As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    So as it turns out, there's a good amount of mythril hidden in record dungeons. Who knew? :o

There's the Record Dungeons, and also the hard-mode record dungeons, too, that people seem to forget about, too. It's also worth a look to scroll up on the map to see if any new stages have been added further. If you go on a time when record dungeons are half-off, you can parley that into a nice little hoard of mythril. I found about twenty pieces so far myself, and I'm only maybe a third of the way down my regular record stages. Granted, you have to slog through the regular records to open up all the hard-mode ones, but after that, you can pick and choose and gather mythril in the harder dungeons.

Now maybe I could get plenty of breaks and improvements and finally put CPU (Nightmare) in its god-damned place! I know, you guys are off doing magicites and I'm still struggling through Nightmares...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Record dungeons have a hard mode?! What have I been missing for all this time?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I don't think so? They're probably just talking about realm dungeons.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    There is not much to do today? What am I supposed to do magicite like I'm supposed to?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Note for anyone having issues with the last Bomb fight - if you have Orlandeau OSB, just spam it with three Entrusters and a healer to hit the RW.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Note for anyone having issues with the last Bomb fight - if you have Orlandeau OSB, just spam it with three Entrusters and a healer to hit the RW.

Any buffs needed?

• Options

Any buffs needed?

All you really need is a hastega and a boostga. I'm pretty sure that a 30% boostga is enough, considering Orlandeau was nearly capping Assault Sabre without any buffs whatsoever besides gear.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

I took all of my strongest mage dps.

Removed any double casts (took mage to avoid crits)

And then made sure to use the rw whenever another attack would kill it.

Actually wasnt that bad once i figured out the gimmick for gaining damage score without triggering the death explosion.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Worked like a charm, thanks.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh dear, it happened. I went so long after my first Famfrit victory that I done went and forgot my script. Gonna have to puzzle that out again

• Options
    Well, I think my daily average is back where it should be, give or take. I've only gotten one item in the past 5, maybe 6 weeks.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ok so how does the bomb event...work? Because I took a regular-ass team into the first one, killed the first bomb with abilities as normal, it blew up and dealt a lot of damage to people, and the total HP damage dealt counter...didn't increase at all. Did I miss a key explanation?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Assuming we'll get a USB selection for Black Friday, I'd like some advice. I'm trying to decide between Palom, Tifa, and Cinque. I have Palom's SSB, Tifa's Glint and USB1, and Cinque's BSB. Palom would be for wind, ice, and Torment IV D??? teams (lightning is covered), but perhaps I shouldn't be worrying about wind and ice yet.

Currently, my team for Quetzalcoatl is Onion, Bartz, DPS, Stone Press user, Elarra USB. No Earth Chain.

Onion Wrath / Entrust pUSB
    DPS: Bartz TQS / Blasting Strike / BSB-earth, USB1, OSB, ASB / LMR, LM2, 30% sword
    DPS: ??
    Stone Press: Cinque with BSB? Guy with SSB from Library and LD (blech) for imperils?
    Heals: Elarra USB

I've got Edge USB0 and Kelgar USB, but I understand Ninjas don't do well in Quetz. Dorgann BSB fills Onion's slot without bringing much utility beyond BSB entry. I don't have Galuf's earth-imperil BSB, that would be an obvious fill for the Stone Press slot.

Suggestions - both for the team and for a USB pick? Do I need an imperil in the Stone Press slot, since I don't have a chain?

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Ok so how does the bomb event...work? Because I took a regular-ass team into the first one, killed the first bomb with abilities as normal, it blew up and dealt a lot of damage to people, and the total HP damage dealt counter...didn't increase at all. Did I miss a key explanation?

Yes, you do NOT want to kill the bombs. Your goal is to lower their HP as much as possible before using the instant RW to capture them, then repeating until you hit the target score.

Killing them causes the bombs to use a suicide attack, and all their damage is piercing. You'll want to remove any doublecast materias and use abilities in such a way that you can clear one bomb per round.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hooray, my first actual useless 5* daily draw!

5* wind spear; less than 100 ATK fully upgraded, with a shared SB to deal damage + moderate chance to slow.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

5* wind spear; less than 100 ATK fully upgraded, with a shared SB to deal damage + moderate chance to slow.

Depending on how many +wind weapons you already have, that may not be completely useless. Pretty sure Bartz can carry spears, and obviously most (all?) dragoons can.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Depending on how many +wind weapons you already have, that may not be completely useless. Pretty sure Bartz can carry spears, and obviously most (all?) dragoons can.

Oh sorry, "wind spear" is not an explanation of its stats, it's the name of the item. Which, funnily enough, does NOT have +wind damage. It's just a bad spear.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Assuming we'll get a USB selection for Black Friday, I'd like some advice. I'm trying to decide between Palom, Tifa, and Cinque. I have Palom's SSB, Tifa's Glint and USB1, and Cinque's BSB. Palom would be for wind, ice, and Torment IV D??? teams (lightning is covered), but perhaps I shouldn't be worrying about wind and ice yet.

