As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hesher] Bloody Hesher

FearmeisterFearmeister Registered User regular
edited November 2018 in Debate and/or Discourse
Here be the new thread for all the headbangers, heshers, metalheads and degenerate fucks out there

https://youtu.be/yuVmjv22Nqc

Some basic guidelines for people just joining up with us:

-we know that dethklok are the brutalest
-we know that Dragonforce are the noodliest
-we know that Opeth is some craaaazy shit, dog
-we know Varg Vikernes is crazy as fuck and totally stabbed a dude
-we know Behemoth has way too much money to make music videos
-we do, in fact, look down harshly upon Killswitch Engage

PA.fm 2007 review thread
Our first community review blog
July 06 to April 07
June to December 08
January 09 to May 09
May 09 to December 09
December 09 to May 10
May 10 to September 10
September 10 to July 11
July 11 to June 13
June 13 to September 15
Spetember 15 to July 17
July 17 to November 18

Some homebrewed bands:
Bog Wizard (@UEAKCrash ): https://bogwizard.bandcamp.com/releases
Visigoth (@homeless ): https://visigothofficial.bandcamp.com/

From the Dust Returned
A ridiculously prolific blog of Metal reviews principally written by our very own @autothrall

Autothrall's Lists
Looking for metal recommendations? You can find everything from Abattoir to Zuriaake in here. Thrash, death, black, NWOBHM, doom: pick your poison and Auto will provide the good shit.

Most of this post was directly ripped off from @TerribleMisathrope who ripped it off from @LoveIsUnity who ripped it off from @Morgenstern.

Fearmeister on

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I wonder if we should update the basic guidelines someday.

• Options
    I'm down with adding some more if we got good ones

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I feel like Deafheaven comes up a lot. We could sneak them in. I don't know where the thread generally falls on them though.

• Options
    I feel it's mixed. Most of us don't like them but there are a few fans in here.

One idea I just had is to put a link to the forum bands. Visigoth and Bog Wizard are the only two I'm aware of though

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I feel like we don't really have a lot of metal faux pas in this thread to be honest. Probably because it's like the same 10-15 users who frequent it.

But I know Slip Knot has a new album coming out, so maybe something about them? Also Metalsucks seems to be generally disliked/distrusted.

Perhaps something about Lost in Vegas, since they come up every few pages (I like them though!).

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I feel like we don't really have a lot of metal faux pas in this thread to be honest. Probably because it's like the same 10-15 users who frequent it.

But I know Slip Knot has a new album coming out, so maybe something about them? Also Metalsucks seems to be generally disliked/distrusted.

Perhaps something about Lost in Vegas, since they come up every few pages (I like them though!).

I think there are more people keeping an eye on this thread than are regularly posting in it, fwiw.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I have actually only ever heard of Deafheaven from this thread up until recently, when a former coworker of mine posted pictures from one of their shows. He's very much not a metalhead.

SteevL on
  • Options
    EthelTheFrogEthelTheFrog Registered User regular
    Come on, guys. I'm offline for less than a day and we start a new thread that isn't a Paddington Bear reference. I've been waiting all year for this.

But in all seriousness, I like the new name choice.

All these folks trying to be the Hiroo Onoda of the Loudness War...
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Marmalade sandwiches are fucking metal.

Yeah, solid title choice. One of Iommi's finest riffs (from his embarrassment of riches).

Jazz on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Yeah, solid title choice. One of Iommi's finest riffs (from his embarrassment of riches).

I thought it was a U2 reference.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

I thought it was a U2 reference.
    Here be the new thread for all the headbangers, heshers, metalheads and degenerate fucks out there

https://youtu.be/yuVmjv22Nqc

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I thought it was reference to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs

before opening the new thread and looking at the first post. Either way a good thread title.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    autothrallautothrall Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    If you leapt to U2 or Sepultura before the earlier Black Sabbath album, then clearly we have failed you. I now commence the self-flagellation and swear to do better next time!

autothrall on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Eh dunno Sepultura was more impactful to me personally as it was the metal I started listening to first as a teen. Sabbath I didn't listen to until later and even then was mainly seeing them when they headlined Ozzfest multiple times in late 90's early 00's.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Saw Haunt, Toxic Holocaust, Nuclear Assault, and Municipal Waste last night

It was good

• Options
    TerribleMisathropeTerribleMisathrope 23rd Degree Intiate At The Right Hand Of The Seven HornsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Oh the fucking irony!!

I started the last thread and disappeared into a black hole of work and now that I'm ready to say hi again occasionally it's a new thread!! Nice additions to the OP @Fearmeister!

