As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - No Thank U

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - No Thank U

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    BradGunnerSGTBradGunnerSGT Registered User regular
    Holy crap do I love "Diorblo"! I hear Mike on the podcast impersonating Deckard Cain every single time.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Does the Barbarian's belt foreshadow a new Champion's Belt version of The Watch?
    I sure hope so.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I love that the barbarian guy is Gabe. Like, you can tell that's Gabe, it's his face on the other guy's body and hair, but it's totally Gabe.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    as someone who doesn't play Diorblo, I'm only vaguely familiar with it's mechanics, the seasonal play, this presents a limited time to get the loots? do you start over in the next season?

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Brilliant. Just brilliant.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    as someone who doesn't play Diorblo, I'm only vaguely familiar with it's mechanics, the seasonal play, this presents a limited time to get the loots? do you start over in the next season?

It's the end-game content that's a lot of randomly generated quests and dungeons of increasing difficulty; each new season bumps your old characters out of seasonal play (you keep them, but can't use them for seasonal play in the new season), so the start of a season means you essentially start from scratch, gold and item-wise. Also most seasonal play takes place outside of the "Story mode," so you care even less about the NPCs who are in trouble or the big bad Devil who won't shut up.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

An optional mode where you create a fresh character with no stash or currency access, and compete on leader boards for special unlocks.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I love that the barbarian guy is Gabe. Like, you can tell that's Gabe, it's his face on the other guy's body and hair, but it's totally Gabe.

And I'm pretty sure the middle guy is Kiko...

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    You're still going to be rescuing plenty of farmers and slaying plenty of Diorblos in seasonal play, thanks to how the bounty mechanics work. Admittedly, there will be minimal Deckards involved.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Are bird-flips normally pixelated?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Not usually, no, but I think it’s done here to make the gesture seem even more vulgar than usual.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fun fact: the Star Fox strip in the news post was like the first PA I read.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KredKred Registered User regular
    Not usually, no, but I think it’s done here to make the gesture seem even more vulgar than usual.

Or because it's supposedly in game footage

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Wow apparently I'm the first person to mention the pacman belt.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Does the Barbarian's belt foreshadow a new Champion's Belt version of The Watch?
    I sure hope so.
    Wow apparently I'm the first person to mention the pacman belt.