Currently, my team for Quetzalcoatl is Onion, Bartz, DPS, Stone Press user, Elarra USB. No Earth Chain.

DPS: Bartz TQS / Blasting Strike / BSB-earth, USB1, OSB, ASB / LMR, LM2, 30% sword
    Stone Press: Cinque with BSB? Guy with SSB from Library and LD (blech) for imperils?

I've got Edge USB0 and Kelgar USB, but I understand Ninjas don't do well in Quetz. Dorgann BSB fills Onion's slot without bringing much utility beyond BSB entry. I don't have Galuf's earth-imperil BSB, that would be an obvious fill for the Stone Press slot.

Suggestions - both for the team and for a USB pick? Do I need an imperil in the Stone Press slot, since I don't have a chain?

Did they give us reason to believe we will get a USB selector?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Daffydd wrote: »

Did they give us reason to believe we will get a USB selector?

Japan got one for Golden Week. People have jumped and assumed we'll get that stuff for Black Friday.

(Other Golden Week stuff was the 15-mythril realm draws, which we've already gotten, and a few things which I need to dig up)

• Options
    edited November 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8f3bgt/golden_week_2018_jp_megathread/

Here was the thread. It was part of their fest, looks like?

Basically, my thought is that if we get it, it'll be for Christmas, not Black Friday.

e: Select thread in particular:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8fozxb/golden_week_2018_ultra_dream_selection_jp_relic/

Jragghen on
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I'm assuming we'll get the USB Select draw, because if we don't, I don't expect to be able to do Zappy Bird any time soon. I'm missing either a chain or a big DPS, and the second option might also require lots of imperil. (A chain might be enough because I have Ingus's earth damage reflect BSB... but I've only got four chains now, and two of those are magic ice.) I'd like to plan for it now, because I'll probably be out of the country when the draw happens, if it happens.

So - any draw and team suggestions? Does no-chain require big imperil?

• Options
    I think most people here either had a chain or did va radiant shield strategy - I'd check the Reddit clear thread

• Options
    I need to hunker down and get 3 more kills of Geo. Bleh.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yay, got enough for a full Famfrit. Now to farm it probably infinity+1 more for inheritance fodder. Uh, yay.

Also have to start looking at cracking Geo. Wish I had pulled a lightning chain but there's gotta be something non hair-pulling I can figure out.

• Options
    I have both earth chains, and radiant shield in both earth-flavored and regular versions, and I still haven't figured out a Quetz win. Rage that cuts damage to half and turns on every few actions is rough :(

• Options
    Yay, got Famfrit #4. Now all I have left is to level up my Zappy Bird Magicite and take on Geocites. My preliminary team idea is Ashe (B, Glint), Garnet (Chain, B1), Matoya (Ul)/Rapha (B), Relm (Ul), and Sazh (Ul). Sazh is there for Astra.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ugh, forgot about maintenance again.

Stupid daylight savings time.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    image0.png

image0.png?width=308&height=546

Belias may prove tricky since Tidus is my only water chain

• Options
    I have 3 AOSBs with Bartz, Yuffie and Tidus, and Tidus' chain, so I'm feeling decent about my chances, but there always seems to be one sucky thing about new magicite that manages to screw me over.

• Options
    What is it about Kimahri USB that makes it so good for Phoenix compared to other fights with a relevant radiant shield?

• Options
    phoenix attacks roughly a million times per turn

• Options
    Seifer BSB1 off the daily draw. Not terribly relevant on its own merits, but at least it's something for him to do in between Chain casts if he ends up with spare meter.

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

So much higher incoming damage compared to the first four Magicite bosses?

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

So much higher incoming damage compared to the first four Magicite bosses?

so much so that radiant shield 2 healers is the recommended strat

• Options
    I wonder if Tidus Chain and Kimahri Ultra will be of use for Belias. I could round out the team with Rydia Ultra and Onion Sage?

• Options
    My magic water team is extremely weak...I have a few auto-enwaters and bursts, but no overflow damage, or even USBs. And Tidus is my only chain

• Options
    Whoof. Um. How does one deal with Savage Painflare? Under Fire Rage, the damn thing did 3 or 4 hits (I wasn't counting) for like 2300 damage a pop. Even if it's only 3, that's enough to kill almost anyone in my current Belias team from full health.

• Options
    It's 5 piercing hits in slot 1 and 5

• Options
    Oh. Lovely. That kills any character I have from full (as each hit was over 2000 damage).

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Are you cancelling out Saber with Power breakdown?

I think that's how it works. E: maybe not.

https://youtu.be/T_05Y3EdTfY

silence1186 on
This discussion has been closed.