As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Hunting down that Bo Dallas image reminded me of what might be my favorite post I ever made on the forums, on the night that Bo Dallas won the NXT title.
    Just watched NXT.

I hope Bo Dallas does go to Disney World, and he gets stuck on the Dumbo Ride, and his elephant can't go up or down so he doesn't get any good pictures of the castle, and when he gets off he can't even get back in line because there's a big crowd and he already used his Fast Pass for the hour. And I hope they sell out of big turkey legs right before he gets to the turkey leg cart. And I hope he tries to go Test Track, but it's closed, so he has to go on Spaceship: Earth instead.
    Whoa hold up Spaceship Earth is way better than Test Track

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Hunting down that Bo Dallas image reminded me of what might be my favorite post I ever made on the forums, on the night that Bo Dallas won the NXT title.
    Just watched NXT.

I hope Bo Dallas does go to Disney World, and he gets stuck on the Dumbo Ride, and his elephant can't go up or down so he doesn't get any good pictures of the castle, and when he gets off he can't even get back in line because there's a big crowd and he already used his Fast Pass for the hour. And I hope they sell out of big turkey legs right before he gets to the turkey leg cart. And I hope he tries to go Test Track, but it's closed, so he has to go on Spaceship: Earth instead.
    Whoa hold up Spaceship Earth is way better than Test Track

Bo Dallas would definitely prefer Test Track to Spaceship Earth, though. One has things he hates, like education, while the other just goes fast.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Do they have a Spaceship Flat Earth option?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    oh my god i just got to personally witness one of the biggest pops ever

The Match got announced for Cibernetico

CHIKARA vs Beyond, 7 on 7

Nick fucking Gage is gonna be in a CHIKARA ring in 2 weeks

Welp, guess I'm going to this show live

EDIT: wait, shit, that's the day of the OSU/Michigan game, which is a family tradition

I'm definitely gonna stream it live at least

Dex Dynamo on
    oh my god i just got to personally witness one of the biggest pops ever

The Match got announced for Cibernetico

CHIKARA vs Beyond, 7 on 7

Nick fucking Gage is gonna be in a CHIKARA ring in 2 weeks

Welp, guess I'm going to this show live

EDIT: wait, shit, that's the day of the OSU/Michigan game, which is a family tradition

I'm definitely gonna stream it live at least

I'm in a similar boat - Takeover is this Saturday in LA, but UCLA/USC is also this Saturday.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Running nothing through the table! OH MY GAWWWD!!!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    where do you think Robb Banks will be on this year's PWI power rankings.

if he's not top 5 I riot.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Yeah Cody is limping around :(

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    where do you think Robb Banks will be on this year's PWI power rankings.

if he's not top 5 I rob banks.
    I really fucked this up the first time.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    So Global Wars was a really fun event.

No security at the venue which was weird...
    Which meant that people in the stands came and stood on the floor which sucked cause my tickets cost $30 more each
    Since Cody was hurt they took his match against Baretta and put him against Juice which ment Dalton Castle was left off the card (Juices original opponent) so we lost a match :(
    None of the new final BC shirts :(
    Venue was pretty empty (and dead for a Toronto crowd) but I guess that's what happens when you don't announce matches till 2 weeks before a Sunday night event.

Got to meet Hangman and stupid sexy Sanada

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Speaking of Disney and WWE, I'm almost certain I saw Kevin Owens and his wife at Epcot's Food and Wine.

Also, @Magell where in FL are you? I totally missed the moving part.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Oh one thing walking though the meet and greet area and seeing no one at Kushida made me real sad

also like a Virgil esque moment.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ken O wrote: »
    Speaking of Disney and WWE, I'm almost certain I saw Kevin Owens and his wife at Epcot's Food and Wine.

Also, Magell where in FL are you? I totally missed the moving part.

Port Charlotte

Magell on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Oh one thing walking though the meet and greet area and seeing no one at Kushida made me real sad

This is a shame because KUSHIDA fucking rules. I already miss his rivalry with Hiromu.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

This is a shame because KUSHIDA fucking rules. I already miss his rivalry with Hiromu.

When I saw KUSHIDA at the RoH TV tapings in Philly, when he won the TV title against Marty, he finished his match, and then just wandered through the crowd to the merch tables, high-fiving people and letting them cheers the belt with their beers.

