As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Drafts not getting deleted after the post is submitted

Is this happening to anyone else?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm going to trigger it now

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It catches me occasionally, and has been for literally years, when I have a slow / intermittent connection on mobile; I've never observed it on anything hard-wired. Always just put it down to the connection quality.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    no I'm not, but this time definitely because I'm going to remember to wait until the draft saves

hoopy doopy smoopy doo

dum dum dum

rimply poople po pi pum

I knew a man called Tim who had a very smelly butt
    it got so bad the

oh there it is ok

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yes, I run into this fairly often.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yeah this happens to me all the time. One of the main reasons I wish we could disable drafts :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Seems it happens to me if I submit the same time as the draft saves. On mobile.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    So I have an additional report of this. Some follow up questions:

Are all of you tabbed/multi-device users? Is it possible that you have a tab open with this draft in two places, published from one place, and then the draft saves again in some other? This seems like a logical conclusion and very easily possible and I want to rule it out as whats happening.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Iruka wrote: »

Are all of you tabbed/multi-device users? Is it possible that you have a tab open with this draft in two places, published from one place, and then the draft saves again in some other? This seems like a logical conclusion and very easily possible and I want to rule it out as whats happening.

this happens to me only on my phone (because i use the adblock script for drafts on desktop) and i can't think of a time i've ever had multiple forum tabs open at once

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    What do you browse with on your phone.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    What do you browse with on your phone.

chrome on iphone

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

No, its only ever happened to me when I'm using a single device/tab. Also, usually this happens on my desktop, hardwired fiber connection (75/75) so I don't think it's connectivity.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    edited November 2018
    I've never had this happen to me other than when not really obviously having a million tabs open or having chrome weirdly suspended rather than closed on my phone, and reopening a forum page. I'm trying to think of ways to reproduce it, but even deliberately posting while the draft saves does not give me a draft back in the post box.

Iruka on
    i think any time it has happened for me the draft save banner pops up instantly after i hit post comment but it’s not something i’ve ever been able to make happen on purpose

and it’s pretty rare, just irritating when it does happen

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think any time it has happened for me the draft save banner pops up instantly after i hit post comment but it’s not something i’ve ever been able to make happen on purpose

and it’s pretty rare, just irritating when it does happen

Not as irritating as the draft save banner m i rite /nudge nudge

But for real

Also yes it doesn't happen that often because I think it has to do with the timing of hitting the button