As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    In universe clothing is my favorite form of merch

Give me all of the band shirts for your fictional bands

Just give me DBZ clothing.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/dragon-ball-z-vegeta-badman-short-sleeved-woven-button-up/10794924.html

You have freed me from an unbearable burden, friend.

I can finally have that fucking shirt.

tomorrow, the stars.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    In universe clothing is my favorite form of merch

Give me all of the band shirts for your fictional bands

Just give me DBZ clothing.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/dragon-ball-z-vegeta-badman-short-sleeved-woven-button-up/10794924.html

You have freed me from an unbearable burden, friend.

I can finally have that fucking shirt.

tomorrow, the stars.

every size sold out, lol

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    In Dragonball Super, Goku wears a blue and white tracksuit while he's working out on King Kai's planet and it has a big King Kai symbol on the back and that is pretty cool.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Lots of Indie news coming out of Inside Xbox this time, one of the biggest being:

The Good Life is coming to Xbox One, and while not mentioned in the tweet, will be included in Xbox Game Pass. Backers can swap their digital version to Xbox instead if they wish.

Also holy fucking shit they used the box art for a completely unrelated game for the announcement lmaoooo

Spy Party
    Also coming to Game Pass/Xbox One, Void Bastards by Blue Manchu Games and published by Humble Bundle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXZ5PD-y8iE

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen
    The demo for Tetris Effect is the absolute best shit

Can’t believe I’m probably gonna buy a $40 Tetris game next paycheck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEiUlT4vdLY

ZD98Zka.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Every time I got PAX I try to buy something from the Fangamer booth, I much prefer buying clothes whenever I can physically hold/test them, you know. Their stuff is rad.
    Fangamer always has a spot off to the side of their booth where Super Soul Bros hang out and play music, and I figured after hanging out there like 3 hours last PAX I should buy something from them, so I got a really kickin' FTL hoodie with the Kestrel on it.

steam_sig.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I got my Attorney's Badge from Fangamer.

Now relevant for two different games.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Star Citizen
    OK wow I tried one of those Master Mode weekend challenges in Tetris Effect and it just teleports the blocks right onto you. Even after a few tries I can only get up to speed 4 before it just gets too much. You're basically just playing the Next Block preview image and t-spinning non stop, it's kinda intense.

ZD98Zka.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    OK wow I tried one of those Master Mode weekend challenges in Tetris Effect and it just teleports the blocks right onto you. Even after a few tries I can only get up to speed 4 before it just gets too much. You're basically just playing the Next Block preview image and t-spinning non stop, it's kinda intense.

I like Master mode and my main complaint about Puyo Puyo Tetris was that it didn't have it. You can set the starting speed to the highest level, but that's not quite the same.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Is master mode even a thing outside of the Tetris: the Grandmaster games? That's the only place I've seen it.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Is master mode even a thing outside of the Tetris: the Grandmaster games? That's the only place I've seen it.

I first ran into it in Tetris Zone (a game that is no longer available) and now it is in Tetris Effect.

I guess it's not as common as it should be.

Star Citizen
    Expert mode you need to calm the FUCK dow-*ping* oh god no please I'm sorry

ZD98Zka.png
    Star Citizen
    Ying Yang on Expert is an actual nightmare. The first block is on the floor before you even see it and it never slows down

ZD98Zka.png
    Star Citizen
    Right, up to Metamorphosis on Expert; I'm hoping something else unlocks after this, I need more, more!

ZD98Zka.png
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    So to promote Parabolus I came up a series of game box covers for a bunch of old systems (one per console generation...kinda).
    http://parabolus.co.uk/downloads.html

I had a blast making these. I wonder if I could get them printed onto cardboard.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I finished The Missing, SWERY's new game.

Everyone needs to go play The Missing, if the content warnings aren't a complete deal breaker for you. If they are, try and watch an LP.

It's my game of the year. Hands down. And there's a new Smash Bros coming out next month.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    DayZ
    It looks like a platformer.
    Is the game very challenging, or is there a story mode that lets you coast?

VayBJ4e.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It looks like a platformer.
    Is the game very challenging, or is there a story mode that lets you coast?

