Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Cooking thread] what is the internet but an enormous recipe book?

1979899100101103»

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably go with OXO 'cuz I've got some of their products and they seem alright

what a happy day it is
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    I've never been bummed that I bought an OXO utensil. They are remarkably consistent in quality.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    XaquinDouglasDangerNightDragonErin The Red
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I ended up buying Peugeot mills because I wanted the wood look, but all of the Oxo stuff I own also rocks so do that.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • webguy20webguy20 Registered User regular
    doomybear wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably go with OXO 'cuz I've got some of their products and they seem alright

If you haven't ordered yet I got this one after reading pepper grinder reviews. I've loved it so far. Fresh ground pepper has been an amazing change.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDY8RNC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    I ended up buying Peugeot mills because I wanted the wood look, but all of the Oxo stuff I own also rocks so do that.

I love my Peugeot pepper mill (and the adjustable grind setting) but apparently I lived up to my namesake one day and dropped it and the wood trim at the bottom cracked into two pieces. Been meaning to epoxy it back on but it still works fine. 5/5 grind quality, 5/5 looks, 2/5 durability.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I've had this pepper mill for 20 years (or one very similar to it)

it's a good pepper mill

iqto0t8zb587.jpg

it is actually wine bottle sized and holds a goodly amount of peppercorns

tynicCampyBucketman
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I don't have a pepper mill

Also I don't really like black pepper

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

That's unimaginable to me. I need it like a Navigator needs The Spice.

m!ttensjgeiswebguy20doomybearXaquinErin The RedFeloniousmoz
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    V1m wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

That's unimaginable to me. I need it like a Navigator needs The Spice.

I mean I won't say no to it if someone offers it or a dish has it. It adds something. But I can usually take it or leave it.

Uriel on
    Bucketman
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    A little late to the party, but I really recommend that whichever mill you get use a ceramic burr grinder rather than steel. They are much less prone to corrosion (which is something you need to be wary about with steel, especially if you grind directly over a steaming pot). Also you shouldn't use pink or green peppercorns with steel burrs, again due to the moisture.

chrishallett83
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my pepper grinder has a coarse setting and it's the only one I use

it doesn't grind the peppercorns so much as convince them to split into quarters, and I love it

XaquinAshaman42Erin The Red
    my pepper grinder has a coarse setting and it's the only one I use

it doesn't grind the peppercorns so much as convince them to split into quarters, and I love it

Put you best judging hat on, because you're going to need it:
    I've stopped bothering with a grinder. I break up peppercorns, often combined with other whole spices, with mortar & pestle

tynicXaquinDepressperado
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

This was all a bit experimental and it was fucking phenomenal. This sauce for the chicken was sort of just tossed together with fridge things and oh mannnnn

Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    godmodeXaquinJimBobtheMonkeyDouglasDangerBucketmanSlacker71
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm really proud of this, it tasted exactly how I imagined it, and came out perfectly. Chorizo is the shit.

3clipseSporkAndrewDouglasDangergodmodechrishallett83Erin The RedXaquinBucketmanToxSlacker71
    niiiiiiice

I love chorizo

3clipseNaphtali
    Hey @Erin The Red , should we make a new thread?

Xaquin wrote: »
    niiiiiiice

I love chorizo

My secret vice (that is to say, the specific secret vice I will admit to here and now) is the chorizo picantes that Lidl sell for all of £1.79 apiece. They're not the 'real thing', but dang they cook up really nice in anything that likes some salty paprika-y pork-fatty enhancement. Or just as crispy greasy little discs of spicy goodness on their own as a meze.

Xaquin
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.