As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm... digging Aether Keep? There are a bunch of "traps" you can build for no cost out of the gate, so I've got a pretty nasty setup, I think.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I haven't played enough to say for sure, but at first glance Aether Keep looks like a version of Arena with everything I hate about Arena fixed. Cautiously optimistic!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Whoo got my camilla on 2nd summon. Camilla emblem is a go. probably need to give spring a blade tome as i kinda believe her regular one isn't great

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    worth noting that changing the terrain on your aether keep is not just an aesthetic change, some of them add defensive tiles, obstacles, etc

probably worth picking one that plays to your team's strengths

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Oh, neat. You can also lock in your defense team, which fixes their skills and seals. Prevents you from having to worry about removing your seals from these characters and accidentally weakening your defense.

This is what I'm using now:
    T1OP2y3.png
    Noting most of all that Ninian has no weapon, and Atk Tactic.
    Trying to bait out both Cherche and Lilina seems pretty close to impossible, so I imagine the best way to beat this team is to take Cherche out at range and then reposition/dance people to safety. That's why the traps are where they are, but people could destroy the building at the bottom and attack from there. The top right is also a relatively safe entry point, although they'd need to take some time destroying buildings. Really looking forward to seeing how people take this on.

EDIT: I just swapped out L'arachel for Legendary Hector. With Ostian Pulse and giving the Quickened Pulse seal to Lilina, she should have Glimmer ready to go at the start.

AshtonDragon on
    I want more aether...

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I haven't played enough to say for sure, but at first glance Aether Keep looks like a version of Arena with everything I hate about Arena fixed. Cautiously optimistic!

Yeah, my initial negative impression of having another mode to grind has been altered by things like this sick awesome defense replay feature they didn't even mention in the video.

s7Imn5J.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Defensive replays have always been something I wanted for arena. Very happy they added them in some capacity.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I actually got lucky for once and got a +Atk -HP female Corrin in about 50 orbs. My Dragon Emblem team is very, very slowly coming together after recently merging adult Tiki to +7.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    So, you can see you lift score as ranked against just everyone in you friends list. Feeling pretty good that my score is the same as @Warlock82 !

Talith is currently leading my list at 800.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

Eventually I might get lazy, like how I stopped doing arena assault. But for now I'm enjoying it much more than the version in Fates.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I didn't really want anything in particular
    on this Tempest Trial banner, so I just pulled the two red orbs on my first circle: pg7eais1k2m7.png

Thanks game, this is way better than the focus heroes :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Free pull got me Leo, which is nice because I didn't have any bonus units for the Tempest Trial.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Free pull got me Leo, which is nice because I didn't have any bonus units for the Tempest Trial.

Free for me was my first ryoma so I’m cool with that

Hmm, I really should set up several AR teams; just noticed it lets you swap teams after taking a peek at the enemy team and formation.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So question for the peanut gallery. I pulled a - atk kliff and not sure if I should build him or part him out. Seems like Fort def/res would be nice on a tank or chill speed on maybe lillina

camo_sig.png
    Alright, now I'm tier 4 so I get to upgrade the Fortress. Also, I finally got two successful defenses so I'm happy about that. Replay is such a nice feature. It's great to see my traps and funneling working as intended.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    So question for the peanut gallery. I pulled a - atk kliff and not sure if I should build him or part him out. Seems like Fort def/res would be nice on a tank or chill speed on maybe lillina

I keep every 5* unmolested until I pull a second one. I level them all to 40. I’m working towards “complete” builds for all of them.

No skills are that important.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Note that Kliff's tome benefits from having lower attack than his opponent so -Atk might not be that bad for him.

My defense team is killing a unit or two far more often than it doesn't, and I get at least one success each day, but... I really can't imagine getting it to a point where I don't get at least one complete defeat each day. Might be misunderstanding how the lift loss system is going to work, but I'm worried that my effort isn't going to matter (given that I'm only concerned about my own lift; I don't care about reducing other people's score). I guess my hope is that defeating units reduces the loss, and you can counteract losses with victories.

Also, I'm looking forward to when Aversa isn't a bonus unit. Using her feels kinda cheap, and I can't really plan my defense around opposing ones. Tempted to just give up on using hones/tactics on defense for this week.

Why isn't Aversa a holy grail option. D:

Marisa merges might also be really nice as an infantry pulse unit.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited November 2018
    2coygr4p0l1a.jpg

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Can someone explain how rematching works in Aether Raids? There's two people on my list of defenses that say "Your foe won the rematch!"; I didn't even know that you get some kind of option to rematch when you are the attacker. For one of these people, my defense was a Success, so I guess they lost to my team (which the replay shows) and then were able to win on the rematch (which I don't have a replay of).

For the other person, it says my defense was a Failure, so I guess they... just fought me twice? How? The replay for that person isn't helpful either; it suddenly ends during the first turn, so I had to do some maths to try to figure out if my defense was going to kill anything (I don't think they were, so I'm even more confused as to how they were able to rematch). Or maybe that person was rematching me, because I beat their defense? That would make some sense, although it conflicts with the above example.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Ahhhhhhh arena was hell. I was stuck with LUKE of all people. He's not too bad about getting kills and his Panic Ploy's ok, but I got real sick of seeing Legendary Tiki killing Myrrh and F-Grima.

Can someone explain how rematching works in Aether Raids? There's two people on my list of defenses that say "Your foe won the rematch!"; I didn't even know that you get some kind of option to rematch when you are the attacker. For one of these people, my defense was a Success, so I guess they lost to my team (which the replay shows) and then were able to win on the rematch (which I don't have a replay of).