It's a puzzle platformer. There's only two or three spots that require precise platforming, mostly when running from a monster. Otherwise the challenge is all puzzle solving.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    Spy Party
    Bandcamp has a neat interview with the composer for Hollow Knight: https://daily.bandcamp.com/2018/11/02/christopher-larkin-review/

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Telltale Games is being liquidated, and its games are being delisted from digital distribution platforms. Poker Night 2 was removed a while ago, and now Telltale's Jurassic Park, Back to the Future and Tales of Monkey Island have been pulled from Steam, although they're still up on GOG and consoles.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DayZ
    this is incredibly depressing

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This is not even a fraction as depressing as their entire workforce getting fucked over weeks ago

At this point it's more "good riddance"

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Did anyone post a link to this article here? I thought it was a really interesting look back at the original Poker Night in today's context.

Thetheroo on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    I liked both of those poker games.

To hell with Brock Sampson in the second one though. That guy straight up cheats.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Did anyone post a link to this article here? I thought it was a really interesting look back at the original Poker Night in today's context.

Granted it was an article about the fuzziness of memory, but this passage:
    I thought about the Penny Arcade guys raising money for children via their charity, Child’s Play, just to stick it to Jack Thompson (specifically, they said in 2005, to “jab him brutally”).

IIRC, they donated $10,000 to charity because Thompson said he would based on some dumb criteria and then welshed on it, so they donated in his name to stick it to him. Child's Play came about due to a desire act against the negative portrayal of gamers that guys like Jack Thompson were trying to push in the media.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    IIRC, they donated $10,000 to charity because Thompson said he would based on some dumb criteria and then welshed on it, so they donated in his name to stick it to him. Child's Play came about due to a desire act against the negative portrayal of gamers that guys like Jack Thompson were trying to push in the media.

That is rough to read again as "gamers" might be worse in 2018 than in 2005.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Star Citizen
    Zonugal wrote: »

That is rough to read again as "gamers" might be worse in 2018 than in 2005.

Very true.

edited November 2018
    Spy Party

They're splitting it between The Trevor Project and The Nature Conservancy.

Crippl3 on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Poker Night at the Inventory was a little dated even in 2010

Homestar Runner had been on hiatus for a year at that point and even before that it had largely drifted out of the zeitgeist, TF2 was three years old, Sam & Max was mostly enjoyed by people twenty years older than fans of all the rest

it was always a weird, weird product

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    sam & max was in there because it was telltale's flagship product at the time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Sam and Max season 3 is top 3 all time Telltale.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    The really weird thing about Poker Night for me is a guy doing the voice for Tycho because at the time he wasn't comfortable doing that sort of thing. These days I watch a regularly streamed DnD show where a large part of the appeal is that dude doing voices.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Star Citizen
    The really weird thing about Poker Night for me is a guy doing the voice for Tycho because at the time he wasn't comfortable doing that sort of thing. These days I watch a regularly streamed DnD show where a large part of the appeal is that dude doing voices.

It was eight years ago, when there was still an effort to differentiate between Tycho the character and Jerry the creator.

Now I think they just don't care.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I've never read Penny Arcade in Mike & Jerry's voices for Gabe & Tycho. Originally because I started reading the strip before I knew who Mike & Jerry were, then when I finally did years later I don't think I could ever reconcile those voices with those characters.

Star Citizen
    I have a weird thing where, unless I'm reading about a character who's voice I've heard in some other medium, I rarely think about how they sound.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't really consider that weird, I basically read the same way.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Spy Party
    Radius wrote: »
    Sam and Max season 3 is top 3 all time Telltale.

Not because it was good, mind:
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Max's_Severed_Head

I want to say they found their form at like BTTF?

discrider on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sam and Max season 3 was also legitimately extremely good though, and it's a shame that shortly afterwards they completely abandoned the classic point and click format

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Spy Party
    I found Sam and Max to include too much adventure game logic, which bogged the games down with lost wandering click everything on everything downtime.
    Then Telltale eliminated that for more storytelling and quicktime events, and they were really good at that.

But yeah, too many TF2 players bought Sam and Max 3 purely for the limited time only promotion items, and not to play.

discrider on
This discussion has been closed.