Edit: Guess I got a little catching up to do! The last posts I read were from early 2018, something about new Summoning... \m/

New Behemoth setting the world aflame? I've heard it's good and closely related, stylistically, to The Satantist. I've not heard it yet myself, but I'm fucking excited to!! I just have to get through all the other good things that've happened in 2018 first.

TerribleMisathrope on
    Mostly Broken

try this
  • Options
    New Behemoth seems OK. Not really a fan of the children choir or whatever it is. I've never even heard the entirety of the first track (effectively an intro) because my wife skips it and she's the bigger Behemoth fan here.

• Options
    TerribleMisathropeTerribleMisathrope 23rd Degree Intiate At The Right Hand Of The Seven HornsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I've been told that, like the The Satanist, I Loved You At Your Darkest is back loaded and so it may take a few spins to click, because you have to get past the first few songs. IDK, The Satanist was that way for me, but I also really love The Satanist (I think it is their best album so far, not having heard LYAYD yet).

Most of their prior work was good, but nothing really special and a bit generic, if very well produced and brutal, IMO, YMMV.

TerribleMisathrope on
    Mostly Broken

try this
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    New Behemoth was alright. Was a bit of a surprise when they busted out the grandpa's guitars, but it's kind of bounced off me to be honest. But it did take a while for the Satanist to really click with me. Also I feel like Nergal's antics have started to get on my nerves lately.

In other news, was anyone looking for a Seinfeld themed grindcore supergroup containing members of Rivers of Nihil, Alterbeast and Wretched?

Grindfeld's got you covered:

https://grindfeld.bandcamp.com/album/5-songs-about-nothing

• Options
    Apparently Dave 'Scarface' Castillo, the drummer of Deceased (since King Fowley moved over to just the vocals), passed away yesterday. R.I.P. sir, I will listen to your drumming on the new Ghostly White record in memory.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    R.I.P. in peaces Stan Lee.

TerribleMisathrope on
    Mostly Broken

try this
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    And one last RIP to Virus, who announced today that they're breaking up.

My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    And one last RIP to Virus, who announced today that they're breaking up.

Nooooo. Virus is one of my favorite bands of the last few years.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Well, Virus never failed to deliver, so they've got a great track record that they'll never need to worry about breaking now. I assume we're talking about the good Virus and not the lukewarm British thrash band.

autothrall on
  • Options
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    Decibel never disappoints. I might go up to Worcestor for this one. It's been too long since I last saw Immolation.

My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    Is that Blood Incantation? I'm sleep deprived and can barely read the scribbles

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Hell yes! Been wanting to see Blood Incantation for a while now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I liked this thread’s old material better

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Before it sold out

• Options
    I love that we didn't necessarily know who that logo was :lol:

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

I had no clue. All I could think of was this:
    discarded-metal-logos-harm-the-environment-when-your-band-redesign-28559900.png

• Options

I assumed everyone else knew except me, so I google searched "cannibal corpse tour" to find the answer. :)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    wtkamoscqtxb.png

• Options

I had no clue. All I could think of was this:
    discarded-metal-logos-harm-the-environment-when-your-band-redesign-28559900.png

I had no idea either!

• Options
    McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    Blood Incantation is awesome, as well as Spectral Voice, which is almost the same band. Also, this exists :

CzIuCV9.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @Futt Bucker , you bring up that Virus is breaking up, but how could you not post their farewell address? It's glorious.
    "Good evening y'all. Or good morning or afternoon, depending on where you are in the world which is made up of time-zones and landslides. We are now into our 18th year of existance, and as you all know, in 1918, in plymouth, Charlie Chaplin forgot his drivers-license at the chemist's while simultaneously thinking about tunafish and batteries. An odd moment, yes, but it has reminded us (in Virus) that it's time to throw in the towel... It's been 4 full-lengths, a demo and a mini-album and a few handfuls of gigs, plus the odd whale-shark encounter. Einz has become voivod of bulgaria (1155-1299), Plenum has become the prime minister of Equador while simultaneously working as a paediatrician in Ukraine. Czral has become a well known Elvis -and Bret Michaels-impersonator whilst working as a moped-vendor machine-operator in birmingham. So that's why we've decided to lay down our deplorable riffs and beats and bass-lines, rather than being 'on ice, don't know what's happening' -mode, for an unforeseeable future... You know, you can't devour an apple more than three times: the time you buy it, the time you put it on your kitchen-counter, and the time you decide to throw it away because it's gone bad. Only thrice. But I digress.. My point is: at some point, you realise that what you set out to do has now been done, now, so now.. Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus."

EthelTheFrog on
This discussion has been closed.