For the other person, it says my defense was a Failure, so I guess they... just fought me twice? How? The replay for that person isn't helpful either; it suddenly ends during the first turn, so I had to do some maths to try to figure out if my defense was going to kill anything (I don't think they were, so I'm even more confused as to how they were able to rematch). Or maybe that person was rematching me, because I beat their defense? That would make some sense, although it conflicts with the above example.

Honestly I still don't understand it. It seems like you are supposed to lose lift for losing and then rematch can get it back, but all of my losses say -0 lift. So *shrug*

it would be nice if you could get more aether by destroying the opponents reserve things. maybe tie it into reward. like if you wager this much you can earn x + whatever factor with the increased risk of losing that aether or lift. would definitely change strategy a lot more.

camo_sig.png
    You don't lose lift below a certain rank, according to the release notes.

edited November 2018
    it would be nice if you could get more aether by destroying the opponents reserve things. maybe tie it into reward. like if you wager this much you can earn x + whatever factor with the increased risk of losing that aether or lift. would definitely change strategy a lot more.

You do get more by destroying the two aether buildings.
    Delzhand wrote: »

Ahh that's probably it then.

Warlock82 on
    Yeah, I understand why we aren't losing lift yet. What I don't get is what those rematches were. When attacking, is there any way to rematch if you lose? Or can you only do a rematch against people who beat your defense? If the latter, why does it say "Your foe won the rematch!" in my first example, when they clearly lost the match?

Warlock82 wrote: »

You do get more by destroying the two aether buildings.
    Delzhand wrote: »

Ahh that's probably it then.

I meant like even more. its kind of a pittance. I think it would be an interesting mechanic to allow the player to put in more aether to increase the reward for winning at the risk of losing it if you lose your building

camo_sig.png
    Yeah maybe. Really the limit to how many battles you can do because of aether is kind of butts. I don't really like it.

I also can't figure out how you upgrade the Aether buildings. I managed to upgrade the storage one once but now none of them show up for me. Maybe you can only upgrade them once a week or something?

could be on the defensive list vs. the offensive one

camo_sig.png
    edited November 2018
    could be on the defensive list vs. the offensive one

Nope I checked... I have offensive, defensive, and "ornament" (which are a bunch of thrones I can't build yet)

Edit: Someone on reddit said it couldn't be built this week, so I dunno.

I ended up re-arranging my fort again because I keep losing. Hopefully this layout/team will work better. Basically went all dragon, stuck two armors on instead of full flyer emblem. Hopefully this will help.

Also apparently you can only place one "school" total. That sucks. Kind of a waste of stones I guess. Oh well. I think the armor school will be better than the infantry one anyways

Warlock82 on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I have a single success, while the rest are all 1 unit defeated except one at 2 units defeated. The fact that BST doesn't matter means dancers and Reinhardts and every advantage for player phase.

Not really sure what advancing past tier 11/4000 lift is going to be like, when you start losing points on defeats. Maybe there's an invisible limit on how many times your keep can get challenged? Otherwise I'm going to be treading water or going down the tube losing more lift to defeats (even partial kills) than victories.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited November 2018
    I have a single success, while the rest are all 1 unit defeated except one at 2 units defeated. The fact that BST doesn't matter means dancers and Reinhardts and every advantage for player phase.

Not really sure what advancing past tier 11/4000 lift is going to be like, when you start losing points on defeats. Maybe there's an invisible limit on how many times your keep can get challenged? Otherwise I'm going to be treading water or going down the tube losing more lift to defeats (even partial kills) than victories.

Yeah it will be weird, but you will also get more unit slots, so technically it will be 5/6 against 4/5. Maybe in those cases it will be easier to win defenses?

Edit: In any case, this is what I currently have setup. We'll see if it works:
    w24l1dx9qlvz.png

Warlock82 on
    So pulled a +def bownoka. Seems like most builds are swift sparrow or life and death. I have fodder for either. I don't have any firesweep bow but I could get brave bow. Not sure of the best a skill

camo_sig.png
    So pulled a +def bownoka. Seems like most builds are swift sparrow or life and death. I have fodder for either. I don't have any firesweep bow but I could get brave bow. Not sure of the best a skill

It depends on what you wanna use her for. +DEF might actually be a good IV for her default weapon as an armor slayer. Tho she kinda sucks at it too due to fliers being not bulky at all :P

Mine I just kept her default A skill on her (ATK/SPD Bond). It's honestly fine for her. You'll usually want to keep fliers together anyways for the buffs (though of course it doesn't work if she's off killing things with no one near her). Could also probably go with Fury though Fury 3 fodder can also be hard to come by.

edited November 2018
    Ugg, Legendary Eirika is the worst bonus unit. She dies to everything even with her inflated stats. Being a horse she doesn't even give that much BST despite having a legendary weapon and personal B skill :/

I am gonna have to power farm feathers to get Wendy another merge so she provides comparable BST (though I'm losing a few points without a refine on her weapon. With the arena reward for 5 wins I'll be at 44, 6 stones away. Two per day from TT but I won't be able to upgrade it until Friday :/ ). Slightly worried about her abyssmal attack stat, but her defenses are rock solid and I gave her a Slaying Spear for effective armor damage. Combined with Warding Breath and Wrath, her specials should be pretty good.

Edit: Ha, this one is great

Warlock82 on
    Had a Laputa run go sour because armor movement seal doesn't update until the start of the first enemy turn D: 3 casualties when it easily could have been another flawless run.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Kinda wish Aether Raids were more like Mario Maker, where you could build whatever you wanted and people could challenge it for fun. I love the mode mechanically, but I'm not really happy with the play restrictions and season/rank meta. I'm especially leery of what happens when the season ends. Does everyone start over at rank 0?