 4 jumps"). Turn on traction control but otherwise with AWD it's manageable enough.

I am still alive, my internet just went out completely and doesn't look like it'll be back tonight. :x

I am still alive, my internet just went out completely and doesn't look like it'll be back tonight. :x
    Without you we're doing S1 drag races at the beach
    jg1wn0pfs24a.png

• MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Without you we're doing S1 drag races at the beach
    jg1wn0pfs24a.png
    It was your idea!

Hahaha true, and I liked it.

• MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    I wanted to close the night out with The Dirty, but I couldn't find it. So we did a custom that was actually good instead.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

I feel like the barn find TVR should be able to make it, with the right tune. I was getting ~1480 with it before giving up and switching to the Agera.

I think I saw people saying that the Lambo Aventador FE could also knock it out easily, if you have access to one.

Thank you. The Aventador FE ended up doing the trick, but I wouldn't call it easily. I had a non FE Aventador, but I could only get up to 1450ft. So I kept checking the auction house and eventually found a FE, conveniently already at 999, and I was able to do 1505 my first run with it. Glad to have the achievement over with, and a fast car in case I need one in the future.

Would have tried the Twin Mill but I didn't get one, and didn't see any up for auction.

Perrsun on
    I stayed up an hour later than I planned to last night because I came across a portion of the map and had to make it a course, and then run the course in a few different cars. Very excited to share it with y'all on Tuesday. No spoilers but I named it The Fish Ladder.

edited November 2018
    If it is driving through a lot of water, I'm pretty sure a significant number of people will hate it. :P

Maybe you could force it to be s2 hypercars that are slammed to the ground.

CommunistCow on