It ruled. KUSHIDA is fucking great.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Cody has a "fairly damaged" meniscus. Will be putting off surgery to finish obligations with ROH (Final Battle main event with Lethal) and New Japan (Wrestle Kingdom US title match with Juice)

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ahhh lesnar is german suplexing the singh brothers and one of them landed on his head twice, jesus

I really hope he's okay

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    lol ronda did a millennials promo against becky even though becky is like less than a month older than she is

EzUAYcn.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    They started that promo with the crowd a bit muted and by the end there were people booing. Ronda Rousey just can't help letting her fuck-awful personality leak through.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Becky is the goat

I mean, she seemed pretty clearly to be talking about the stereotype of the millenial, and specifically (which to be clear I hated) about the "feminization of men" thing that seems to be like a leading theory of these neo nazi motherfuckers

ahem

but what I mean is the age isn't the point, it's the stereotype

becky busted open. also this ending actually almost brought me to tears? I don't know what that means. it made me really happy when smackdown rushed out.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Did becky break her own nose? Jesus it's all over her face and hands

I have no idea what actually happened but she looks fucking aaaaaaaaaaaaawesome (sorry I know I shouldn't be pro blood but .... it looks awesome)

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Apparently Becky has also figured out how to bleed better than anyone. Truly the best.

And hey, that ended promptly at 11!

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I didn't think Becky Lynch could look more badass but daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

This is probably the closest anyone has ever gotten to channeling Attitude Era Stone Cold, and she's doing it while still being herself.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I don't wish harm on anyone

but Becky's swagger and the blood was the most intense thing I've ever seen in wrestling

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    This is a situation like Kevin Owens debut where an accidental bit of blood worked out perfectly and made the intended wrestler look like the biggest badass on the planet

I mean jesus

CYpGAPn.png
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    There is not a force on earth that is going to stop the crowd from cheering for Becky on Sunday

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Any of us would be panicking if that much blood was coming out of us. Becky uses it as fuel for her badassery.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    I think, storyline wise, it makes more sense for Becky Lynch to win on Sunday, even though I'm not expecting it. It capitalizes on her white-hot popularity right now, would build her up as the force to be reckoned with, would counterbalance the probable loss of AJ against Brock, and makes Rhonda Rousey vulnerable. Rhonda has already had her run as the unstoppable bad-ass since Wrestlemania. If she loses to Becky, it makes her look vulnerable, and allows you to build a story around that vulnerability and her desire to rebuild her mystique. On the Smackdown side, it creates a new mountain for people to conquer in Becky, and could lead to some very good Wrestlemania matches like Asuka vs Becky, allowing Asuka to capture the gold that alluded her last time, while allowing Becky to have a very long reign.

• DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    This is a situation like Kevin Owens debut where an accidental bit of blood worked out perfectly and made the intended wrestler look like the biggest badass on the planet

I mean jesus

God DAMN. Becky's practically the only reason I regret cancelling the Network.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hunkology expert Becky lynch

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    never die wrote: »
    I think, storyline wise, it makes more sense for Becky Lynch to win on Sunday, even though I'm not expecting it. It capitalizes on her white-hot popularity right now, would build her up as the force to be reckoned with, would counterbalance the probable loss of AJ against Brock, and makes Rhonda Rousey vulnerable. Rhonda has already had her run as the unstoppable bad-ass since Wrestlemania. If she loses to Becky, it makes her look vulnerable, and allows you to build a story around that vulnerability and her desire to rebuild her mystique. On the Smackdown side, it creates a new mountain for people to conquer in Becky, and could lead to some very good Wrestlemania matches like Asuka vs Becky, allowing Asuka to capture the gold that alluded her last time, while allowing Becky to have a very long reign.

There will almost certainly be a fuck finish from alexas group or nia or Charlotte or all of them. I don't think even wwe is stupid enough to have Becky tap out, and they're not gonna let anyone go over their female brock lesnar.

AlphaRomero on
    I don't think you go from beating Charlotte clean to losing to anyone but they've shocked me in the worst ways before

I am expecting a ruined match, yeah. my original thought was Becky cheating (I mean, she could even win then, but I don't expect ronda takes any kind of loss unless she already lost on some bullshit and I missed it) but interference makes more sense. maybe even a bunch of people like you're saying as a set up to the rumble.

edited November 2018
    Did they seriously need to have Braun bury the Raw tag division...again?

EDIT: On a similar note, did they seriously have to give Tamina another match?

AlphaRomero on
    "Everyone's tough 'til the MAN comes around"

Blankzilla wrote: »

I mean jesus

Nothing but respect for my president.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
This discussion has been closed.